Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnetteW
Stats: 182/144/135 (5'5", 50 yrs)
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Restart: May 6, 2013 @ 165lbs
Thanks for the Happy Dudes, Rebecca.

Things are going well, weight is definitely down a pound this week. I'm trying hard not to measure blood ketones, just want to do that on Sundays. I found a full box of 10, so that's 10 weeks if I'm strong....lol.

Two eating out opportunities this weekend, so I have to be careful. I want to enjoy my food and my friends. This is what living is about and I want to eat...but not go bonkers.

So........wish me luck.

My jeans felt baggy last night when we went dancing, and today I tried on my next smaller size and they fit over my hips and thighs quite nicely. A bit of a muffin tops though, ugh. Darn muffin tops.

A couple more pounds I guess.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Slight changes to report. Though my weight is pretty stable right now, my bodyfat is still going down. It also showed in a little drop in my waist and hip measurements.

I'm feeling darn good right now. I know I need to find the motivation to push it to lose the last 10 lbs, but right now I'm enjoying the clothes in my closet and just feeling slimmer.

I'm wearing a pretty consistent size 10 in jeans and slacks, and tops of course are all over the board, but mostly mediums and a small tossed in here and there (my upper body can get pretty tiny).

I'm just eating...that's it. Usually some eggs for breakfast, snacks as needed are nuts/cheese. Lunch is generally a salad with a bit of meat/cheese/nuts on top, and lots and lots of salad dressing which lately is a mixture of italian (homemade) and homemade mayo(which I adore.) Dinner is whatever my husband makes, but he's keeping it low carb.

I have eaten out a bit too often, and I have splurged too much and I do have to watch that. But though my blood ketones have dropped afterwards, they haven't been too bad. Blood sugar is another story, and though I know I have to keep it down, it's not easy when I've chosen to splurge on carbs. I'm not 100% there yet, but I will keep working on it.

Exercise --- doesn't seem to be happening right now. I'm just not motivated, would rather knit.
AnnetteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
I'm so happy for you!
RebeccaLatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elhunt0101
Stats: 175/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: 1/1/12
Inspired

Hi AnnetteW. I've been silently watching and learning from you. You inspire me. You've done so well and I'm encouraged. I'm 43, 5'4", and 174lbs
May I ask about how many calories you eat? I try to eat low carb and do good for 4-5 days then end up cheating once a week at least. I'm active but still gaining. Hoping to glean from your experience and success.
elhunt0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Posting my fat "trigger photo" at 182, this was probably 2010/2011. And one of my skinny photos after losing. My low was 126, this is probably about 130+. Another skinny pic is in my profile.

And since I just posted it on another thread, here is my current 5 month weight loss (started at 165, currently 144, so about 20 lbs)

Old 10-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhunt0101 View Post
Hi AnnetteW. I've been silently watching and learning from you. You inspire me. You've done so well and I'm encouraged. I'm 43, 5'4", and 174lbs
May I ask about how many calories you eat? I try to eat low carb and do good for 4-5 days then end up cheating once a week at least. I'm active but still gaining. Hoping to glean from your experience and success.
Glad to know I'm encouraging...I think I'm a nutcase

I'm not tracking calories, but I do on occasion and my best guestimate is 1500-2000+. I do know I can't go lower than 1500 for more than 2 days or so or I tend to rebound eat.

Lately I have absolutely no trouble eating low carb, and I'm easily under 20 gram a day and often less. I do drink wine though.

Protein is probably in the 70-100+ range, and fat is all over the place.

I'm not cheating, though I have had a few planned off meals. We like to eat out and those meals out will be my splurges. But honestly, I need to be more careful.

I've not been getting enough exercise, and I can come up with all sorts of excuses.

In fact, I'm going to be good right now and take my doggy on a nice walk. I'm trying so hard to avoid snacking this afternoon. I'm not hungry, but reading and munching on some sunflower seeds sounds good right now. I think I'm just a bit bored.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteW View Post
Posting my fat "trigger photo" at 182, this was probably 2010/2011. And one of my skinny photos after losing. My low was 126, this is probably about 130+. Another skinny pic is in my profile.

And since I just posted it on another thread, here is my current 5 month weight loss (started at 165, currently 144, so about 20 lbs)

Love, love, love these photos! You look like a kid again!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Being thin definitely does make one look younger.

Now if I could just not have the saggy skin.

Oh, and the flappy arms are even much worse this time around. It's insane.

I saw an old lady at the grocery store today, who truly was slim and trim for her 80 years....and the saggy skin on her arms...egads. It's what it is...and what we all have to accept.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Oh, the results are still so dull and boring. Nothing is changing, because I'm not truly trying.

How darn COOL is that!!!???

This is called "maintenance." Not that I really want to be maintaining, but I'm sure not complaining.

I'm truly probably only losing just around 1 pound a month. Worse case scenario...I lose these last 10 lbs in 10 months. GAWD, I love it.

I'm trying not to eat out more than once a week, and I am trying to make the best choices I can.

I will be eating out this coming Sunday, so the plan is to save it up till then. And if I do have another meal out, I'll be extra careful.

I'm very comfortably fitting in to size 10 jeans and slacks.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

So happy for you! Remind me - what is your dream goal weight?