Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good to have a date. Who knows, maybe you'll get it. Good experience to apply anyway.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Well I survived my first DD of about 550 calories which really was not bad at all to my surprise. Well this morning I strip down and it's freezing & I get on the scale all anxious & excited & what do I see ? "LO" !! Yes dead scale ! It was so not funny then. I was waking up hubby for batteries and he was like "sorry they're rechargeable, you have to wait". This has been the first time I haven't weighed in about 2 years. It felt so strange and for a second I was like "what do I do now ?".

Any way I survived my first morning without a weigh in. I do feel my pants a little bit looser so I must of lost a bit but regardless back to normal eating for me. I bought this digital food steamer from Food Network on clearance at Kohls for $17 from $70 so I'm excited to try it out ! Today will steam some squash and my next DD some Mahi. I do love my kitchen gadgets. Today back to normal eating and the treadmill and I guess I will have to wait for my 2nd DD weigh in to see if I have any "tada" moments or not. Haven't decided if to do my DD on Thursday vs Friday this week. I guess will see how I feel later tonight when I do my food prep for the following day.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's funny! I can SO relate! Hope you can handle the rest of your day!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:37 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Well scale still on the blitz. I stepped on it and it said first I weighed 154, 180 then 240 !! So hubby will check the batteries and if it died will dig up my old digital one from the garage. Feels weird not weighing in and subconsciously which I know is not possible I feel heavier I was trying to convince myself to only weigh in after DD which would be 2x a week but let's see if I can stick to that. I see myself hopping on that scale tomorrow if he gets it to work that is.

Anyway stomach issues are resolved. Amazing what some fruits and veggies can do, huh ? Calorie wise not as high as when I was lc but really it's all subjective I think. Portion and "food wise" I'm eating the same it's just less calories. Also, surprisingly I am fuller longer on veggies and carbs which is probably why I feel heavier. I do know why but on very lc I feel "lighter" I think yesterday I barely broke 1250 with 47 % fat and 41 net carbs. But I ate "a lot " so we'll see if I gain on less calories lol .

My energy is really good and I got in my treadmill time yesterday and had a hectic day at home with the family & didn't really sit down until 8 pm and I was not exhausted at all. I also am mentally preparing myself if the scale is still around 131ish since I know I need to give my system a little time to get used to 5:2 and the change in eating and even the calorie count.

After 2 weeks I'll re-assess if I need to up the calories by adding more fat and also on how I feel.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-09-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

My regular scale went kaput so I pulled out my old scale. I had prepared myself for it to be higher since you're not supposed to change scales & whenever I compared the 2 scales this one was always about .6 or .8 higher. So 132.0 which I thinks puts me on or about where I was 2 days ago. I'll take it for such a drastic change in eating and a new plan that I'm following as well. I really thought it was going to be higher since I had been reading about how on non fasting days weigh in's are not a good idea because your glycogen gets depleted and there are bigger fluctuations etc. So hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Today doing my 2nd DD so let's see what the scale says tomorrow. I feel pretty good so far and strangely my appetite is actually less than on the very lc. Anyway, really only going to pay attention to the 2nd DD weigh in to see any trends. Most importantly my bathroom issues have resolved. I also feel I am eating a more well balanced diet with the fruits and veggies which I think ultimately is better for me overall. Going to do some produce shopping today. Need to start getting creative again with the veggies.

This weekend just going to relax before I start preparing next week for my interview on the 23rd. Most importantly my DS made 2nd Honors for this semester so going to his award ceremony this morning

Going to relax and let this WOE settle in.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-10-2014 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You sound healthy and in control! the scale dying is funny I would be upset at that too. Hope tomorrows weigh inks encouraging...but you're wise to give it some time. Change takes some getting used to, so see how next week goes too. Hope you have a nice weekend!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Well finished my 2 DD this week and today weighed in at 128.6 which is a drop of -3.4 . Now these are not new numbers for me but very happy I got rid of the inflammation and water weight I accumulated when I changed my WOE from low low carb to a more balanced way of eating. At least it tells me my body does like to maintain in my happy range and the good carbs are not an issue. Big relief there !!

Today back to normal eating though since it was my bi-weekly mani/pedi I didn't eat until 1 pm ! I wasn't hungry but I just knew I had to eat. It's a weird feeling when your body is telling you to eat without the hunger signals. TOday back on the treadmill.

Had some pan fried chicken livers with a spinach and cherry tomato salad. I also re-discovered hummus I got a variety sampler from Aldi's and I broke up 2 GG crisp crackers and had them with hummus, & OMG so incredibly yummy !

Tonight going to make some crock pot steak and will just add an onions and yellow squash with dry spices. May do next week's DD Tuesday and Friday. This week got in exercise 4x so not my 5x where I like to be but life gets in the way and what can you do. This week will aim for 5x ! Then next week will start thinking more about my interview I told myself this is a "no thinking" weekend. Just relaxing, watching movies and doing only what needs to be done and that's it lol

Last edited by pandora174; 01-11-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how much your wt. will rise up again, on a normal day. I've noticed that just eating carbs puts wt. on, probably because it holds water wt. as it digests. I ate one small tortilla yesterday, (50 calories)... my calories were still low, but it kicked my wt. up 1.5 lbs. so very strange.
So, will you be staying with the old scale? Or getting a new one?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how much your wt. will rise up again, on a normal day. I've noticed that just eating carbs puts wt. on, probably because it holds water wt. as it digests. I ate one small tortilla yesterday, (50 calories)... my calories were still low, but it kicked my wt. up 1.5 lbs. so very strange.
So, will you be staying with the old scale? Or getting a new one?
I'll keep my old one, don't feel like spending extra money when I have a perfectly good one. It's digital but not as fancy as my one that broke that told me my fat/water percentages but I wonder how reliable that was anyway. Let's see what the scale says tomorrow.

I'm hoping that since for the last 2 weeks or so I had already incorporated some good carbs and the occasional sugar & starch it will make the transition easier so my system won't be overly shocked. But I'm not going to be bummed if it's too up because I expect fluctuations on this WOE since after a DD your glycogen stores are used up. We'll see but I do feel fuller on the extra carbs, but most importantly though my bathroom issues are 100 % resolved. That alone tells me I need to keep in fruits and veggies and stay away from lc or induction level lc anyway. While it was initially harder to up the calories eating fruits and veggies but the last 2 regular days I got in at least 1400 so it's an improvement.

If all goes well I bought some steal cut oats and would like to try it for breakfast on Monday with some blueberries and cinnamon. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

down -.6 to 128.0 so things are working out. Came in at about 1450 calories, 52 % fat & 37 net carbs. Today no changes and the same tomorrow and keeping in my treadmill. Tuesday will do a DD since I have a home & school meeting and won't have time to exercise so a DD fits in my schedule.

Lost a contact today but the weird thing isI hope it fell down the drain and it's not floating inside my eye somewhere because I have no idea where it went

Today is a relaxing day and my crock pot steak smells so good !! Will have that for lunch today and dinner tomorrow. I may make a flax/chia muffin for a snack today ! I also had 4 % cottage cheese yesterday mixed with GY and some berries and it was so yummy.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great! Not much carbs. What are you eating for carbs now?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's great! Not much carbs. What are you eating for carbs now?
For breakfast I may add in a low carb tortilla. I'll have a bowl of berries and put some fiber sprinkles or flax on it. An occasional flax/chia muffin. For lunch and dinner the same protein portion and choices but I add a veggie. Usually a spinach/cherry tomato salad. I've had mushroom caps, yellow squash, cucumber. I also bought some broccolli and asparagus. All last week I had an apple when I got home and was doing homework with DS. I've added back in GY and cottage cheese. Just feels like a more balanced way of eating.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Well I received some sad news My BIL passed away in an auto accident. It was unexpected so everyone is pretty shocked. Though my sister & I unfortunately are not particularly close it is still very sad. Last time I saw my sister and BIL was about 2 years ago. We just drifted apart since my mother passed when I was 20 and we are so different in personalities. My sister is a very supersticious person who is not easy to get along with. There also some very big religious issues which I refuse to expose my DS to since we are Catholic and I just can't expose him to her beliefs. I was raised in those beliefs & I feel it was very detrimental to my upbringing.

