Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
First DD weigh in of the week 130.2 which is pretty good since I'm always heavier on the first DD. To compare I am -1.0 from last Tuesday and +.6 from Saturday. All is well so far. I also feel this way there is no negative conotation for me in my mind as to my weight and fluctuations. I have 2 reference points to compare it to and that is it ! Otherwise I go by how my clothes fit & how I feel. I am not as stressed as I was before. It's amazing how much power the scale had over my moods and feelings of self worth. Those that don't have this happen to them can't understand but boy is it powerful and un-motivating at the same time. Mind you on HCG it was a necessary tool but now with 2 weekly weigh in's I can stay accountable but not drive myself batty.

Today a busy day at work and then lots to do at home as well. Will do my pilates dvd since I really like the strengthening and stretching and need to work on a brief work presentation for Friday.

Looking forward to a long birthday weekend with the family and can't wait for Friday's massage & facial

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 03-19-2014 at 05:42 AM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! Regular day and did manage 30 minutes on the treadmill which I am very happy since tom is next week and I really had no desire to exercise. Told myself do 15 minutes and then 15 minutes turned into 30 minutes ! Hunger not bad or cravings but I am a bit bloated and getting a cold sore on my lip - yuck ! Today I was going to do the pilates dvd but I may end up on the recumbent bike and do some hand weight repetitions instead (much easier lol).

Today is my "2nd day need to go to the bathroom" swear I am getting so tired of that every 2 days. I had an apple and 2 fiber crackers yesterday along with my regular foods and you would think for all the rumbling and gurgling my stomach did something would happen but nope. Oh well today will take my usual everything but the kitchen sink and see what happens. This co-worker told me about Oxy-Cleanse which is all natural and has no laxatives or harsh chemicals and gets you going and then keeps you regular. Will order it and see, the ingredients are Germanium and Magnesium. About to get some prunes too but we'll take it one step at a time. Would like to keep the bathroom supplements down to one but so far not happening.

Today a very busy day at work and home. Need to rush home after a trip to get some things at Walgreens, help DS with homework and prepare my presentation for tomorrow at work. Also somehow eat dinner, exercise, wash & flat iron my hair & watch TV with hubby ! My work presentation is a 5 minute speaking about my job and career thing. Basically a mini career fair for new employees at my office. Not too bad but I'm not crazy about public speaking so I stress. Also I got in to the ADP - Accelerated Development Program which I had applied. It's a 7 month program where they pair you with a manager and you go to different seminars and learn management skills. It involves some travel (once a month) but all within Florida. Hopefully this leads me to something bigger and better. I have to do this on top of my job and it involves no extra money but it is a perk to be able to add that to your internal resume. We'll see how it goes so keeping my fingers crossed.

Feeling very yucky so need to get over it so I don't ruin my b-day weekend with my mood. I told myself to relax and I have 2 DD coming up Friday & Tuesday. If the scale next Wednesday is way off then I'll just do alternate day DDs for the week until it comes off, if needed. Feels better to always have a plan, just in case. Really only planning on eating off plan on Sunday and not by much since it's a Argentinian steak house and on Monday which is my actual b-day ( I want some cake & bread lol). I;m also planning on saving my calories on Sunday so I shouldn't do too much damage but the sodium is always a killer. Monday well I'm going to go with the flow and enjoy myself. I'll take care of whatever I need to the following days to come.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-20-2014 at 05:07 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #573
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
a bit early!! Enjoy yourself and trust your plan to correct IF you need it!! You've worked very hard for very long, you look and feel amazing, enjoy your special day!! You're doing great!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
a bit early!! Enjoy yourself and trust your plan to correct IF you need it!! You've worked very hard for very long, you look and feel amazing, enjoy your special day!! You're doing great!!
Thank you !
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

I just made the yummiest salad for lunch ! I sliced very thin (used a mandolin) half a cucumber, about 5 yellow cherry tomatos, some diced red onion, 2 tbsp of shredded parmesan and about 3 oz of cold shredded chicken. Added some red wine veinegar, some dry spices & 2 tbsp of Italian dressing & left it overnight in the fridge. So good
Old 03-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Friday !! Have a brief work presentation and then off at 2:00 pm for my massage & facial and birthday weekend begins Today doing a DD so started the day with a Starbucks vente with HWC and that will tie me over until lunch which I'll have my GY and berries and then more of the same at dinner time.

