Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Up +2.2 132.4. It's expected since I'm constipated so hopefully today after my fiber crackers I'll get things going..also I know I didn't get in enough water and did some weights yesterday. No biggie regular eating and tomorrow a DD. If still constipated after my remedies will take a tea. Now to work on my stress !!
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

YEIII I went to the bathroom
Old 03-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 132.8 and doing a DD so hopefully I'll see 130 or 129 tomorrow or whatever number is fine really I'm eating on plan, exercising regularly, my clothes fit and as long as I'm not gaining weight it's all good. I'm getting tired of chasing a number that is so arbitrary anyways. This is something that I know if I want to keep doing 5:2 I need to accept. On UD regardless I will see fluctuations up because on DD the drops are from 1 lb to 3 lbs. At the end of the 2nd DD it all balances itself out (128-130).

So unless I want to go back to lc to see less movement on the scale then I need to move on and accept it. Since I don't want to go back to tracking my food and my carbs or worry if I eat an occasional treat or indulgence I find myself fretting less about the scale. Not enough not to stop daily weigh ins but I find now that it's more from a sense of self accountability than anything else. That if I weigh in daily I know where I sit on that particular day. I don't really make any changes but it's become for me part of being aware.

Yesterday decided to kick up my exercise routine and did the treadmill but after warming up for 5 minutes entered in a calorie busting program to get my heart rate up. I did exactly 13 minutes before I thought I was going to fall off the thing Then I did some ab exercises and took a very long hot mustard seed bath.

Today doing a DD and tomorrow will likely do some dvd and not sure which one yet. I've been looking at T-Tapp seems to be a low impact exercise routine that targets losing inches and toning particularly for older folks or those that have lost a lot of weight. Need to read up more on it. Happy Friday !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 03-07-2014 at 05:10 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Go girl! Exercise is so valuable with maintaining...I've come to appreciate that so much more this past month! You're doing so well! Hope your dd gets you back down to your comfy zone .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
And exercise is so valuable in controlling stress as well. I am also working on trying to control anxiety and stress; I've been trying to moderate it through meditation and simple things like listening to music and focusing on the beauty of the natural world which surrounds me every day. I really need to follow your example and up my physical activity and exercise more. Don't know why I have such trouble doing that. Must become more disciplined. You always inspire and motivate me, Pandora.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

-3.2 to 129.8 so a very nice drop which is why I changed my 2nd DD to Saturdays since the extra sleep always gets me a little lower Woke up pretty hungry so made a 2 egg omelet with mushrooms, cheese, cherry tomato with salsa & 5 pieces of bacon !! Lunch will be low carb, sausage and a burger. Dinner has to be a small Haas avocado since they are way ripe and I don't want them to go bad but may add some ground chicken or more sausage.

Not in the mood to go out today just think I'll relax at home and watch movies and surf the net. Not sure if to do the treadmill or an exercise dvd. There's a ballet workout dvd that seems interesting & I may just try it out. Today will be my 3rd workout and with tomorrow it will bring me to 4x a week. Seems lately that is the right number for me and manageable with work/family.

Feeling a bit blah. I know I'm ovulating (thank you phone app) lol so I know I am a bit sentimental and with my b-day in 3 weeks which for some reason always puts me in a bit of a funk.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-08-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

+ 3.2 132.8...so this morning I woke up bloated since I knew I needed to go to the bathroom but after yesterday's fiber crackers, berries, supplements, avocado and NADA. The scale sure showed it this morning so for breakfast I made a flax muffin and I went & boy did I go sorry for the tmi but jeez

Anyway since I know I'm ovulating and going through pre-birthday blues such a big up is not a welcome thing right now. Particularly when you're doing everything right...let me eat pizza and cake and chips for goodness sake to see that kind of jump on the scale. Well done feeling sorry for myself. I do know this is why I got tired of 5:2 last time. Sometimes it seems so many UP UP's are just not worth it to see 2 normal low days a week particularly when you weigh in everyday. I would get much smaller fluctuations on my own kwim ? Not like I'm losing weight. Just trying to maintain and reduce my stress not give myself more

