Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Log of DD recipe - potato skins etc. etc.

Today's lunch will hit the macro spot.

B - 3 T half and half in coffee (need to buy HWC)
Lunch:
3 potato skins (I leave a fair amount of flesh so will make that 3 not 2)
2.5 slices cheese
3 T bacon bits
2 T sour cream
1/2 T butter
2 slices turkey breast
romaine
1/2 c grapes

Macros - 803 calories, 45 g fat, 59.5g carb, 42.1 g protein

Will slip some cucumber in there later I think.

I want to make a log of a variety of meals that fit the macros properly. I do tend to eat some of the same things over and over (especially breakfast where I'm not too creative.) Will also need to figure out restaurant meals that fit the macros - or come close anyway. Hmm. It's somewhat interesting that a fast food hamburger is almost perfect on the macros... Too bad I don't eat at those places very often.

Since I'm still full from yesterday (stomach is still making creepy noises at almost noon), I'm aiming to eat sometime around 1:30 p.m. today. Will go out immediately after and walk the dog / take him swimming in these last gasps of summer. Goal is 10k steps today. That's generally the level I have to get to to start generating exercise calories on my app. Will work out a bit this evening with weights - just a basic upper body day but focusing on back and chest.

Last edited by jacquelinejolie; 09-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: added food
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday's hiking menu

806 calories as follows:
3T 1/2 & 1/2: 60
3 servings pork jerky: 270
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds: 310
Biggest plum I've ever seen: 46
2 cheese strings: 120

Macros: 45g fat, 59.5g carbs, 42.1g protein
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Oldest son is joining in the experiment - beginning stats

Somewhere over 6' tall - maybe 6'1"?, 218.6 pounds fully clothed, 25 yo
24.1% BF, 52.8% water, 35.6% muscle, 6.4 bone pounds

Likely status is dehydrated since he was out until 4 a.m. with friends last night although he seemed chipper this morning. And he's going over to a friend's place for "political drinking discussions" tonight (whatever that means) so will probably be dehydrated tomorrow and difficult to wake up to eat. Since he doesn't like to eat in the morning, I'm going to force feed him at lunch and dinner on UD's.

The selling point was telling him that a double baconator fit the macros perfectly for a DD lunch (for him since he's got a physically active job). Hold the fries.

I did not attempt to suggest that he curtail his social life for the diet.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Day 50 - waaayyy under budget

Couldn't resist sampling the taco meat I made for supper for the boys. And 1.5 oz of wine. Calories came in at 898, 47.6 fat, 64.4 carb, 44.7 protein.
Budget of 2043 - 898 food - 603 exercise = 1748 under budget, will probably end up closer to 1800 under budget at the end of the day. Not sure if that's too much of a deficit or if I should increase food intake on DD's??? Will carry on like I usually do, wait a couple of weeks and see if it's negatively affecting muscle %'s.

Felt far better today than I think I've ever felt on a DD. Even now, ~ 8 hours after eating, I'm a little bit hungry but not really. But exercise almost always blunts my appetite, then it comes roaring back. Which is good because I've got a BLT and a couple of eggs lined up for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Fitbit totals were:
15,254 steps
1 h 39 min very active

Intended to lift weights but got sucked into a dance competition with the youngest after dinner. Not really intending or wanting to do that much cardio on DD's but I had a ton of energy. Guess the increased fat helps?

I didn't think I was that "very active" anyway. I ran for awhile on the dog's walk only because it was so hot I wanted to get him home to some shade.

Shooting for 2000 (or budgeted) calories tomorrow, but if I'm hungry am eating more.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Day 51 - goal 170.8, actual 168.6

BF 09/01 at 32.3%, BF 09/02 at 31.9%

I couldn't believe the BF drop which came out at 31.8% first time so stepped on again after a few minutes and got 0.1% higher, so I took the higher number. Highest scale drop since the beginning I think. Am concerned that it dropped me into the 114's for BF, but it's just way too early to make generalizations there and I'd stop any cardio exercise (other than walking the dog) as my first to-do rather than change the WOE. Some LBM loss is normal on most diets since it's not really muscle but connective tissue, water, blah blah. My water % was up 0.5% and at a new high. I think it's only the uncharacteristically large drop in scale weight that caused the presumed LBM drop.

