Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Here's a short story on how the scale lies lol Yesterday after work I had $10 Kohl's cash + a 20 % coupon burning a hole in my pocket so thought some retail therapy was in order. I've been feeling a little blah lately and shopping works wonders for me.

Well here I am at 129.8 and feeling a little bloated. So I hit the clearance aisles and tried on some clothes. Well I fit comfortably (not tight at all, even wiggle room) in this order : size 4 pants, extra small top and size 4 petite jacket !! Ended up with the jacket only since the pants were too long, the top was not on clearance. Other than my awesome deal (jacket from 129 to $36 less $10 - 20 % coupon = $20 !!) I left with a little bounce in my step !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
LOVE that! WTG!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up -1.0 128.8, yesterday came in low on calories since I was at the eye Dr. 1050 calories, 66 % fat & 14 carbs and 28 minutes on the treadmill. Today back to normal calories and will try this week to get to the treadmill no less than 5x.

Got my contacts. Well I can't believe I've waited this long. I guess it's another of the things that I thought were for "other people" but not me. Getting used to them which feels strange and I need to wait a few days since things are still a little blurry. But exercise is so much easier without them slipping down my nose all the time. My face also feels lighter.

Well today had another flax OMM with some strawberries. Lunch & dinner are going to be sausage/sirloin & chicken burgers. So far yesterday no issues on the bathroom so if it continues to go well I'll keep in the flax OMM which are super yummy !!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you with the contacts. Hope you like 'em!
Curious... what's OMM? omelet?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good for you with the contacts. Hope you like 'em!
Curious... what's OMM? omelet?
OMM = one minute muffin. There's tons of different recipes. Mine is 4 tablespoons of golden flaxmeal, 1 egg, cinnamon & nutmeg, sweetener of choice, 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil, olive oil etc), a pinch of baking powder. If too thick a little water and stir in a mug. Microwave for 90 seconds and voila a little warm cake ! I've added berries, whipped cream, made it savory by adding shredded cheese and onion powder. I've also done them with coconut flour. There's tons of different recipes if you google low carb OMM.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
OMM = one minute muffin. There's tons of different recipes. Mine is 4 tablespoons of golden flaxmeal, 1 egg, cinnamon & nutmeg, sweetener of choice, 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil, olive oil etc), a pinch of baking powder. If too thick a little water and stir in a mug. Microwave for 90 seconds and voila a little warm cake ! I've added berries, whipped cream, made it savory by adding shredded cheese and onion powder. I've also done them with coconut flour. There's tons of different recipes if you google low carb OMM.
Here's a pretty good link :

1 Minute Muffin

You can endlessly tweak to suit your WOE and whatever you have on hand. They are super yummy and totally satisfies the craving for a cake or muffin in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh thanks! I was way off!
Glad its working for you.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

up +4 129.2 but not bad for a Monday weigh in. Been 2 days straight on my treadmill and plan to tackle it today as well. Calories came in at about 1550 with 68 % fat, 12 net carbs.

Today for about the same and tomorrow will do a no carb day to balance things out. Getting ready for my son's birthday this Friday so off from work that day.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

-.6 to 128.6 and doing well. Still rotating the no carbs with days that include berries/salad/flax and find it very satisfying Next week will add some veggies to lunch. Been doing my treadmill everyday and this week except for Thursday plan to get on that thing at least for 20 minutes no excuses !

Feel pretty good though. There is just so much to do with my son's birthday, the holidays around the corner, work and just regular everyday things. It's very easy to feel overwhelmed but I think I am handling it well. I just want to get as much done so I can relax the week of Christmas and enjoy the time with my family.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Keep up that good exercise! Makes a body feel great!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
You always inspire me, pandora. Your ability to keep things under control while remaining calm is admirable and makes me think (wish?) I could follow in your footsteps. You are so self-disciplined. Your post made me feel better...made me feel serenity is possible even at this time of year. I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed (and under motivated) by all I need to accomplish in the next few weeks.

