Old 12-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
What plan do you follow when you eat ? I notice that even when I do moderate low carb greek yogurt has never affected me or most people I know. Something about the carbs coming from the dairy and if you add berries those are very low on the glycemic scale.I do know for some people any fruit does wake up the sugar monster but I am fortunate that fruit doesn't do that.
Right now I'm eating only eggs, bacon, meat, poultry and fish along with 1-2 c. lettuce and sometimes 1/4 - 1c. low carb green veggie like green beans. I'd been having a small amount of cheese at breakfast but am experimenting with doing without that and instead having an extra egg and/or more bacon at breakfast. I've been planning on perhaps eating a few berries later in the new year when they come in season but I have another .5 - 1 lb I'd like to lose so I am a little afraid to add berries anytime soon. Same with GY although it is one of my all time fave things in life. Seeing how you manage eating those things without gaining has given me hope and inspiration, Pandora.

I hope you will be able to ease back into work tomorrow without too much regret. And do enjoy your Sunday to the max.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Right now I'm eating only eggs, bacon, meat, poultry and fish along with 1-2 c. lettuce and sometimes 1/4 - 1c. low carb green veggie like green beans. I'd been having a small amount of cheese at breakfast but am experimenting with doing without that and instead having an extra egg and/or more bacon at breakfast. I've been planning on perhaps eating a few berries later in the new year when they come in season but I have another .5 - 1 lb I'd like to lose so I am a little afraid to add berries anytime soon. Same with GY although it is one of my all time fave things in life. Seeing how you manage eating those things without gaining has given me hope and inspiration, Pandora.

I hope you will be able to ease back into work tomorrow without too much regret. And do enjoy your Sunday to the max.
Seems similar to when I did Meat & Eggs for about 5 weeks. It did help me up my calories and get rid of some bloat I had. I did that until I just got over it one day and then started adding back in some fruit here and there. What I did to transition is one day I would have my berries or whatever new thing I wanted and the next I would eat "clean". I did that for a few weeks until I was comfortable in that if I wanted I could eat that way everyday. I still at least weekly have a very low carb or no carb day to even things out. Some people alternate calories so let's say if one day you're high the next day you just cut back or I'll skip a meal or my fasting day is actually extended.

Just have to figure what little tricks work for you so this WOE is manageable but most importantly enjoyable

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Here is my ramble for the day. So today I had a big fluctuation which I know is no biggie and normal for me. I know yesterday I was constipated & that issue has resolved today What bothers though it has gotten much better is my mood when I saw 126.4 vs 128.4. I still hate when I see a lower number I actually feel slightly happier. When I see a higher number there is that urge to "do something" to fix it. I blame that on my HCG background but it also has gotten better. But I know today I skipped the flax muffin + berries I was planning for bacon and eggs. Lunch was crockpot chicken and dinner is ground veal + a small avocado. I guess it's better than before when I would automatically do a correction day when I saw a 2 lb gain even if I had eaten on plan.

I do see the progress in my behavior and thoughts and I do see the shift from "diet" to "maintenance". It's just always seems like work and sometimes just making myself do something. Like Christmas Eve I really am glad I "made myself" eat that meal with my family. Now the goal is to keep eating my good carbs which I do enjoy and get over any fear of good foods that I tend to have. This always happens when I follow any WOE too strictly and I know it's not a healthy mind frame. I tend to get obsessed with the "rules" and that if I deviate I will gain. I still can't make myself eat an apple and a few months ago I was having an apple a day & even enjoyed some pineapple and cantaloupe !

I know following any WOE that is too restrictive is not healthy (for me personally). I mean that mentally as well as for my metabolism which is only my experience. I notice when I eat good healthy non processed foods I can indulge more liberally and keep my calories at a healthy level. When I stick to for ex. no carbs or too low calorie my body starts rebelling as in constipation issues, bloat or just feeling low energy etc. I also start focusing too much on trying to get lower or try another yet another thing and lose sight of the big picture.