The situation is still so sad because my BIL was a very easy going man. He was in poor health after 2 strokes but still somewhat active though on disability. He was a passenger in a bus driven by the therapy place when they were hit. I am not comfortable going to my sister's home but I will be at the funeral. I am close to my niece and she is very sad. The services will be on Tuesday. Not sure if DS is ready for a funeral. I will probably have DH drop me off at the services and have him take DS to dinner or something.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry for your ds! How tragic when death happens suddenly.
I can relate with difficult family relationships. Its hard.

I'm surprised that your system does so well on so little carbs... happy for you though!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.8 to 129.8 but normal for me on a Monday after a weekend. Still on plan and exercising today though tomorrow will be a DD. This week will be very hectic and stressful. I have the funeral for my BIL tomorrow evening and the burial the following morning on Wednesday. My job does give me 3 days of funeral leave so I'll be off from work Wednesday through Friday.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

STS 129.8 so I'll take it. Calories came in around 1450 or so with 57 % fat & 23 net carbs. Did 25 minutes on the treadmill and my 15 ab roller reps. Today is a DD and no exercise. Let's see what the scale says tomorrow and then after a few weeks how I feel.

So far I must say it's not as bad as last time I tried 5:2. I think the difference is I'm keeping in my coffee with hwc 1x a day on the DD and the fiber crackers that really fill me up. Also I am eating a more varied menu vs. doing 0% GY like last time. Haven't had a splurge meal yet but will do so on Valentine's Day and then later in February at my son's school fair when I want a lobster roll and a Reese's fried peanut butter cup
Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Beginning of 2nd week of 5:2 and done with my DD yesterday -1.4 to 128.4 so pretty good. Off from work for a few days. Had a regular breakfast of bacon and eggs and then went to lunch with hubby. We ate at this Colombian restaurant and I was able to enjoy myself a bit. We started with homemade pork rinds and then I had this chicken breast with garlic cilantro sauce with a side of plain salad. I did allow myself 1 fried plantain and had no rice or beans or dessert. But I am still so stuffed even though hubby ate half my chicken

No room for a snack and dinner may just be some GG crackers and hummus with berries if I get hungry. Today plan on doing my treadmill and tomorrow will be a regular day. Friday a DD with no exercise. This weekend will start preparing for my interview which is next Thursday. I so want this over and done with !!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Well I received some sad news My BIL passed away in an auto accident. It was unexpected so everyone is pretty shocked. Though my sister & I unfortunately are not particularly close it is still very sad. Last time I saw my sister and BIL was about 2 years ago. We just drifted apart since my mother passed when I was 20 and we are so different in personalities. My sister is a very supersticious person who is not easy to get along with. There also some very big religious issues which I refuse to expose my DS to since we are Catholic and I just can't expose him to her beliefs. I was raised in those beliefs & I feel it was very detrimental to my upbringing.

The situation is still so sad because my BIL was a very easy going man. He was in poor health after 2 strokes but still somewhat active though on disability. He was a passenger in a bus driven by the therapy place when they were hit. I am not comfortable going to my sister's home but I will be at the funeral. I am close to my niece and she is very sad. The services will be on Tuesday. Not sure if DS is ready for a funeral. I will probably have DH drop me off at the services and have him take DS to dinner or something.
I'm so sorry. It sounds complicated, which is even more sad . Hope your interview goes well. Are you desperate for the job? If not, no need to stress. Be yourself and "don't borrow trouble". They'd be lucky to have you!

Sounds like 5:2 is going well. I may revisit that, but not sue I could keep cals low while LC?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm so sorry. It sounds complicated, which is even more sad . Hope your interview goes well. Are you desperate for the job? If not, no need to stress. Be yourself and "don't borrow trouble". They'd be lucky to have you!

Sounds like 5:2 is going well. I may revisit that, but not sue I could keep cals low while LC?
That's the good thing I'm content in my current job and it's much closer to home. The new job would just be a more $ and a promotion. So I think the actual "interview" is what's stressing me not if I get the job or not ! Make sense

What I've noticed since I'm no longer low carb the DD are not so bad at all. I fill up with salad, protein and fiber crackers. I also do have a coffee with hwc so my calories are closer to 550-600 some days. I try not to stress it like before. May try some oatmeal one day for lunch to keep full.

On my "feast days" I do have 1 or 2 fruits, 6 oz of protein at every meal and a veggie at lunch & dinner. Sometimes I have a lc tortilla or bread with breakfast or my snack. Essentially it's still is low carb WOE considering what a normal diet plan recommends since I rarely go over 60 net carbs and usually much higher than the average low carber allows.

Haven't ventured yet into oats, brown rice, quinoa but today I had a fried plaintain and it was so yummy
Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

+.4 to 128.8 which is pretty darn good for a day after a DD since I tend to get bigger fluctuations. Could be my system is getting used to this WOE or the extra sleep since I'm off from work until Monday. But the best part is I ate out yesterday for lunch with hubby and I ate till I was really full but Lord that cilantro garlic sauce was amazing !! I was able to relax and make good choices but enjoy myself which was most important. I also really wanted that "toston" which is a green plantain that is sliced and then flatten and flash fried and I did have it lol Nothing added and it was crispy outside and so good inside I kept in my 30 minutes on the treadmill and dinner was just a bowl of 0% GY and 2 tbsp of cottage cheese with strawberries.

What's amazing is that once I added back in the daily 1 to 2 servings of fruits, 2 veggie portions + the 2 daily flax crackers I am regular as can be. ZERO stomach & digestive issues !! This is also tmi but interesting how the body works but even my bm are healthier. Even when I was regular on lc all that protein and fat gave constant diarrhea As I am adding more and more foods I am also realizing for me & I do understand others have dairy, wheat sensitivities or hormonal issues etc but low carb is not necessarily the only or even the best WOE for me. I tend to think eating clean 99.9 % of the time as well as keeping an eye on calories combined with exercise are what works for me. I also realize being able to have a more balanced diet and doing the 5:2 reduces (not eliminates - but it's a work in progress) my stress over the scale and my fear of food is gone ! I'm not scared of what will happen if I allow that apple or the extra veggies

Last edited by pandora174; 01-16-2014 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

+1.0 to 129.8 which seems to be the # I bounce around on my feast days. Yesterday had about 1450 in calories with 58% fat & 28 net carbs but I didn't count the butter I put in the green beans & my ground chicken had a a little cheese and some broccolli florets. But I've been able to build up my calories and really just enjoy the variety of my menu.

This week did my treadmill 5x so I'm on track with my exercise goal. Next month may add a little more variety to my work out. Been thinking of doing a yoga dvd and see how I like it.

Today is a DD so no exercise. Today going to relax before a busy weekend which I will focus on my interview preparations and I need to work on a school project with DS.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

after my DD -1.2 to 128.6 so it's all good. Today decided to just focus on family and myself. I've been too stressed over the interview next Thursday and just giving it too much energy. Not really even prepping for it just letting it sit over my head like a cloud. So decided the best thing is not to think about it till either tomorrow or just focus on it starting Monday. The moment I decided that I got out of my pj's and got busy with family stuff !

Today worked on DS's school project which is a timeline of his life so it was great to go through his pictures. Can't believe how fast life moves and how fast they grow up Today is my MIL b-day so I went shopping for her & scored big at Ross. Got her a complete set of towels, a new nightgown, 2 blouses & some cookies. I also had a new Avon lipstick and some creams to add to her gift bags. Later today we're taking her to dinner at that Colombian restaurant my hubby & I discovered which we know she will love.

Then back home which I will hit my treadmill & prep my son's poster board for tomorrow. Tomorrow back to regular eating and treadmill. Will probably look at some of the interview scenario questions and sketch out some responses.

So far so good on 5:2 last DD weigh-in's have been (week 1) 128.6/128.4, (Week 2) 128.6/?. It would be nice to get steadily into the 127s and then 126s but let's see and not really focused on getting lower or doing anything about it if I don't. I don't mind slow and steady at all.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-18-2014 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Your wisdom, self-discipline and energy continue to inspire me every day, Pandora. You are an amazing woman.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Your wisdom, self-discipline and energy continue to inspire me every day, Pandora. You are an amazing woman.
Thank you, that is very sweet of you to say
Old 01-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.0 to 129.6. No time for treadmill yesterday since by the time we got home from my MIL's b-day dinner it was 8 pm. Ate very reasonably. Had some "chicharrones" as an appetizer which we all shared, that's pork rinds but with pork meat attached & fresh ! Then they didn't have my favorite chicken with cilantro sauce so I had broiled snapper with salad and veggies. Couldn't finish my fish and ate about half but did indulge in 2 "tostones" which are the green fried plantains Surprisingly when I entered my foods into the app I came in at 1250 calories with 59 % fat & 24 net carbs.

Today slept in but had a late breakfast of GY and cottage cheese with berries. The weather for us is very chilly 59 so we bbq some organic rib eyes from Trader Joe's and some kielbasa from BJ's ( I love the Harvestland brand), made a big salad & that was lunch. Not sure about dinner yet. Will definitely do the treadmill today. Now going to relax a bit before I tackle DS project. Starting tomorrow evening it's interview prep time so giving myself this whole weekend to just relax and focus on family time.

I really can't wait for this week to be over !! I must say I am enjoying the 5:2 plan and I notice my anxiety over food or the scale has lessened. I don't worry about eating since I have those 2 DD. But realistically I do know this plan is not for everyone that whole "feast day" is very misleading . There are no feast days or you'd gain weight LOL. I eat "normal" for me and I know there are health benefits and hopefully a small downward trend. I will have an occasional "feast meal" but I have yet to see any new low #'s after 2 weeks. I'm happy to maintain and eat all of my favorite foods and not worry about the scale. Also just keeping my digestion moving is worth any minor inconvenience of DDs. Also weird but I don't dread DD and in some way I almost enjoy the clean eating and the light feeling I get.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-19-2014 at 10:48 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #446
Big Yapper!!!!

You're doing great! 5:2 seems to help you relax a bit...which is a good thing and you're doing well with the exercise too! All good stuff!!! Hope this week goes fast and you're done with the interview before you know it. You're in a strong position and I hope it goes well.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

up today +1.2 to 130.8 but came in yesterday at around 1400 calories, 60 % fat & 35 net carbs mostly from the GY and did get in 28 minutes on the treadmill. But I know tom is any day now so no biggie and a normal fluctuation for me on a Monday. Tomorrow is a DD & no plans on changing anything. I must say I love my steamer particularly for DD when I can throw in my fish & veggies & have the meal ready in under 20 minutes !!

These are the days that I'm glad I do weigh in everyday because I can take a quick look back at my phone app & see "oh yeah I've been this # before or heck I've even been higher" and then back to normal routine.

Stayed home since DS woke up under the weather. It's like out of nowhere he woke up totally congested & coughing like crazy. But I have him settled with some Mucinex, extra Vitamin C and he's doing better already. Thankfully no fever and he got hungry a little while ago. No matter how old they get they need their mom when they get sick.

So now time to watch to cartoon with my patient. After exercise tonight going to do some interview scenario and focus on it tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

STS 130.8 but I also just got tom this morning. Perfect to go back to work, tom, headache & cramps Oh well..back to work & it is crazy and then prep today & tomorrow for my interview. I have the times and the location : first interview - 9:00 am & 2nd 10:15 am. Not sure when I will find out but pretty sure it will be quick as they need to move on the team set ups. Nervous but also just want to get it over with. Also getting excited that should I get it which would be a new chapter in my work career. We'll see, keeping my fingers crossed. Doing a DD because I had it scehduled but it's not so bad. Next DD will be Friday.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, get tom & dd over with before your big interview. I know I felt in the most upbeat 'mood' after a couple days of tom, a good hormone change for me. How exciting this week is for you! Blessings on your interview & direction in life.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope your interview goes well. You sound good-balanced, not stressing and ready for something new!! Exciting!!