Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Your new avatar photo is wonderful. You look so lovely (and so slender too)!
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-132/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2 w/IF
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Your new avatar photo is wonderful. You look so lovely (and so slender too)!
you're always so sweet..thank you !
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

up +.8 to 131. Got in my treadmill time yesterday 35 minutes & feel so much better today. I have been a bit of a slacker lately so that explains my lack of energy. Particularly how I woke up today feeling great and the only difference was the treadmill time yesterday.

Had a busy morning, woke up and had some fiber crackers with hummus and headed out to my bi-weekly mani/pedi and got my nails done red for Valentine's Day ! Then hit Kohls since I had a 20 % coupon and they have a great sale going on and I lost my mind in there $283 later I came out with a new work wardrobe : gray work dress, 2 sweater wraps (gray/black), a pair of gray pants, a black skirt, a gray skirt, a cream blouse, a black sleeveless shell, a pair of black leather pointy toe pumps, 2 rings, a Minecraft t-shirt for DS, a Call of Duty t-shirt for DH, 4 microwaveble medium sized bowls and set of 3 mini covered bakers (which I got 60 % on clearance) ! Best part I earned $50 Kohls cash which I'll use next week for some new sneakers for DS. I feel so girly today it feels great..

What's so funny is I was just looking for a business outfit since next week I have a settlement conference with attorneys and I don't want to wear my black suit. I got there and couldn't stop but did get some great pieces that I can use when a more professional look is required.

Now for some NSV which makes me love my 5:2 WOE even more is that while today I woke up 131 every single thing I bought yesterday and today was a size 4 or x-small !! This has me thinking that while on very low carb I just was seeing lower numbers due to water weight loss not real fat loss. The only difference now is I eat extremely reasonable but not counting calories or carbs. If I do choose to have a bite here or there it is not on a daily basis nor big portions. But I feel "more normal" if that's a good choice of words for it. I am eating to hunger and making good choices but not stressing about keeping track. I figure I've been eating this way for almost a year & half by now so I have to trust myself.

That's it for now !! Went to the bakery to get hubby his favorite pastries and they had a pork shoulder ready to go with the crispy skin and all Well let's just say I ate almost all the crispy skin for lunch and hope my stomach can handle it. But it was so yummy I couldn't resist lol

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 02-08-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 02-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 131.4, slept in a bit but woke up with a slight upset stomach. Maybe too much fat yesterday from all the pork skin. Had a regular breakfast of bacon and eggs and headed out to BJ's to stock up on groceries. Going to keep it light today and continue to eat to hunger.

I finally made some cheese crisps with shredded parmesan cheese and they are delicious Bought some spinach dip made with GY 50 calories for 2 tbsp and 2 carbs and very yummy. Going to be a new staple for me to use as a cracker substitute.

A relaxing day and just watching movies at home since no one wants to go out again. Need to review with DS for some upcoming tests this week and then maybe a nap on the couch sounds like a plan. Later tonight plan on hitting the treadmill and that will be 4x this week

I was reading a bit on another thread regarding intuitive eating. Basically how a thin person eats and overcoming our fear of food or obsession with it. I am trying for the next few weeks just eat to hunger but not stress over macros/percentages/carbs vs protein/calories, etc. Just eat good whole foods and make smart choices. If I do decide to indulge I " know" I need to keep it light the rest of the day and if I do have a say a piece of cake well then skip my snack that day. If I have a heavy lunch then go easy at dinner and have something lighter etc. I know what to do and I have to trust myself more. I think I am finally getting there. Now to keep at it and not backtrack.

Looking forward to Valentine's Day this Friday. I have DH and DS gifts ready and today I made the treat bags for DS classmates. We probably will go to our local Mexican restaurant and I will have a glass or 2 of white wine, salsa with a few chips but skip the beans/rice. They make some yummy stuffed chilis that are to die for. Let's see what hubby comes up with. I took pity and took some pictures of perfumes I like. Poor thing is not generally the most romantic guy or the best gift giver. As long as he tries though

Last edited by pandora174; 02-09-2014 at 11:01 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

+1.4 132.8 but today is a DD so no stress. I know I ate on plan but I have been exercising 4x this past week and I have increased the intensity so it's to be expected. I'm sore today still. I also know I didn't go to the bathroom yesterday so there's that as well. I almost didn't weigh myself today but then gave in and got on the scale. I'm thinking once I am more comfortable in these changes I've made I will weigh in 2x a week after my DD only.