I think your plan of alternating no carb days with low carb days is very intriguing. I think something like that might work well for me as well.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.2 129.8, no biggie my fluctuations, it will go down. Which is why I'm glad I track so it's not as stressful as it used to be to see fluctuations. Also this week I haven't taken a break from the treadmill so I know I'm holding onto some water. But since today is a carb day & I have my flax OMM hipefully it gets things going. I'm noticing on the days I don't have the muffin I'm more regular so need to keep that in mind.

Today dropping the calories a bit since I'm upping the carbs and we'll see how that goes. Also hitting my treadmill every day like I set out to this week. I have noticed my arms are getting more toned, I have definition !! Also my thighs are getting smaller and my calves are defnitely bigger and also more defnition there as well.

Today wrapping my son's birthday gifts and picking up his cupcakes for his classmates tomorrow so he can celebrate his birthday a day early at school. Friday is his birthday. Saturday running errands & getting my nails done. This Sunday I have taped a whole bunch of Christmas shows so I can start gift wrapping and plan on spending the day in my pj's !!

Not sure how I'll eat the rest of the day on Friday for his birthday. I do know it's lunch is at 2:00 pm at an epxensive Argentinian steak house so the meats are non stop and delicious. Will definitely stay low carb though they are known for their sweet plaintains and probably will indulge in one. Then will have a sliver of birthday cake later that day. Thinking of having a flax muffin and coffee for breakfast and then just the late lunch and since I plan on eating a lot I doubt I'll be hungry. The next day will just eat no carbs and lots of water.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

;:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
You always inspire me, pandora. Your ability to keep things under control while remaining calm is admirable and makes me think (wish?) I could follow in your footsteps. You are so self-disciplined. Your post made me feel better...made me feel serenity is possible even at this time of year. I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed (and under motivated) by all I need to accomplish in the next few weeks.

I think your plan of alternating no carb days with low carb days is very intriguing. I think something like that might work well for me as well.
The other stuff it's just writing lists and every day setting out to do one or two things and then your're done. But through all this madness I always make time for me (some shopping, a long bath, mani pedi etc) that helps me when things get too hectic.

When you get to maintenance it's just trial and error. I did a few different plans until I found a combination that works for me. I also recognized my weaknesses and found ways around them. Like my big things was night time eating. So by getting used to eating in an 8 hour window (9:30 am to no later than 5:30 pm) I eliminated that issue.

By tracking my foods I got rid of the mindless snacking I would do. I also indulge in good cuts of meat, good cheese, fats etc. Experimented with other baking alternatives (almond, coconut, golden flax meal & even chia), different coffees, teas etc etc. Anything to make this WOE enjoyable and not a diet but a way of life ! I truly love my foods. Also why eat that crappy cupcake when I have Italian rosemary ham and twice baked brie waiting for me ??

But for me being vigilant is the biggie, I have my 4lb range 128-132. Go above 132 for whatver reason and take care of it within a day or 2 at the most. But I have several correction days that do the trick and again are not a big chore. Also if you fall down just pick yourself up, learn from whatever mistake and keep going.

I have a long way to go. Right now trying to get over my reliance on the scale and reliaze it's a tool and not let it have so much power over me. Trying to get over my fear of some foods and allow some indulgences because I'm always so strict and hard on myself and it can be a bit much.

The key is you can do it. Never underestimate yourself. I did that for too many years to even count and I refuse to allow myself to think that way again.

Last edited by pandora174; 12-11-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #344
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Love this thread, so inspiring!

What does
Quote:
then do a GY day otherwise leave it alone
GY stand for?

You look awesome!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs View Post
Love this thread, so inspiring!

What does GY stand for?

You look awesome!
GY = greek yogurt. It's a type of correction day. You get a large container of plain greek yogurt. I've gotten better results withe full fat but sometimes it's whatever I have on hand. You eat that only all day. I seperate mine into meals and add sweetener, cinammon, berries and have lots of water, coffee with cream and that's it.