Went to bed about 11-ish and could not sleep. That's not normal for me, I have early waking when I'm anxious about things but it's lights out in 5 minutes flat normally. Was up until 3 a.m. - and I heard the oldest getting into the taco chips and spinach dip at about 2 - so we had a lively conversation - or I did, he just agreed with everything I said because he was tired. Sigh... I don't think men are very good at sticking to diets. Oh well, he doesn't really need to like I do.

I felt freezing cold to my core (mostly back) starting about midnight or so last night yet my hands were warm and feet cold. Yelled out to the youngest asking if it was cold or warm in the house. He replied that it was HOT. I put on another blanket anyway. I think it was 29C yesterday and my window wasn't open. My skin felt very hot to the touch yet I wasn't sweating - just weird.

Anyway, slept in and missed my morning eating window of 6-8 a.m. It was the youngest's turn to make breakfast and he could only fit 5 pieces of bacon for me on the George Foreman so that's all I got on my BLT.

Will update with the macros etc. at COB. First time I've ever made crockpot chili (and used regular ground beef at that!) and didn't drain off quite all the fat. I'm hoping that by doing that I don't have to eat as much volume yet what I eat will stay and make my tummy happy tonight.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Tummy still feeling strange - need to become re-fat-adapted

Just more gurgly than before but if I stick with higher fat on both UD's and DD's I think it will go away. Deliberately not doing any exercise today - in fact, had a nap. Felt pretty yucky all day long.

Food was/is:
B: Cream in coffee, BLT w/full fat mayo (703)
L: Banana, hamburger patty w/ketchup, lettuce & bean sprout salad w/greek feta dressing (510)
D: Chili w/lots of beans and full fat sour cream, 1/4 cantaloupe (702)

Total of 1915 and am under the 2028 budget by 113. Well, would you look at that. 4 1/2 ounces of red wine is 112 calories. How fortunate.

Macros are F: 99.1g, C: 153.9g, P: 107.2g
Protein average over 2 days is ~75 g. Perfect.

Since I haven't had this issue sleeping in the last 7 weeks of doing JUDDD - AND have gone lower in calories on DD's but never closed off the kitchen before 2 p.m., IF it happens again, I'm saving about 100-200 calories for evening. Or will experiment with how much shuts off the starvation / hyper-alert response. Wanting to stick to an experiment isn't reason enough for me to ignore body signals.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Sorry your felt back yesterday! Feeling better today???
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Day 52 - goal 170.6, actual 169.8 - below goal after an UD?

31.8% BF was a keeper today. Although I'll give it up for a lower number. So fickle. Probably just a whoosh a few days ago and I'll bounce up and stabilize again. Will try to stick 100% to the protocol today and give it one more chance before I mess with the timing. But will have something ready to eat in the right proportion if I find myself laying there like a zombie at bedtime with tired eyes and a racing mind again.

I figure that what they did in the study was just proportion things out like so:
1100 cal/meal x 3 on UD's and then 60% of one of those meals for a DD.

So I could use that kind of proportion with my pre-made meals of:
2000/d or ~ 666/meal x 3 and a DD lunch of 666 PLUS a night meal of ~ 200 as a sleep aid / exercise calorie eat-up. For medicinal purposes. I'd prefer to eat a little lighter at breakfast on UD's so could move ~ 200 of those calories to a pm or morning snack.