I have been very happy lately about eating to hunger, eating my foods and not stressing about macros and percentages. I also have kicked up my exercise routine a bit.

What I am going to try is dry brushing. Not happy with the skin on my butt and thighs and I was reading some positive things. I ordered a brush through Amazon and should get it tomorrow. Also ordered some mustard seed bath salts that are supposed to be really good for detox baths. Still doing my epsom salts but I do like to experiment and try new things.

Need to do more reading on the proper way to do the brushing.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #486
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, You've done an amazing job! Not only losing the weight but also in all the positive steps you've taken to become a healthier happier person. You may not realize it but you are a role model for many of us. I have struggled with weight all my life but I have hope that I can get to the place where you are. Thanks for journaling I know its not easy when you have a busy life buts it's like therapy to those of us who have a ways to go before we reach maintainence. I don't know if this makes sense but I want you to succeed so I can succeed!
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #487
Senior LCF Member

I totally agree with slimstuff. I also admire your continuing dedication to improving your health, maintaining a healthy weight through eating a variety of healthy foods, and your willingness to shake things up by trying different approaches now and then. You inspire me too.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #488
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You look great, and sound healthy and balanced. WTG!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I totally agree with slimstuff. I also admire your continuing dedication to improving your health, maintaining a healthy weight through eating a variety of healthy foods, and your willingness to shake things up by trying different approaches now and then. You inspire me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
Pandora, You've done an amazing job! Not only losing the weight but also in all the positive steps you've taken to become a healthier happier person. You may not realize it but you are a role model for many of us. I have struggled with weight all my life but I have hope that I can get to the place where you are. Thanks for journaling I know its not easy when you have a busy life buts it's like therapy to those of us who have a ways to go before we reach maintainence. I don't know if this makes sense but I want you to succeed so I can succeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
You look great, and sound healthy and balanced. WTG!!

Thank you ladies ! The support I get on this board and from all the wonderful ladies like yourselves make this whole process so much easier I know I can come on here and post and always will get a helpful supportive reply.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I'm another that follows you and thinks you are doing great.

I'm curious about the dry brushing.
sherrymyra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

down -.8 to 132 after my DD. I think tom might be coming a bit sooner than next week because I feel yucky and last night cramps woke me up. Which also can explain why I am still constipated. I have a tea I can take but I really don't want to go that route unless I have no choice. We'll see how today goes.

Yesterday I exercised on my first DD I kept it light and just did my recumbent bike for 30 minutes. I felt fine energy wise and decided to give it a try and it surprisingly worked out well. I think I will incorporate back the bike which is less strenous than the treadmill. Maybe alternate the 2 types of exercise. I also have been wanting to do a yoga class or in my case DVD. Need to check that out this weekend. I have the mat so I just need to find a routine to try. My goal is 4 to 5x a week of any type of exercise with a minimum of 30 minutes.

Today have a home & school meeting so it will be a hectic day when I get off of work. This weekend getting my application ready for this Accelerated Leadership Developement program at work. If I do get chosen it will involve monthly travel to Orlando and Tampa from April through October. Lord I haven't been on an airplane in 13 years Definetely outside my comfort zone !
Old 02-11-2014, 06:54 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good going on the bicycle. Those are great for lighter exercise, do the job.
Flying sounds fun!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

up +.8 to 132.8 which is were I was on Monday. Still constipated so unless something happens today I will take out the tea since it's been 4 days and that's way too long and I'm getting uncomfortable. Today I do my treadmill so hope that gets things going. I was hoping the crackers and veggies/berries from yesterday would do the trick but nope.

Oh well tomorrow is a DD and craving GY with lots of berries so probably will have that for breakfast and lunch and protein for dinner. Then planning on eating a very light breakfast & lunch so I can enjoy a nice dinner for Valentine's Day. Hopefully the scale starts to see my old friends 128-129-130 after I get things going in the bathroom department and tom decides if it's coming or not.