OK ramble over now time for a family movie and see if I can squeeze in some treadmill time tonight

Last edited by pandora174; 12-29-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Seems similar to when I did Meat & Eggs for about 5 weeks. It did help me up my calories and get rid of some bloat I had. I did that until I just got over it one day and then started adding back in some fruit here and there. What I did to transition is one day I would have my berries or whatever new thing I wanted and the next I would eat "clean". I did that for a few weeks until I was comfortable in that if I wanted I could eat that way everyday. I still at least weekly have a very low carb or no carb day to even things out. Some people alternate calories so let's say if one day you're high the next day you just cut back or I'll skip a meal or my fasting day is actually extended.

Just have to figure what little tricks work for you so this WOE is manageable but most importantly enjoyable
Your approach seems very reasonable and makes good sense to me. I've noticed that many people here are successful on JUDDD alternating high carb/high calorie days with extremely low calorie days but I've thought that approach wouldn't work for me for a number of reasons. But your plan of alternating VLC or ZC with LC is definitely something I could do and it seems like a good way to incorporate a few more healthy carbs. Thank you for the suggestion, Pandora.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

up +.4 128.8 but it's fine for back to work and 3 hours less sleep. Also it's just a .2 difference from where I was last Monday so I'll take it. Back to work today and the routine. When I get home will make the sweet potato pie for the family and prep for tomorrow's dinner. Not sure if I'm making a ham or a turkey breast. Hubby will decide today when he goes tol Bj's. Want to get in some treadmill time tonight if possible.

Now for a big decision. There is a job available at my work for a Supervisor position. I am qualified and there will be several candidates and I would never have thought of applying when I was heavy. Just the interview process is grueling at my company (big Fortune 500 company) and if I get it it's a longer commute and longer hours but more $ and more opportunities.

It's hard becaause I am comfortable in my current job but there is no more room to move & in my household I am the primary bread winner so I need to think about the family as well. I think I may try it and the worse that happens is I don't get it but I can say I tried at least. Nothing worse than not trying but darn if only the interview process would be easier Very very nervous..
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Up +1.4 130.2 but I'm constipated again ! Having a flax muffin for breakfast and hopefully this will get things moving along. No plans to change anything but I will stay on plan for New Year's Eve dinner, no plans to indulge. Will have ham and salad for dinner and no plans to have a drink either. We bought a big thing of fireworks at BJ's so that will be the big entertainment today at my house. Very low key as usual.

I did know I didn't eat enough yesterday and that's because I felt bloated and gassy and made it only to 1250 in calories, 62 % fat & 9 carbs and 15 min on the treadmill. Didn't even do too much exercise because I wasn't feeling 100 %.

I applied for the Supervisor position and will just leave it up to God. Been praying about it. So next step would be the interview which is the most nerve wracking part but don't have a date yet. Just going to relax today & tomorrow and not think about it at least for 2 days anyway !

Hope the scale is nicer tomorrow to me and the flax muffin works
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
for God's will for you re: job.
Happy new year!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
for God's will for you re: job.
Happy new year!
Thank you
Old 01-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Good luck with the job.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.0 to 131.2 but it was very well earned So I was 100 % on plan all the way through dinner. Then around 9 pm we decided to do our fireworks. I buy the big package at BJ's and decided to have a glass of pinot grigio and then I had a 2nd glass. So the rest of the evening I snacked and snacked : 3 small pieces of Cuban bread with butter, some pieces of chocholate bark, a slice of sweet potato pie & 2 small bags of chips !! Woke up late today but with a super upset stomach. So doing a GY day to clean out the system and get my eating back on track. I am not hungry so it was hard to get even some GY in for a early lunch since I couldn't stomach anything for breakfast.

But surprisingly I don't feel guilty. I realize I chose to have the wine and eat those foods and enjoyed New Year's Eve with my family. We watched back to back family movies. We threw all the fireworks and then came back in for the New Year's eve count down shows and toasted with grape juice. We made some good memories Today back on plan and I'll be back to 128 in no time