I wish I could be part of a study and be given all my food - like a drive through. Only free. Would still have to cook for the boys though, so what's the point? The youngest was oohing and aahing over his "awesome" bacon this morning. I asked him to stop telling me how good it was. Poor little guy thought he was complimenting me but was really tormenting me. Four more hours... just four more hours.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Sorry your felt back yesterday! Feeling better today???
Pretty good Monica. I'm in some kind of peri-menopause purgatory these days so who knows what's going on? The doctors don't seem to anyway.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #70

OH I Hate the lumping of stuff into MINDLESS categories that they can neither determine or prove otherwise. For YEARS I was thrown in the IBS category till, on my own, I figured out it was Gluten and then went and requested the testing, sure enough, Celiac! Some DR's are pure evil!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #71

FEEL BETTER GIRL!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OH I Hate the lumping of stuff into MINDLESS categories that they can neither determine or prove otherwise. For YEARS I was thrown in the IBS category till, on my own, I figured out it was Gluten and then went and requested the testing, sure enough, Celiac! Some DR's are pure evil!
Kind of the same thing happened with me with having to figure it out on my own (thank heavens the internet exists!) - but I don't know if they're evil or just lazy and stupid. I had TOM pretty much straight - and very, very heavy - for 6+ months or so almost 4 years ago. I got an ultrasound, bloodwork etc. - nothing very abnormal - and they prescribed iron. That's like a bandaid over a bullet wound. It didn't make me any better and I was thisclose to needing blood transfusions. Finally I saw a doctor that prescribed a 7 day course of estrogen and voila, it stopped 2 days after I started taking it and I was normal again. Then this spring it happened again for a month and I went back, got an ultrasound again, got the bloodwork - no explanation. The new doctor refused to give me estrogen (she said it shouldn't have worked). OK. But it did work?!? Finally I researched it myself, took naproxen (Aleve) - bang, gone in 2 days. And hasn't come back! Woohoo! And I haven't gone back to any of the stupid doctors. I for menopause sometimes. LOL

But thank you, I'm feeling so much better. I know the anemia contributed to my weight gain too because I was just too tired to do anything but work. And too tired to cook or even think about what to cook. Some days just breathing was a struggle, so I don't take my health lightly anymore. That's also another reason why I have to eat - and specifically meat every day - to keep my iron up and not mess around too much with my hormones in case they rebel.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

End of day 3 experiment

Today was a very very good day. Had a bowl of chili with sour cream at about noon-ish and went walking / hiking this afternoon. About 7 p.m., I had the cantaloupe that I forgot that I was supposed to have at lunch (23 cals so very minor) and also a bowl of SF jello with about 1/4-1/3 cup of vanilla yogurt. I wasn't hungry, but I really don't want that night wakefulness again. All together, it was about 100 cal.

I want to go back to not counting on up days. I'm forcing myself to eat my "prescribed amount" when I am really not hungry for all of it and don't want it. Most of the time I want to stop at about half but I force myself to finish it. But OTOH, I'm using my fitbit now and I like having it synced with my calorie app. What I've done in the past is set up a meal/food called "WT*" (kind of "who knows what I ate and does it really matter but I think it was about x calories?") Yet it would be sort of interesting to track my true appetite.

The women in the study weren't forced to eat everything - they were allowed to bring food back uneaten and that would be calculated. Although if it was me, my boys would probably eat the leftovers.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #74

I have to count every single thing I put in my mouth! I hate it and it gets BORING, but after so much time, I know what most foods have in them. If left to my own devices, I would eat well PAST my 1900c limit for Up days! As I stated, any bag of chips is a SINGLE SERVING for me, no matter how HUGE the bag is!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Day 53 - goal 170.4, actual 168.0 - and the gap widens

Well, at least I know how to break a stall I guess. Except I wasn't stalled to begin with. High(er) fat and calories for the win.

Also had a 5 oz glass of wine about 1/2 hour before bed. Slept like a baby - and not a colicky baby. Shouldn't have done that and it probably dehydrated me a little bit but... not sure that it did since my water measurement on the scale went up by about the same amount the BF % went down.

Per app yesterday: Budget calories (wt x 12) = 2028 - 944 food + 413 exercise = 1497 calories under for the day.

I set up an excel worksheet to compare estimated loss vs. actual loss using the method. So far this month based on calorie intake/expenditure, I "should" have lost 1.8 pounds and have lost 2.8. Not enough data or time yet to be meaningful though. And that's after a down day so it's unnaturally low.

BF% has decreased 0.9% in the last 4 days. Not very hungry this morning yet but have to make breakfast for the youngest in 1/2 hour anyway, so will eat with him then. Today I will lift weights before dinner - or while dinner is cooking. Just have to make sure I cook something that takes slightly more than 45 minutes. I've been known to burn things.

I think I forgot to feed the dog yesterday. Oh well, the vet said he should lose a few pounds anyway.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have to count every single thing I put in my mouth! I hate it and it gets BORING, but after so much time, I know what most foods have in them. If left to my own devices, I would eat well PAST my 1900c limit for Up days! As I stated, any bag of chips is a SINGLE SERVING for me, no matter how HUGE the bag is!
I think everyone must be so different Monica - and you are taller than I am, younger and so much closer to your goal weight. That might affect appetite levels since you have less fat to draw on than I do? I totally . If it's real food, and especially this higher fat version I'm doing, I get really, really - REALLY full. Honestly, I have never put hamburger grease in a chili dish before - at least not on purpose. Back in my low fat days, I used to rinse the stuff with water! I think if I was eating more carbs (like low fat / high sugar cereals), I would be hungrier too. Just a guess.

And don't even get me going on the chips - definitely I can chow down an entire LARGE bag to myself in an evening - after dinner even - and not feel bloated. Or if I was, I'd ignore it and keep going. LOL
Old 09-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Update - Tuesday, Sep 3 macros

Forgot to write that down - 31.7g fat, 77.6 g carbs, 58.7 g protein
Averaging this week: 83 g of protein per day, 117 g carbs and 65 g of fat
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #78

OH I agree, chips, don't make me full....they just are crunchy goodness!!!!!!!!!

How are you girl??? It's FRIDAY-EVE
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Day 54 - goal 170.2, actual 167.8 - goal is starting to look silly

Ate more to appetite yesterday and tried to stick firstly to protein + fat and then carbs. Only wanted to finish 1/2 of my lunch so that's what I did. But it was SO hot out, DS25 had to work late and I didn't want to fire up the oven to cook the chicken and potato skins and those frozen grapes were SO good. Then I got into the other grape - ie. wine and 3 glasses later... Grrr. Oh, also had about 3 bites of the end of the birthday cake and DS12 got the rest and had a cheese string, leftover chicken drum and greek yogurt for dinner - all nice and cold. The cake wasn't very good - but it was cold!

I have to learn to not drink wine while playing Just Dance. Or at least remember to have a big glass of water there so I'm not drinking the wine out of thirst. Duh. Am happy to report that I got 5 stars on Livin' La Vida Loca!

Anyway, macros were 67.3 fat, 174.3 carb, 87.2 protein. Total calories of 1977, only 153 exercise calories for a net of 1,824 on a 2,024 budget.

According to my handy dandy excel worksheet, I "should" have lost 0.95 pounds based on calorie intake so far this month, and have lost 3.0. Again, not enough data. Probable wine and sweat dehydration on an UD. Oh well, will just keep chugging (not chugging wine hopefully) along on this WOE and try to give it a good (and only occasionally pathetic) effort for a month. Will stick to under 600 cal for lunch (pumpkin seeds (310) and pork jerky (270)) and try not to eat in the evening but have a SF jello and yogurt handy just in case the insomnia hits again.

