Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
down - 1.6 to 129.2 and with tom not shabby at all. My DD I must say was pretty painless and not hungry but I am running on adreniline. Last night finished my "business plan" and DS thankfully had done his homework so I just had to check some things. Today I will practice the interview questions and scenarios and I want to get in some treadmill time and then a hot bath to
de-stress a bit. Then tomorrow is the big day. Right now feeling a little numb about it but hoping for the best. Looking forward to this weekend & this is all over with !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Praying for you...peace, joy & God's best for you.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 to 128.6 ! I was so worried and stressed last night.I got in an hour early & had an Atkins bar in the car for breakfast. Lunch is some cream cheese chicken I brought with guacamole & GG fiber crackers. Well interviews are over & done with. I had the first one at 9:00 am and the
2nd at 10:15 am. Took about an hour each and I really felt I did well in both. I tried my best and I was able to answer each question and give answers with scenarios to each. I wasn't nervous though I tend to talk a lot so I know it felt relaxed. I did receive a little feedback by one the big bosses that I did well & did a good job. So I feel relief right now. Regardless if I get the job or not I know I did my best. The rest is up to God. I will find out some time next week maybe around mid week.

Right now just exhausted and mentally drained. Going to head out home and probably go to BJ's and get some rotisserie turkey so I don't even have to re-heat lol so tired but glad I tried and did my best. Now back to my normal routine until I know. Tonight some treadmill time because yesterday I had zero time for exercise. Also DS has a quiz we need to review over & I need to stock up on my veggies & DS favorite foods.

Thank you ladies for the prayers. They were so appreciated & needed

Last edited by pandora174; 01-23-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I know you did well; it is obvious you are unusually intelligent, competent and disciplined. I have a strong sense that you will succeed at whatever you attempt. And you have such a wise understanding of this possible opportunity and its benefits and drawbacks. Trust that however it all turns out it will be for the best.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So glad it went well! Happy you were yourself and it felt comfy. Relax and enjoy your evening. Let u know when you hear .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You did it!
Rest peacefully as you wait to see what the future holds. I know the Lord will direct.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.0 129.6 but it's all good. Today doing a DD and looking forward to a mani/pedi tomorrow and just time with the family. Need to return a few things at the store tomorrow as well. Still have tom but it's toward the end so not too bad. Didn't have time to exercise yesterday. I didn't realize how tired I would be after all this. I was dozing on the couch I was so tired ! Today if I feel up to it may do a light work out & see how I feel on a DD while exercising.

Going back to my regular routine and not putting too much energy on "what if's". Next Saturday we have my husband's niece baby shower so that's a fun event to look forward to and I already bought her gifts. Nothing more fun than shopping for a baby I think !

The moment I hear one way or another I will definitely post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.0 to 128.6..so far have seen repeatedly 128.6/128.4/128.6/129.2/128.6 after 3 weeks on 5:2. So far for maintenance I think it's a fantastic WOE with lots of health benefits and it really has not been a struggle. So for me it's working but I wouldn't necessarily recommend this WOE for someone who wants to lose weight. Maybe if you have lots to lose but if you only have 10-15 lbs I am not so sure which what I'm honestly telling people when they ask me.

I think the health benefits are fantastic and I have the blood work results when I tried this 6 months ago. For me it's worth just not having the stress I put on myself. Today when I was having my mani/pedi the owner had just brought in some crab/shrimp egg rolls she made with a very light outer coating almost like phyllo dough & I had one and it was ok & I didn't even feel guilty.

Today going to relax and get back on that treadmill ! Tomorrow need to run some errands and whatever happens next week I'll take it as it comes.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

up +2.2 130.8 but no biggie, used to my fluctuations and I've been eating on plan. Though yesterday my stomach got really upset & that hasn't happened since I was low carbing & taking teas to get things going. Thinking it was that crab egg roll that maybe something in it didn't agree with me. Oh well did get in my treadmill time and did some light weights which I've just recently added in to tone up my arms and legs more. So I am expecting some water gain in my muscles since I'm a little sore today.

Busy morning had to do some returns. Then stopped for some Chicken Grill and had the healthy chop (lettuce/tomato/chicken) with their cilantro garlic sauce and added a serving size of guacamole. Not sure about dinner yet. Now just going to relax and watch some 80's movies with the family. Then need to get some treadmill time before we settle in for the Grammys tonight.