Today I will just vegge on the couch with the family watching the Rose Bowl parade and not think about the "job". Tomorrow I'll start researching some possible questions and over the weekend come up with interview scenario examples. I've been told it's a targeted selection interview so the questions and answers must be formatted a certain way. So definitely will need to get ready since it appears the interview will be next week and a decision must be made by next week as well since they have a team that needs a supervisor (or superintendent). It means more money (not a lot in the beginning) but the pay band is much larger and I would get a bigger end of year bonus from 12 % to 15 %. The job would entail a longer commute and longer hours. But I have been doing the same exact job for about 15 years (I'm a claim adjuster who handles attorney represented injury claims) so it's exciting to do something different and I did go to school for management. This was something that I never would of considered when I was heavy. Yup, my self esteem and self worth were that low. I would see all these other people apply and get jobs and move up with less experience than me. Right now when my supervisor is out or on vacation I am the go to person in my team and have his authority so I know I can do the job but need to put myself out there. It was hard and it still continues to be hard. I'm doing things in steps so I don't freak out lol But I figure I need to at least try or I'll regret it when someone else gets the job. I figure if I don't get it then at least I tried and like that saying "nothing ventured nothing gained" and heck why not me ?

Last edited by pandora174; 01-01-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your GY day.
Yes, its amazing, the change in confidence after losing a significant amount of weight. You conquered your giant! You CAN do this! That's how I felt too. We don't realize when we're overweight, how much of 'life' we miss out on...for 'food.' Just ain't worth it!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.2 to 130.0 but yesterday I didn't feel well. First time doing a GY I felt hungry and then nauseous like I wanted to throw up. But I also exercised 30 min and I never do that when I do any CD due to low calorie so maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do. Today I woke up with cramps and according to my phone ap I'll be ovulating in a day or two which explains the water weight and the nausea. So today going to eat clean and low carb to try and settle my stomach and not worry over the scale at all.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sorry y weren't feeling well from the gycd. I haven't done one in so long, but always keep it in e back of my mind as an option. Hope today goes well for you. I'm sure you'll be right back to your happy range today. You've w done so well!! Glad you enjoyed yourself a bit and relaxed... It's good to do that once in a while. I'm working on getting back to more control and less indulging .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.8 to 131.8 and I still feel yucky ! it's weird but the last 3 days but mostly the last 2 days I've had cramps and just feeling run down. Not sick like the flu or a cold but just my stomach is completely upset either gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea...Yesterday ate no carbs and just protein and that helped a bit and at least the nausea passed but I still have an upset stomach and I could hardly sleep.

Today was thinking of just doing the protein and good fat and see if it will settle my stomach down some more. If I can't sleep tonight I'll take something & hopefully I can sleep in tomorrow and feel better. Not worried about the scale since I know it's just my stomach and I've been eating clean other than New YEar's Eve. Once my stomach issue resolve will see what the scale says and if it's still up then I'll re-visit whatever I need to do.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gosh, it does sound as though you have some sort of intestinal flu. Would chicken broth help any? I sure hope you feel better very soon. Take care, Pandora.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

I feel better today ! Down -.8 to 131 and I skipped exercise since I was still very crampy. I was doing a lot of reading last night since it took a while to fall asleep. My symptoms have been periods of constipation/diarrhea and for a day or 2 maybe some heart palpitations. Last time I felt those I was taking the appetite suppressants from the weight loss clinic. It seems like my electrolytes are off balance and while my clothes fit fine the scale was up the last few days after a new low last week. I am convinced it all goes back to all the "remedies" I take to keep things going. They may be teas and supplements and such but I really never paid attention too much to the ingredients and basically there all stimulants/laxatives. Which would explain perfectly the symptoms and then my system getting used to them and needing more and then the resulting constipation/cramps etc. It's very scary stuff to read and I can't believe it never occurred to me. I guess because they were teas and supplements I never thought they were laxatives but they were and are !

So my plan is no more teas or remedies ! Will go back to where I was before the No Carb phase which was good veggies, fruits and my bran crackers or organic flax muffins which kept me regular and healthy even if I have to eat a little less. It's going to be a process since I can't shock my system any further which will only make the constipation worse. I read it may take up a few days though to get my digestive system moving & working again. If nothing happens in a day or two I may just do a macadamia nut/brie day since that always gets me going and back on track but hoping I don't need to result to that.