Right now the Up's with the constipation are driving me a bit batty. I know I'm a bit hormonal as well. So going to just relax today, run errands, help my son with his science project, do another exercise dvd and watch some movies. Will see how I feel after next week's weigh ins. If it's still driving me crazy then I'll go to my own version of 5:2 with maybe one 500 calorie day a week as needed or 5 regular days with 2 no carb days. I als know that when I change my WOE things get better for a while anyway in the bathroom department. So we'll see what I decide.

OK feel better about that. Well yesterday I did a pilates work out dvd and it was pretty good. Lots of stretching and working muscles and abs and not as intense as other workouts. I do thing that varying your workouts is really important. Today may try a little more intense cardio workout and tomorrow will probably be the recumbent bike which is more relaxed.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-09-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry that happened to you... I know exactly how you feel. But happy for you that your flax muffin worked... do you have the recipe posted somewhere here? Sounds like a great help.
Birthdays aren't my fav either... Something about them now, I always feel 'let-down'... childhood birthdays were so much more exciting.
Have a great day!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sorry that happened to you... I know exactly how you feel. But happy for you that your flax muffin worked... do you have the recipe posted somewhere here? Sounds like a great help.
Birthdays aren't my fav either... Something about them now, I always feel 'let-down'... childhood birthdays were so much more exciting.
Have a great day!
I just eye it now to be honest. About a tablespoon or a little more of golden flax; 1 tbsp of chia seed, a smidge of baking soda, a few packets of Equal, sprinkle some cinammon to taste and a smidge of sea salt. Today I added a tsbp of sf ghiradelli cocoa powder, 1 egg and about 1 1/12 tbsp of coconut oil. 90 seconds in the microwave & done. I added a small serving of berries with whipped cream and supper yummy & effective. Be near the bathroom is all I have to say I swear I weighed after & I think I lost 2 lbs !!

Yes that's exactly how I feel about my birthday always a let down somehow.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! I will definitely try these.
Tomorrow's going to be a better weigh-in!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

down -.8 to 132.0 not too bad considering less sleep after daylight savings time and Monday back to work. Feel a bit better today and trying to remember all the reasons I do 5:2 such as health benefits and being able to eat more liberally at times and not stress over macros & percentages. So just going to keep on keeping on for now. Maintenance is always work even if it's mental or diet wise.

I ordered Natural Calm which I read some positive reviews. It's a powder you sprinkle in either a cold or hot drink before bed and it helps with regularity and also with sleep. It's magnesium so let's see how that works out. I get it tomorrow so I'll try it tomorrow night and will report how it works out.

Let's see if I do my pilates dvd today or not, depends how I feel but I did work out 4x last week so happy about that. Tomorrow a DD and sticking to my favorite GY and berries.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

I take magnesium every night. More for the muscle spasms I get if I don't take it, but the other benefits are great . Hope things get straightened out. You hit your decade, which sounds like good maintenance to me !
Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

up +.2 132.2 so not a big fluctuation and happy about that. Today is a DD so hope to break 130 at least or lower but no biggie since it's the first DD of the week and I have one more on Friday.

Today I get my Natural Calm with magnesium so hope to see better sleep and regularity. This whole time change has my sleep disrupted. I kept tossing and turning all night last night and really didn't sleep well at all.

I ordered 2 t-tapp workout dvds. I ordered them on Ebay so much cheaper than the website. Today I'll check out some youtube videos on the form you need to do the workouts for effectiveness. It's supposed to be targeted for ladies that have lost a lot of weight or have adrenal, joint issues & low impact. Some people really lose inches but I just would like to tone a bit more and I enjoy trying different workouts.

This week is 2 months since I re-stared 5:2 and essentially within one pound of where I started. I took a realistically look at this WOE and concluded that it's working out for me. I have stopped measuring and logging my food. I am more relaxed in eating what I want (fruit/veggies/lc treats etc) and have enjoyed several indulgences with no real consequence or set back. If I go back to very low carb then I need to re-start all those behaviors that give me stress and take enjoyment out of things and for what one pound or so ??

So going to stick with it. Focus on continued exercise and healthy eating and stay positive.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.0 to 131.2. Today a regular day and will do my treadmill today and tomorrow. Friday a DD but will likely go back to protein/veggie but 500 calories vs GY only. Finally getting a little tired of only GY + berries on DD. Sat/Sun I plan on starting my t-tapp workout & will do it for 2 weeks and see if I get results. Plan on taking measurements and see what happens.

I took the Natural Calm last night and I did sleep much better. Didin't wake up at all. As to the bathroom I already had gone earlier in the day so let's see if it helps make me regular or not. I'm noticing with all my remedies I go every 3 days vs everyday before.

If this doesn't help then I may need to re-assess my eating yet again. Seems like that's what I did last time and it always seems to go back to bathroom issues for me. Maybe shake things up by having a high fat day/low carb vs the 500 calories. I don't know but I'm hoping the Natural Calm works and I also ordered some Fiber gummies to add to my supplement routine. Keepong my fingers crossed and will see what happens.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

Give it a bit of time...you may just have some changes due to lower food volume now? The magnesium is good stuff . I like that you're giving things time and evaluating things honestly... Good way to view it!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

I put the scale away ! Yes I said it and this time I meant it and it's safely tucked under the bed to be taken out on the mornings after my DDs. And here is why...I've attached too much importance for too long of a time to the scale. The scale has way too much power over my moods and I refuse to allow myself to give this much power to an inanimate object. If I want to keep doing 5:2 the 2 weigh in's after my DDs have been exactly on point average for the last 2 months 128-130.

"but" all I focus on in my head are the other days and the fluctuations up. Today I said enough. My menu today was 2 egg omelet with small serving of guacamole, mixed bowl of berries for breakfast; lunch 7 very large prawns with lemon wedge and cocktail sauce; snack 1 lc tortilla with an 1 oz of Brie cheese; dinner was 6 oz of ground buffalo with a small haas avocado & 2 fiber crackers with hummus. Perfectly healthy and on plan meal. And all I could keep thinking and wondering was what the scale was going to say tomorrow Deep down I knew if I didn't do something now this is how I drift back to low carb since I know I get better daily numbers on the scale when I low carb. Same average but better daily weigh ins. Then back to counting calories, stressing over fruits and veggies and endless worry about macros on a phone app ??!!

I also honestly noted I weigh in 3 to 4x a day !! In the morning, after work and after my shower & sometimes more. That's 21x a week, 93x a month and to what purpose or what end ?

So I made the decision I've been scared to make for a year. The scale went under the bed after my shower today to be taken out on the morning after each of my DD. That's 2 weekly weigh ins which I think is more than enough to stay accountable and on track. I'll also take measurements every week and see how my work outs are going. If I see that lets say after an indulgence the scale is too high then I'll do my DD and eat very clean until the next DD or add a FF or whatever plan ABC I usually take. Just no more daily or multi daily weigh ins.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-12-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up and it felt so strange not to weigh in. I swear I felt immediately fatter but I told myself to get over it and did not pull out the scale. I told myself to give it one week and if after my 2 DD weigh in's the scale is off then I can always go back to my daily weigh ins. That seemed to settle me down a bit.

Yesterday did my treadmill and today may do the pilates DVD. In regards to the bathroom issues I feel the magnesium is trying to work but going to give it a little more time. I am sleeping better so there is that. Last time I went was on Tuesday and I do feel bloated and yesterday I was extremely gassy which is not fun for anyone LOL

I get my fiber gummies today and will see if that works and I'm having oatmeal this morning for breakfast which last time also helped in the bathroom department.

Friday will be a protein DD so hoping Saturday is a normal weigh in so I can keep the scale put away for most of the week. Just trying to have a more healthy outlook overall and ease away from the diet mentality train I've been on for so long. It was great when I needed to lose the weight but now that I'm firmly in maintenance it's not necessarily the healthiest or the best path to maintenance.

I'm trying to move from the "jump the gun" "easy fix" "instant results" to a more realistic manageable approach to diet and exercise. I realize as long as I'm eating on plan and healthy foods the rest are little details I do not need to stress and fret endlessly over. Which is what I was doing when not over eating or eating off plan . When I choose to indulge then yes I will weigh in, do corrections etc etc until back to my range. But when I'm eating in my time window, doing my 5:2, exercising weekly and eating all my on plan foods then why the extra stress or just wasted energy

So onward and upward sort of mentality. What I keep saying to myself it's not like I'm eating off the rails or going on vacation and going to binge. I am not changing my eating or life style habits just trying to shed some old behaviours that don't apply to maintenance.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It will be interesting to see how this goes for you.
Have a great day!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up and still fighting the urge to get on the scale but it got a bit easier. Learning to pick up my body's cues without being dependent on the scale to tell me how I should be feeling. So today is a DD and grabbed GY since I wasn't in the mood to cook and I forgot to lower my shrimp and salmon anyway. Tomorrow is my big weigh in day & I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see 128-130 and then again on Wed. morning. So just going to take it one week at a time to see if this twice weekly weigh in is working out. Always have my escape clause as the scale is right under my bed lol

As to the bathroom issues I finally went last night which made it on the 2nd day and that is an improvement "but" it was the fiber gummies that got things going along with my tons of bathroom supplements. Yesterday I did some light weights and the recumbent bike. Today no exercise but going to read up and watch some youtube videos on the T-tapp workout so I can start tomorrow. Also giving a try to the CLA/GLA combo of supplements along with 2 of my co-workers. It's a fat flusher and battles the belly bulge and since I'm doing it with my co-workers seems fun and harmless. Today I'm taking measurements and before pictures & I start tonight taking them. Will take measurements again in 2 weeks and see if I have any results. Who knows ?

Just trying to stay engaged and positive and try some new things along the way

Last edited by pandora174; 03-14-2014 at 05:01 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy T-Tapp. I guess you didn't get the instructional CD? She goes through it quite thoroughly. Teresa is a real sweet-heart. On Facebook she's always sharing great articles on health that she discovers.
I use the warm-up part every time I feel my back tweaking, it usually will stop it from going out. Great stuff.
Hope you have a great day!

Last edited by DebbyL; 03-14-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Enjoy T-Tapp. I guess you didn't get the instructional CD? She goes through it quite thoroughly. Teresa is a real sweet-heart. On Facebook she's always sharing great articles on health that she discovers.
I use the warm-up part every time I feel my back tweaking, it usually will stop it from going out. Great stuff.
Hope you have a great day!
I got 2 dvd's but I haven't opened them yet. I guess I should
Old 03-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

129.4 which is down -.2 from last Saturday's weigh in. So far so good on the first test of this new experiment of mine ! I took out the scale this morning and weighed 2x to make sure. Logged the weight in my phone app and then put the scale away to be taken out on Wednesday. Noticed that most of my stress over eating was directly tied in to my daily fluctuations. Now since out of sight, out of mind kinda of thing and all I have to compare are the prior week's weigh ins.

This is will be a week by week experiment and if the scale gets wacky then I'll go back to additional weigh ins as needed.

Busy morning since I had my bi-weekly mani/pedi and then ran for some groceries. Treated hubby & myself to some sirloins/thin rib eyes & lobster tails & some diced pineapple for me Was looking for some quinoa but could't find any at Publix. I mean I found this pre-mixed one in a box but I wanted just simple, plain, organic quinoa. May have to do some more shopping around.

I also microwaved my Quest bar and omg it is amazing ! Like a chewy big cookie, crispy on the outside Will definitely keep these stocked as a treat. So far they all taste good to me so I'll be stocking up on the variety box when I run low.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-15-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 03-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's super! So happy for you that your experiment is going well.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up and didn't even think about the scale so that is definite progress Last night I woke up a bit thirsty and actually drank some water. Why is this progress ?? Because before I would not drink anything once I went to bed because I was convinced the scale would go up Now I see so many wonky behaviors that were tied to the damn scale !

I found quinoa on Amazon so I ordered some organic Bob Mill's quinoa. Now to look up some recipes. I can actually break out the rice cooker again. Yesterday did my pilates dvd instead of the t-tapp. Today I will definitely try out the t-tapp work out but forgot to measure. Oh well not in the mood really.

Started taking CLA/GLA combo of supplements since Friday. Let's see if I or my co-workers see any difference in belly fat though it does help in the bathroom department.

Next weekend will be celebrating my birthday with the family. My actual b-day is Monday the 24th & I have the day off from work. Will start off the celebrations with a trip to the day spa for a 50 minute massage & facial (got a groupon after 20 % code for $55). Told hubby I want : 1) to have a lunch by the water on Saturday ;2) Sunday go to a park and there is this beautiful park that has gardens and art work nearby; 3) I want to go to a farmer's market and have a coconut where they get a machete & cut the top off and give you a straw to drink !!; 4) for my actual b-day we can go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Don't really care about a present a card and flowers is fine. I want to make this b-day to be about time with the family and relaxing. I honestly can say I have more than enough stuff

Last edited by pandora174; 03-16-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
I too get obsessed with the scale. It's driving me crazy, so I have decided not to get it out but once a week on my 'official' weigh in day.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprcheetah View Post
I too get obsessed with the scale. It's driving me crazy, so I have decided not to get it out but once a week on my 'official' weigh in day.
Honestly I think it was one of the better decisions I've made in a long while. I'm still eating healthy & on plan but I'm no longer obsessing.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up and didn't even think about the scale Today is a regular day and will see if I'm up to exercising since ususally I skip Mondays and Tuesdays. But last week I got in my 4x a week so keeping to my routine and that is a good thing. Tomorrow is a DD. THe weird thing all I want to eat on DDs are GY and strawberries. I don't want anything else and I've had the same meal for about 3 weeks now. I've just been bad about doing the t-tapp workout and I don't know why I keep procrastinating about it. Everytime I take out the DVD I end up not doing it and doing something else.

Made a yummy chicken casserole that smelled amazing this morning. I out in 5chicken breasts, 1 cream cheese, handful of mushrooms, a cup of shredded coleslaw and lots of dry spices and mojo and left it overnight in the crockpot and boy did it smell delicious. Also I took 2 salmon filets and about a cup of shrimp, made some zucchini noodles and added some lc pasta sauce and about half a cup of shredded parmesan. So I have 2 meals for this week ready to go. I even still have some left overs from last week.

Now to get over the Monday blues

Last edited by pandora174; 03-17-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!

Scale free and loving it? WTG!! I'm really happy to read this and look forward to your long term success with it! and the meal prep for a Monday is great!!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Really getting used to the scale being a non issue and I feel more in tune with my body. Yesterday I didn't need a scale to tell me I was way bloated since tom is next week & I needed to go. About every 2 days is the most I can stand not being regular. So I took my supplements and remedies and once that issue was resolved I just felt my stomach deflate

Today is a DD and tomorrow will be my 2nd weigh in since this whole scale experiment started and as long as I'm between 128-130 then it's fine. SO far unless something gets completely out of whack I am going to call this "experiment" a permanent change and just keep doing what I'm doing. I think eveything else is staying in place and I'm pretty happy with the 5:2, eating in a window, current exercise routine and eating on plan 90 % of the time with an occasional indulgence. I don't think that incorporating as part of my daily menu things like desserts, chips, rice, bread, processed foods or sugars/starches are healthy or conducive for maintenance. So I will keep on eating "my" foods and know that once in a while I can indulge as long as it's in moderation and it will be ok.