Really been keeping myself busy and not thinking about next week. Just going to take it one day at a time so I don't make myself too anxious about next week.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

up +.8 131.6. Tomorrow is my DD so will see where I end up on Saturday after 2 DD this week. I know I've been adding in some weights so did anticipate some water gain from taking my exercise routine up a notch. Let's see. Other than that my calorie count is a bit low according to people on the 5:2 thread on Facebook. Yesterday I came in at 1300 but I am average 1400-1500. But I ate a lot I think & I was full so why change things ? I slept in and woke up and did errands. Had lunch at noon : low carb chicken chop with guacamole and cilantro/garlic sauce with 2 fiber crackers and hummus. Snack was a bowl of GY with 2 % cottage cheese with blueberries & strawberries. Dinner was 6 oz of ground chicken with 2 pieces of cinammon lc bread with butter and coffee with hwc. Today averaging about 1400. I hate when I start thinking about tweaking. I'm going to follow my instincts and leave things be for now.

Oh well will keep on plan and try and not stress over things. I do have a cold sore so something is going on with my system & I haven't had a cold sore in years ! Feel very anxious but it's probably due to the job so not a good time to do anything right now. Just going to keep on plan and take a deep breath and carry on...
Old 01-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

down -.4 to 131.6 & today is a DD. Let's see where I end up by Saturday but if I can stay around 128 after 2 DD then I'll be happy maintaining along with an occasional indulgence.

No other plans for today just get through my work day & DD. I still don't feel brave enough to exercise on a DD. May take the time today and wrap for the baby shower this weekened and start thinking about Valentine's Day dinner plans. This Sunday is Super Bowl but we're not big football fans but we do watch the game. Will go buy some steaks so we can bbq.

Today not too stressed but I do want to "just know" and get it over with. One day at a time...
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Well I didn't get the job. I was disappointed but feel ok about it. On the bright side I wowed everyone with my interview. I received positive feedback that I really impressed all 3 managers including the HR lady. To the point that they had very little feedback to give me and they see me in a "new light" (whatever that means) lol ! It seems to me they already had a person in mind for this job. But I was told "to read between the lines" and there will an opportunity opening in the next 6 months to a year and to keep focused and apply again.

Oh well need to let myself be disappointed and at least I know I tried my very best & there was nothing I could of done more to get the job. I did put myself out there & that I was interested so that is always a plus. Going to let myself mope a little tonight but that's it !! Tomorrow back to myself & get my focus back on family & myself. Today doing a DD and so far not too bad though my cold sore is really bothering.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-28-2014 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you didn't get the position. But trust that its for your good in the overall scheme of things. Who knows what better opportunities are coming your way?! You did so well.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I'm thinking that your not getting the promotion at this particular time may be for the best in the long run. You'd mentioned that there were drawbacks such as less time for your family. There will be other opportunities down the road at a time more appropriate for your situation. Perhaps the universe was conspiring in your favor. There is a time for everything and sometimes forces beyond our understanding work to protect us and enhance our lives. You've gained in knowledge and experience by trying for the job. You can now enjoy this time with your family and try again in the future. I know your time will come.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.0 to 130.2 and would of liked to see a bigger drop but no biggie. Today I truly feel better about the whole job thing. Thank you for the kind words and support ladies. Things happen for a reason and this just wasn't the time or opportunity for me.

Today I was approached about an development program to join which takes me through some career development, mentoring and training. So I'll sign up which shows my continued interest and puts me in a better spot when a new opportunuty comes up.

Now back to getting my focus on my family & health !
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #466
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Well I didn't get the job. I was disappointed but feel ok about it. On the bright side I wowed everyone with my interview. I received positive feedback that I really impressed all 3 managers including the HR lady. To the point that they had very little feedback to give me and they see me in a "new light" (whatever that means) lol ! It seems to me they already had a person in mind for this job. But I was told "to read between the lines" and there will an opportunity opening in the next 6 months to a year and to keep focused and apply again.

