Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
wow ! I would avoid her too ...... but I bet it was funny !

Sleep well

PS your group at the apts sounds kinda fun.....like you all have each other's backs. That's great !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
wow ! I would avoid her too ...... but I bet it was funny !

Sleep well

PS your group at the apts sounds kinda fun.....like you all have each other's backs. That's great !
hi laura

I've been in this apartment for 1 1/2 years. i'm on the first floor and the way the building is laid out, there are only 7 apartments on this floor . there's really not a lot of foot-traffic in our hall-way, so not much noise.

i think the first time i saw who my neighbors are was when we had our quarterly bedbug inspection (management is very pro-active in regards to all kinds of bugs). when the bug-dog goes into your apartment the tenant has to go out into the hall way while the dog does his thing.

it took me a while to find the three ladies who are now my tea-time buddies. before i hooked up with them i made the mistakes of befriending two whack-a-doodles in the building. it took me some time to realize how whacky they really were and then it took time to dis-entangle myself from them.

i know.....i'm a maniac-magnet i even had my own stalker for a while but that's a very involved story. she has since moved on to stalking two other people who live in my building.

my new bedroom arrangement worked out well last nite but as i stated in an earlier post, my bedroom wall neighbor had turned her tv off around 10pm, before i went to bed. so far....so good

never a dull moment around here!

Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. (seen on Pinterest)
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

i had posted previously that i had gotten down to 251.8

well, the next day i get up and the scale bounced up on me but that's ok, i can handle it.

it's been bouncing around to 255, 253, 254,253,254 etc etc etc ad nauseum for more than a week

well today i am back to 251.8. i am getting so tired of the 250's. where's my 249.9?????????????
Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Alassea ! ( Don't know your name.)

A stalker ? How scary........ wow ! Glad they are leaving you alone now. Yikes !!!!!

WTG on 251.8 !! I have the same prob esp. since I ate carbs for about 2 weeks and put on about 12 lbs ! It's unbelievable that you can gain that much so fast and it takes forever to take it back off ......;/

glad you got some sleep. DH and I had a "tiff" late and I ended up staying up late and sleeping late. Over a set of keys of all things . Such is life........

Thinking i won't go to chiro today. Back not too bad today and I'm tired of making the 20 mile trip each way ...... we live in a little bitty town.

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Alassea ! ( Don't know your name.)

A stalker ? How scary........ wow ! Glad they are leaving you alone now. Yikes !!!!!

WTG on 251.8 !! I have the same prob esp. since I ate carbs for about 2 weeks and put on about 12 lbs ! It's unbelievable that you can gain that much so fast and it takes forever to take it back off ......;/

glad you got some sleep. DH and I had a "tiff" late and I ended up staying up late and sleeping late. Over a set of keys of all things . Such is life........

Thinking i won't go to chiro today. Back not too bad today and I'm tired of making the 20 mile trip each way ...... we live in a little bitty town.
hi laura

it's difficult to explain my stalker....she was obsessed with me, she saw me as a mother-substitute (believe me when i say I have no maternal instinct whatsoever, none,nada). she has long-term mental issues including borderline personality disorder, depression, adhd, etc.

when I first met her, she was also stalking some guy that was a facebook friend, he had to block her on facebook. he was lucky that he lived in England (she could not financially afford to travel, didn't have a passport and had never left her home-state). she'd call him long distance and he would just let her calls go to voicemail.

then she switched her obsession to her auto mechanic who was married, had grown kids, grandkids. she had an affair with him that I thought was going to end like "fatal attraction" until she started dating a guy that lives in my building (they dated, got engaged, set a date, started trying to get pregnant, broke up, got back together again because she threatened to commit suicide, broke up again, and for now seem to be friends "with benefits" , but it seems that she still thinks that there is hope that they will one day get married).

I still see her around the building because she's "friends" with another woman who lives on the first floor (I think she sees this woman as a mother substitute as well) and so that she can be near (keep tabs on) her "future husband".

as I've said before , never a dull moment

i'm still bouncing around on the scale and it is really getting on my last nerve. I think I've had this scale for about a year so i'm thinking next time that I go to walmart, i'll get a new battery to see if it makes a difference.

I can tell by the way my jeans fit (the ones that I can button/zip/sit down in) that they are slightly looser so I know i'm on plan/getting results.

