Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood View Post
Hi Pandora
What is M&E
M&E = meat and egg. There's a thread under Other Plans. I tried it because fter I finished 5:2 I was maintaining but my calorie count was pretty low and since I wanted to kick up my exercise I needed more energy to do that. I was eating an average of 1200-1300 calories !! So I knew a way to add calories but not gain was lc. I was before eating about 50-70 carbs from fruits/veggies/lc bread but mostly from fruit.

I read about Atkins Induction and came across the M&E & it sounded yummy & an easy way to up my calories and not gain. Well before I was maintaining from 128 to 132 but averaging mostly seeing 130-131. Well after the first week I got down to 128.4 with an average of 1500 to 1800 calories ! After tom I gained it back but slowly its come off and I average 1500 and seeing 128 more and more often while doing nothing ! I have added back cheese 2 oz of Brie. If I really want something I have it (like GY last Sunday or salad last Satruday) but I have zero hunger and cravings are just gone . I find it a very satisfying way to eat and maintain. The first weeks I did have some nausea but that went away but I do have the Keto taste all the time in my mouth.

Feel really good energy wise and have been doing my treadmill from 20 min to up to 40 min about 5x a week. Do aim to break a sweat & it's pretty easy on a treadmill. Also my bloat is gone & my stomach is just flatter. Did have some constipation issues after a month but added some fiber gummies and a tea every other night and it's working out. But I find the fat so satisfying !!

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood View Post
Hi Pandora
What is M&E
Here a link to the thread : some great people on it and a good explanation and recipe ideas and how people handle it. Basically just meat & eggs with lots of good fat. I really have enjoyed all the different proteins and I just love egg salad with full fat mayo ! I find it very very easy to follow and incredibly satisfying and this is from a girl that loved fruits and veggies !

FALL for Meat & Eggs
Old 11-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.4 to 127.4 that's the lowest I've been in a super long time without purposely changing how I eat. Other than the M&E which I did have been doing for a while I do have a little cheese & salsa now. Yesterday I came in at 1600 calories, 69 % fat and 10 carbs & 30 min on the treadmill. I have been taking that detox tea but I just don't see how that could be the cause ? I mean it's a detox tea but I'm not restricting calories or dieting.

Oh well leaving now to get my hair trimmed, dyed and doing a Keratin treatment which I've always wanted to have done
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Way to go So happy for you.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lifeisgood
Stats: 295/195/175 - 5'7
WOE: RXShots
Start Date: May 18, 2013
Thanks Pandora,
I still don't know how I want to eat after HCG...
I would like a ketogenic diet of some sorts with high fat - I think.
Since I'm still on a round, I'm off the hook I guess, but gee wiz, need to figure it out.
Lifeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Up + 1.0 to 128.4 but pretty darn good for a Monday morning and less sleep and no visit from the bathroom fairy. Last Monday I was at 130.6 !! Also yesterday I barely broke 1000 calories so I knew I was going to be up today. After breakfast of 2 eggs with cheese, salsa and 5 pieces of bacon I went to do my hair. That process took 3 hours so by the time I was done and then had to go to BJ's for groceries I got home around 4 pm. Gave me time to get a rotisserrie chicken, their Harvestland brand with no sugar is amazing. Must of eaten half a chicken lol with coffee with hwc and full fat dressing

But then I had to make lunches for today, dinner (ground lamb) for today and lunch tomorrow and then laundry. By the time I was done no time for exercise since hubby wanted to watch a new tv series @ 8 pm. But exercised 5x this week so happy about that !

Today defintiely upping my calores, have about 1650 planned and back to exercise and focused on getting as much work done this week so next week I can start planning our Thankskiging menu. Want to keep it simple since my son is not a big eater and I don't want tons of left overs.

Last edited by pandora174; 11-18-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #278
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Down -1.4 to 127.4 that's the lowest I've been in a super long time without purposely changing how I eat. Other than the M&E which I did have been doing for a while I do have a little cheese & salsa now. Yesterday I came in at 1600 calories, 69 % fat and 10 carbs & 30 min on the treadmill. I have been taking that detox tea but I just don't see how that could be the cause ? I mean it's a detox tea but I'm not restricting calories or dieting.