Have lost about an inch on my waist and more than 1.5 inches on my abdomen since the beginning of September. Hauled out the measuring tape because I could actually SEE the difference in the mirror this morning in my "stubborn belly fat". I think that's more inches than I lost in the 7 weeks prior. But I don't keep track of it much, prefer the mirror or jeans test. My sports bras are creeping up over the girls too which don't seem to have gone down, so it looks like the back fat is disappearing too. And my underwear is getting baggy in the rear and hips down too. Shakira was right, the hips don't lie! (Less water retention in hip area, unlike waist/abdomen). Squee!!

High of 28C today, so I think we're going to the mountains hiking for one last time before fall hits. Nice to go this time of year - almost no tourists. Maybe I can finally get a bunch of floors recorded on the fitbit. Sometimes living in a bungalow isn't a good thing.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OH I agree, chips, don't make me full....they just are crunchy goodness!!!!!!!!!

How are you girl??? It's FRIDAY-EVE
Oh, I had a small bag (210 cal) yesterday - oops, my bad. Funny how I can keep them in the house for a month + in small bags and not get into them but if there's an open big bag, I can't stop myself.

Doing great today! Hope I get a nice picture of where we're hiking today that I can post tomorrow. If I figure out how to do that since some/most pics don't seem to come through. I couldn't even get my face in an avatar??? But a pic of the dog came through ok??
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

120 floors and 21000+ steps and 2h 42 min "very active"

And the dog is half dead from exhaustion. Woot! I'm feeling fine and could have gone for another couple of hours although my dog was semi-attacked by another dog on the trail and I (stupidly) moved in to protect my boy and fell onto a log - got a few scrapes and am sure I'll feel it tomorrow. Fortunately it was at the end of the hike.

Cream in coffee for breakfast and a Wendy's single bacon deluxe with fries for lunch. 1091 exercise calories so far and 1170 food. Although I didn't have the whole bun - not sure how to adjust for that. Probably immaterial.

On a budget of 2,023 - 1,170 food + 1,091 exercise, that's a net of 79 calories. I honestly think I could have done without the fries. Good to know for next time or when we go X-C or downhill skiing this winter. Only 670 for the burger - that could easily be a whole DD meal / DD day for me in the future. Macros are pretty close and I could just take off one of the bun halves and add some other meat in. We like eating on the hill when we go skiing and their bison burgers are incredibly yummy.

Totals were 67g fat, 101g carbs, 43g protein. And I'm still stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Day 55 - goal 170.0, actual 168.2 - sodium swell and casein

I think the burger and fries had something like 2000 mg of sodium. Ring is so tight I don't think I could take it off with soap even. Will have a low sodium day today.

Woke up hungry at 4 a.m. Not sure if the hunger woke me up or the rain. The hunger kept me up anyway. Oh well, can have a nap today. And am glad we went hiking yesterday so can have a lazy day today.

I was thinking about activity etc. yesterday. I think what happens is that people in general think "oh, I exercised/walked for an hour and that's 300 calories" (or whatever). But we tend to forget about things like net calorie burn so it's not exactly 300 calories burned, more like 230. I don't start generating any exercise calories until I've put in about 6500 or so steps for the day. If I'm having a particularly lazy day and didn't walk the pup at all, I'd be hard pressed to get 4000 in. Some of that would be offset of course by a small increase in metabolic rate afterwards, but that's pretty minor. In every study I've ever read, if the environment is controlled, people always, always lose weight on hypocaloric diets. Makes me wonder how bad I am at estimating myself...

Read a good study on casein vs. whey:
We compare the effects of a moderate hypocaloric, high-protein diet and resistance training, using two different protein supplements, versus hypocaloric diet alone on body compositional changes in overweight police officers. A randomized, prospective 12-week study was performed comparing the changes in body composition produced by three different treatment modalities in three study groups.
One group (n = 10) was placed on a nonlipogenic, hypocaloric diet alone (80% of predicted needs).
A second group (n = 14) was placed on the hypocaloric diet plus resistance exercise plus a high-protein intake (1.5 g/kg/day) using a casein protein hydrolysate.
In the third group (n = 14) treatment was identical to the second, except for the use of a whey protein hydrolysate.
We found that weight loss was approximately 2.5 kg in all three groups.

Mean percent body fat with diet alone decreased from a baseline of 27 +/- 1.8 to 25 +/- 1.3% at 12 weeks. With diet, exercise and casein the decrease was from 26 +/- 1.7 to 18 +/- 1.1% and with diet, exercise and whey protein the decrease was from 27 +/- 1.6 to 23 +/- 1.3%. The mean fat loss was 2.5 +/- 0.6, 7.0 +/- 2.1 and 4.2 +/- 0.9 kg in the three groups, respectively.
Lean mass gains in the three groups did not change for diet alone, versus gains of 4 +/- 1.4 and 2 +/- 0.7 kg in the casein and whey groups, respectively. Mean increase in strength for chest, shoulder and legs was 59 +/- 9% for casein and 29 +/- 9% for whey, a significant group difference.

I used to make a pretty good casein-rich dessert:
1 (or 2) - 500 g tub cottage cheese (not dry)
1 (or 2) - 500 g tub yogurt (greek is best)
1 - can crushed pineapple, drained
1 - can diced peaches, drained (optional)
1 - package SF lemon jello
1 - package SF vanilla pudding (optional)
1/2-1 cup to taste - SF cool whip (optional) - whipped cream would probably be better but you have to eat it pretty quick.
Can blend the vanilla pudding with some cream or milk, the cottage cheese and yogurt and the jello powder and then add the fruits in after. You don't really need the cream or milk though.

Think I'll go grocery shopping and make a 1/2 gallon of it today.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #83

You always post so much valuable INFORMATION!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You always post so much valuable INFORMATION!!!!!!!
Monica, I'm just lazy. Trying to get the best results with the least amount of effort. If just changing what I eat (and not just how much) makes a big difference like that, it's worth it to me to make a change. And to not be too hungry but get the benefits of some level of hunger. I want other people to get the best results for them too. Just such a maze of information out there, sometimes it's hard to know what to do! It's especially hard when you see only a scale number and think "oh, eating nothing made me lose 3 pounds overnight! I need to keep doing that!" But it's not that simple unfortunately.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Casein pineapple "dessert"

I adjusted the recipe a little bit.

3 - 500 g tub - one of 9% greek yogurt, one 2% cottage cheese, one 2% greek yogurt
2- scoops roadside lemonade whey protein powder (replaced the SF lemon jello) - have also used crystal light lemon powder flavoring in the past but wanted to boost the protein
1 - can drained crushed pineapple
fresh peach (optional) - or canned/drained

Split into 4 tubs - right back into the yogurt/cottage cheese tubs plus another tupperware container. Total macros for 1/8 serving (1/2 a tub) = 200 cal., 7.7 g fat, 13 g carb, 24 g protein

Next week, will test for satiety for 1.5 of a serving at ~ noon, and another 1.5 serving at about 3 p.m. Nice and handy DD servings anyway - perfect for work or on the go.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Day 56 - goal 169.8, actual 167.6 - 15.8 pounds in 8 weeks

Lost track of what I ate yesterday but it was just a normal amount at normal meal times. Lasagna for dinner, a couple of chicken wings, a serving of the cottage cheese/yogurt stuff for snack. Just ate to appetite which wasn't that big. Today is a DD that's going to be a moderate day where I will eat a small lunch of the CC/GY stuff since I'm going out with friends to a beer/nacho/chicken wing type joint this evening. I'll just pace the 105 pound, size 00 friend on the eating.

I was listening to a book on CD on the drive to the mountains the other day. The guy was discussing future vs. present thinking and how to disconnect ourselves from living in the future (something that I've been bad with before). Like "things will be SO great when I weigh 130" kind of thinking. Then you can't wait to get there and don't really enjoy the journey like you could. His solution was to make the present so compelling and fulfilling that the future can't really compare.

Tracking, experimenting and gathering data is (obviously) interesting to me. If I do X - what happens on the scale? Helping and encouraging others is fulfilling. Getting to try on new/old clothes that I love and have stored away in boxes or the spare room closet and seeing how close they are to fitting is quite fun. Weird to say it, but I'll miss doing that. The only solution will be to go shopping. Reading and researching about different studies and figuring out the best way to burn body fat is totally entertaining. This WOE is actually entertaining in and of itself - trying to figure out what to eat that follows certain macros and calories is fun. Seeing what happens on the scale every day is fun - even when it goes up. And the time passes and you look up and realize you've been doing it for 8 weeks and have lost almost 16 pounds (30% complete) without really noticing.

I figured out that if I lost at the same rate that I have been, I would reach goal by Jan. 11 - 19 more weeks. My original plan was April 6th which I think is more reasonable and realistic. But even better timing would be March 22 since I'm going on holiday then which could double as a clothes shopping vacation. I just might get there with a couple of pounds to spare.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Day 57 - goal ??, actual 169.4 - changing the goal

Goal was 169.6 today but I've been ahead of the milestones for so long, I think it would be more motivating right now to make a stretch goal for the month of September. Something that makes me actually have to do some work for a change.

Went to dinner last night with a plus sized friend and a teeny tiny friend. We all shared an appy of sweet potato fries, the teeny had a quesadilla and took 1/2 home, the plus friend had pasta w/cream sauce and chorizo sausage, didn't have any left to take home. I had a Thai chicken wrap with side salad (with apparently no dressing but was supposed to be a raspberry vinaigrette so I'll assume there was a little something on there). I took 1/2 of my wrap home and picked off about 50% of the tortilla of the 1/2 that I did eat. Didn't eat all the salad which was very small anyway - because it tasted like pure arugula which is pretty blah. Man was I full.

I was trying to come close to 1500 or so but the coolers were a diet killer.
100 coffee cream
80 chicken drum, no skin
150 GY
660 coolers - should have had only 2 vodka and DC and saved myself 500 cals and a lot of sugar
300 1/2 wrap
100 salad
600? fries

Oh well, guess it was an official 2000 cal up day. A good time was had by all with good food (except that salad) that I didn't have to make and I didn't have to do the dishes either - and that's what's important. I do have to clean up the mess of the increased sodium with a good DD though.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

(Very little) black dress I loved - and lost

Inspired by a post about dresses... Here's a pic of me in a little black dress I just loved. Can't believe I thought I was fat then. It's like when I look at my nieces size 2 jeans and how they look like children's pants and realize - hey, at one time these would have been too big for me. And I thought I was fat when I wore them.
Don't know what you got til it's gone I guess.
Good thing there was a flash going on in the right spot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HR cafe.jpg (23.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Day 58 - goal 167.3, actual 169.4 - insomnia #2

Had a hard time falling asleep again last night. And then dear dear son woke me up at 3 a.m. by turning a little light on looking for something in another room.

I don't know if I could do this properly if I was working and actually had to be awake all day. I've never been able to fall back to sleep once I've been woken up so that's nothing new. Not sure why. Sure was a problem when the kids were babies though.

Ate a very large hamburger (patty only) at noon and then CC/GY and a peach at about 4 p.m. Eating that "late" (if you can call 4 p.m. late) should have prevented the insomnia but it wasn't too bad - maybe 40 minutes or so? - and I wasn't even hungry when I went to bed.

Rather ironic that I go and change the goal and then my weight goes up for inexplicable reasons. It's like my scale is saying to me - haha, you think you can control me do you?? I don't think so. Will have to exercise it into submission.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #90

Jacque - WOW that dress is amazing and you are so HOT in it girl! You are right, we all seem to NEVER be satisfied where we are , no matter how small it is!

Exercise it into submission, now that is a good one!