Thursday nite was nice and quiet, by the time I went to sleep, she'd turned off her tv/music but Friday nite (going into Saturday morning) I fell asleep and when I woke up to go to the bathroom at 11:30pm (dang, I really have to stop this late night exercising) and went back to bed, I could hear the music playing .....just the bass & percussion part of the music. that went on until 1:30am

then to add insult to injury, all day Saturday I could hear her tv/music while I was on the computer. my laptop, at full volume, does not drown out the sound of her tv. I finally dug out my ear buds and used them.

of course it's the weekend so i'm going to have to wait until Monday to complain to the property manager.

it's around 11:30am and so far no music/tv from nextdoor

we'll see how it goes tonite.

I hope you're having a good week-end!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Love your journal name !!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

i'm always on the look out for easy recipes, one of those recipes is egg-drop soup. I've been hesitant to try this because I have read posts where there have been some not-so-yummy results

so I decided i'd give it a go today, doing it my way (the easy way)

I tossed two eggs, a handful of broccoli, chopped onion and some chicken stock into my blender (imy ninja) and blended away. I dumped all that into a bowl and filled the bowl the rest of the way up with more chicken stock and then topped it all off with some bacon fat. I put everything into the microwave and nuked away.

it's just me cooking for myself so there's no need for "presentation", my food just has to taste good to me so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

the results were very good (by my standards). the soup sorta looked like cream of broccoli soup , the way that the eggs cooked did not result in any egg-clumps. I think I may have overdone it on the bacon fat so maybe i'll just add some butter next time, and make it with 3 eggs rather than two.

it's definitely filling and i'd make it again.

it's a good way for me to eat eggs without having to add AS so that's a good thing

i'm thinking of calling it bacon & broccoli quiche soup (that's crustless ,of course!)
Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Love your journal name !!
hi

thanks for dropping by! stop in any time
Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, that lady sounds very "needy" ~~ kinda scary ? Weird that she is still around...... does she live close-by ??

Neighbor must be up to something if this is all new behavior . Maybe she wants you to come over and complain for some reason ??

Your soup sounds....ummmm .......interesting lol !!

Hope you have a good day ! Being pretty lazy here...... we are going to make fajitas later . DH makes a killer hot sauce from scratch ! DS2 and GF are coming over to eat
Old 07-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep, that lady sounds very "needy" ~~ kinda scary ? Weird that she is still around...... does she live close-by ??

Neighbor must be up to something if this is all new behavior . Maybe she wants you to come over and complain for some reason ??

Your soup sounds....ummmm .......interesting lol !!

Hope you have a good day ! Being pretty lazy here...... we are going to make fajitas later . DH makes a killer hot sauce from scratch ! DS2 and GF are coming over to eat
hi laura

my ex-stalker is very needy, lonely and still obsessed with getting back with her ex-BF who lives in my building. by being "friends" with the lady down the hall from me, she can (legally) be in the building and keep tabs on the ex-BF . she also hangs out in the smoking area outside the building and talks to everyone who knows him, pumping them for information, or waiting for him to exit the building so she can "accidentally" run into him.

in regards to the loud music/tv from bedroom-wall-neighbor....it's not unusual that I can hear her tv during the day or early evening but I can deal with that (because i'm not trying to sleep). maybe I've been sleeping thru the noise before. i'm a very sound sleeper. but now this is twice in one week where the music has been LOUD after 10pm and lasting up until 1:30 am!

i'm the only apartment that has a common wall with her apartment. the first floor lobby is on the other side of her bedroom wall. she has an up-stairs neighbor that she always complains about.....says he always slams his window closed multiple times during the nite, claims he smokes in his apartment (there's no smoking allowed in the building) and he's opening his window (up above her bedroom) and blowing the smoke out, then slamming it closed.

hey, if you want to try my special technique for making egg-drop soup, be my guest

enjoy your dinner , sounds yummy think of me while I sit here slurping soup
Old 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

so someone else won the latest 5 lb challenge.....again!

i'm beginning to think that i'm jinxing myself by entering these challenges, so i'm gonna sit out the new one and see if I don't get a big whoosh!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I weigh myself every day and lately my scale has been bouncing around. I pulled out the scale this morning (I keep it under the couch) and the battery was dead

gonna have to wait until I can get to walmart for the new battery, it needs one of those flat round batteries.

also I ran into my bedroom wall neighbor while I was on the patio yesterday and I asked her if that was her playing music late at nite. she said it wasn't her. so that means it's an overhead neighbor.

I don't know who lives directly above me, gonna have to check that out. at least it was quiet last nite.

I haven't complained to the property manager yet because I wanted to talk to my therapist first (I saw her yesterday), and then i saw my bedroom wall neighbor as I stated above. so the mystery continues
Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

today is Wednesday so that means today was "tea-time" day. it was my turn to host so I get to control the food. I had my usual menu of ceasar salad and fresh fruit salad (watermelon/grapes/raspberries).

I try to make sure that I eat my lunch before everyone arrives. today I made my microwave "egg-drop" soup with broccoli , then I had some ceasar salad (no croutons) during tea-time.

I have a lot of fruit salad leftover and no one wanted to take home leftovers, anyone want some watermelon?

there were only three of us today because one of the ladies wasn't feeling well. so instead of playing "sorry" (board game), we played "phase 10". we played two rounds, at least I won one round. both rounds were close....down to the wire.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

ok, last Monday I came back from my therapist appt and go into my kitchen to make lunch and there's a big puddle in the middle of my floor it was under one corner of the fridge so my first thought was that the fridge was leaking. so I get a bath towel to soak up the water and as i'm mopping up the water on the floor, I feel water dripping on my neck. I look up at my kitchen light fixture and there's water slowly dripping off the end of it just what I need....water and electricity

so I go to find one of the maintenance people to let them know. one of them said "I need to figure out the source of the water, then i'll check on your apartment". so she went up in the elevator and came down to my apartment about 10 minutes later with a second main't guy with a bucket & mop.

I asked where the water was coming from and she said "he (a tenant) was mopping the rest of the water up off his floor with his clothes and he's got it under control now". (I never did find out how that much water got onto his floor in the first place but I think the main't lady knew exactly where to go to find the source of the leak).

according to one of my friends who lives on the sixth floor, some one on one of the floors above me has a "water fetish", but she hasn't said who it is.

I told the main't guy who mopped my kitchen floor for me that I don't mind the leak, I just don't want my kitchen ceiling to come crashing down on me with 5000 gallons of water along with the "water fetish guy"
Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a good "tea time" with the girls ! Sure, I'll take some watermelon .... I love it !!

That would be kinda freaky to not know when that leak can happen again. You are right , the ceiling can only take so much before it gives :0

Sounds like you are doing ok ......that's good

Working my 6 shifts this week.......ttyl !!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like a good "tea time" with the girls ! Sure, I'll take some watermelon .... I love it !!

That would be kinda freaky to not know when that leak can happen again. You are right , the ceiling can only take so much before it gives :0

Sounds like you are doing ok ......that's good

Working my 6 shifts this week.......ttyl !!
hi laura

sorry....I ate all the watermelon

I have a habit of buying too much fruit because I'd rather have too much than not enough. I think i'm going to have to come up with a new menu when it's my turn to host again. i'll keep the ceasar salad (everyone says they like it) but maybe do deli turkey (or ham) and cheese roll-ups. then if there are any leftovers, i'll be all set.

I love turkey, provolone,bacon & quacamole

all four of us take a turn hosting each week so hopefully we don't bother anyone too much with our rowdy behavior.

I don't know which floor the "water fetish" guy lives on. I don't think it's the floor above me (2nd) because I had the same issue happen once before in my bathroom....water leaking out of the light/exhaust fan fixture (some day i'm gonna flick a light switch and get electrocuted).

when I first moved in to my apartment, an older woman was living above me. she passed away at the end of November (they found her in her apartment during a scheduled bug inspection, she'd already been dead for a few days. if it weren't for the bug inspection, who knows when the body would have been found).

so the bathroom puddle happened before my upstairs neighbor passed away, and now the kitchen puddle happened with a new upstairs neighbor (new as of December 2012). so "mr. water fetish" is somewhere on the 3rd, 4th or 5th floor. and thanks to gravity, the water is finding it's way to me , on the first floor

the building is over 40 years old so lots of concrete. i guess if anything falls on my head, it will be the ceiling/sheetrock or a light fixture

there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of living life on the edge
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

i cooked up some bulk breakfast sausage today. i was hungry and trying to decide what to make that i could have with the sausage.

i was gonna make a quiche with the sausage & broccoli but then i would have to wait for it to cook , then cool. then i thought soup but i still would have had to simmer the cabbage in the soup stock (nope....too hungry to wait). so i made a microwave omelette with pureed broccoli & sausage. now because the broccoli was pureed in the blender, along with the eggs, it made the eggs green so the whole thing kinda looked like dr. suess's green eggs & ham (substitute the sausage for the ham)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green-eggs-and-ham.jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

You crack me up with your food descriptions !