Tomorrow is weigh in day so hope I'm within my happy range of 128-130. I think I should be unless I have more tom inflammation than I think. I've been eating on plan and exercising but tom is coming next week . But really not stressed or worried even if I'm not 128-130 I'm not going to do anything or make any changes. Things will balance out as they always do.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

131.2 which is +1.0 from my last weigh in. But not stressing it since I know tom is any day now and I had a massage yesterday. I always go up after a massage so I was actually worried it might be higher. The last time I had a massage I had ended P3 and treated myself and the next day I was up like over 2-3 lbs and did a CD I've been eating on plan so no worries. The massage was really great and the facial was well "painful" I guess I had a lot of things for her to pick at because I came home with a massive headache that is still lingering this morning. I do tend to break out so she focused on at least 5 areas which were very painful. I walked out with my face on fire. I can tell today my skin looks smoother but the 5 areas are healing but still red (thank the Lord for makeup). I guess I need to have facials more often. I just don't remember the last time I had facial it being so painful. I wanted to relax and it threw me off a bit since the facial was first and then the massage so I couldn't 100 % enjoy the massage because my face still hurt

Off today to the botanical gardens with the family. Kept breakfast light to a coffee and a nuked Quest bar. I'll be doing lots of walking and plan on a nice Cobb salad and some fresh fruit from the gardens. Dinner maybe some rotisserie from Bj's and Quinoa since I got my order in from Amazon.

Scale has been put back under the bed to be taken out on Wednesday morning. Will re-assess any additional DD if I do decide to go a bit hog wild this weekend. So far I keep seeing the same numbers so it's all good. Even today's 131.2 is the same number I was last Wednesday so it really doesn't matter if I weigh in every day or not.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-22-2014 at 07:52 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

tom came but oh well.. Yesterday had a truly lovely time at the botanical gardens. We took a 45 minute tram tour and then walked for about 2 hours and had lunch at the gardens. I really am a sucker for pretty plants and flowers so I can honestly say for those almost 3 hours I totally disconnected from everything !!

I was also really good. Breakfast was my nuked Quest bar & coffee, lunch was a cobb salad with full fat dressing at the gardens & a small serving of pickled cucumbers. I had 2 bites of DS haagen daaz vanilla ice cream and he left most of his grilled cheese sandwich so I peeled off the bread and ate the gruyere cheese (too good to leave behind). Dinner was a grilled sirloin with home made parmesan crisps and small bowl of mixed berries with half a cup of cottage cheese.

I didn't exercise figured I got in enough walking and I just wanted to relax and watch movies with DH. Today same breakfast (I so love those Quest bars 30 seconds in the microwave) and lunch will be an apple with coffee so I can save my calories for dinner. We're going to an Argentinian churrasqueria which is all you can eat salad buffet and meats and meats & more meats !! Will indulge in some excellent cuts of meat

Tomorrow for my actual birthday after hubby takes DS to school will go explore our area and maybe have an early lunch by some roadside mom & pop place or go look for that coconut stand I want. Maybe a big country breakfast with all the fixings which I haven't had in like forever. Will see how I feel and take it from there.Tuesday back to DD and Wednesday will see how the scale treats me which hopefully is not too bad since tom should be almost over by then. If not I'll just add a 3rd DD to the week and see how it goes. Not really stressing about the scale. I really think it's a direct link to not weighing in every day. To my surprise I haven't over eaten or taken advantage of not weighing in like I was afraid I would do. It seems I am just as aware or even more

I only tom would of waited till Tuesday like it was supposed to come since bloating and cramps are not fun on my b-day weekend but won't let it stop me now

