Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Jossy's Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/808554-jossys-journal.html)

Jossy 07-23-2013 06:22 AM

Jossy's Journal

I'll start off by saying - I'm desperate and my body hates me :sad:

I need to lose this weight and I will lose this weight. I'm committed.

I got on the treadmill yesterday and pounded it for 30 minutes. It was hard on the legs and knees but I know the more I do it the less I will weigh and the easier it will be. I also prepped easy, healthy and low carb meals for the week. I'll add it salads/eggs etc. I woke up starving..or so my body thinks ...I hope this gets easier.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...ps21330012.jpg

I think I need all the support I can get. :heart:

Jossy 07-23-2013 07:11 AM

Going to do one of these updates each day as well..so for yesterday

July 22
Weight: 250
Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill
B: Omlette (egg whites and garden veggie egg beaters with cheese), coffee with skim milk
L: chicken breast, skinless with green beans
D: Same as L

Mimosa23 07-23-2013 07:29 AM

Hi Jossy!

Wanted to pop into your journal and cheer you on!

Your menu looks pretty low fat and low calorie, what kind of plan are you following?

I'm following my own kind of plan too. More of a high fat, very low carb style plan, focusing on all natural foods. Not too worried about calories on my non fasting days, usually between 2000 and 2200. On fasting days I eat up to 500. I fast Mon, Thurs, Fri, and the rest of the days I eat LCHF style. I think I messed myself up with years of fad diets, crazy supplements and extreme low calorie diets. I've been focusing on healing myself and now finally I'm seeing the scales move!

I'll pop in more and cheer you on! Keep it up, and don't hesitate to ask lots in the Main Lobby, we are a helpful bunch over there! xxx Mims

Jossy 07-23-2013 11:06 AM

I am the same as you..have been on a roller coaster with my weight since just a wee gal. I'm just trying to eliminate sugars..I still do include some whole wheat breads in my diet though :) I'll post what I eat each day. For the first few weeks will probably be strict as I have it all planned out. The only way for me! Thanks for your support :)

Jossy 07-23-2013 03:15 PM

July 23

Weight: 250
Exercise: None - too achy :( Ugh
B: Omlette (Half cup garden veggie and half cup egg white egg beaters) cheese, coffee with 1 percent milk
L: Tuna sandwich on whole wheat (Made up the tuna myself with some mayo and pickle)
D: 1 chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and roast garlic and half a plain chicken breast both with no skin and baked with green beans

A butt load of water. I feel like I have non stop been running to the bathroom

I also log my calories on loseit.com and my carbs are obviously the lowest of what I'm consuming so ...happy about this.

I just feel totally achy (my back and neck and legs) and lethargic today :(

Mimosa23 07-23-2013 11:02 PM

Morning Jossy!

Your dinner sounds lovely!
I would leave out the whole wheat bread at lunchtime though, adds up to a lot of carbs, and you could eat it on lettuce for example as well...

The achyness could come from all the exercise you did but also from carb withdrawal, it should go away after a few days. Drinking a cup of broth or adding some unrefined seasalt to your diet helps with the aches and general yukky feeling most people get when starting LC.

Wishing you a great day today! Where about in Canada are you? I've got lots of family around Toronto and Ottawa. Never been though, it's still on my list! I'm hoping BF and I will go next year, we've been planning it anyway!

Jossy 07-24-2013 03:52 AM

Hiya :) Thanks for the advice..I made up 2 other sandwiches yesterday so I will have them this week so I don't waste them. It was mostly because I wanted to ease into it and I knew my body would be going through a rough withdrawl :P

The good news is I weighed in this morning at 245 :)

Mimosa23 07-24-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jossy (Post 16528685)
The good news is I weighed in this morning at 245 :)

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

That is great news, congratulations!!!!!

Jossy 07-24-2013 04:55 AM

oh by the way I am in Ontario :) You should definitely visit Toronto :)

zipp2play 07-24-2013 06:03 AM

OH way to be 5 pounds down! Keep at it, you are doing so well!

Mimosa23 07-24-2013 08:03 AM

Jossy, your avatar is adorable! Looks a little like my dog as a puppy....

Jossy 07-24-2013 03:39 PM

July 24
Weight - 245
B: Omelette cooked in coconut oil using egg beaters and cheese, coffee with milk
S: Veggies with hummus
L: Tuna sammies
S: half chicken breast with some green beans
D: Chicken breast stuffed with roast veggies and swiss cheese and mixed veg

Lots of water and 1 diet pepsi

No exercise today - not up to it but I know I have to somehow get back into it.

I just felt so so SO hungry today hence more snacks/more food. Also probably because TOM and what not. Hopefuly tomorrow is a better day.

shelby'snana 07-24-2013 06:44 PM

You are doing Great !! KUTGW !!

Jossy 07-25-2013 03:40 AM

Thank you :)

Weighed this morning - stayed the same at 245 (and not surprised) Ate more than usualy yesterday and TOM.Will be on my feet for a few hours this evening at work :)

Tomorrow I'll be on holidays for awhile and I'm excited as I will be staying with my parents for awhile - which means good food (not on a budget lol) and lots of walking outside. They cook lots of meats and veggies on the bbq and generally also stick to a low sugar diet since my dad is type 2 diabetic and my mom likes to watch her weight. I'm looking forward to whole chickens and steaks, fresh corn and veggies!!

zipp2play 07-25-2013 06:21 AM

OH girl, have fun with your parents! I love hanging with mine. Enjoy and let them feed you and take care of you!!!!!!

cfine 07-25-2013 06:59 AM

Doing good, Jossy!! I wouldn't worry too much about the exercise right now. Getting some of the weight off by eating properly is more important than punishing your body. I lost my first 50 pounds without any exercise.