Headed to bed, have a good night !
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You crack me up with your food descriptions !

Headed to bed, have a good night !
hi laura

i know....it's a good thing i only cook for myself and that i don't care about presentation.

that's why when it's my turn to host tea-time i use the bagged salad (with everything included) and fruit salad. it would be sad if i couldn't manage to make fresh fruit look edible

let's hope that i can make the deli roll-ups look appetizing. maybe some sparkly toothpicks?

one of the best investments I've made, kitchen-wise, has been my ninja blender i probably use it every day, esp. now that i'm eating more eggs.

i did buy a can of pam spray for my egg-poacher thingie so i'm gonna have to experiment with that again. what is it about eggs that they stick to freaking teflon i didn't thing i was gonna get the stuck-on egg residue off of the egg-poacher!

Last edited by alassea; 08-02-2013 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: oops
Old 08-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

i made soup last nite with chicken stock, cabbage & sausage

lunch today will probably be another dr suess omelette and then soup again tonite.

i still haven't bought a new battery for my scale so i hope that the weather is good tomorrow (Saturday) so i can take the bus to goodwill (i haven't gone "treasure hunting" for the past two weeks!). there's a radio shack next door. i made sure to put the old battery in my purse so that i get the right size
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

hi !

Sounds like a plan. I have sausage and asparagus cooking right now while I get ready for work so I can take it with me . Your food sounds good, I'm just messing with you !

Good luck shopping ! Off to work..........
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hi !

Sounds like a plan. I have sausage and asparagus cooking right now while I get ready for work so I can take it with me . Your food sounds good, I'm just messing with you !

Good luck shopping ! Off to work..........
hi laura

i have to say i'm not really a big veggie lover so i have to be creative to get them into my food

one of my projects is to find a salad dressing recipe that i like. i found one that's sounds good on pinterest for a greek dressing but i need to buy some spices (my cinnamon is getting lonely sitting in the cabinet by itself). i'm going to be positive and say that it will be difficult for me to mess up this recipe as it only oil & vinegar with spices but we shall see

i got to goodwill on saturday. . i found some really pretty flat sheets in turquoise and green and some big thick bath towels. i checked out the jeans in size 16 and didn't see anything i liked. i will not buy jeans unless they have spandex in them. gone are the days of laying down on the bed so that i can zip and button my jeans .......i'm old and i want spandex!

i also found a necklace from coldwater creek, the clasp is scratchy on the back of my neck so i'm going to have to restring it. it's three strands of wood beads with turquoise accent beads.

i got some deli smoked turkey, provolone & guacamole yesterday and made some bacon when i got home. i'll have that for lunch again today and then soup for dinner.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

i got some deli smoked turkey, provolone & guacamole yesterday

Sounds delicious ! Let me know how your dressing turns out. Yum.......

Have a wonderful Sunday ! :0
Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmarple
Stats: (272)257/238/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: July 2, 2013
Hi! I loved reading your posts. thanks for the recipes, I am going to go make the quiche right away. I too live in an apt bldg and I know what its like to have someone playing music in the late night hours, its frustrating to say the least. here where i live, its a dog kennel. dogs everywhere. there are 50 apts and most have dogs. there seem to be no rules whatsoever. one lady has 4 that bark all day long, and one is having puppies soon, and already the hallway near her place stinks to high heaven. I may have to move to survive. lol.
missmarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
i got some deli smoked turkey, provolone & guacamole yesterday

Sounds delicious ! Let me know how your dressing turns out. Yum.......

Have a wonderful Sunday ! :0
hi laura

I've been nibbling on that all day and wasn't even hungry for any soup at dinner time. i try not to eat after 8 pm, just water.

here's the recipe for greek salad dressing (from pinterest):

1 cup light virgin olive oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
1 tbs dried basil
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp dijon mustard

put every thing in a jar and shake,shake,shake

i think i can manage to make that, ya think? then all i'll need is some greek olives, some feta cheese, lettuce and cucumbers
Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
Hi! I loved reading your posts. thanks for the recipes, I am going to go make the quiche right away. I too live in an apt bldg and I know what its like to have someone playing music in the late night hours, its frustrating to say the least. here where i live, its a dog kennel. dogs everywhere. there are 50 apts and most have dogs. there seem to be no rules whatsoever. one lady has 4 that bark all day long, and one is having puppies soon, and already the hallway near her place stinks to high heaven. I may have to move to survive. lol.
hi miss marple

i'm glad you stopped by!