Last edited by pandora174; 03-23-2014 at 08:51 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

P3210001.jpg

Here is DS and myself at the gardens. I actually wore shorts !! I still have a complex about my legs as they are still a bit of an issue for me.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

P3220046.jpg

My favorite part was the butterfly house. Here I am with DS
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy birthday!
Happy for you, getting out in the warm weather in shorts too! You look really cute!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Had a great time yesterday for my pre-birthday dinner. Made good choices and saved my calories. Boy did I eat meat..I tried all the different cuts from filet to lamb to chicken to pork sausage. I had lots of little bites so I ate salmon, cheeses, shrimp and 2 rolls of bread but skipped other carby foods. We were so stuffed we then went for a walk around the mall. An hour and half later (it's a big mall) and a visit to the Michael Kors outlet store and we got some cake/cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Got home and had 2 bites from each and left the rest for hubby. I guess all the different foods did a number on all of us since I've had zero bathroom issues since Friday

Today decided to just sleep in and it was lovely. Woke up and DH got me some lovely roses and a perfume and my favorite jewelry from Brighton. We're going to pick up DS from school and head to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a late lunch. I had my usual Quest bar with coffee followed by an apple to save my calories. We'll see if it worked out on Wednesday after my DD tomorrow. But at least I feel like I can indulge in moderation and not feel like I went too overboard. Will likely have some chips and salsa today and the stuffed chiles but skip beans/rice. DH got me a mini birthday cake so I know I want a piece of that when we get back and then tomorrow back to a DD followed by on plan regular foods.

I must say it's been a really good birthday weekend
Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #583
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the pictures!! Shorts even!! That's a gift in an of itself!! Your celebrating sounds delicious!! I hope the scale is kind after your dd! Enjoy it!!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my DD and not really overly stressing tomorrow and the scale. I still have tom so I know it could be kind or not. Looking at my past numbers I can be anywhere from 130 to 133 when I weighed in everyday so we'll see. I was pretty good yesterday. I had some chips and salsa, my 2 chile rellenos and skipped the rice but had some beans and then a nice piece of birthdya cake. I was done eating by 5 pm.

Whatever the scale says tomorrow I'm going to keep on as planned. Back to my regular menu, exercise tomorrow and Thursday and then Friday my 2nd DD of the week. I'll re-assess on Saturday since tom should be over and I'll have 2 DD under my belt by then. This is life and need to be able to relax and let the process work itself out particularly when there is a holiday or special event.

I know myself and I can suck the joy out of things by freaking or stressing. This time I did not over eat and I saved my calories all day except for these particular meals as well as no alcohol so I need to let go of some of my OCD type behaviors. I keep telling myself to wait a few days and let clean eating, exercise and lots of water work things out because anything I do such as extra CD will wash out because I have tom. I have done CD or extra things when I have tom and the very next day gained it all back so this time going to learn from my past mistakes.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

132.4 + 1.2 from last weigh in but I guess not too bad with tom + 2 days of off plan eating. I've seen this very same number several times with on plan eating and no tom so all things considered a pretty good number actually

Anyway back to my regular eating today and will squeeze in 30 minutes on the treadmill as well. Friday will be my 2nd DD and hopefullly I'm back in the 129-130 by Saturday. If I'm still a bit high will re-assess if I need to add another DD next week or do a few high fat/no carb days. But we'll see since I am seeing the same numbers as when I weighed in every day. Also I do have tom and while I didn't over eat I did have sugar and some carbs and I know everything had lots of salt. So will up my water intake and keep on as planned unless I really feel the need.

I slept poorly last night but that happens on DD sometimes for me. Hopefully today is a better day overall. Back to work after 3 days off and all the stress is also not conducive for a happy scale. No worries at least I can have my yummy foods today because I did get a bit antsy last night.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Regular day though energy wise I feel better than yesterday. After dinner and homework I was just really tired and ended up napping on the couch vs exercising. Today will get on that treadmill or do the recumbent bike. Tom is coming to an end so should be over by tomorrow for my DD. This weekend jsut going to relax, probably go do my nails and I do need to work on DS science project and report. So far not stressing about food and surprisingly have no cravings after my 2 days of indulging. I guess because I know I can enjoy a meal here and there for special occasions it's not such as big deal as before. Also I do enjoy my on plan meals and I never feel stuffed or poorly after eating them.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, You are totally ROCKIN this maintainence thing !! I'm trying to get a plan together while I'm in my last (hopefully) hcg round. I may use some of your stategies. Thanks for keeping this journal it's a real help !!
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

DD today and feeling really happy it's Friday !! I've been very bad this week about exercise. Just not feeling it for some reason and after I run around at home I end up taking a nap on the couch Not going to beat myself up. This Saturday and Sunday will do my pilates dvd and see if I can get back to my regular routine next week.

Tomorrow I'll have my Saturday weigh in and hope to see 130ish. As long I hoepfully see under my last DD weigh in of 132.4 I'll be happy. I find myself stressing less and less of "wanting" to see lower and lower numbers on the scale. I notice as long as I see numbers I've seen before which are within my regular fluctuations I am more accepting of that. I'm not saying I don't get really happy and there is an extra spring in my step when I see 129 because I do ! But I find myself less and less wanting to do something about it which for me is refreshing.

I know I can be anywhere fron 128ish to 132ish with regular on plan eating, exercising, water, sleep and all my little variables and even a tom thrown in there. So looking at that it's been very stable. If I do low carb/no carb and count calories and macros I can see the 128-129 with more frequency but at what expense or cost ? Just puts more stress on me and gives me anxiety and then I start cutting out entire food groups and I get restless and want to change things up.

So right now I find myself content with my weight and maintenance in general. I'm happy with my WOE and occasional indulgences and 5:2 seems to keep that OCD side of me happy as well since I am "always" taking care of things. If I get restless I look in the mirror to give myself a reality check. I am thin and healthy so I need to embrace that and stop looking for something more which in the big scheme of things matters to no one.

It's not like I'm going to sit back and have bon bons and get fat again . But it's finally sinking in that if I keep doing what I'm doing which is eating on plan, eating good wholesome foods, exercising even if occasionally or moderately, following a healthy life style and keep doing my 5:2 I will not gain the weight back. That was my concern deep down that I had to stay low carb/no carb, count and track everything, restrict this and that and never ever ever indulge and this would be the only way to keep the weight off. I'm glad that I was able to shed some of the over the top behaviors one at a time and keep the ones in that are necessary for long term maintenance but let me enjoy life a bit more. Now I truly know better and that feels like a big load off my shoulders. I find with maintenance it's all a such a big exhausting process and there are so many many steps to get to wherever we need to get to and stay not only physically healthy but mentallly healthy as well. It's a much harder journey than losing the weight ever was Now to look forward to my 2 year anniversary in November of goal weight and then the next and the next !

Last edited by pandora174; 03-28-2014 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning
Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Nice weigh in 131.0 which is down -1.4 from Wednesday and -.2 from last Saturday. Will get in my exercise today and tomorrow which will make it 2x this week but better than nothing. Had to get a new Keurig since mine officially died this morning. It's been acting up the last few weeks so I was expecting this. Thankfully I had $30 Kohls cash and a 30 % coupon ! So on top of the savings I made an extra $20 Kohls cash and I'll be getting a $30 rebate so I saved a ton & basically got the Keurig for like $20 ! I so love a good savings

I also must say that the Colon Cleanse I bought from Amazon is working great. I found the dose that works for me and it keeps me regular. Not a cleanse at all just how I used to be before my issues. Also it's all natural with no laxatives so no upset stomach, cramping nothing. Just keeps things going when I need to. I'm worried that I'll get used to it & it will stop working but keeping my fingers crossed. It's a bit expensive though since a bottle costs $29 for 120 capsules and it barely lasts 3 weeks but better than the alternative.