Jossy 07-25-2013 07:58 PM

Thanks for the advice :)

Was on my feet alot at work tonight!

July 25
Weight: 245
Exercise : on my feet at work plus up and down the stairs
B: omlette made with egg beaters cheese and cooked in coconut oil, coffee and milk
L: chicken breast and green beans
S: diet pepsi
D: chicken breast with mixed veggies and a salad with southwest ranch dressing and sour cream mixed

Thank you I will have a good time with my parents ..and I will let them feed me! lol :)

Mimosa23 07-26-2013 01:31 AM

Have a lovely weekend, Jossy!

Your menu today looks yummy BTW...

Jossy 07-26-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks everyone :) Did not weigh today but doing well. 5 DAYS BINGE AND JUNK FOOD/MOST SUGAR FREE! I am so happy with that lol.

So far today I have had scrambelled eggs made with egg beaters and coconut oil for breakfast. Snack was a slice of swiss cheese and lunch was half of a cob salad (full of eggs,chicken,cheese,veggies with spicy ranch. Tonight will be steak! mmm. Hope you are all having a great day.

shelby'snana 07-26-2013 10:43 AM

Great job ! Food sounds wonderful :)

cfine 07-26-2013 04:47 PM

Parents LOVE to feed their children, even when they are grown. Enjoy!

Jossy 07-26-2013 05:54 PM

July 26
Weight: did not weigh today

B: scrambelled eggs with cheese cooked in coconut oil and coffee with cream
S: swiss cheese slice
L: cobb salad (no corn) with spicy ranch dressing
S: veggies with some sour cream dip
S: Diet pepsi
D: Corn on the cob (yes i know high in sugar but I have it once or twice per summer) it was picked today! With butter and a steak

Lots of water.

I am still very pleased with 5 days of no binges. Makes me proud and feeling in control :)

Jossy 07-27-2013 06:23 AM

Start July 22 weight - 250
Weigh in today July 27 - 244

Jossy 07-27-2013 03:20 PM

July 27
Weight 244

b: Eggs and Bacon, Coffee with cream
L: Half of a cobb salad (no corn) with ranch dressing and a no sugar added pudding cup
S: veggie plate (some cukes and celery, pickles and swiss cheese slice)
D: Ribs with dry rub

Lots and lots AND LOTS of water :)

Jossy 07-27-2013 04:19 PM

Forgot to post my exercise for July 27th

this 10 minute home upper body workout without weights

Jossy 07-28-2013 04:52 AM

Happy Sunday everyone...not weighing today :) Will post what all i eat tonight...have a great day!

Jossy 07-28-2013 02:56 PM

Well today was not the best food day but in the given social circumstances I feel I made the best choices possible. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

July 28
Weight: did not weigh today

B: plate of veggies (cucumber, green pepper and celery) with sour cream dip and 2 ham and swiss cheese roll ups
S: crystal light, diet pepsi, lots of water
L: Mcdonalds chicken nuggets and side salad with ranch dressing
S: veggies with sour cream dip and pickles
D: 2 oktoberfest sausages with grilled onions and butter
D: no sugar added treat

Hopefully tomorrow I will say NO to the sour cream dip and obviously there will be no mcdonalds in there as today was a little off!

Going to do the 10 minute upper body video that I posted yesterday for some exercise

Hope you are all doing well :)

Mimosa23 07-29-2013 12:28 AM

Hi Jossy!

Sounds like you did the best you could do under the circumstances.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Mine was nice, apart from the horrible thunderstorm we had. It hailed stones as big as tennisballs. We have holes in our roof, where the tiles were smashed and I have some nice dents in my car and a rear light is broken. The lawn looks like a moonscape, so many impact craters from the hail. Five weeks ago we already had a storm like this, and I thought it would be a once in a lifetime thing! Awful.

Weekend was good, I stuck to my LCHF food plan, but I did have a few drinks on Saturday evening. No gains, so that's good! I'm fasting today, so I have no food to report.

Hope you have a good start to the week today,

xx

Jossy 07-29-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimosa23 (Post 16535070)
Hi Jossy!

Sounds like you did the best you could do under the circumstances.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Mine was nice, apart from the horrible thunderstorm we had. It hailed stones as big as tennisballs. We have holes in our roof, where the tiles were smashed and I have some nice dents in my car and a rear light is broken. The lawn looks like a moonscape, so many impact craters from the hail. Five weeks ago we already had a storm like this, and I thought it would be a once in a lifetime thing! Awful.

Weekend was good, I stuck to my LCHF food plan, but I did have a few drinks on Saturday evening. No gains, so that's good! I'm fasting today, so I have no food to report.

Hope you have a good start to the week today,

xx

Wow that sounds so awful :( Glad you are ok though...a shame about your car and home though...hopefully no more storms.

Jossy 07-29-2013 09:10 AM

Officially 8 days with no binges. Feeling good :) Not going to weigh myself until the end of the week so hopefully I see a decent drop. I am currently 244 and would be happy with 242. Have my menu planned out for the day so we shall see how it goes. have a good day everyone :)