Oh well need to let myself be disappointed and at least I know I tried my very best & there was nothing I could of done more to get the job. I did put myself out there & that I was interested so that is always a plus. Going to let myself mope a little tonight but that's it !! Tomorrow back to myself & get my focus back on family & myself. Today doing a DD and so far not too bad though my cold sore is really bothering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
down -1.0 to 130.2 and would of liked to see a bigger drop but no biggie. Today I truly feel better about the whole job thing. Thank you for the kind words and support ladies. Things happen for a reason and this just wasn't the time or opportunity for me.

Today I was approached about an development program to join which takes me through some career development, mentoring and training. So I'll sign up which shows my continued interest and puts me in a better spot when a new opportunuty comes up.

Now back to getting my focus on my family & health !
Sorry this one didn't work out . But, it sounds like you left a good impression and they're keeping you in mind for opportunities down the road...which could be even better. I agree that they likely had someone already in mind for the position, but it sounds like they're now aware of you, and your interest, abilities and potential...

That program sounds good...every opportunity that comes your way is a benefit .

Hope the scale goes down a bit more for you, stress can hurt that too.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:51 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.6 to 131.8 which is normal after a DD. Got my treadmill time in so proud about that. Was looking last night over my weight numbers & it seems this is where I get frustrated with 5:2 and it happened last time. It's always the same for me 128-131 and I'm pretty sure this time I've accepted my range and fluctuations. I was reading about set points in our weight & I think after over a year this is where my body has found it's set point.

I think I have accepted that I will always want to be 5 lbs thinner. But the only difference is I just don't want to do anything about it. When before I did extra HCG rounds or fat fasts or meat & eggs to try and get there. I'm just tired of it all now & just want to maintain.

Now the only thing is yesterday or last night I was hungry and I haven't been hungry in a while. I;ve noticed it the last few nights or so. So I am wondering if I am eating too little and that's not good for my metabolism. Came in around 1350 in calories and though I was satisfied by 5:30 by 7 pm I was a little hungry. I did have a little cheese when I was making my son's pizza but thinking of re-visiting the whole eat in an 8 hour window. Particularly on days when I exercise maybe a little protein or some type of snack after I work out may help with building up my calories and keeping the hungries at bay.

It was very very easy for me to eat more calories on very low carb. Have even been thinking of adding in some extra fat but low carb days to build up my calories and follow it with a regular fruit and veggie day but scared about getting constipated again. If I keep my fiber crackers in regardless it may not be an issue.

Right now just going to focus on the night time hungries after I exercise and try and build up my calories a bit. Now to to get the resolve and not freak out about eating after dinner when I have been used to "not eating after 6 pm".

Who would think eating could be so complicated
Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

up +.8 to 132.6 but today is a DD so we'll see tomorrow what the scale says. I notice at least once a month I hit 132 but I average from high 128ish to
130ish on a frequent basis. But most importantly I plan on doing nothing new about it !! No tweaking or stressing or over thinking anything.

I know the last 2 weeks have been super stressful and it's time to relax a bit & get back to a regular routine and focus on that. I was also super tired yesterday that I fell asleep on the couch before I had a chance to exercise so I napped for an hour and still went to bed at 10:30 !! But I did eat more yesterday and went to around 1700 calories and did not feel hungry at all & better this morning.

So next week other than my 2 DD which I may need to switch around the days due to some work conflicts with fasting just going to get in 5x a week on the treadmill and keep my calories at a minimum of 1500 but not lower. Same menu planned with my good fruits/veggies/protein etc and the scale will settle down again as it normally does.

But I am so proud that normally I would be doing a crazy no carb thing or stopping 5:2 and doing a FF or some other thing but this time I am just going to let it be...This plan is great for maintenance and I am happy I can eat more of my favorite things and the DD take care of things. But I am regular and not constipated and I need to remember that anytime the M&E or zero carbs sound appealing. I also like to take a look at how those eating plans may get me a little lower in the short term but within a few weeks I always go back to seeing again and again seeing the same numbers. Unless I do another round (which I have no intention of doing) my weight is pretty set at this point. Also, there is no way I could handle 3 weeks of 500 calories for the life of me to just lose some 5 pounds of vanity weight

Last edited by pandora174; 01-31-2014 at 05:48 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

after my DD down -2.6 to 130.0. Not too shabby but would like to get back to my 3 prior Saturday in a row weigh in's of 128.6 but I'll take it. I do notice that for me the week after my period I tend to be my heaviest. So no biggie.