Today I woke up late and went to Kohl's to buy a suit for my interview (no date announced yet) and then my local bakery to get hubby's birthday cake and box of baked goodies for his birthday tomorrow. So skipped breakfast and my stomach felt better immediately. Came home and had 2 GG Bran crackers with coconut spread and a bowl of crock pot Asiago chicken with sour cream for lunch. Not sure about dinner though. Will get on the treadmill today since I read exercise does help digestion. Tomorrow going to buy more berries since I read they are good as well and some spinach. Taking hubby to a breakfast brunch tomorrow so going to relax and eat "on plan" but enjoy the day. Tonight going to write out some examples out for my interview which hopefully I can get the date soon !! I am very anxious about it..just want it over with so I know what the next step for me will be. If I do get this job it's a such a huge change, basically a career/life changing event ! Trying not to get my hopes up too much but honestly I will be disappointed if I don't get it.

Last edited by pandora174; 01-04-2014 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better and learning more about healthful eating. Your reading includes herbal teas as 'laxative & habit forming' ? I would think they could be, although some of the ingredients are just good stuff. I have found that 2-3 dried prunes @ day have been great for that, and have added them back in my diet recently, along with raw oat bran (which I mix with a small amount of protein powder & water - mid afternoon snack). I'm of the same mind. Must get the system working smoothly.
Hope you feel real peace & grace as you go through your interview.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

I also am glad you've figured out what was causing your malaise. Eating low carb has caused difficulties with 'keeping things moving' for me as well. I've avoided the senna tea because I feared getting dependent on something like that would make things worse in the end. I have been taking a magnesium tablet before bed which seems to help somewhat and I hope won't end up causing dependency issues.

I'm interested in learning more about your macadamia nut/Brie days and how they help your system. I thought cheese was supposed to be constipating...or does that only apply to hard cheeses? And why are you reluctant to resort to the macadamia/Brie regimen? What is the drawback?

I too wish you much good fortune regarding your interview. Writing out examples before hand sounds like a great idea; you will be well prepared...and very impressive I'm sure.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 01-05-2014 at 04:23 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I also am glad you've figured out what was causing your malaise. Eating low carb has caused difficulties with 'keeping things moving' for me as well. I've avoided the senna tea because I feared getting dependent on something like that would make things worse in the end. I have been taking a magnesium tablet before bed which seems to help somewhat and I hope won't end up causing dependency issues.

I'm interested in learning more about your macadamia nut/Brie days and how they help your system. I thought cheese was supposed to be constipating...or does that only apply to hard cheeses? And why are you reluctant to resort to the macadamia/Brie regimen? What is the drawback?

I too wish you much good fortune regarding your interview. Writing out examples before hand sounds like a great idea; you will be well prepared...and very impressive I'm sure.
The Macadamia/Brie nut is essentially a fat fast type of day. For me the fat in the cheese & nuts make me go the bathroom If you read up on Atkins and Fat Fasts some people do that to get losses started or break plateaus but it's not for everyone. Basically you eat 1000-1200 calories of high fat with little protein. The key is keep the fat percentage as high as possible and try I think to aim for 80 %. There are even recipe books and threads on it. The most I've done it is for 3 days it puts you in immediate ketosis. You do lose and I've lost as much as 8 lbs but average about 5 or so. The drawback for me is that it is intense and when I have done it I need to have my head in the game otherwise I'm miserable.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

up +.6 to 131.6 but not going to stress it. I did my treadmill yesterday which felt good and I did have a piece of hubby's birthday cake which was pretty good but otherwise ate on plan and around 1400 calories(een with the b-day cake). Not sure what is going on this week with the scale but I figure I need to wait and see if it corrects itself. I'll give it another week and see if it starts to go down. Been eating the same as when I had my low weight last week so I'm just thinking it's a darn fluctuation since I haven't added anything new and just getting over whatever digestive issues I had.

Heading out to a steak restaurant for hubby's b-day so very easy to stay on plan, will have a steak and salad and maybe a ceviche appetizer. Next week will keep on eating the same and my exercise and see what happens. I do feel better and yesterday I had a normal BM so I know that the berries and GG bran crackers worked. Today will probably add a flax OMM to my dinner as a dessert. I did skip breakfast since we slept in and just had coffee with hwc. Need to make I eat enough though..

