Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennAZ
Stats: 306.1/298/199
Start Date: July 2013
Thanks for sharing

I stopped by and read your journal. Congrats on all the progress that you have made so far. I have a big old stack of size 18s & size 20s in my closet that I cannot wait to be able to fit back into.

I am thinking that I may try out the quiche recipe that you posted over the weekend. I am always looking for new things to try out. You fridge story was something else! How frustrating! Hopefully you guys will all get new ones soon. I truly cant believe that they wouldn't even bother to measure the space before they implement a replacement plan like that. Kinda makes you wonder who they have in charge!

It sounds like you are really motiviated and I hope that you continue to have major success Good luck on the 5lb challenge!!
JennAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by alassea View Post
hi sunday thanks for dropping by. it's nice to have some company once in a while. luckily I don't mind talking to myself as I find myself highly entertaining

I can see that my journal has been viewed a couple of hundred times. i'm sure the reactions are either or or "I don't get....what does she mean?"

come back any time
Like I said. We think alike.

Now whether that means that we might have some hidden issues and that we are scary to the rest of the LCF world???? Who knows?!???

I think we all have to find something to strive for and in my life, I don't yet have a journal. Maybe someday soon. I do have a message thread that I frequent, and it is about the "Perfect Health Plan" by Paul Jaminet. Does it mean that I will perfect my health? Not sure? But I do know that I feel better than I did prior to following his advice.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
wow.....visitors
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennAZ View Post
I stopped by and read your journal. Congrats on all the progress that you have made so far. I have a big old stack of size 18s & size 20s in my closet that I cannot wait to be able to fit back into.

I am thinking that I may try out the quiche recipe that you posted over the weekend. I am always looking for new things to try out. You fridge story was something else! How frustrating! Hopefully you guys will all get new ones soon. I truly cant believe that they wouldn't even bother to measure the space before they implement a replacement plan like that. Kinda makes you wonder who they have in charge!

It sounds like you are really motiviated and I hope that you continue to have major success Good luck on the 5lb challenge!!
jenn, drop by any time!

i'll tell ya , if it wasn't for danskin yoga pants, I would have been running around nekkid!

I want to know how is it possible to fit into size xl danskin yoga pants but yet I couldn't comfortably button and zip a pair of size 20 old navy corderouy pants with lots of spandex in them at the beginning of my weight-loss journey?

I love when I lose enough weight that I can go shopping in my own closet.

one of my life-long goals is to find a denim jacket that fits me and looks good on me. I have spent years searching goodwill/salvation army for that ever elusive wardrobe essential.

I have some jackets that I have bought/collected over the years, they are hanging in the back of my closet.....waiting to come forward into the light of day. I will eventually get to point , weight-wise, where they will fit but I will have to wait & see if one of them will be the "one".

I hope that you like the quiche recipe. I am by no means a good cook but I can claim that as of today I have not wounded or killed anyone with my cooking

i'm sure with all the lurking you've done here that you know who linda sue is and where to find her website with all her recipes. my only suggestion for preparing the quiche is that I put just the eggs into my ninja blender and blend away so that the whites & yolks are totally blended then I add the eggs to the cream and hand-mix from there.

as far as getting a new fridge....the one that I have now (in my apt) works fine... no funny noises, no issues with too cold/not cold enough, etc. i'm really in no hurry to get a new one. for me, it's just the inconvenience of having to hang around all day waiting, waiting, waiting and then when they (maintenance guy and a sweaty fridge guy) do show up, it will be a frenzy to get all the stuff out of the fridge and then get out of their way so they can swap fridges.

my building has one of the biggest rumor mills I have ever encountered .the latest rumor going around was that it's all the fault of the fridge company because 1/2 of the inventory of fridges that they delivered were the wrong size. I don't know who's to blame but I do know that no one came , with a tape measure, to measure the space that my fridge sits in.

but then....my building is about 40 years old so I would hope that the property manager has a computer file somewhere that has that kind of information in it.

I will probably never win a 5 lb challenge, i'm just happy to show any kind of a loss even if it's just 1/2 lb my only chance of winning would be if i had food poisoning and everything was coming out (non-stop) at both ends! and i would proudly claim that weight loss

Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. (seen on Pinterest)
Old 07-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Like I said. We think alike.

Now whether that means that we might have some hidden issues and that we are scary to the rest of the LCF world???? Who knows?!???

I think we all have to find something to strive for and in my life, I don't yet have a journal. Maybe someday soon. I do have a message thread that I frequent, and it is about the "Perfect Health Plan" by Paul Jaminet. Does it mean that I will perfect my health? Not sure? But I do know that I feel better than I did prior to following his advice.
hiya sunday

i think what you meant to say was great minds think alike !. sometimes it is difficult to convey nuances thru the written/typed word (even with the help of smilies).

you know you may be right.....maybe we are scary to the rest of LCF because i thought i was just a plain old ordinary thread-killer. thanks for pointing out another one of my special talents!

i promise if you start a journal that i will come over and visit and we can be scary together

i admit i don't know anything about the "perfect health plan" but at least you found a thread where you don't scare everybody!

ok, back to serious stuff here..... all i know for sure is that i need a plan that i can live with for the rest of my life. it doesn't matter if a plan has excellent results or fast results or unbelievable health benefits, i'm not going to stick to it if i don't like the list of "acceptable foods" and all the rules that will result in achieving that weightloss & better health.

so if weight watchers works for you, go for it and count calories because i'm too lazy, yes i am! if you wanna be a vegetarian, be my guest and here ....take all my veggies while you're at it cuz i don't like them that much anyway. I've seen the foods for nutra-systems need i say more?

so i know for me, i can live with atkins/low carb

see ya!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

ok back to the rest of the story about the fridges......once i find out it was a "false alarm" and we're not gonna get our fridges on the first floor, i go back to my neighbor's apartment (she's on the 1st floor too).

while i was busy warning all my other neighbors, she was emptying her fridge contents onto her countertops. after she gets all the stuff out of her fridge the maintenence guy and the fridge guy go to her apartment, take one look at her fridge/fridge space and say "the new one won't fit. ok...bye". well she was sputteringly P.O.'ed that she emptied her fridge for nothing.

now let me stop here to say my neighbor is in her 70's, she's on a walker, she suffers dizzy spells and she has 3 herniated disks. she really is in no condition to be emptying a fridge...getting down there to clear off the bottom shelf and the two vegetable draws! but she did!!!

so she starts giving the guys a piece of her mind. the maintenence guy says "well we can take the old fridge now if you want" so she says "where am i going to put all my stuff in the meantime?" and he says "i don't know" . i think that pretty much left her speechless. so by the time i get back to her apartment, she's practically in tears because she's too exhausted and in too much pain to put everything back in her old fridge.

so i tell her i'll put everything back in, just pull a kitchen chair over next to the fridge so you can tell me where you'd like everything to go.

her fridge has the glass shelves and now that everything is sitting on the counter, she can see how dirty the shelves really are, so she's telling me to wipe the shelves off and hands me the papertowels. well, papertowels alone are not gonna clean that glass so i ask for the spray cleaner too. once i start spraying i realize "ok, it's just easier to pull the freakin' shelves out and try to rinse them in the sink" (also i have my head stuck in a fridge full of spray cleaner odor/fumes). so i pulled out all three glass shelves and both plastic vegetable crisper drawers, sprayed them , rinsed them then dried them with the paper towels , then got all the glass shelves back in with out me dropping or shattering any of them (yay me!) .

now that her fridge is clean , she starts telling me where everything goes but first she wants to make sure that everything we're putting back in is ok because her fridge freezes food if it's in the back of the fridge so we're checking the jars of pickles (yes, opening and smelling them), jars of olives (one jar of olives looked beyond icky so i said i'm not even gonna open that one) and some bottles you could see that the contents had separated so into the trash they went.

it took about hour to wash the inside of the fridge and get all the stuff back in there. now i'm hot, sweaty, my shoulder hurts from wiping down the walls and bottom of the fridge (i'm not as flexible as i used to be!) and the fumes are giving me a headache.

but that's ok....my neighbor was happy to have everything back where it belonged. i told her that for the next year she had to let me win at phase 10 (she's very lucky at cards and she hates to lose). i look over at the kitchen table and there's $10 sitting there, she says "that's for you, don't argue with me, take it". i told her she still has to let me win at phase 10 for a year!

let me end this by saying I HATE HOUSEWORK! if there is a phobia out there for people who have an aversion to housework, i have it!

i won't clean my own fridge, not to that extent (like taking out shelves).....especially now that i'm eventually getting a new one, why would i clean my old one!!!??? what are they gonna do with a couple of hundred old fridges? street art?, landfill?, use them for parts?, sell them at auction?, turn them into dog condos??? sorry but the next new owner can wash mine. thank you very much!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

i made a big pot of soup yesterday:

chicken stock
2 bags of coleslaw cabbage
a whole package of celery
1/3 cup of diced onions
2 small cans of bamboo shoots
6 Italian pork sausages

i just let it all simmer on the stove top for three hours

i also have a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon in the fridge, and six more sausages. so i'm all set for lunches or dinners for the next week.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

3 Minute Mounds Cheesecake-Induction Friendly!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We came up with this on the Coconut thread, but the possibilities are endless! It's induction friendly too!

3 Minute Mounds Cheesecake

2 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 tsp coconut extract-more or less to taste (or extract of choice for other varieties)
3 T coconut oil (I used virgin oil for the coconut flavor, but use a refined oil if you don't want the coconut flavor in other varieties)
1 full T cocoa
1/4 cup Chocolate Davinci's- more or less to taste (or flavor of choice for other varieties)
1 egg- beaten

Mix all ingredients and microwave in a Pam sprayed microwave safe bowl (cereal size) for 3 minutes. Chill thoroughly and enjoy!

Other varieties for those brave souls...
chocolate with mint extract
chocolate with orange or raspberry extract
chocolate with Kaluha davincis
chocolate with some peanut butter mixed in for "reese's" cheesecake
chocolate with some instant coffee crystals for "mocha" cheesecake
omit the cocoa and use vanilla davincis for plain cheesecake
Add minicarb chips to the plain recipe for choc. chip cheesecake (after induction!)
Pick a flavor of Davinci's and get creative!

After induction you can add minicarb chips and unsweetened coconut for a truer Mounds flavor!

i found the above recipe here on lcf yesterday and gave it a go. i didn't have the ingredients listed so i had to tweek it . i only used sf Kahlua davinci syrup to replace the coconut extract & cocoa, and i adjusted the amount of sf syrup to my liking.

i softened the cream cheese in the microwave and i put the egg, coconut oil & syrup into my ninja blender. then i added the egg mixture to the soften cream cheese and used my electric hand mixer to blend everything.

i poured everything in to a small shallow pyrex bowl (i would call it a small pie plate?) and nuked starting on three minutes. i kept an eye on it and stopped it halfway to see how it looked and put it back in. i took it before 3 minutes because it looked done (the amount of cooking time will vary depending on the microwave)
Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

3 Minute Mounds Cheesecake-Induction Friendly!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We came up with this on the Coconut thread, but the possibilities are endless! It's induction friendly too!

3 Minute Mounds Cheesecake

2 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 tsp coconut extract-more or less to taste (or extract of choice for other varieties)
3 T coconut oil (I used virgin oil for the coconut flavor, but use a refined oil if you don't want the coconut flavor in other varieties)
1 full T cocoa
1/4 cup Chocolate Davinci's- more or less to taste (or flavor of choice for other varieties)
1 egg- beaten

Mix all ingredients and microwave in a Pam sprayed microwave safe bowl (cereal size) for 3 minutes. Chill thoroughly and enjoy!

Other varieties for those brave souls...
chocolate with mint extract
chocolate with orange or raspberry extract
chocolate with Kaluha davincis
chocolate with some peanut butter mixed in for "reese's" cheesecake
chocolate with some instant coffee crystals for "mocha" cheesecake
omit the cocoa and use vanilla davincis for plain cheesecake
Add minicarb chips to the plain recipe for choc. chip cheesecake (after induction!)
Pick a flavor of Davinci's and get creative!

After induction you can add minicarb chips and unsweetened coconut for a truer Mounds flavor!

i found the above recipe here on lcf yesterday and gave it a go. i didn't have the ingredients listed so i had to tweek it . i only used sf Kahlua davinci syrup to replace the coconut extract & cocoa, and i adjusted the amount of sf syrup to my liking.

i softened the cream cheese in the microwave and i put the egg, coconut oil & syrup into my ninja blender. then i added the blended egg mixture to the soften cream cheese and used my electric hand mixer to blend everything.

i poured everything in to a small shallow pyrex bowl (i would call it a small pie plate?) and nuked starting on three minutes. i kept an eye on it and stopped it halfway to see how it looked and put it back in. i took it out before 3 minutes because it looked done & the center was set .

the amount of cooking time will vary depending on the microwave.

i stuck it in the fridge for about 30 minutes (i couldn't wait any longer).

my opinion is that it tasted like a cross between the cheese cake muffins and a mock Danish.

i liked it because it had the flavor and texture/mouth feel of a cheesecake and it used less cream cheese (therefore less carbs) than the muffin recipe to achieve that goal.

i would definitely make this again. the only carbs in the recipe the way i made it are from the cream cheese and the egg so if you follow the recipe as originally written be sure to adjust your carb count!

looks like i did a double post....i think i hit some keys too much/too fast

Last edited by alassea; 07-21-2013 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: oops
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Here's another old standby from the recipe room...

Nookie Pudding

8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
1 cup heavy cream
3 teaspoons vanilla
8 packages artificial sweetener -- to taste
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Whip the cream cheese and 1/2 cup whipping cream in mixer. Add vanilla, artificial sweetener, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream. Blend until thick and creamy.

i would definitely need to have some portion control with this one if i were to make it. since i use davinci syrup for my sweetner, i would only need cream cheese, heavy cream and syrup. i also like the fact that you don't need to cook or nuke this recipe....just mix and done!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Alassea , just found your journal and glad to see you doing so well on your plan !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Oh, gee, the neighbor and her fridge! You sound like one fantastic neighbor alassea!

