Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   "Hold Tight and Pretend It's a Plan!" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/807991-hold-tight-pretend-its-plan.html)

handbells 07-14-2013 06:14 AM

"Hold Tight and Pretend It's a Plan!"

Except in this case it really is a plan.

I eat a basically primal plan with a few tweaks. Though when I started eating this way, I didn't realize it was primal.

I DO NOT eat: any grains, processed sugar or meat.

I DO eat: eggs, cheese, almond milk, coconut milk, fish/shellfish, fruits and fresh vegetables, limited stevia.

This is way for me to record what I eat before I put it into my food database as I frequently forget what I ate throughout the day and I don't always have the time to put it in right when I eat.

I also JUDDDD :)

Breakfast-two eggs, scrambled in1 teaspoon butter, 1 oz goat's milk brie
ice tea

handbells 07-14-2013 08:19 PM

no lunch. Just wasn't hungry.

Supper was

8 oz swordfish
Parmesan potatoes
2 grain free biscuits

I still needed some more calories so I had some peanut butter. Feeling very bloated. ugh.

handbells 07-15-2013 07:11 AM

Up two pounds this morning. Ugh.

I'm reserving judgement until tomorrow. If there isn't significant loss, than I will do some tweaking, as I was losing steadily until I upped my calories (per the JUDDDD plan).

Today is a DD.

There will be lots of ice tea involved and most likely some plain potatoes.

handbells 07-15-2013 08:36 AM

So far:

ice tea
1/2 an organic potato, shredded, browned in a tiny bit of olive oil spray and seasoned with s&p

handbells 07-15-2013 11:08 AM

Had some watermelon and then had one mallocup that was a peace offering from my MIL :)

handbells 07-16-2013 07:13 AM

I lost a pound. Which is good. But I'm still up from the two I gained before. That's not cool. I've decided then, that what I'm going to do is on my UD's I'm going to eat what I have gotten use to eating and on my DD's I'm going to just not eat much. I really think I was getting way too many calories from the calculator and my body just can't handle them.

Today:

b-smoked salmon with cream cheese
l-Caprese salad
supper-not entirely sure. Maybe roasted potatoes and green beans.

I'm sure there will be some snacks in there as well, but I'm not really sure yet. Depends on how hungry I am.

Sirtain 07-16-2013 12:45 PM

Hi Handbells! I am primal also. And loving it. But JUDDD is the thing that makes it possible for me to KEEP doing primal, instead of being derailed by a 'slip'.

Glad to meet another primal. Stop by my journal if you feel so inclined. :)

handbells 07-16-2013 01:37 PM

Thanks, Sirtain!

Loved my lunch salad. It was my first time making this recipe and it was superb! Will definitely make it again.

Starting to get munchy. I think supper will be a baked potato with butter.

handbells 07-16-2013 03:27 PM

Supper was two baked potatoes with butter and cheese :)

nice and full. Not sure of my calorie count, though I know it is lower than it was Sunday, and that's good. May have a "frosty" if I get hungry later. It's so hot and I've been wanting something cold.

handbells 07-17-2013 01:01 PM

My gosh! Was that "frosty" I had last night ever good! The original recipe called for just chocolate, but I added a little peanut butter to mine and it was very reminiscent of a PB&C shake from Coldstone. It was made with almond milk, a little heavy cream and stevia. Can't wait to have another one tomorrow!

I was down a pound this morning which takes of my two pound gain from my last UD. Yeah!!!! Back to my original 5 pound loss. I started three weeks ago at 221.8 and am now at 216.8. So, so happy to see downward movement! I just hope it continues!

So far today I've had tea and a plain organic baked potato with some s&p.

I'm thinking I may have a mashed potato patty for supper, but it might just be another baked.

handbells 07-17-2013 05:53 PM

I did end up having a mashed potato patty (or two!) for supper. I also had just a bit of smoked salmon. Delicious!

handbells 07-18-2013 07:06 AM

116.6 for a .2 loss. I'll take it :) *any* movement down is good! Plus, I spent a lot of time at the pool yesterday and didn't drink nearly as much as I should have.

Today is an UD

b-smoked salmon, cherries
l-maybe a salmon burger and some cucumber with mayo
s-*may* have a little steak to see if I'm still adverse to meat. Will definitely have creamed spinach and some sort of potato (baked maybe?)

Snack-chocolate "shake"

handbells 07-18-2013 09:57 AM

Lunch ended up being two eggs, scrambled in butter with 1 oz goats milk brie. Delicious!

Off to the pool!

handbells 07-18-2013 06:25 PM

There was a problem with some communication earlier today, so I ended up going to Golden Corral. I did pretty well. I did eat a little bit of chicken and some pork because my it looked tasty. The pork was delicious, but the chicken was too salty.

Back at home I was craving something chocolaty, so I ended up having a small (and it was small) piece of a chocolate nut egg that has been in the freezer.

handbells 07-19-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handbells (Post 16520391)
116.6 for a .2 loss. I'll take it :) *any* movement down is good! Plus, I spent a lot of time at the pool yesterday and didn't drink nearly as much as I should have.