Oh well leaving now to get my hair trimmed, dyed and doing a Keratin treatment which I've always wanted to have done
How's the hair look? I'm getting a Brazilian blowout next week... We have earned a bit of lower maintenance beauty . Glad you're down too! I think your body will naturally fluctuate and figuring out why will likely make us loony! but, if we're not in control and keeping track, well overdo it for sure!! You're doing great!! Keep it up and enjoy your higher calories!! Retraining your body to take those higher cals while keeping the scale in check is such a great way to live!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
How's the hair look? I'm getting a Brazilian blowout next week... We have earned a bit of lower maintenance beauty . Glad you're down too! I think your body will naturally fluctuate and figuring out why will likely make us loony! but, if we're not in control and keeping track, well overdo it for sure!! You're doing great!! Keep it up and enjoy your higher calories!! Retraining your body to take those higher cals while keeping the scale in check is such a great way to live!!
I love it & wish I had done it sooner. I'm at work so I can't upload a picture but I will when I get home. My hair is naturally wavy and no matter what it gets frizzy but this is smooth as silk lol I found a lady that is very reasonable and works out of her home. Since she siad it will last me 8 months but on average 6 to 7 months it's worth it.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Up +.4 to 128.8 but got in 27 min on the treadmill, 1650 calories, 69 % fat with 6 net carbs. So today aiming for 1500 calories and not sure if I'll have time to exercise. Still very happy with the scale I must say since usually I am in the 130 something. It's got to be the lc and exercise in combination with the 8 hour window. Have my yearly physical this afternoon so let's see what the Dr. says. Also when I get my blood work done what the results say though that's a separate appointment. Last time I was doing the 5:2 diet and my numbers were phenomenal. Now I've been doing lc for at elast 2 months now, so not sure what the results will show.

Today is going to be hectic. By the time I get home, get my son situated with homework and eat my dinner I will try and squeeze in at least 20 min on the treadmill.

Hoping I get next Wednesday off since I want to volunteer at my son's school for their anuual Turkey bowl. I did last year & the kids get so excited and my son loves when I do stuff at his school. It also puts me in the holiday spirit. Keeping my fingers crossed my boss's boss says yes due to the late notice.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! STS 128.8. Everything went well at my Dr. Now just going to do my bloodwork on Saturday. Been thinking about Thanksgiving and eating. Last year which was my first month after being done with dieting I ate mostly turkey and salad. I ate the cheese off my son's mac & cheese and a few tablespoons of the stuffing. The next day I was up 2 lbs but then again it was the first day of P3 so regardless that was going to happen.

This Thanksgiving I am picking up a meal from Cracker Barrel and the meal comes with : turkey breast, ham, my family wants mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, a veggie of my choice, cranberry relish and bread with dessert chocholate pecan pie. I was just going to have turkey/ham and salad and maybe a flax omm with heavy cream .

I was debating if to have a light breakfast and skip lunch and since we eat early just have a "normal" Thanksgiving meal with my family. Mother's Day and Father's Day I ate "normal" and the world did not end. Mother's Day I exercised afterwards and had a light breakfast and dinner and only went up +.2. While Father's Day I ate but did not follow my previous plan and the scale was up +1.8.

I just hate that I am so strict with myself that I don't want to become OCD about it and miss family events because of it or don't want to suck the joy out of everything with my WOE. Still contemplating what to do and the same for Christmas Eve dinner. If worst comes to worst I can just do a FF day or eat only protein the day after and take care of any gains. But then I also am scared to gain...

Last edited by pandora174; 11-20-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Morning ! STS 128.8. Everything went well at my Dr. Now just going to do my bloodwork on Saturday. Been thinking about Thanksgiving and eating. Last year which was my first month after being done with dieting I ate mostly turkey and salad. I ate the cheese off my son's mac & cheese and a few tablespoons of the stuffing. The next day I was up 2 lbs but then again it was the first day of P3 so regardless that was going to happen.

This Thanksgiving I am picking up a meal from Cracker Barrel and the meal comes with : turkey breast, ham, my family wants mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, a veggie of my choice, cranberry relish and bread with dessert chocholate pecan pie. I was just going to have turkey/ham and salad and maybe a flax omm with heavy cream .

I was debating if to have a light breakfast and skip lunch and since we eat early just have a "normal" Thanksgiving meal with my family. Mother's Day and Father's Day I ate "normal" and the world did not end. Mother's Day I exercised afterwards and had a light breakfast and dinner and only went up +.2. While Father's Day I ate but did not follow my previous plan and the scale was up +1.8.

I just hate that I am so strict with myself that I don't want to become OCD about it and miss family events because of it or don't want to suck the joy out of everything with my WOE. Still contemplating what to do and the same for Christmas Eve dinner. If worst comes to worst I can just do a FF day or eat only protein the day after and take care of any gains. But then I also am scared to gain...
Just a thought, but I've been LC for many thanksgivings...there are loads of yummy, easy LC recipes that you could make and would fit your low carb plan. The 2 that came to mind in reading your menu are pumpkin cheesecake and twice baked cauliflower, both are really high fat and totally delicious!! I've made them for years and the non-LCers in my group fight me for them! Like you mentioned, even if well intentioned and LC we'll likely see a bump the next day. Fixing it right away is the key . Like you always do, btw. Hope you can enjoy the day with your family and not worry. .
Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm good to go if there's turkey around... turkey, veggies & salad. Nobody cares what's on my plate, as long as I'm eating & they get what they want. Everyone's used to me not eating dessert, so I'm drinking my coffee...
Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ! Up +1.8 to 130.6 but tom is almost here. Overnight I think the extra water weight went to my chest So that explains the mood, cravings for Thanksgiving foods and constipation. Hopefully it just comes asap so it can be over or almost over by Thanksgiving.

Oh well no other changes just lots of water and patience !!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.6 to 130.0. Waiting for tom but the few days before are always the worst. Did make myself do 20 min on the treadmill yesterday and glad I did since it improved my mood and energy. Today we have our office Thanksgiving pot luck but no cravings and only going to have turkey, ham and salad. Lots of work and trying to get things done before next week since I will only be in the office 2 days and then I am off for the holiday.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

I tell be nice to have some time off next week. Glad you're getting that endorphin reward from the exercise, makes it easier to stick with it! : up: hope you enjoy the potluck today at work,.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Got my tom today so that explains the gain but pretty good only +1.2 so that's a big improvement. We'll see tomorrow but not stressed since regardless it's all water weight & will be gone in a few days.

Here is where I am proud of myself. There was every conceivable carby thing on that table today. Actually 3 tables worth of food ! I had a serving of roasted turkey, a small serving of shredded pork and prepared a small salad with full fat dressing !! That's it no desserts, no breads, no carby casserole things and it was absolutely fine. Feels so good. Came home not stuffed like everyone else around me & treated myself to one of my favorite snacks pork rinds with sour cream.

Planning on doing the same for my Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Turkey, ham and salad. Dessert for me will be a splurge of a OMM made with flax and some berries with whipped cream !! It really was easy to make the right choices even with tom raging
Old 11-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job on the potluck! You're Ace'in it! Hope you TOM helps with the regularity issue... sure comes around, hey?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.4 to 128.6. Didn't estimate my calories but I think around 1200 since I didn't finish my breakfast. I brought prosciutto, 2 hb eggs, brie and I just got very nauseous (thanks tom). Lunch time I felt better and had a normal dinner portion and snack.

Today back to my regular calories and regular routine. Just going to relax since with tom it's a pj's kinda day. Family bbq and I have a filet with my name on it
Old 11-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Down -.8 to 127.8 Calories were around 1630 with 68% fat, 10 carbs and 28 min on my treadmill. Today calories are a bit less and less carbs since I only had time to grab 3 bacon slices and run out the door. Lunch was rotisserie turkey breast from BJ's with full fat dressing. Dinner probably more of the same but with egg salad as a side.

