LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelfish220
Stats: 205/200.6/175
WOE: LC/17DD inspired
Start Date: 8/1/2013
Defying Gravity starting Aug 2013

Hello, My name is D. I'm starting this thread as a way for me to journal meals, feelings, and be accountable for my weight loss.

I come from a family of large people, in every sense of the word. My mother was probably the skinniest person in my family, but I'll get to her later. Two years ago my life was thrown upside down, and my diet reflected it. My mother was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer and I was in the process of trying to figure out what I wanted to do after high school. Fast forward a few months and a tornado hits my house. A few months later, my mother died. Needless to say my health wasn't on my to do list. Plus people are really nice and bring tons of comfort food when bad things happen. And you eat the comfort food. Fact of life. I decided to take a year off between high school and college to figure things out.

I was about 175/180 pound before this all happened. I wanted to diet, but my mother had fought with eating disorders for the majority of her adult life, and I was always afraid that if I dieted I would end up the same way, which isn't happy. Now I realize that this was more of an excuse. Last summer, before college, I started the 17 Day Diet. I was teetering on 199 and didn't want to cross the 200 mark. On the 17DD I got down to 178lbs before school. I managed to maintain this for a while, but institutional food got the better of me.

This summer I studied abroad for the the first time. European food. YUM! But Italy was not kind to my waistline.

Now I am at 205lbs. Boo. I'm hoping that this site will help be stay motivated at school. My 21st birthday is Feb 20th and I really want to be 175 or smaller. I want to be able to go out without feeling fat, or bloated. I want to feel sexy, and be able to flirt without making a fool of myself

Food Journal for today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with onions and peppers, side of salsa. blueberries.

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken salad (baked chicken breast, shredded, greek yogurt, hot sauce, onion, garlic powder, and pepper) Baked apple with cinnamon.

Dinner: Chicken breast, baked carrots.
angelfish220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Food Journal for today con't

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with onion and peppers, side of salsa, blue berries.

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Salad, baked apple with cinnamon

Dinner: Chicken breast, baked carrots, cabbage with marinara sauce

Snack: Plain greek yogurt with a 2 tsp of sugar-free strawberry jam

Overall, I cannot believe how much I am craving sweets already. Last year this time, I didn't give a second thought to desserts, but right now that is what I want. The yogurt helped a lot though. I walked this morning for a little less than a mile, and I'm going to walk a mile on the treadmill tonight while studying. I can do this.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

8-2 Food Journal

This morning I weighed 203.2 lbs I know it won't be that nice every day but still it was great to see the instant gratification. It is motivating to know that what you struggled with yesterday makes you happy today.

Breakfast: Egg Salad (2 hardboiled eggs, some greek yogurt, mustard, garlic and onion powder, paprika.) 1/2 a grapefruit

Lunch: Stirfry (cabbage, onion, pepper, carrot, ground turkey, garlic, low sodium soy sauce) 1/2 a grapefruit

Snack: a slice of lunchmeat turkey with tabasco

Dinner: BBQ chicken, grilled sausage with peppers and onions, 2 bites of grapenut ice cream.

I cheated today, but I was very proud of how I cheated. Every summer the local volunteer firefighters have a festival in order to raise money. My brother in law is a firefighter, my dad was a firefighter, almost all of our family friends either are or were on the firefighting team. I ate alot there, but I peeled the skin off the chicken (more because it was kinda gross than a woe thing). I got a hot sausage sandwich but talked them into serving me it without the bun. However I was really craving some sweet homemade grapenut ice cream (I think that is a PA Dutch thing, has anyone else had grapenut ice cream?) My dad wanted some too, so I said I would walk over and stand in line and buy his if I could have 3 bites of it. He said deal. I went and bought the ice cream and grabbed an extra spoon. Then I had one bite and it was good. I had another bite, and thought you know I think that hit the spot. Then I put the spoon down . I kinda regret doing it at all, but it was nice to be able to take 2 bites and be done with it.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

8-3-13 Food Journal

This morning I weighed 202.6 lbs. It seems a little fishy to lose 2.4 lbs in 2 days... I'm waiting for the scale to jump up again.

Breakfast: 2 dippy eggs with a slice of cooper cheese.

Lunch: Roasted caulifower and chicken with the smallest dab of sweet baby rays.

Snack: a tiny tear off of a coworker's cupcake (I need some self discipline people D: )

Supper: Salad (iceberg, onion, cucumbers, walnuts, feta, grilled chicken, and red beets with a homemade vinegrette) a few bites of turkey and roast beef.

I work in the kitchen of a local restaurant. Self control is insanely hard when you are surrounded by so much food that is so bad for you! But I can do it. Soon I'll go off to school and only have to worry about that food. I need someone to teach me to eat low carb on a college campus :/ .
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Good luck on your weight loss journey!
A birthday is a good thing to aim for, with me it's a holiday next July
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Angel, you have had a really rough go since graduating High School. First and foremost, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is devastating, especially at your young age. I am so happy you took the year off, then actually went to college. Studying abroad is amazing too!

At your college campus, do you have to do the cafeteria? Or do you live in an apartment?? Will you work once you head back to school?
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gina: Yeah I thought that 21 would be a good goal. It also gives about 6 months to lose 30 lbs, which would be a about 5 lbs a month, I feel that is doable. However I'm trying to lose as much as possible this first month because it will be harder at school.

Monica: Thanks for the sympathy. I have come to find that everything shapes you as a person, both good and bad. You can choose to let the bad make you bitter and hard, or you can let the bad make you more determined to be good. Bad things make you a better person much faster than good things if you let them

There is a big buffet style option, and there is a food court pay per item option. It is a small state school, so there aren't a lot of options. There are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, but not that much fresh choices, and the buffet style really only offers 1 type of meat per meal. 60% of the time that meat is covered in dough or sauce . I'm looking to get a work study job, but most if it will go toward paying for college. I will have a mini fridge/freezer, a microwave, a hot pot, and a sink in my room. There are 2 kitchens for the general use of everyone in the dorms.

Yesterday's food Journal (8-4) 202.4 lbs

Breakfast: Chobani pear greek yogurt, 2 sunny side up eggs over some leftover stirfry
Lunch: Chicken, saurkraut, mashed cauliflower
Snack: (unfortunately a binge, but of diet appropriate food) cottage cheese, plain peanut butter, blueberries, turkey burger (no bun)
Dinner: Turkey Chili (no beans)

Last edited by angelfish220; 08-05-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I know what you mean about trying to get as much off to begin with. I've calculated if I lose 1.5 lbs per week I will reach my goal (68 to lose) before my holiday, that takes into account missing a few weeks over xmas - I want to try do as much as possible so if I have a bit of a stall I'm not panicing.. but gues I can always do a few weeks LC before my holiday if I've not quite made my target. x
Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

The past couple of days I was, unfortunately, backed up. I decided to eat "normally" yesterday. Sure enough by evening I had a BM again. I know that Splenda is not the greatest for me, but I think I'm going to have a packet of Splenda in my tea in the morning, as it has laxative qualities when I eat it

I've been thinking and JUDDD seems like the best option for school. I will have more leeway in what I actually eat. On DDs I can just eat a few hardboiled eggs and celery (I know they sell these at the food court) and on UDs I can eat whatever is offered in modest portions. Does that seem like a good idea?

All I'm gonna eat today is a hamburger (sans bun) and maybe a little salad after work tonight. I don't feel that great due to yesterday's diet

PS Also, I'm down to 200.0, right on the edge! Hopefully this little fast will help me get down there!

Last edited by angelfish220; 08-09-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hey Angel

I've started JUDDD again too so let me know how you get on x