Today is an UD

b-smoked salmon, cherries
l-maybe a salmon burger and some cucumber with mayo
s-*may* have a little steak to see if I'm still adverse to meat. Will definitely have creamed spinach and some sort of potato (baked maybe?)

Snack-chocolate "shake"

That should have been 216.6 *not* 116.6 :doh:

This morning was 216.2 for a loss of .4

I was hoping for more, but really, I'll take it. Slow and steady and all that.

Not sure what's on the menu for today. I ended up not making supper last night and I had really been looking forward to it. I know it's what I'm making the family tonight and may end up having some creamed spinach and a baked potato later.

handbells 07-19-2013 10:52 AM

so far, so good today. Just tea!

Just now starting to get a little hungry, but trying to hold off until supper.

handbells 07-19-2013 04:46 PM

Today ended up being more of a Mid Day instead of a DD.

I went to Costco with my IL's and we stopped at Starbuck's on the way. I did have a small drink there, but there stuff is loaded with calories. Then I had a baked potato with butter and cheese for supper and some creamed spinach (more cheese and butter).

I currently have the runs (tmi, I'm sure!) Not sure if that is due to all the fat or what. Could be from the coffee as I don't normally drink it. Whatever it is, perhaps it will result in a loss for me tomorrow.

handbells 07-20-2013 07:34 AM

Down a pound! 215.2! WooT!

Today is supposed to be an UD, but I am not hungry yet (even though it's already 10:30).

Will probably have a salmon burger for brunch with maybe a salad. Not sure.

Also need to make my list for the beach!

handbells 07-20-2013 10:28 AM

Ugh! So far it's not been the best day.

I wasn't able to make/eat my salmon burger and it made me sad. I'm hoping to make it for supper. So far today I've had some Rosemary Parmesan Crackers (grain free) and a grain free chocolate chip cookie. They were both delicious!

handbells 07-20-2013 06:49 PM

Those cookies are addictive :) I had two more this evening.

Supper was salmon burgers and salad with bleu cheese dressing. The salmon burger recipe was quite good and I'm going to try it with crab meat for crab cakes next.

handbells 07-21-2013 06:51 AM

Holding steady at 215.2 this morning. At least there was no gain!

Not sure what's on the menu today. Maybe a salad?

Got up not too long ago and can't get moving.

handbells 07-21-2013 06:53 PM

Ended up eating more than I thought I would. I had two hardboiled eggs, deviled, a tiny piece of steak (literaly three bites)...it still doesn't taste that good, a spoonful of creamed spinach and a baked potato with a little bit of butter. As always, lots of water and tea.

handbells 07-22-2013 06:40 AM

Down a pound! Woot! I am so very excited. I got on the scale three times just to make sure it said 214.2. That's 7 pounds total!

I have been struggling for *years* with my weight and I have tried countless ways to lose. I thank the Lord that I have finally found something that works. I love it...I just wish I had more energy.

b-a two egg omelet with 1 oz of goat milk brie, cooked in a little butter
ice tea

zipp2play 07-22-2013 06:42 AM

Add me to the list of hard to get moving on a MONDAY morning!

Sounds like things are going well. Keep it up!

handbells 07-22-2013 07:02 PM

Thanks Monica!

I finally got moving! lol! Got a lot of my chores done. Yeah!

I wasn't really hungry this afternoon. I did have a Hershey bar around 1:30 (I think) because I really wanted some chocolate. Supper was a bunch of red potatoes with butter. Again, just not really hungry. I did try a bite of the chicken I made the family as it was a new recipe.

In the evening I had a couple of grain free chocolate chip cookies with a smear of peanut butter. So good!

And of course, lots and lots of ice tea!

zipp2play 07-23-2013 05:58 AM

Sounds like a yummy day!

handbells 07-23-2013 07:54 AM

Gained a pound, but that's okay. It will be gone soon (hopefully tomorrow!) I think it was those darn cookies with peanut butter. But they were really good!

Need to clean out the van today for our beach trip next week. Can't wait!

DD today.

Have had a pear so far.

zipp2play 07-24-2013 06:04 AM

How did your DD go yesterday? Today is my DD! Maybe you should only weigh after DD's? Heck, I only weigh about 2 or 3 times a month!

handbells 07-24-2013 06:25 AM

Meant to come and post again, but got busy!

Besides the pear, yesterday I had some shrimp, a few piece of cucumber and tomato and a baked potato with some butter. I am down most of the pound I gained (214.4), so I am happy.

Today is an UD. At some point I know I will have some salmon and at another point I know I will have some mashed potatoes. Other than that, I am not really sure! Maybe some cherries and Greek yogurt for breakfast, as I'm a bit hungry!

handbells 07-24-2013 06:27 AM

Monica-I don't think I could weigh 2-3 times a month! It would drive me crazy! lol! Next week is my vacation and though I'm going to try and stick with my rotations, I'm not going to be strict about it. The only bad thing is...no scale to weigh!