Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hockeymom48183
Stats: 227/227/150
From FAT to FABULOUS!

Yesterday I started low carbing once again and I'm really hoping and praying I can stick with it this time around. Up until a few days ago, I had been following Weight Watchers. I'd managed to lose 117lbs in 18 months but sadly I've gained back almost 70lbs. I feel absolutely gross and my self esteem has diminished.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to follow a plan or just do my own thing. I chose to wing it and see what happens until I can figure out exactly what I'd like to do. Years ago I had great success on Atkin's but didn't stick to it and gained everything back and then some.

Life happens and these past 3 weeks haven't been a picnic. My mom passed away unexpectedly and I've been using food to deal with my emotions. Everything seems so unreal at the moment and I am having a difficult time dealing with the fact that she's not coming back. I held her hand until she took her last breath. I shouldn't have had to plan my mom's funeral at 32, it doesn't seem fair. She keeps me motivated to stay on this weightloss journey. I don't want my children to have to go through this, it's excrutiating.
Hockeymom48183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
it's awful, isn't it? the best thing is to concentrate on losing some and staying there. over the years we tend to lose and gain and lose and gain... often each time going higher than the last. and it really harms the metabolism, making future weight loss even more difficult than it already is as we age. it also seems to encourage diabetes and a slew of other things.

it is a lovely thought to be thin, but it's also very empowering to get this whole thing under control, even if you aren't as small as you like. best of luck! *hug*
Old 07-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
From everything sad that happens to us, something eventually good comes of it. If the only thing good of your mom passing so young is that it is a wake up call for you not to do the same to your children, then that isn't so bad. There is a purpose in everything. I can not imagine the pain you are going through, but it is a good thing to use it as motivation to get out there and change your life. Not everyone is so lucky to have such strong motivation! Good luck!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leighleighbuggy
Stats: 198.6/193.8/155?
Start Date: july 8th 2013
So very sorry for your loss.
leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote