Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Jacque - WOW that dress is amazing and you are so HOT in it girl! You are right, we all seem to NEVER be satisfied where we are , no matter how small it is!

Exercise it into submission, now that is a good one!
Thanks Monica - not my style anymore anyway. Like a more classic look these days. Sometimes more is more. Or at least more forgiving of any lump, bump or tan line.

Weighed after my nap this a.m. and was back down to 167.6 - so the scale gave up without much struggle - or exercise. LOL And I'd had breakfast and about 5 cups of coffee yet! Am having a VERY salty piece of leftover deepdish pepperoni pizza now, so am sure I'll see 169 tomorrow again. The only exercise I feel like doing right now is with my mouth. Actually am not that hungry today. Would like to not be snacking before dinner anyway, it's nice to be at just the sweet spot of hungry before eating - food just tastes so much better that way!
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Day 59 - 168.8 - goal free (except getting a 400 cal burn today)

Measured the waist again this a.m. since it looked even more dent-y / hourglass-y than it did the last time - like just a few days ago. Woot - another 1/2 inch off!

I'm burning my clothes bridges as I go along. One clothing item that's too large is going bye bye and one previously too small item coming back into the closet per day. There will be no option to re-gain this time.

Except the baggy sweaters for winter. I like wearing those around the house.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
another 1/2 inch is GREAT ! NO OPTIONS is a great way to look at it! I am looking forward to my hoodie's and sweaters! I wish the temps would hurry up and become FALLish!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to fall Monica. We've been having a wonderful Indian summer here. Sometimes on Halloween, it's so cold the kids can't really go out (-30C or lower) and sometimes you could wear a toga without a coat. We get a lot of chinooks and the mountains cause strange weather patterns.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Day 60 - 168.0 - messed up DD

Cheddar popcorn (unknown quantity) + movie. Enough said. Will undo the water retention damage with a lower carb up day today since I'd like to be back on track for the Sept goals .

Dieting EOD and trying to stick to a low DD number is kind of a pain when making meals for a family. But so is eating low carb. Lower cal dieting every day isn't bad but really no dieting method is fun. The positive about constant lower calorie dieting is that you don't seem to have to think about what you're eating or not eating all the time like it seems you do with JUDDD - or maybe that's just me?

The boys are getting mashed potatoes and swedish meatballs tonight. I'll probably succumb to a small portion - which is ok.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Day 62 - 3rd time insomnia / early waking - maintenance break?

Third time this month. In bed by 10:30 and fell asleep fine but woke up at 2:30.

I think the body / hormones or something is telling me it's time for a maintenance break. And I can't afford to have my hormone levels go wonky again.

I've never had early waking issues while being on a diet before. Never had insomnia at all that I can recall. Only have early waking when I've been stressed out about work. And I'm not usually dieting at the same time as I'm stressed / busy at work since I can't seem to focus on more than 2 things at once. And I have nothing to be stressed out about - even the stock market is doing fine. Not sure why it's happening now, and not at the beginning??

So anyway, I will take a little break here for the next week or so and rule in or out the EOD eating pattern as the issue.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #97

What movie did you see?

Enjoy your break girl? Will you be doing maintenance or just eating to comfort?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Hey Monica - It was a British murder mystery - can't even remember the name!

I'm just going to try to eat regularly (not counting calories or anything). Maybe try and step up my exercise a little bit but not much on a more consistent basis. I hesitate to do the maintenance level of JUDDD calories because if it's even 2000/1000 and an average of 1500 calories a day, I lose weight at that level. And that's not far from what I'm doing now of about 2000/800 or so. So will try to just eyeball it around 1800-2000/day, which seems to be around my natural appetite level (without potato chips - lol). Basically 2-3 meals a day of about 400-800 apiece and a small p.m. snack and/or small dessert or glass of wine with dinner. That's how I've maintained in the past when I didn't have a problem maintaining without counting. Nothing revolutionary! LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 of 9 maintenance - night weight 169.8

What I ate:

~ 4-7 a.m. Chili (300) and coffee cream (100)
10 a.m. 1 piece toast with butter (100)
12 p.m. mashed potatoes with swedish meatballs & 1/4 fun-size kitkat (500)
3 p.m. roast peas (100)
4-6 2- 4 oz glasses of wine (200)
6 - one potato skin, snap peas, 1/8 Mr. Big (300) - what's up with the chocolate today??
7 - 1/2 hamburger patty (200)

Total: ~ 1800
Exercise - dog park walking, 1 hour or so

Trying to maintain 168 and maybe see 167 on the scale just for giggles.

It has occurred to me that the early waking could be menopause related - I was very hot when I woke up last night. No TOM for 44 days.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 of 9 - maintenance - weight 168.0

Gain/loss: (0.4)
This is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Also had a mini Trix last night for no apparent reason. No hunger or craving for it. Probably just wondering about why I was eating chocolate when I haven't wanted any in a long time - made me want to eat more chocolate. Although I must have been thinking about it when I originally bought it - however long ago that is - couple of weeks? Another 80 calories, so rounding up the day, total at ~ 2000-ish cal because I also dipped a few snap peas into the spinach dip my son was eating for no apparent reason and didn't count it. My app shows maintenance for me at this weight at 2024 calories/day.

At 130, my maintenance calories should be somewhere around 1560/day (not counting exercise). So something like 5:2 should be do-able to maintain when I get down there since I'm looking at about 11,000 calories per week at 130 (130*12=10920) with 5 days at 2000 and 2 at 500 for a total of 11,000 per week. And that's not considering exercise at all. Using 5:2 right now and a little bit of exercise, I should lose about a pound a week doing it - seems about right. Using EOD, it would be closer to 1.5#/week.

After next maintenance week, there's 13-ish weeks until Christmas though and I really wanted to see 149 on the scale by then and then maintain that over xmas - so 20 pounds down is required or 1.5#/week.

Although an easier route would probably be cutting out 1/2 the wine and all of the chocolate. Too bad I ordered a new wine kit last week to make some red for Christmas gifts (and me). Oops.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 of 9 maintenance - weight 168.0

Gain/loss: 0.0
Total gain/(loss) on maintenance: (0.4)

Zzzzzz.... Boring is good! Sleep is good too.

We're having baby back ribs tonight though and if that doesn't cause a little temporary bump up on the scale, I'll be surprised. But they're worth it.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #102

OH Ribs are SOOO Worth it. My entire family loves them. We try not to have them often as they are too good to walk away from.

OH what fun is life without Wine and Chocolate. I have really cut back on my wine consumption, but there is no reason to completely cut it out. LIFE is meanted to be LIVED and ENJOYED! You make your own????
Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Day 4 of 9 - maintenance, weight 169.8

Gain/loss + 1.8
Total gain/loss = +1.4

Oops. Yes, there were not only baby backs but potato chips involved. Also 2 vodka with Mio. The trinity of evil foods. Can handle one of any of them in small amounts, but not all three together.

Temperature is back up to normal - whew! Except feeling so hot at night isn't pleasant but I've always been that way so at least it's normal.

Damage control day today.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OH Ribs are SOOO Worth it. My entire family loves them. We try not to have them often as they are too good to walk away from.

OH what fun is life without Wine and Chocolate. I have really cut back on my wine consumption, but there is no reason to completely cut it out. LIFE is meanted to be LIVED and ENJOYED! You make your own????
I don't really care for chocolate much anymore, so don't know what's up with that?!? We've had a bag of those little Lindt squares (really quite good quality chocolate) here for a couple of months and none of us eat them?? So I don't know why I was eating relatively not as good chocolate bars or teeny portions of chocolate bars.

I haven't made ribs for maybe 3 months, so don't feel bad about that AT ALL.

Alcohol in general is much more expensive up here in Canada compared to where you are Monica and wine you make runs about $2/bottle - maybe a little less - vs comparable quality of $10-15+/bottle in the store. What I'm going to try to do this next time is bottle some of it in 8-12 ounce containers so there's a natural limit, KWIM? I think I creep up too easily w/the portion sizes on that kind of thing. Not sure how I'm going to find 1/2 sized bottles, but will try.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #105

OH those Lindt Squares are delicious!!!!!!!!!

I see, I live at Trader Joe's and their 2 Buck chuck wine! We buy them by the case. Really good wine for $2.99 a bottle! LOVE IT SO!!!!!!!!!

Smaller bottles is a good idea. Not sure it would stop me! When the wine flows, for me, it tends to flow easy and quick!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Smaller bottles is a good idea. Not sure it would stop me! When the wine flows, for me, it tends to flow easy and quick!
I don't know if it would stop me either! Maybe just out of sheer laziness - like if I put the excess in the basement or garage or something.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Day 5 of 9 maintenance - 170.4 - is it hot in here or is it just me?

Gain/loss: +0.6
Total gain/loss: +2.4

Wow, have I been boiling! Slept from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. this morning - AND didn't even wake up naturally, the youngest had to come in and wake me up.

I swear I did NOT overeat yesterday. Can't really recall what I *did* eat, but there was no alcohol and no pigs OR pork involved. Oh right, I had some herb and garlic shrimp (5 I think?), a bit of 3-cheese pasta (and I do mean a "bit" - like a 2 inch square), 1 c. bowl of CC/GY mix, snap peas with a low cal GY/spinach/kale dip, frozen grapes and ... ?? Surely that's not all I ate? Water retention... sigh...

I was thinking about the sleeping problems and maybe what I should have done and will do in future was lower the variation or swing between DD's and UD's. And the eating just lunch thing obviously doesn't work for me sleep wise. Maybe it would if all you did was come home at night and sit in front of the TV and didn't have a dog that likes his early evening walks and a kid that likes to play active Wii games with you in the evening. But since we don't even have cable, that's not gonna happen. I was burning up pretty much everything that I ate on DD's.

I thought that I did decrease the swing by eating more to compensate for exercise on DD's but maybe it wasn't enough. I was also thinking that it's probably not a good thing if I continue to look at 2000 calories a day as a "normal" amount. It won't be normal when I'm at goal weight, it will be ~30% more than I should be eating.

So maybe something like this would work:
DD1 - 800 (fast 5 window of 1-6 p.m.?)
UD1 - 1600
DD2 - 800
UD2 - 1600
DD3 - 800
UD3 - 2000 (restaurant/social event limit)
MD1 - 1200

Re. the whole sirtuin thing - I'm not fussed about that and the calorie swing itself seems to be irrelevant according to the research. Exercise induces sirtuins and so does general calorie restriction. If varying your calories causes you to restrict them more easily, then you've got the benefits of CR probably about the same as if you went on a constant CR diet.

What I do want is the (admittedly) small amount of muscle maintenance that occurs with IF. And to train myself to cut down and do a high protein / low calorie day whenever my weight creeps up. Like now.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #108

Let me know how that goes. Looks like you are working the numbers to see what works!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Let me know how that goes. Looks like you are working the numbers to see what works!
Hey Monica, I didn't have enough data before I started wearing my fitbit and seeing that I was generating quite a large calorie burn some days. It didn't seem like I was doing that much?? More often on DD's because I was trying to stay out of the house and keep busy / away from food. Which is apparently a mistake! Definitely a trial by error.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Day 6 of 9 - maintenance - weight 169.4 - easing back in

Gain/(loss): - (1.0)
Total gain/(loss): + 1.4

Daily calorie budget = 2040 (really 1895 per fitbit)
- food calories consumed 909 (83g protein - shouldn't have had bacon on that salad)
= 1131 calories under daily budget (closer to 1000 when considering true burn which factors in being a lazy bum)

Was deliberately lazy yesterday apart from yard work and even made the kid walk the dog for a change. Also played cards after dinner with him instead of doing something more active.

So... was thinking that maybe I just move all but necessary exercise to up days and try not to go over 1000 daily burn on a net basis. No duh, quite obvious solution.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Day 7 of 9 maintenance - 169.6 - thinking about intuitive eating

Gain/loss: +0.2
Total gain/loss: +1.6

Read a good book on intuitive eating yesterday called The Overfed Head. I don't know that I agree with him on a couple of things since I also have quite a few friends (sub 110 pounds) that have never had a weight problem, so would be called "naturally thin". I think it's a myth that they don't somewhat restrict mentally because they do.

One thing they have in common is that most, but not all of them - don't have children. Although my mother had 8 children and never got above 130 or so her whole life and only went on one diet one time. She also gave me a little lecture that I was going to have a monstrous baby when I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with my oldest and told me she never gained more than 14 pounds at the most with any of us and came out of the hospital wearing the same clothes she wore before she got pregnant. But I digress.

Almost all of them exercise an hour or more a day. They go running at lunch, walk several miles to work, do things like bootcamps and go skiing, golfing or hiking on weekends.

All of them, when they come back from holiday and gain a couple of pounds, jump on that gain right away. But they usually go on very active holidays - hiking Machu Picchu, golfing or skiing. If they go to an all-inclusive, they're out diving or snorkeling or exploring every day.

All of them do somewhat naturally "deprive" themselves. All of them eat lower fat pretty much all the time - no plate of baby backs and fries (but they'll steal a couple of yours). They will share an appetizer of chicken wings but will only have a couple. All of them eat really quite small amounts and they eat regularly at meal times. None of them are "finishers" / "clean the plate" people. And they don't formally go on a diet.

Basically they do what I used to do when I maintained my weight at 125 pounds with no herculean effort but constant, every day, every meal mindfulness.

I was out with one of my skinny friends window shopping at lunch about a year ago. She was horrified that her stomach had bloated (unnoticeable to me) a bit and her size 00 pants were tight (she's 37 y.o., 105# and 5'4") and asked ME - walking beside her with 40-50 pounds to lose - how to lose her 3 or 4 little pounds of excess that made her look so horrible.

I don't know exactly what she did to lose it, but she did. I think she just stuck with fish, chicken, salad and fruit for a week. Sounds like a good intuitive eating DD to me with a little beef added in since I'm not Hindu like she is.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #112

Interesting stuff girl! Sorry your Mom was so blunt with you. Mom's do the best they can!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Interesting stuff girl! Sorry your Mom was so blunt with you. Mom's do the best they can!
LOL - no, it was okay. She was worried that I'd be like my grandmother who believed in eating for two when pregnant, not thinking that one of them wasn't very big. And had 10-12 pound babies - having my uncle even broke her pelvis! My boys were 7.9 and 6.3 and both overdue, so no big babies here.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Day 8 of 9 maintenance - weight 168.6 - un-maintenance maintenance??

Beef in the morning, chicken and a cheese string in the afternoon and 2 tilapia fillets for dinner fried in a little butter. Yum I LOVE tilapia! Oh, and I stole a couple bites of my son's Edo sukiyaki beef. And had a couple of side salads and snap peas.

I'd run out of lower calorie salad dressing so mixed some greek yogurt spinach and kale dip with water for the salads and it turned out really yummy and gave a nice sort of tangy flavor to it.

Only got just over 12k steps for the day so came in at a total of 2200 burn for the day but I also forgot to put fitbit on for awhile in the morning so that's understated but still ok. I don't think I had more than a 1500 calorie deficit anyway for the day which is the maximum deficit I'd be ok with going to on a DD. Slept well. Yay!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Finding my sweet spot I think

Went to the mall today to buy youngest his birthday present. We also bought a few things at the Gap - 2 horizontal stripey long sleeve sweaters for me and one thermal type for him. Boy, do horizontal stripes in clingy knit fabric really accentuate curves! I honestly had no idea how va-voomy they are.

B: couple of strips of bacon, small bowl of chili
L: 1/2 spicy beef pad thai - leftovers brought home
Snack: 100 cal pack of disgustingly sweet thinsations candy type popcorn - will NOT be buying that again!
D: 2 wings from rotisserie chicken (dog got skin - just too rich), veggie spring roll from Thai place

I wasn't hungry at all today except a bit for breakfast and sort of regret eating the whole veggie roll. If I'd saved half, I could have had it again the day after tomorrow! I did some digging and found out that the pad thai runs about 1130 calories so that's kind of a diet buster. No wonder I usually only want to eat 1/3-1/2 of it. When I would get it for work, I'd usually eat it over the course of 3 days. I think the veggie spring roll is about 180 - but the peanut sauce is like 200! Good thing I didn't eat all the peanut sauce. Actually I did feel like I over-ate in general today, I prefer being a little hungry before I eat and never felt that particular sweet spot except for in the morning. I'll try to be more mindful next time. Restaurant food can be so tricky.

No idea what my calories are for the day and don't really care. The DD nourishes my muscles/body and the UD nourishes my love of good food. Well, so does the DD since I really like what I eat those days, just don't want to eat clean like that every single day for months on end - and the rest of my life. I think I'm hitting a groove here of feeling (literally!) out the right way of eating - for me.

I got an email today asking me to come back to where I worked at my last contract job for a couple of months to help out on a project. I'm thinking about it and will probably do it since it's kind of boring to not work in the winter. Funny that one of the first things I thought about was "how will I work my UD/DD's around being back at work?" I'm not a big going out for lunch person, so I don't think it will be too difficult and might even be easier.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quick change of plan

As I realize I do not have any size 12 suits since I gave them all away in my "burn your clothing bridges" episode. And if this work contract goes through, I'll have to fit into my size 8 jackets and size 10 pants/skirts in like 10 days. RFL to the rescue since it worked like gangbusters for me last time. Start tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Woot! Size 10's fit!

I might just keep going until I get into my 8's. Although most of my clothes - the really, really nice ones are a size 4 or 6.

Yay that the scale is showing that I've GAINED muscle mass.

That's what happens when you eat over 120 g of protein a day, quit doing so much cardio and lift as hard as you can. Another 1/2 inch down in the waist with no scale movement.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #118

Keep it up girl! You are doing really well!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Monica! I'm so excited!!! I saw 30.7% bodyfat today - a huge drop from where I was in just 4 days. Just so tickled over that. New low weight, but whatever. That's so subject to water that I don't worry about the pounds.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Well hello stranger!

TOM came for a visit today after being absent for the last 2 months. I don't think it was JUDDD that caused the absence of Tom, just peri-menopause stuff. But I am kind of glad to see him again. Now I just hope he doesn't stick around long.

Interesting that my waist / abdomen measurements decreased so much despite Tom bloating.

Decided that once I hit 160, I'm going to go back to EOD - "bodybuilder style" for a couple of months. Then push to get into my size 8's in December. Hopefully I won't have to push too hard.