I am just keeping an eye on the number after my 2nd DD and I know from experience when it starts to creep up (unless tom - the only excpetion) I can't be complacent. It's not tweaking or getting restless but part of my maintenance. While I want to not be obssesive I also need to be realistic. Before I do know I would jump the gun too soon or I just wanted to get lower than 128 and would tweak too soon. But I know if I see my top number too often and it starts to creep higher than it has the last few months then that it's time for action of some kind.

My acceptable range for the last year & 2 months has been 128-132 so don't want to be complacent and then it becomes 132-135 etc etc. So I'll give myself a few days and then decide on Saturday morning I will decide if I want to do an extra DD next week for 4:3 for the next 2 weeks and see if it stops that creep or just get it over with and do 2 FF days We'll see but at least I like that I have options and not stressed at all. It just is what it is and part of maintenance. Before I would equate any weight gain with a personal failure. I have moved on from those feelings and realize I can be doing everything right or even some mistakes and it's not a reflection on me as a person. We tend to be too hard on ourselves and I know I can be my own worst critic. So now I am happy I can just re-group, think things through and move on with no hard feelings or feelings of failure. It's hard work maintenance but it's worth it..

Last edited by pandora174; 02-12-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

I also tend to equate any weight gain with 'personal failure' and think it is a tremendous achievement that, while you carefully monitor your weight and make dietary corrections when necessary, you've been able to move beyond the 'personal failure' assessment. I wish I could do that...I'm often so caught up in the 'personal failure' worldview that I find myself thinking that even about a rise in my blood pressure. I realize that sounds nutty but if my blood pressure registers higher than it should I actually feel a sense of guilt for some reason. I am trying to be more like you and develop a more realistic approach to these body issues and I'm especially trying to remember that sometimes some things are beyond our control.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I also tend to equate any weight gain with 'personal failure' and think it is a tremendous achievement that, while you carefully monitor your weight and make dietary corrections when necessary, you've been able to move beyond the 'personal failure' assessment. I wish I could do that...I'm often so caught up in the 'personal failure' worldview that I find myself thinking that even about a rise in my blood pressure. I realize that sounds nutty but if my blood pressure registers higher than it should I actually feel a sense of guilt for some reason. I am trying to be more like you and develop a more realistic approach to these body issues and I'm especially trying to remember that sometimes some things are beyond our control.
It was hard because I would think like that and those are very negative self damaging thoughts. We are more than any number if on a scale or a blood pressure cuff. While I love HCG and that I was able to lose the bulk of my weight it also made me very number dependent and very focused on restricting foods. Also I feel it burned into my head that any weight fluctuations = something I did "bad" like eat too much cheese or add blueberries or too much of xyz kwim ?

I was so hard on myself for a very long time. I remember the first 6 months after my last round I did weekly correction days if I got over the 2lbs until I burned myself out and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong. Mind you this was 6 months of never once eating off plan !! So I gave myself that window of 4 lbs which is more realistic but still restrictive to most people.

Also the daily weigh ins I can check back at November or December and see "yup been there" and see how eating the same way the numbers go up and down. I see how tom or beng constipated, or stressed, or sick, lack of sleep, new exercise etc can all affect the scale. But sometimes the scale gods align and you have a perfect week ! Sometimes there is a new low number even but most often there is no rhyme or reason. We are all different and for some fluctuations are more pronounced and it's not our fault or are we bad people.

Still sucks though and I will admit I like getting on the scale and seeing a lower number. I am vain enough to admit that But I stopped beating myself up, it doesn't solve anything and it's wasted energy. I now take a wait and see attitude and know "I got this" and if it bothers me enough then I take care of it.

You'll get there, in your time It's a very personal journey this whole weight loss /maintenance thing. For me the key is never to stop trying.

Last edited by pandora174; 02-12-2014 at 09:11 AM..
Old 02-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 133.0..today is a DD so let's see what the scale says tomorrow. I finally did go to the bathroom so no need for tea I also did 45 minutes on my recumbent bike and some light weights.