you will really like that quiche recipe i used to get the ready-made quiches (with a crust) at the grocery store in my pre-low carb days and that's the consistency that this recipe makes for the egg part.

my one neighbor with the music/tv is very sporadic. I've been lucky (knock on wood) that there has been no nite-time (after 10pm) thumpa-thumpa-thumpa music for a while now. i can hear it during the day (either tv or music), it's not constant and it's never at the same time daily. i don't really care during the daytime, but at night i get real cranky if i'm trying to go to sleep and i hear/feel thumpa-thumpa-thumpa

i think i would prefer dogs to people. you can come visit me and we'll sit in the lobby and "people-watch". be careful because i'm a maniac magnet and if there's one around.....they will find me

we're allowed pets here....cats and dogs. (right now i don't have a pet). i think you're allowed 2 cats at most and if you have a dog, there is a height/weight restriction. you need to show proof of vaccinations and for dogs to have their tags.

the biggest dog that I've seen here is a beagle named Bernie. is it strange that i know pet names but i don't know/remember people names

i hope you mean the dog is having puppies, not the lady

come back & visit!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

i ordered stuff from netrition on Saturday so i'm hoping it gets delivered today. they have the fastest shipping of any company that i have dealt with

i ordered some more davinci sf syrups, some coconut oil, coconut butter, some sf bbq sauce, and carbquik baking mix.

i want to try the coconut oil chocolate bark recipe

Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder
1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia or xylitol
2 oz nuts (optional)

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)

Have chilled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.

it would be nice to find a way to get more fat into my diet. I've been reading the recipe threads for bullet proof coffee but i have yet to experiment with it. i don't drink my coffee hot during the summer months so i'm not sure how it would work out using cold coffee. as it is now , i use heavy cream in my coffee and that seems to keep me satisfied until around noon time. of course it takes me two hours+ just to drink my 16 oz morning coffee i'm a sipper
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

i love coconut bark ! Have it in the freezer all the time so I can grab a quick bite

hope you get your order today.....waiting on my stuff from Amazon. Coconut oil, erythritol,swerve,ezsweetz, etc........... I'm out of everything.

I put co in my coffee every morning ....... yum....
Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
i love coconut bark ! Have it in the freezer all the time so I can grab a quick bite

hope you get your order today.....waiting on my stuff from Amazon. Coconut oil, erythritol,swerve,ezsweetz, etc........... I'm out of everything.

I put co in my coffee every morning ....... yum....
hi laura

got my netrition order today (the order was processed on monday) it's been a couple of years since i've made the bark. i hope it's as good as i remember it was i still have to buy some cocoa powder, so i'm going shopping tomorrow.

i don't use any artificial sweetners except for the sugar free davinci syrups. i have packets of splenda but i keep those around for when company comes over and they want coffee/tea. at home i drink my coffee with the davinci syrup and heavy cream, but if i'm visiting someone and they offer coffee, i drink it black & unsweetened.

so i opened everything i got from netrition so i could smell it. the coconut oil and manna smelled coconutty i've bought the kahlua flavored syrup before but i never tried the irish cream flavor....it smelled ok but i ran out of coffee for tomorrow morning so i'll have to wait for thursday morning to try it. the sugar free bbq sauce smelled good so maybe i'll buy some chicken so i can do a taste-test.

i saw a recipe for "savory burger buns" that i want to try so that's why i bought the carbquik baking mix. i'll try those out when i feel like making a mess (sorry.....bigger mess) in my kitchen
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

i saw one of my friends(neighbor) out on the patio this afternoon. she told me that some one had put furniture out in the lobby of her floor (4th floor). she saw a rocking chair that she wanted to get for one of her kids but she couldn't move it, it was too heavy for her (she's 82 and uses a walker). she said there was other furniture too. so i told her i'd get the rocking chair for her and i would check out the other freebie stuff.

i got a 3 drawer bureau!!!! i love free stuff! it's old and heavy wood, the drawer knobs look like brass. each drawer has a lock/keyhole but of course , no key. it really needs to be cleaned i'm really happy that it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke and it's definitely not wobbley, it's very well made.

happy happy joy joy!

i also order two seasons of dr who (season 5 & 6) so those should be arriving this weekend! yay! dr who marathon