The next day I drop 2 to 3 lbs if I have a lot of inflammation. It's a quick way to lose water weight from an indulgence or reaction to something. I sometimes just do it to clean out my system and re-set my eating or I just crave a day of it.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

STS the same today 129.8 came in at 1350 calories,66 % fat & 19 net carbs. Had my day off from the treadmill. Today planning on about 1570 in calories, 72% fat & 11 net carbs and back on the treadmill.

Been adding a tablespoon of organic coconut oil to my flax muffin and so far so good. May add a bit to my coffee as well. I had been reading about all the health benefits of coconut oil so worth a try and it is yummy.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really like coconut oil. It tends to help with belly-fat... can't get enough help for that!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Down .6 to 129.2. May just keep in my daily OMM flax/chia seed muffin for regularity from now on. Still low carb as I average under 20 net carbs but will faze out the zero carb. I feel as long as I keep some healthy carbs in I am more regular. May just do an occasional Meat & Egg if the scale starts to fluctuate up and I don't see a downward trend or if I am craving it. Just keeping things simple for now. Did my treadmill yesterday & also plan on doing it today which will bring me to 6 days this week !!

Now waiting for hubby to pick up my son's balloons and cake and then the rest of the day is all about my 11 year old. Happy Friday everyone !!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Well eating plan for today changed. My son was so enjoying his XBox one I didn't have the heart to get him to leave for the restaurant. So I went to the grocery store and grabbed some rib eyes and we did a bbq instead. So ate steak and a burger with salad. Did indulge in a slice of his birthday cake ! That is the first time in almost a year that I have allowed myself to indulge in a off plan dessert. It was so yummy though

Rationally I know I can't gain weight from a slice of cake and even if the scale goes up I was planning on eating clean and it's ONE SLICE but I did pick up a container of full fat GY and some smooth move tea with the rib eyes just in case
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you,
You're right on track... glad you enjoyed your DS's birthday.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Quote:
GY = greek yogurt. It's a type of correction day. You get a large container of plain greek yogurt. I've gotten better results withe full fat but sometimes it's whatever I have on hand. You eat that only all day. I seperate mine into meals and add sweetener, cinammon, berries and have lots of water, coffee with cream and that's it.

The next day I drop 2 to 3 lbs if I have a lot of inflammation. It's a quick way to lose water weight from an indulgence or reaction to something. I sometimes just do it to clean out my system and re-set my eating or I just crave a day of it.
Thank you. Going to try this. Do you eat the entire container in that 8 hour window?
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs View Post
Thank you. Going to try this. Do you eat the entire container in that 8 hour window?
Yes I usually break it up into my regular meal times (breakfast/lunch/dinner). Just doctor the GY however it tastes yummer to you. Some people add sugar free syrups. I do well with cinnamon, strawberries & Equal and it is yummy ! Also lots of coffee with heavy cream and water. I can always tell if I'm going to have a nice drop because it makes me go to the bathroom like crazy. I've also had my best results with the full fat type but a lot of times I only have the 0% and it works fine. The next day most people get some bounce back. Just eat very clean the next day and don't go too crazy and it should be fine.

Good luck !
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

STS today ! 129.2 so pretty good after my one slice of cake. Though my brain knows even if the scale had gone up it would of been a normal fluctuation it is nice to let myself relax a bit. A treat here and there are perfectly fine as long as it's not a daily thing.

Back to normal eating for me this weekend and see if I can get some of this Christmas wrapping done !!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

down -1.2 to 128.0. A nice fluctuation I must say. Came in yesterday about 1350 in calories, 53 % fat & 21 carbs (from berries & GY). I know my numbers are off because we barbequed shrimp and lobster in lots of butter !! I also had the most yummy salmon burgers ! I also didn't add the tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee or the butter so actually about 1550 ! The reason I'm not adding my calories for the coconut oil or the butter is because I know I'll end up eating less if I see it in my food app. Just using the food app as a way to stay accountable but not the be super strict about it. My goal is to eat as much as possible and maintain !! I also had a nice big bowl of GY with berries and lots of whipped cream

I also did 6x this week on the treadmill, very proud of that !! I count from Saturday to Saturday as my exercise week. So hoping to do 6x as well this week and maybe even 7x !! Today will finish the Christmas wrapping ! Next week just need to get through the work week and I have 2 work holiday events. Tuesday the office pot luck but I plan to eat very low carb (turkey/ham/salad) and then Thursday our team lunch at fancy Italian restaurant (having shrimp and filet with veggies) !!

No plan to splurge until Christmas Eve that I want a little rice and beans with a piece of dessert

Last edited by pandora174; 12-15-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cake? And the scale is down today? That's cause for major celebration!! WTG!!! So happy all is going so well for you!! Atta girl!! Woohoo!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cake? And the scale is down today? That's cause for major celebration!! WTG!!! So happy all is going so well for you!! Atta girl!! Woohoo!!
The day after "the cake" I STS but today after normal eating it went down ! Just happy I can have a treat now & then and not stress or freak out like I normally do. Going to be extra good and then enjoy Christmas Eve with a normal dinner and a piece of whatever dessert we have.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Busy Busy weekend ! DS (11) Birthday was a success ! I wrapped all the family's Christmas presents. I have DS teachers gifts ready & in their gift bags. I bought these cute individually wrapped treats for his classmates to save time & just added a gift card & done ! Also have my 2 friends at work presents + the gift exchange wrapped & ready.

Then food prep time for the week. I made my hard boiled eggs (have this cute gadget that makes up to 7 at a time), my favorite cream cheese chicken in the crockpot (about 5 meals) + some ground buffalo ) 2 meals there. AND I did 27 minutes on my treadmill, washed (dried & flat ironed my hair) whew I'm exhausted.. Oh and 2 hours of homework with DS since he missed school on Friday so he had to make it up.. and did get in some "me" time for a mani/pedi on Saturday, a trip to BJ's for groceries and a quick visit to Ross where I scored some Coach sunglasses for $49.99 !!

Now off to bed and work tomorrow

Last edited by pandora174; 12-15-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.4 to 129.4. So used to my Monday bump up by now it didn't even bother me this morning lol. While looking at my weight tracker I've been 5 weeks at 129.4 or 129.2 on Mondays. So no big changes in my eating/calories or exercise. Though I did order an ab roller on Amazon and see if that helps a bit in the stomach area. Itgets here on wednesday so will try it out easy and slow at first.

This week I will just stick to low carb (I have built it up to around 20 something carbs thanks to the GY) but no longer the "no carb" and see what happens. I am really enjoying my berries, GY, salads and flax muffins so don't really feel like cutting them out even by alternating days this week.

If I see the scale start to climb and not fluctuate down then I'll do M&E for a while until things get back in control.

THis week will be adding some more veggies. Going to make some yellow squash that with my little vegetable peeler I make "zoodles" or fake noodles and it is quite tasty Basically instead of the eggs from the M&E I just substitute the calories for a veggie, GY, salad with dressing etc. same protein portion and same snacks.

By the way coconut oil is so delicious !! I love my coffee with CO and whipped cream on top

Last edited by pandora174; 12-16-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Old 12-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Busy Busy weekend ! DS (11) Birthday was a success ! I wrapped all the family's Christmas presents. I have DS teachers gifts ready & in their gift bags. I bought these cute individually wrapped treats for his classmates to save time & just added a gift card & done ! Also have my 2 friends at work presents + the gift exchange wrapped & ready.

Then food prep time for the week. I made my hard boiled eggs (have this cute gadget that makes up to 7 at a time), my favorite cream cheese chicken in the crockpot (about 5 meals) + some ground buffalo ) 2 meals there. AND I did 27 minutes on my treadmill, washed (dried & flat ironed my hair) whew I'm exhausted.. Oh and 2 hours of homework with DS since he missed school on Friday so he had to make it up.. and did get in some "me" time for a mani/pedi on Saturday, a trip to BJ's for groceries and a quick visit to Ross where I scored some Coach sunglasses for $49.99 !!

Now off to bed and work tomorrow
Wow! That IS a busy weekend!! You're on top of it! And a bit of "you" time? WTG!! All set for a good week! good job!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote