Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That's great that you can be so flexible in your plan. Hope you had a blast.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
+.2 to 131.8. I think today I'l finally get tom because last night was brutal with the cramps. Slept in and I mean way late since I slept poorly. Had a bowl of mixed berries with 10 % GY and 2 % cottage cheese with coffee around noon. Heading out to the fair around 3 pm today and I'll have dinner at the fair.

Tomorrow a DD and back to my regular routine with regular eating. Just not sure what I'll eat tomorrow for my DD. Will probably grab my 0% GY since that is just so easy and we'll probably be home late tonight.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 133.2 but tom finally came so way up but oh well..I also had a fairly indulgent weekend with carbs & sugar. Today doing a DD and will see what the scale says tomorrow though with tom who knows. Will keep it very clean and re-asses if needed until I'm back in my comfy range of 128-130. Would like to change up my DD to Tuesdays and Fridays since I get a better weigh in on Saturday mornings.

Oh well back to my regular routine now which is welcome after this very hectic weekend.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh! I forgot how much TOM bloats... that's quite a difference between your high today & your lows. Must be uncomfortable.
I'm with you on getting back into normal routine last week was so hectic. Looking forward to a 'normal' pace this week!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #515
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
How's Monday treating you? Hope your dd was painless but effective! keep fighting the good fight.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

down -3.4 to 129.8 so a successful DD. Today back to regular on plan meals and will do my treadmill for 20-30 minutes. I was in a cooking mood yesterday. I made some dinners/lunches for the upcoming week. One meal was a skillet full of chicken livers. I then threw in my crock pot half a cream cheese, 3 chicken breasts & half a bag of shrimp + tons of dry spices and it came out looking super yummy

Will change my 2nd DD to this Friday but not sure if I will do a "moderate" day on Thursday to transition or a protein day only since I don't want 4 UD's of eating before I do a DD. It's really no big deal and more of a mental thing but I just don't like to see the scale go up for 4 days in a row.

5:2 isn't for everyone particularly daily weigher's like me. It would be very easy to get discouraged. I have noticed my fluctuations are greater on 5:2 but I do see a decent low number after my DDs. When I ate on my own which was fairly low carb I would see a fluctuation up and then back down all by itself. This can be a bit more rewarding when you're eating on plan - all the time.

The problem for me was those times when I ate off plan it took me much longer to recover. Also I was keeping track like crazy so at the end of the day the stress was not worth it for me. Now I don't keep track of calories or percentages. I eat to hunger and try to use my own intuition. I am not scared to indulge or try new things and know it will be alright. Also getting back on track somehow is much easier. So as long as I can see my happy range pop up after my DD 128-130 I am a happy girl for now

Last edited by pandora174; 02-25-2014 at 05:41 AM..
Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 to 130.6 which is pretty good since I still have tom and I exercised yesterday. Today same thing - food wise and I'll do 30 min on the treadmill and then 5 minutes of this video I saw Dr Oz do. It's called the 5 minute Metabolism Boosting workout (google it) basically getting your heartbeat up and you do several exercises for only 5 minutes. Will probably incorporate it into my exercise routine. Sounds like fun

Still want to change my DD to Friday just not sure about how to eat tomorrow. Let's see how I feel by tonight. So far leaning toward a more moderate calorie day like 1000 w/low carb vs a FF day since Friday will be a DD. Decisions decisions though now that I think about it Brie cheese & Mac Nuts also do sound very yummy
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

+1.8 to 132.4 but it's a wacky weigh in. Everyday I weigh in first thing when I wake up after the bathroom, no clothes. During the day I will go up anywhere from 2 or 3 lbs or even more depending on what I eat etc etc. I always do a weigh in after I take a shower before bed and it gives me about 97 % of the time an idea how the scale will be the next day (I am usually 2 lbs over). Last night I was 132.4 so today I should of been 130.4 but nope, stupid scale annoying me first thing in the morning LOL

Now I know that I did try my new 5 minute metabolism boost exercise in addition to my treadmill and it was pretty intense. So really no biggie and I do feel more energetic overall so I will keep that extra 5 minutes in my regular exercise routine.

Today should of been a DD but since I am moving it to Fridays I decided to do a FF day instead so I don't go into my DD having to lose a lot more. Do doing about 1200-1250 in calories with 87 % fat comprised of Brie cheese and Mac Nuts. So while not low calorie hopefully it will let me transition and not gain until I have my regular DD tomorrow. If I drop a few ounces I won't complain either

Let's see how I feel since I was planning tonight if I exercise or give myself a break since I've been at it for 2 days in a row. Otherwise my next exercise days will be Saturday & Sunday which would put me at 4x this week (not bad at all) !

Last edited by pandora174; 02-27-2014 at 05:43 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.0 to 131.4 after my FF day which wasn't by the book at all. I really wanted just not to gain since I was changing my DD. So I ended up around 1300 calories and 87 % fat. So any loss is a nice surprise. Today doing my regular DD and tom is finally gone. Get to leave early from work and will go cut & color my hair. Tomorrow is mani/pedi time and back to regular eating and my exercise routine. Sunday I need to do some work stuff from home (accreditation for my adjuster's license) and then just relaxing and watching the Oscars.

Sometimes when I do very low carb or I see the scale go down like today after eating 1300 calories I get so tempted to do lc again or the M&E. I have to stop myself because seeing a lower number leads me to wanting to just get a little lower and a little more. It's very easy to get back in the "losing" mentality or "what if". I have to really stop myself because then I go back into chasing a number on the scale mode and I stop doing all the things that are healthy or good for me like exercise, adding back in good fruits & veggies & fiber.

I also need to stop reading so much the HCG P2 or even P3 threads because it triggers the little voice in my head that always wants to get back down to 120. I actually started journaling on this thread because of that exact reason. I love my HCG girls don't get me wrong. But just reading about the HCG quick losses or vanity rounds triggers something in my head that I know I will regret later on if I do.

Breath in Breath out
Old 02-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
You look to be a great weight now. I can't think that 120 would be a good or sustainable weight for you. You are maintaining and that is the important thing.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
You look to be a great weight now. I can't think that 120 would be a good or sustainable weight for you. You are maintaining and that is the important thing.
Thanks...after my last vanity round I got to 122 & then last May after a 3 day FF I got down to 121.6 but it wasn't sustainable. I "have" accepted that but it's always that little doubt in the back of my head that always wants to be a bit lower. That little voice comes around every so often. I think this time it's come around because my 45th b-day is coming up and it'll also be a year since that vanity HCG round in March.

Just another of those things that I've been working on since I got to goal..
Old 03-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

down -2.8 to 128.6 so a really successful DD. Today woke up and had a Quest bar (white chocolate & raspberry) and coffee and went out to do errands & get my mani/pedi. I stocked up on a variety pack of Quest bars because what I was doing before on the days when I had no time for breakfast was skipping all food until I came back. Don't think that is such a healthy thing so at least I have something fast & yummy that feels like a treat.

Today going to check out my Amazon prime for a Zumba dvd and let's see how that goes. If I like it then I'll do it today & tomorrow. Other than that relaxing a bit with hubby watching a Vietnam war documentary.

My birthday is in about 3 weeks 3/24 and it's my 45th and also the 1 year anniversary of "any" HCG and the one that I got down to 122. Which I realize is probably why that silly little voice in my head has been bugging me lately to get a little lower.

Sometimes maintenance is not just about food and the scale but a mental battle as well. One thing at a time and I can say I am proud of lots of things I've accomplished this last year like : not hyper focusing/obsessing on macros and food apps since I don't count anymore & that I am not scared of food anymore (I bought 2 bananas ) or being scared of exercising (4 to 5x a week now) or have to be super low carb/zero carb or never having any indulgence. So I try to see how far I've come mentally in maintenance this past almost year & half and give myself a pat on the back because while I am developing some healthier patterns I haven't gained the weight back like I was so scared of. But it's always work in some shape or form. I'm ok with that since the alternative of giving up or gaining back the weight is not an option.

Someone asked me the other day how I stayed such a "skinny mini" as he put it and my answer just came out without me thinking "because gaining the weight back is just not an option for me". I really 100 % believe that. Maybe why I am bit OCD or actually a lot OCD about my diet, exercise etc. Even when I decide to indulge I find myself planning it like a military strategy (cut here and there) and still weigh in and then have a back up plan or 2 until things get back on track.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-01-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
ok. I think that little bit of ocd is what a person needs to keep themselves in line.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:28 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
ok. I think that little bit of ocd is what a person needs to keep themselves in line.
Teeheehee. I agree about the need for a little OCD. And I also agree that you look beautiful at your current weight. Perhaps going lower would give an unhealthy, almost skeletal appearance and venture too near the territory of anorexia.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

+.8 129.4 which is not bad after exercise and a DD. Today eating on plan and will do my exercise dvd from yesterday. It's a Denise Austin aerobic dvd and it was pretty good not overly intense but very manageable. I felt like I worked out but not like the Jillian Michael dvds that totally kill me the next day.

Feel better today about things in general and happy with how things are going. I know that 120 is too low for me that I look too thin and not healthy.

Today I ate a banana..it was so good another step in my letting go of some of the phobias or fears I've been holding onto. Yesterday after I exercised and had my detox bath I was craving a little something sweet so I treated myself to 2 pieces of these banana pieces in dark chocolate from Trader Joes.

I realized after the weight loss I had all these fears or phobias that if I did xyz then I would gain the weight back. It was definitely taking away from my enjoyment of life. So little by little I'm letting go of some of the behaviors that weren't healthy but keeping the ones that keep me on the track.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 130.8 but normal for a Monday weigh in for me. Today regular on plan food and will do my exercise DVD since yesterday I did the recumbent bike instead. Tomorrow is a DD and no exercise. I think changing every workout is going well for me since I an avoiding boredom and getting too used to a set routine. I like trying out different DVDs as well. There's a ballet one that I may try after I'm done with this one today.

Also not stressing so much about getting in 5-6x a week is better for me. This past week I got in 4x which I think is a very respectable number and lets me do what I need to do at home. I am trying to relax some of my past behaviors that were too OCD even for me. Keep the ones that keep me on track but get rid of the ones that are not healthy or cause me too much stress.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Also not stressing so much about getting in 5-6x a week is better for me. This past week I got in 4x which I think is a very respectable number and lets me do what I need to do at home. I am trying to relax some of my past behaviors that were too OCD even for me. Keep the ones that keep me on track but get rid of the ones that are not healthy or cause me too much stress.
You're doing so well. One challenge to the next. Glad you can take those things on.
I'm still working on regularity... discovered quite a few seasonings that have benefits for that & am working on that...
Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

+.08 131.6 so not a big fluctuation after my banana Today doing a DD and tomorrow will be back on plan and back to exercise. I really wasn't in the mood yesterday. So I keep at it Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun that's 4x this week and pretty darn good. Feeling better about things in general and just keeping on keeping which is a good place to be.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
You're doing so well. One challenge to the next. Glad you can take those things on.
I'm still working on regularity... discovered quite a few seasonings that have benefits for that & am working on that...
Well that is still an issue so now I just try to vary things which is why I had a banana twice this week and while it's not too bad it's definitely something that remains a problem. It seems my system gets used to whatever I'm doing and then I get constipated until I try something new. Very frustrating. I've tried Cumin, flax, fiber, berries, spinach etc and works for a bit but then stops or doesn't work at all. What other spices are you using ?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mine does the same. Berries are on the list, but I never seem to fit them in.
Mustard, turmeric, fresh ginger, garlic, aloe vera, apple cider, prunes, water, wasbi horseradish
I find bananas do the opposite. I've been eating an apple every day, but should trade it for berries... I'm not a berry person... Adding seeds, etc. too.
But all this & I'm having issues again. I did run out of oat bran... thinking psillium might help...But schedule changes seem to effect me more than anything.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mine does the same. Berries are on the list, but I never seem to fit them in.
Mustard, turmeric, fresh ginger, garlic, aloe vera, apple cider, prunes, water, wasbi horseradish
I find bananas do the opposite. I've been eating an apple every day, but should trade it for berries... I'm not a berry person... Adding seeds, etc. too.
But all this & I'm having issues again. I did run out of oat bran... thinking psillium might help...But schedule changes seem to effect me more than anything.
I found some prune supplements and I've also been doing the psillium husks but even that stopped working recently. Seems like I need to rotate all my remedies about every 2 days & take some type of mixed concoction to get things going. Very frustrating but I'm getting used to it...
Old 03-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you have thyroid issues too? I'm just thinking its mostly the thyroid that causes mine. But on the other hand, it seems to run in our family. Drinking water is something that I haven't been as good at, which I'm trying to get back to... also celery & ginger... I'd like to get away from taking so many magnesium caps... & quit the tea completely. But taking Metamucil seems like something you have to become 'tied - to" also.
My carbs have gone over 120 now, and its working better for the wt. that was creeping on... so hopefully it will do the regulating too.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do you have thyroid issues too? I'm just thinking its mostly the thyroid that causes mine. But on the other hand, it seems to run in our family. Drinking water is something that I haven't been as good at, which I'm trying to get back to... also celery & ginger... I'd like to get away from taking so many magnesium caps... & quit the tea completely. But taking Metamucil seems like something you have to become 'tied - to" also.
My carbs have gone over 120 now, and its working better for the wt. that was creeping on... so hopefully it will do the regulating too.
My thyroid always check out fine. But I had a bowel resection when I had my son 11 years ago and then I was so heavy and eating so poorly it was the opposite of constipation. I would eat and go all the time and I mean all the time that one time I became anemic. I then was diagnosed with mild IBS. When I started eating healthy and losing weight is when the constipation started
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That makes sense. My sisters have IBS. Lots of things effect it I guess.
The resection is fairly serious... Do you worry about the scar tissue? Have to go for scans regularly? I went for one once, because I was worried about pain that I'd experience... everything was fine.... don't want to go through that again.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That makes sense. My sisters have IBS. Lots of things effect it I guess.
The resection is fairly serious... Do you worry about the scar tissue? Have to go for scans regularly? I went for one once, because I was worried about pain that I'd experience... everything was fine.... don't want to go through that again.
Not really..since it's been so long my dr never really brings it up. I really have no pain or anything.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.4 to 130.2 and I'll take it. Today normal eating though I am in a different office for the day so hard to get in my water but I'll do my best. Today when I get home plan on either doing my exercise DVD or the treadmill but want to get in a workout today and tomorrow. Friday is a DD. Thankfully I'm mentally more on plan than I was a few days ago. Now just waiting to see if I got in this leadership program at work which I find out next week. This weekend want to take DS to see a movie and maybe we'll eat out. I do need to do my online certification training that I've been postponing.

Lots and lots of work stress right now so that is a big factor for me at this moment and I am trying to get through one day at a time.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #537
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, you are amazing!! I'm still not at a place where I want to maintain. Hopefully after a round of hcg in late March early April I will be ready to begin. I can see from watching you that I will have to be vigilant but that it's not impossible to do! Thanks for keeping us aboard your maintenance journey.
slimstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Hi, Pandora. I was interested in the discussion re: constipation as I experience it as well. I've been using all the spices you mention, Debby, and take magnesium every evening but still have problems. I've tried to take a more relaxed attitude about it and remind myself that eating less naturally produces less waste. I don't get really concerned unless I go three days without. I seem to be on an every other day schedule mostly. I trust that's not unhealthy.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Hi, Pandora. I was interested in the discussion re: constipation as I experience it as well. I've been using all the spices you mention, Debby, and take magnesium every evening but still have problems. I've tried to take a more relaxed attitude about it and remind myself that eating less naturally produces less waste. I don't get really concerned unless I go three days without. I seem to be on an every other day schedule mostly. I trust that's not unhealthy.
Sometimes I wonder that myself because it seems everything you read is if you aren't going every day it's an issue. Before dieting I would go every day and more than once a day. But now I am noticing it's an every other day with all my remedies and potions as I call them to keep things moving along. Maybe that's not a bad thing after all

Now for me 2 days is the max after that I start to feel uncomfortable, get bloated & gassy So then I know I need to do something. Honestly when all else fails and I mean all else I resort to my teas. I hate using them but I hate feeling the previous symtoms more. Thankfully within the last month I've only had to resort 1x to the tea.

What I can't figure out is why when I change my WOE I go regular without any supplements or remedies ex - low carb vs adding carbs. Then boom my system gets used to it and then I get constipated.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I take 150 mg of Magnesium Citrate 3 X a day now. And I end up 3 days off & 3 days on... very frustrating & painful. It wasn't this bad until I went primal & stopped all grains. Back to some grains & lots of fiber. I'm hoping the changes I've made will correct the situation soon.