I know yesterday I ate on plan and while I didn't over eat I am pretty sure the fiber crackers are keeping me fuller and not eating as many calories as before. But then again I am eating to hunger and not overdoing it on the fruits or good carbs at all. Not sure what to do yet or if anything. I've been weighing my options and here are my thoughts on it :

* I have kicked up my exercise routine - usually takes 2 or 3 weeks for my body to settle down after any new routine
* tom is any day now
* had some constipation issues which seem to finally have resolved on it's own
* it can't be the fruits/veggies because I've been eating this way for over a month and only the last 2 weeks have I seen a spike upward
* I have been very conservative with my choice of fruits (berries mostly), veggies are usually P2/P3 type and very minimal lc treats (an occasional lc tortilla) and the fiber crackers are 2 and only 50 calories
* last time I did the 5:2 I did start to see an upward trend and stopped but that took 2 months and then I got frustrated. "but" I wanted to lose weight back then and I was just maintaining so hmmm
* I just would hate to do a FF for 2 days and then get tom and it was for nothing kwim

So that being said I am in a holding pattern right now. I think it's really a combo of the extra exercise and just retaining water from tom that is coming. My clothes fit the same but I don't like seeing an upward trend beyond my 4lb range. While I want to be realistic I don't want to get complacent either. Today doing a DD and let's see what the scale says tomorrow morning. Then on Saturday/Sunday may just eat low carb or Meat and Eggs and Monday do a DD. If by Tuesday after 2 DD I don't see "some" progress will add a DD on Wed and make it a 4/3 week. Then wait for tom to come and go and if the scale is still my foe then do a quick 2 day FF and get back into my happy range.

So I feel better that I decided what to do. Will keep the exervise routine as planned since I want my body to adjust. Now looking forward to tomorrow and Valentine's Day. May skip the alcohol though and allow for one or 2 pieces of Godiva chocolate instead (better choice I think ). Will eat very low carb for breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy dinner with the hubby and son.

Last edited by pandora174; 02-13-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Old 02-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very interesting... I am watching to see what you figure out. My wt. seems to be doing something similar... a few lbs around the middle, which make me sad... not enough to really panic about, but weird. I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday & he mentioned the body going into starvation mode from calories as low as what we're eating... makes me think maybe I need to rethink what I'm doing. I eat 1100-1400 calories. I've been eating a lot more carbs (added prunes, apple, oatmeal & oat bran to help the system). I also read a scarey thing...that the laxative teas are addiction, just like regular laxatives. So, have really determined to fix things with foods. Its kind of hard to add carbs & fat & nuts... I may need cut back on so many veggies to make room for those things. Anyway, it would seem that same old-same old is not the way to go.
Hope you have your answer soon.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:29 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Very interesting... I am watching to see what you figure out. My wt. seems to be doing something similar... a few lbs around the middle, which make me sad... not enough to really panic about, but weird. I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday & he mentioned the body going into starvation mode from calories as low as what we're eating... makes me think maybe I need to rethink what I'm doing. I eat 1100-1400 calories. I've been eating a lot more carbs (added prunes, apple, oatmeal & oat bran to help the system). I also read a scarey thing...that the laxative teas are addiction, just like regular laxatives. So, have really determined to fix things with foods. Its kind of hard to add carbs & fat & nuts... I may need cut back on so many veggies to make room for those things. Anyway, it would seem that same old-same old is not the way to go.
Hope you have your answer soon.
That was my concern with the teas because I noticed if I skipped a day I wouldn't go and they were having less and less of an effect. Then I was having to steep it longer to work. So that being said now thankfully if I keep in my daily fiber crackers, berries, greens with some dairy I seem to go. Sometimes lke this week things may happen but it seems so far to keep things going "naturally". I rather add in more flax or more ruffage or even coconut oil than a laxative tea ever again.

I hear you on the calories. I do think that I have been too low lately and that happens to me when I substitute extra fats and protein for fruits and veggies. I just eat less calories and I mean 200 to 300 calories less a day. That I know is not good particularly when you add in exercise and 5:2 diet which I am already at a calorie deficit.

I was thinking of alternating calorie days. I have done that before like a regular eating day with my fruits and veggies followed by a higher calorie/ high fats/protein day/ but lower carb day. We'll see... Still thinking things through though. For me low carb high fat was super easy to pile on the calories but then in the long run it wasn't the best for my digestive system or if I wanted to eat off plan. I also think deep down that any WOE that restricts one food group to much in the long run is not sustainable nor healthy, just my opinion though.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Well drum roll please down -4.4 lbs to 128.6 after my DD comprised of GY with berries..Can we say inflammation or water weight ? I also have been going without the need of a tea normally again for the last 2 days so there is that as well Back in my happy range so I love my nemesis the scale today

Well glad I let things work themselves out but still happy I had my plan in my back pocket. No changes for now but will keep an eye on the scale and on my calories. I do feel I am too low and may consider some alternating days with higher calorie/fat but lower carb to balance things out more. But for the rest of this week just going to see what happens and then next week I'll re-assess as needed.

We were going to go out for Mexican tonight but hubby decided steak sounded better. So we're going to our favorite Nicaraguan steak house that makes a yummy churrasco steak which I have with a lobster tail and ceviche as an appetizer. So not really off plan eating but it's definitetly very decadent and not low calorie at all with all the butter on the lobster and oil in the chimmichurri sauce for the steak + the steak itself I also hope hubby got me some Godiva chocolate so I can indulge in 1 or 2 of them tonight..

Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day !!

Last edited by pandora174; 02-14-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

down -.4 to 128.2...I wonder if it's the extra calories from yesterday..Well not going to over think it because I then go crazy trying to duplicate it. Had a lovely Valentine's Day. Hubby got me some lovely roses, 2 perfumes, a singing balloon and some Godiva chocolates. We went out for an early dinner and I had a churrasco steak with lobster tail. I skipped the wine and had about 2 bites of buttered bread and about 3 bites of rice with beans and some plantains. Skipped dessert and had 2 Godiva chocolates.

Today we're headed to see the Lego movie and then early dinner at Longhorn. Had a light breakfast with bacon and fiber crackers with spinach dip with coffee. We'll be at movies during lunch time so I may take some edadame with me and almonds and snack on that. Then will eat on plan at the steak house probably steak and lobster with a salad but no bread or rice.

Today will get back on the treadmill so we'll see how the scale treats me tomorrow but not too concerned. So far have a DD planned for Monday but since I have the day off from work and no school for DS not sure if I want to do a DD or not. May just do a high calorie/low carb day instead and change my DD to Tuesday but it depends on how I feel when I wake up and if the scale continues to cooperate..

Last edited by pandora174; 02-15-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Old 02-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

+1.2 to 129.4 but not too bad considering I had 2 days of up eating. I also exercised though not too strenuous on my recumbent bike for an hour and did some light weights & calisthenics.

Yesterday breakfast was bacon and some fiber crackers with spinach dip. We went to the movies and we had a coupon for a free popcorn and soda. I splurged and enjoyed some popcorn I was able to not eat the entire thing so that's something. Went to Longhorn and we had a coupon for free appetizer and we had the shrimp and lobster dip. I managed to eat as few chips as possible with the dip so & that is something. I did have a piece of bread with butter and lunch was a 6 oz steak with a sweet potato.

It was a late lunch so we ate around 3:30 pm and I was pretty full so only had coffee later on. Today decided to do a protein day since the last 2 days I've had sugar and carbs and eaten off plan a bit. This is a way to get rid of any cravings and clean my system out in a way. Woke up and not hungry still so I went out to run errands and came back around noon. We bbq some rib eyes and Argentinian sausages so ate that around 1 pm. Dinner will probably be an egg salad and more sausage or bacon. Tomorrow is a DD for me.

I am glad things have settled down as to the scale for me. I guess the key is to be patient but still aware and ready to make changes or adjustments just in case. It's a fine line though...
Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you had a real great time & even enjoyed some great food. So glad you're finding the freedom to do that!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

up +.2 to 129.6. Yesterday just did a zero carb but high calorie day. Skipped breakfast and around 1 pm had a thin rib eye and Argentinian sausages. Snack was 2 eggs with mayo. Dinner was 2 cans of tuna, 2 hb eggs and 2 tbsp of mayo. I also did the first work out of the Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown dvd. It was 30 minutes but was I sore afterwards. Today doing a DD so no exercise, tomorrow will do the DVD again. Trying to vary my workout a bit so it's not the same thing over and over again. So Tues. DVD, Wed. treadmill, Thurs recumbent bike. Then Fri. Sat. & Sunday I have my son's carnival at school which I am volunteering at and then spending most of the day at so not planning any exercise.

May keep in a higher calorie/zero carb day as part of my WOE. We'll see how this week goes since I know tom is also going to come in a few days.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.8 to 128 after my DD so pretty happy about that. Today doing a regular day as well as tomorrow. I guess the key is to keep things interesting and not panic and stay the course. Easier said than done though Oh well, need to get ready for a bounce back and not get too excited over a low number on the scale. I know that the scale only tells a small part of the story. I figure if I tell myself this over and over again I will eventually believe it. Today doing my yoga dvd for 30 minutes and back to work/school/family routine.

This weekend will be crazy for me. With all the regular work/family responsibilities this is DS's biggest school function of the year - the school carnival. There are tons of rides and food trucks and performances etc. This Thursday going to bake for my son's school carnival. Then Friday after work headed to the fair. Sat/Sun 3 hours each day of volunteering followed by some family time at the fair. They have food trucks and not sure yet where I want to splurge.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #505
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You're totally rocking!! So happy for you!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.8 129.8 it was expected but not too bad overall looking at my past numbers. Can't complain to see 129ish when I had been seeing 131-132.

I also know why the I couldn't do the Jillian Michaels dvd more than a few days..she kicks your butt I did her Yoga meltdown for beginners 30 minutes on Sunday, Monday no exercise & yesterday again the same 30 minute beginner session and I was so sore..It is a great work out though.

Today will do treadmill and tomorrow I have a DD planned and will probably skip exercise. Will try to squeeze one or two more days during the weekened but may do it in the morning since the afternoons and early evenings are booked. We'll see...

Other than that trying to stay positive and keep anxiety at bay. When I have a lot going on at home and work I feel it creep in. So far exercise has helped and Melatonin at night to get to sleep.Today planning on a long detox bath to help as well.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.4 131.2..yesterday was still too sore to exercise so I skipped it and after I made 3 batches of brownies for DS school fair I took a nap on the couch. Today doing a DD but I know tom is any day now so it is what it is sort of thing...Eating the same and just keeping on. Let's see where I can squeeze in 2 more days of exercise to get to my 3x a week mininum this week.

Getting ready for a busy weekened with my son's school carnival. Haven't really thought about food or what I'll indulge. Right now not in a splurging type of mindset. So may just take it one day at a time.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, that new work-out sounds brutal! Soreness lasting forever.
You're doing great! How scarey, making brownies... I haven't made home-made cookies for years. I used to be a cookie monster & making them is the worst!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:54 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

- 1.0 to 130.2 and still waiting or tom...hopefully it comes quickly because I hate the bloating, cramps & extra anxiety that are it's predecessors.

Well other than that at least I have no cravings or feeling extra hungry like last month. Today leaving work @ 2 pm..hoping to get in a quick 30 minutes on the treadmill, hop in the shower and relax a bit before we head out to the carnival at 6:30 pm. It's after my eating window so a Diet Coke will be my friend tonight.

Tomorrow I'm there from 12:30 to 3:30 pm selling homemade baked goods I ordered a variety box of Quest bars from Amazon since I've always been curious but never had one. So that will be my lunch and then dinner will be something yummy but healthy from one of the many food trucks. Will do the same for Sunday.

Will try to squeeze in a morning workout on Sunday so I can make it to 3x this week. Happy Friday !
Old 02-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

+1.6 131.6 ...waiting for tom still but have all the cramps & bloating yuck. Anyway been very busy with DS's school carnival. Yesterday we were there till about 10 pm. Today I volunteered for 4 hours but since I woke up late I skipped breakfast. Lunch was a Quest bar and I saved my calories for an early dinner. Indulged in what I wanted but overall very proud because I really did not over do it when surrounded by so many treats. I sold baked goods for 4 hours and did not have any ! When hubby got there around 4 pm I had some bacon cheese fries and a 2 bites from hubby's sandwich and the dessert was 1 Godiva cupcake. Drank water and Diet Coke and easily skipped the alcohol

Tomorrow will do the same eating wise and then Monday a DD. I do feel more relaxed about my eating. Seems also how I can enjoy life a bit more. Save my calories and then eat reasonable and not over indulge and there there is no guilt or binging behavior.

Next week back on plan with only clean eating. I'm just counting all the walking I've been doing this weekend as my exercise because I am so tired from the heat & Sun that I got today I can't even look at my treadmill.

Last edited by pandora174; 02-22-2014 at 03:27 PM..