Slept well and feel my anxiety and stress level have leveled off after the craziness of the last 2 weeks. Now relaxing a bit before we head out to my husband's niece's baby shower. Hubby is not looking forward to it due to his anxiety so that puts a little of a downer to it for me. But it should be no more than 2 hours. Don't know what the menu will be like but not in the mood to indulge or eat off plan. I know it's an Italian bistro type restaurant so I figure there has to be salad and hopefully some chicken. If not I'll eat what I can and eat later when I get home. I'll figure it out. But today back on the treadmill since I only got in 3x last week so this week I want to get in at least 4x or 5x.

Still need to go to BJ's later tonight for some steaks for tomorrow's family bbq. Tomorrow will be family movie-thon and then bbq and then Super Bowl. We're really not football fans but every year we watch the Superbowl. I think I enjoy the commercials and half time show the most
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry your DH is having anxiety. Does he have adrenal fatigue? Hope the shower & dinner was enjoyable. I don't care for showers anymore. The games really annoy me.
I spent some time researching my calories over the last month & the effects on my body & wt. Interesting fact for me, the more I cut back, the higher my wt. goes. Also found that the coconut oil definitely helps with the waistline wt. I've gone into more detail on my page. We're in very similar spots.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sorry your DH is having anxiety. Does he have adrenal fatigue? Hope the shower & dinner was enjoyable. I don't care for showers anymore. The games really annoy me.
I spent some time researching my calories over the last month & the effects on my body & wt. Interesting fact for me, the more I cut back, the higher my wt. goes. Also found that the coconut oil definitely helps with the waistline wt. I've gone into more detail on my page. We're in very similar spots.
I'l check out your page. Seems like other than this past Saturday I've been pretty steady at 128.6 and after today's weigh in on my way back. I just need to relax and that might mean not entering every morsel of food on my food app. I remember last time I did the 5:2 I only counted on DD and not regular days. I think for me I tend to under eat when I put my foods in and that's not good. It seems the more calories I eat of on plan foods the better the scale treats me. Seems only when I decide to indulge should I cut back on calories to compensate.

DH has always had anxiety since he was a teenager. He was on medication for a good long while but weaned himself off since he didn't like the side effects. While most of the time it's not a big issue some social functions can be tough. Thankfully yesterday there were no games and just a sit down meal.

Last edited by pandora174; 02-02-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 to 129.4 which is pretty good and on my way back to 128.6. Yesterday the shower wasn't bad at all. No games just a sit down meal. I did have a regular breakfast of bacon/eggs/guacamole and for a snack I had a bowl of berries with some GY and cottage cheese with 2 fiber crackers. At the shower my choices were salmon, chicken parm & meat lasagna.

So I had the salmon with balsamic glaze and it came with a tiny portion of veggies and a small serving of couscous. I skipped the wine and had 1 small roll and a small piece of cake. We ended up getting home at 8 pm since the restaurant was in the downtown area & we had to drop off my MIL. So no time for treadmill but today will remedy that. It felt good eating healthy and still indulging. I think the key for not gaining today was I ate clean for the rest of the day.

Now the only thing I am planning on changing is to stop putting in my foods for a while in my food ap. I noticed I was stressing yesterday because I couldn't find the balsamic salmon or couscous at the restaurant. I actually entered a generic piece of white cake ! Or today I got some shrimp spring rolls (no rice just veggies & shrimp) in Publix but took off the mystery edible wrap they come in and stressed because "how" was I going to enter this in my app now So I didn't enter it and just decided to eat from now to intuition, my 3 meals and snacks, no eating after 6 pm and only count calories on DD. So if one day I am little hungrier than another it's OK. I did this last time when I was doing the 5:2 and it worked out fine.

Just trying to relax and not stress over food which is why I started doing the 5:2 to begin with. So far so good & I must say after yesterday's meal which to anyone else was very healthy except the piece of cake but to me was an indulgence I am sold on the 5:2. Now to just focus on exercise 3 to 5x a week, keep at my 5:2 WOE and focus on family & my health.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.0 to 130.4 and doing a DD today since I have a meeting tomorrow that involves food & travel so doing a DD is not convenient. Feel pretty good actually and just going to focus on getting my exercise in 3 to 5x a week as my schedule and life permits. Let 's see what the scale says on Friday after my 2nd DD. Hopefully the scale will have me under 130 but not stressing it since I know from experience since I am not over eating it will catch up eventually if I stay on course.

A pretty hectic few weeks coming up but taking things one day at a time.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

+.2 130.6 after a DD ! Well I experimented on my DD and tried some Progresso soups so even though I came in at around 510 in calories I guess all that extra sodium is not my friend. Oh well I'm glad I experimented and tried something new. I know it will go away since it's water weight and proud that I was able to try something new even if it didn't work out. This is a big step from my days of being scared of eating an apple

Today had a travel all day meeting so breakfast was an Atkins bar and lunch was a pot luck. I stuck low carb (had pork, took the bread off some mini sandwiches & ground turkey) did indulge in a piece of fried cheese and one baked plantain but no dessert or bread !! Got home and just had some fiber crackers with hummus and ground turkey. Lots of water and will get on my treadmill. Tomorrow a regular day and then Thursday will do a regular DD with no experimenting

Last edited by pandora174; 02-04-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

+ 1.2 to 131.8 which is were I was last week.. Not planning on changing anything right now. Just in a wait and see type of thing. I know I am not over eating but I did exercise yesterday and it's been a few days so I have some expected inflammation and I am ovulating so there is that since I have horrible cramps...

But tomorrow is a DD and I'm planning on keeping it simple. Also going to make sure I get in 4 to 5x a week on the treadmill. As long as I can stay ager my DD 128-130 I am OK and not planning on tweaking anything. But can't be careless either.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing so well holding the course.
I'm going through similar 'ups', accounting it to the cold I caught & irregularity
Have a great day!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Today I forgot to eat breakfast. So busy crazy at work when I go get my lunch I see my eggs & berries and realized I just forgot to eat breakfast Then I get home and by the time I ate dinner and helped DS with homework just too tired to hit the treadmill. No energy to go upstairs..just tired. Dragged myself to the kitchen and made my lunch tomorrow and DS school lunch. Going to cut myself some slack and try an get on the treadmill Friday & Saturday so at least I have 3x this week.

At least tomorrow is Thursday and I plan on resting and relaxing this weekend. Hope next week is better !
Old 02-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

STS 131.8, no gain so that's good. I also know that while I didn't count calories I probably didn't eat enough since I forgot breakfast. I did eat to hunger though so that's good enough right now. Today doing a DD and keeping it simple with GY for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and dinner either salmon or more GY depending how I feel. Will try some treadmill time today to see what all these fasters are talking about. Never attempted exercise while on a DD and will check it out. They keep talking about the renewed energy etc. so let's see if it's true for me or not. But I do plan on keeping it light and not strenous.

Tomorrow back to regular eating for me and just keeping focused on eating healthy and trying to get my exercise time and not stressing. No plans on changing anything and looking at this 5:2 as a WOE and not a diet. So ups and downs are normal and as long as I'm not gaining continously or seeing new higher numbers need to stick it out. I was reading an article that any new eating or change in our WOE takes at least 3 months before our system gets used to it. Also on the 5:2 since our glycogen is depleted on DD there are bigger bounces. My next goal is to weigh in 2x a week after DD. I need to get used to not logging in every morsel I put in my mouth and feel more comfortable on 5:2 before I tackle this goal. But baby steps. I just want to get to the point where I am not obsessive about my weight, food, scale etc. Where I can relax and it comes second nature without that fear of backsliding at the simplest things. But again one step at a time and I will get there just like I reached all my other goals

Last edited by pandora174; 02-06-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #479
Big Yapper!!!!

You're so wise not to freak out and panic! You'll even back out and be just fine, you got this!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

-1.6 130.2 after my DD and I'll take it particularly when this week's first DD was a bust from the soup. Exercise on a DD is not for me. I was so tired last nbight I took an hour nap after I did homework with DS and had my dinner and woke up in time for American Idol.

Well today back to regular eating and 30 minutes on the treadmill. If I stick to it the rest of this week Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun then it will be 4x exercising and that is well within my goals ! But can't slack off the next 3 days

Get to leave a little early today from work and may treat myself to a visit to Marshall's ( I love that store !) and then tomorrow my mani/pedi. Planning to going to see with hubby & DS the new Lego movie later in the afternoon on Saturday or if they're not in the mood then Sunday afternoon.