Looking forward to a short work week before a nice few days off with the family. Wed. need to do my blood work for my annual physical. Then heading to son's school to volunteer at his school's annual Turkey bowl. Thursday Thanksgiving which is just us 3 plus my mother in law. Then Friday no black Friday shopping unless it's online and time to decorate for Christmas !! Sat after my mani/pedi it's time to head out to see the new Hunger games movie with the family. Not sure what to do on Sunday or Monday yet. Maybe will head out to a mall so we can enjoy the decorations and see if I can get my son to pose with Santa
Old 11-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Up +1.4 to 129.2 which seems to be my Monday back to work and up on the scale routine lol Let's see with the extra sleep I'll get starting on Wed through next Mon. if there is a difference. Tom still here so I really can't complain about the scale at all. Busy busy at work and getting ready for Thanksgiving though this year feels strange since it's all being picked up from a restaurant. Will be nice to relax a bit & actually enjoy the time with my family.

No other changes in the works - WOE is still the same. Feel pretty much satisfied and don't want to change anything up right now. Still planning on staying lc and on plan for Thanksgiving though there will be a few more carbs. Those will be coming from the salad and green beans not stuffing, mashed potatos etc. Not sure about dessert for me. I picked up a container of GY and that with a OMM made from flax with some berries is sounding pretty good right now.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Up +1.0 to 130.2. Came in yesterday 1480 in calories, 64 % fat & 8 carbs. Yesterday was my day off from exercise. Giving myself 2 days off a week so I have a chance to rest a bit and I'm noticing less aches and pains when I do that. Today back to the treadmill. Let's see what the week brings since I am off tomorrow until next Tuesday

No other changes in diet or exercise planned. Going to stick to what's working and try and relax a bit.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a fun & blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.2 to 129.0. My son's Turkey Bowl got cancelled due to the weather (lots of rain). So just a relaxing kind of day at home ! Watching movies and then some reading. Later today making sweet potato pies for the family and cleaning the house for Thanksgiving. It will just be the 3 of us since my mother in law is feeling under the weather so it will be a low key quiet holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving !!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy thanksgiving to you too! Enjoy a quiet and fun day!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Happy thanksgiving to you too! Enjoy a quiet and fun day!
You too Julie !!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.0 to 128.0. Seems my body really likes the extra sleep. Came in at 1550 in calories, 62 % fat, 5 carbs and 30 min on the treadmill. Today had my bacon and eggs for breakfast. Plan to stick to on plan foods but up the carbs with green beans and salad. Will do my treadmill as well.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with the family and now watching the Macy's Parade.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanks - giving day!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

up +1.2 to 129.2. So not funny but it is in a way. I was super good yesterday. I didn't even have dessert even on plan desserts. I had for B - eggs & bacon, L - turkey and a slice of ham with a small serving of green beans and a spoonful of cranberry. Dinner the same. I was pretty full so no real sacrifice but I didn't even taste the stuffing, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes or the sweet potato pies I made.

I even did my treadmill for 20 min ! I'm telling you I was so on plan it wasn't funny. After we ate we put up or Christmas tree and I did the inside decorations and we watched TV and had a great quiet Thanksgiving together. When I entered my calories this morning I barely broke 1000 calories !! For me eating too little is almost as bad as eating too much. The first thing when I saw the scale this morning I was "damn should of had that piece of pie after all" But I am glad I was on plan and had no guilt or felt sick this morning.

So today back to normal calories and my regular eating. Off to do my mani/pedi and then back home to put the outside lights and decorations up.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
Pandora, I do not post very much but wanted you to know that I read your journal everyday and am in awe of your weight loss and maintenance journey. I have a HCG round planned for January and then I will do my best to follow your example. I know that each of us is different but reading about your ups and downs helps me to know I can do this. Thanks again. Sherri

Last edited by slimstuff; 11-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: forgot a word
slimstuff is offline   Reply With Quote