Last edited by pandora174; 01-05-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Well back from hubby's lunch and it was amazing !! Started with the fish ceviche super yummy. Had the lobster tail with butter and churrasco steak with chimichurri sauce. Skipped the plantains and rice with beans and had a small salad and a few bites of broccoli & cauliflower. Dinner was a flax OMM with some berries and coffee with hwc. Later today will do my treadmill and take a long bath. Noticed my stress and anxiety were way up probably since DS goes back to school tomorrow and that interview. So decided not to read up or do anything "interview related" today. Hubby convinced me to just relax today & I'll prep once I actually know the date and a better idea about the questions.

So now to diet and the scale and how it's mind over matter sometimes. We took some pictures and when I was looking at them I was mentally comparing them to my avatar which is when we went to my sister's house. I was 126.8 then & today 131.6 so a 5 lb difference & I swear I could tell the difference. Mind you today I was wearing a different dress but the same size (4) and it fit perfect. That's when I got mad at myself for thinking such foolish thoughts and constantly trying to one up myself ! 2 years ago I would never have worn a dress or even dreamed that I could ever see a size 4 and here I am thinking my face looks too full...

My first instinct is always to correct or tweak !! So I came home and made my lunch for tomorrow and with no tweaks or corrections. I kept in my flax OMM for breakfast with berries and ham, lunch will be my crockpot chicken with half a cucumber, snack 2 ounces of ground chicken and dinner a yellow squash with some ground bison.

Will just keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens. Hopefully the scale goes back to my "happy range" and if it doesn't then I'll re-assess but want to give it a good go before I jump to making changes too quickly..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! You're doing great for breaking those chains to the scale & also at maintaining. I go through the same things sometimes & I have to remind myself of the same things. Good on you for resisting 'corrections'
Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #413
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree, keep doing what's working for you. If you're not feeling well, or not enough energy for your workouts, etc. then reevaluate. The scale will fluctuate, you know that. Maybe you should go to weekly weigh ins? Hope the regularity returns. Flax doesn't agree with me, messes with the scale . You've done it for a while, so I'm sure that's not it. Just mentioning it .
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

- .4 to 131.2 I do feel better today & I think it was the 2 consecutive days on the treadmill that helped. Going to keep things as planned and keep in my good carbs and resist the urge to go back to too low carb/no carb. I think deep down for me I know being zero carb is not healthy (i.s. my constipation issues). So I am sticking to my original plan which is a normal breakfast with a fruit and some protein & then for lunch/dinner protein & a veggie.

Then add in sweet potato and apples which I was having routinely before. Will just focus on eating good food and being healthy and not so much on the calorie count. I notice when I add back in veggies my calories go down compared to when I did M&E for example since a side of 2 eggs with mayo is 250 calories compared to a side of yellow squash & butter 50-60 calories tops ! Will see how I feel energy wise with the exercise and then may have a little protein after I exercise if I need it and not stress if it's "after" my eating window.

I know about fluctuations at least my brain does but darn they do suck when they tend to be on the higher side than we like. I know the best thing is to just keep steady and things always work out. Now to keep repeating that to myself lol

Thanks Ladies

Last edited by pandora174; 01-06-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

So been thinking and thinking about how I've been eating and what I want to do for this new year. I do know that I want to eat a more well balanced way and that includes veggies/fruits along with my proteins and an ocassional grain. What I don't want is to be stressed in how I eat or overthink everything like I do right now. I do understand and accept that the scale will fluctuate but I do not want to lose focus or gain any weight from my acceptable range. What I did learn from my "indulgences" is I really do enjoy a regular meal with my family and I hated feeling guilty about going off plan. I would like to incorporate for holidays, special occasions or just because more of those "indulgences".

All that being said I realized the last time in maintenance that I was able to eat my fruits/veggies and not stress so much about my eating was when I did the 5:2. I did that for 3 months and the reason I got bored is because I over thank that simple WOE. On my DD I started doing only GY to maximize my losses or if I was hungry I stuck to the 500 calories and didn't budge. I also blamed the fluctuations on the 5:2 when I now realize I normally fluctuate.

So I'm going to give it another try. Plan my DD menus for the most bang for my buck and if I am hungry and need to go over 500 I will and definitely eat a varied menu. On my UD eat normal for me and to hunger and focus on good healthy foods including fruits and veggies and start to add back some sweet potatoes and maybe some steel cut oats. Do my exercise on UD and just making this decision I was able relax a bit today. I felt so much better about eating my fruits and veggies and an occasional indulgence.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good. You'll do fine. I'm also trying to add foods that help with regularity... googled foods for c... & came up with an article listing them. I haven't become hungry from the added carbs.

Oh, I was going to mention yesterday, but forgot. Stress can show up on the scale too... can cause inflammation. Certainly can wreck havok on your sleep & diet also. Any dates for interview yet?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sounds good. You'll do fine. I'm also trying to add foods that help with regularity... googled foods for c... & came up with an article listing them. I haven't become hungry from the added carbs.

Oh, I was going to mention yesterday, but forgot. Stress can show up on the scale too... can cause inflammation. Certainly can wreck havok on your sleep & diet also. Any dates for interview yet?
No dates ! I am pretty sure stress is a big factor. May be tmi but after I decided to go back to the 5:2 I went to the bathroom I notice when I am facing stress my eating all of a sudden gives me extra stress. The same thing happened when my hubby had his brain surgery in May and I did a fat fast for a few days while he was in the hospital and felt immediately better. Almost like I need to take control of "something" when things get out of my control.

As to the interview I'm hoping soon but nothing yet. Tomorrow my immediate supervisor has a meeting with the hiring manager so I am hoping for a date soon and some coaching on the interview. Trying not to over think it but it's definitely hard.

Today had a red apple for a snack and it was delicious Dinner with my ground bison I got a yellow squash which I cut up and sauteed with some butter and added some shredded asiago cheese & delish ! I am looking forward to this weekend doing some veggie shopping and hopefully a date and time for the interview..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So been thinking and thinking about how I've been eating and what I want to do for this new year. I do know that I want to eat a more well balanced way and that includes veggies/fruits along with my proteins and an ocassional grain. What I don't want is to be stressed in how I eat or overthink everything like I do right now. I do understand and accept that the scale will fluctuate but I do not want to lose focus or gain any weight from my acceptable range. What I did learn from my "indulgences" is I really do enjoy a regular meal with my family and I hated feeling guilty about going off plan. I would like to incorporate for holidays, special occasions or just because more of those "indulgences".

All that being said I realized the last time in maintenance that I was able to eat my fruits/veggies and not stress so much about my eating was when I did the 5:2. I did that for 3 months and the reason I got bored is because I over thank that simple WOE. On my DD I started doing only GY to maximize my losses or if I was hungry I stuck to the 500 calories and didn't budge. I also blamed the fluctuations on the 5:2 when I now realize I normally fluctuate.

So I'm going to give it another try. Plan my DD menus for the most bang for my buck and if I am hungry and need to go over 500 I will and definitely eat a varied menu. On my UD eat normal for me and to hunger and focus on good healthy foods including fruits and veggies and start to add back some sweet potatoes and maybe some steel cut oats. Do my exercise on UD and just making this decision I was able relax a bit today. I felt so much better about eating my fruits and veggies and an occasional indulgence.
It's a good plan, and it'll allow you to add those healthy foods in without gaining. those are the carbs I like best too, in fact I had a sweet potato yesterday. I'll allow 1/week for now. But I've had fruit every day, sometimes berries, or an apple or handful of grapes. I like it and think it'll be good for me overall .
Old 01-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

up .4 131.6 came in yesterday at 1550 calories, 56 % fat & 36 net carbs. Most of the carbs came from an apple but feel better now that I've added some fruit back and a veggie with lunch and dinner. Also yesterday I had zero bathroom issues so I know I am doing the right thing for me. Today is a DD and keeping the menu varied and coming in at around 550 in calories. Will still way in every day but keep an eye on the 2nd DD of the week to see if any progress. Right now just want to get back to my happy range of 128-129 which is only about 3 lbs away so I feel it's a very manageable short term goal.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

I have a date for my interview 1/23 so that will give me plenty of time to prepare and I can relax for the next week or so. I also know who is my competition and honestly one person does have prior surpervisor experience so that is a big plus in her favor. It did put a little damper on my parade but will still hope for the best and see what happens. If I don't get it hopefully there will be other opportunities and the Lord knows if it's meant for me or not.