I already have my flight booked for my mini work trip. It's pretty nice since I fly out Wednesday 4/9 arriving in Tampa FL at 8:30 am and don't have to be at the meet & greet until 6 pm. So I have the whole morning and afternoon to myself. I do know 2 of the girls flying out so we can go eat. The next day Thursday is all day seminars then we fly home straight after. Not too bad since it's only 1 night away from home. Hopefully hubby and DS will miss me

So far things are going well maintenance wise and no plans to add any more DD or any changes ! Back on track and feeling very good mood wise. Only want to get my focus back to my exercise routine. Also I was so proud of myself..My co worker decided to do a round to re lose some gained weight and while I had a tinge it passed !

Already putting up my Easter decorations at home and buying goodies for DS basket. Looking forward to DS Easter break from school and I get to be home one entire week...
Old 03-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning
Old 03-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Busy day ahead. Need to help DS do his science fair report which is due tomorrow ! But yesterday I did my food prep early. I had bought these smoked turkey legs at Aldi's. I put them in the oven yesterday but they came out so tough I threw them in the crock pot instead. After a few hours they were easy to shred. Ended making a ton of meat. I also had some ground chicken, put that in the crock pot with a small bag of frozen sweet potatoes, some greek olives, a little shredded cheese and red onions and the house smelled so good this morning. So I have a a ton of meals ready for the following week or so.

I also figured out finally how to make yummy Kale chips and the secret was parchment paper Yesterday ended up having it for lunch and dinner. I also did my exercise. Decided to do my recumbent bike with 3 reps of light weights and then some of my ab roller exercising. Then I took a nice long detox bath with mustard seed, epsom salt & baking soda since I was pretty sore. Today may just do more of the same or may do the treadmill. Still have those unwrapped t-tapp workout dvds but just not feeling it. Maybe when I go on vacation and I have more time on my hands to check them out.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-30-2014 at 09:09 AM..
Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a good day! Do you think the detox bath helped your soreness?

Its good to listen to your body & rest sometimes. At least that's what they say!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:40 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sounds like a good day! Do you think the detox bath helped your soreness?

Its good to listen to your body & rest sometimes. At least that's what they say!
Oh definitely yes ! I put the water as hot as I can take it and I swear I step out of the bath with very little soreness & this morning I woke up with no soreness ! And I was doing weight repetitions for my arms and the ab roller that when I finished I was very very sore. I do a mix of epsom salts, baking soda & mustard seed and I throw in some oil from Avon and soak away
Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up feeling pretty good for a Monday that is. I was going to try and work out today but may just give myself a break and also I may want to tackle DS Science board for the fair that is due this Friday. I swear why do they give these kids these complicated projects that they know the parents end up doing ? Well anyways..

Tomorrow is a DD and want to shake things up a bit and do a regular 500 calorie with fish/shrimp and cucumber salad and not GY. Want to see if I am hungrier or I see any better losses or just have a bit more variety on my DD. Not expecting much because I always have a higher weigh in the first DD of the week and I have been stepping up the weights. But sometimes it's just good to shake things up because I think I am getting a bit OCD that "I must have GY on DD" and I try to nip those behaviors when I see them before they get too unhealthy for my liking.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

DD today and prepared steamed salmon (110 calorie filet from Aldi's) with 1 oz of shrimp and half a cucumber salad (prepared with acv, Equal & salt/pepper) for lunch & dinner (same meal 2x since for ease of prep time). Still a bit short in calories but if I'm hungry I may have 2 fiber crackers with sf jam and that should get me to 500 calories. I usually fast now till lunch time on my DD with no problem. For me it helps with hunger and have more control over food.

Though I must say the GLA/CLA combo is helping tremendously with appetite suppresion and I feel less bloated on my non fast days. So not sure if it's that or my new colon cleanse supplement that is keeping me less bloated since "knock on wood" I haven't had to resort to any other remedies in well over a week now & I am extremely regular. Who would of going to the bathroom regularly can brighten my day so much ?!? lol

Let's see what the scale says tomorrow but I tend to focus more on Saturday's weigh in for a better idea of how the week went for me. Right now I am just looking to see a general linear trend in my maintenance and not the downward trend I was always chasing. That to me is real mental progress and am feeling pretty satisfied with my current weight and WOE.

My current goal this week is to exercise at least 4x with light weights. Next week will be a challenge since I'm travelling 2 days but if I can get a work in on Thurs/Sat/Sun I'll call it a win-win situation

Last edited by pandora174; 04-01-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Excellent! So happy to read of your contentment! It's so hard to wrap our heads around maintenance when were so programmed to want to keep losing! Good for you!,
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Wacky scale day..133.6, then 137.6, then 4.6, then error then 133.2 & 133.2 again !! DH was laughing because I was so mad this morning ! He told me it was probably the batteries or the constant moving it around and I've probably been getting wrong readings for a while So I try on my size 4 pants and they are loose at the waist this morning when normally they are comfortably snug and I had a DD yesterday where I came in at 400 calories !

Anyway after my "I hate the scale" moment passed I took the number it gave me the most 133.2 as my weigh in today though I think it's still wrong but what the hey. Not sure if to change the batteries and leave the scale out and just not allow myself to step on it. But I do think all the moving it back and forth is giving me innacurate numbers. So far I'm going to try and leave it out and if I do step on it and I know I probably will occasionally I won't log it in. Darn I was so happy not seeing the stupid scale but I hate wrong weigh in's even more What to do ...what to do
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been considering buying a new scale…the ones that tell you body fat % etc. Maybe you could get a new one? It sounds like this one is not doing well? It, like mine, has had a lot of use! I must admit that if I buy a new scale and it says I weigh more I may return it .

Loose size 4 pants is a better measurement and delightful!!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Well I briefly stepped on the scale and did not log it in but I'm not happy with it. Stupid scale lol Which is why I won't get on it until Saturday morning ! Of course after I talked myself off the ledge and reviewed in my head : I've added no new foods; been eating exactly the same; just did a DD the day before; the scale was fine last Saturday; clothes fit fine etc. I may not be eating as many calories on "feast days" as before though and that is a no-no on 5:2. I came to the conclusion either 1 of 3 things my DD of 400 protein calories did not yield a drop this week which on occasion I've had DD that left me STS or a minimal drop and then it evened out the 2nd DD or the scale is still off or the 5:2 is just giving me too big of a fluctuations if I don't eat enough

So not going to put the scale away and then see what happens on Satruday morning after a regular GY DD tomorrow. Going to eat regular today and do my treadmill, relax with a long detox bath and get my mind off the scale. Then hope Saturday the number is ner my happy range of 128-131 but I know I am already re-assessing.

I recall last time I did 5:2 I did it for 3 months and that is around this same time frame when it started driving me seriously batty with the big fluctuations after DDs. Seems like it wasn't worth it to have 2 lower days on the scale vs 5 higher dys when I could maintain on my own with smaller fluctuations. That's the key I think for me that I could eat my foods with an occasional CD and maintain better or at least less fluctuations that I get on the 5:2.

I think I always go with that if something is drving me nuts I kick it around a bit and if it truly is bothering me then I just do something about it. I think that time is coming around for me and the 5:2 again..even if the scale is fine on Saturday I may just transition out of 5:2 for a while and give things a rest sort of speak..Last time I did a few FF days or some very lc days after my last DD and then went back to regular low carb/moderate carb eating. I think I will do my DD on Friday followed by 2 low carb days or Meat & Egg days on Sat/Sun and see what happens. I will be weighing in everyday though to see how this works out. If it's like before then I will be ok with the minimal - normal fluctuations. Not planning on tracking foods just eat the same way so it's not such a big change. Same rules as before if the scale tips over 133 then a CD and regular on plan eating. Will make allowances for indulgences and eat in my 8 hour window. Keeping my fingers crossed

Last edited by pandora174; 04-03-2014 at 06:01 AM..