I agree with you on staying with the plan that you know will be doable for the long haul. I have never, ever understood the NutriSystem or Jenny Craig folks. I just can't!

Your soup sounds amazing! Have a good day!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Alassea , just found your journal and glad to see you doing so well on your plan !
hi laura

thanks for dropping by. this certainly isn't my first attempt at atkins, I've been lurking/reading here since 2007 . i was successful at losing 90 lbs back then on atkins, but then life stepped in and threw me a wicked curve ball that totally changed my lifestyle.

so i regained most of the weight i lost but thankfully i didn't regain all of it. so here i am, back at it again.

for me, this is a very livable plan.

stop in anytime!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Oh, gee, the neighbor and her fridge! You sound like one fantastic neighbor alassea!

I agree with you on staying with the plan that you know will be doable for the long haul. I have never, ever understood the NutriSystem or Jenny Craig folks. I just can't!

Your soup sounds amazing! Have a good day!
hi sunday

my neighbor is a very sweet lady. we watch out for each other, I've got her back and she has mine. she always invites me over for coffee (one of her daughters bought her a kuerig coffee maker) and to play cards.....she is a card shark, i swear she has a never-ending supply of (phase 10) wild cards taped under her side of the table

my neighbor wanted to try nutrasystems after she saw the infomercial on tv. i told her i'd check it out on line to see what kind of feedback it was getting. they sell it on qvc so i went there to read the comments. there were a lot of complaints about the food. i also checked out their website and after trying to figure out what it would really cost her to do the program, it wasn't affordable for someone on a fixed income.

i buy the cabbage already chopped, the onions are frozen & chopped, the bamboo shoots are canned, the broth comes in boxes....all i have to do is chop the celery and bake the sausages (i make stuff in the oven because i don't have an exhaust fan/hood over my stove). so even i can make a pot of soup!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

i'm trying something new today. i usually make my morning coffee with 5 pumps of sf davinci syrup and heavy cream. this is my only cup of coffee per day, it's 16 oz and it takes me 2 hours to drink it while i check out lcf and surf the net.

today i made it with just the heavy cream. it took me a couple of sips to get used to the fact that it wasn't sweet so i'm ok with it now.

before re-starting atkins i used to drink my coffee black & unsweetened (i'm very low-maintenance). i drink it with the heavy cream to add fat which keeps me from getting hungry (stomach growling) until close to lunch time.

the less artificial sweetners, the better. that's just my opinion. i'm not giving them up entirely, i just don't want to use it in my coffee and later in the day use it in an egg recipe.

i can adapt to unsweetened coffee so now i'll still use the syrups but i'll be using less per day.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ! Sorry about the curve ball but reading your journal you sound like a happy well rounded person with lots of friends and interests . Great !

I enjoy your humor........ Nice to read a journal that makes you smile

You have me wanting to try Goodwill..... I keep buying clothes too small....get frustrated that they don't fit. Then return them and get larger clothes and then tell myself NO I'm not gonna "grow" into them and I return them. DH says "why do you shop when you return everything ?" lol ! I'm crazy !
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennAZ
Stats: 306.1/298/199
Start Date: July 2013
I cannot wait until I get to shop in my own closet again! You are totally right! The elusive jacket - I have always wanted to have one look good on me also but they are a definite no can do for me. They make me look even LARGER than I am! Maybe once I loose a lot of weight they will look nice.....

I didnt have time this weekend to cook the quiche, my husband surprised me with a weekend getaway so we ate every meal out. It was quite a test since I just started low carb but I passed with flying colors. So anyways I am going to run errands tomorrow and pick up some stuff and try it later in the week.

That was very nice of you to help your neighbor the way that you did with the fridge. I am sure that she appreciated it more than you realize. It is a shame the way they blew her off. I always have such a hard time with people who are rude or inconsiderate to others. I always wonder would they treat a person they love- or a member of their family the same way?!? I just don't understand how they live with themselves knowing they are a jerk. Thats defienetly not the way I want to be

Congrats on the coffee/artificial sweetner victory. I unforunately still rely on quite a few things like this that I know I should try to phase out eventually.

Hope you have a good week!
JennAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks ! Sorry about the curve ball but reading your journal you sound like a happy well rounded person with lots of friends and interests . Great !

I enjoy your humor........ Nice to read a journal that makes you smile

You have me wanting to try Goodwill..... I keep buying clothes too small....get frustrated that they don't fit. Then return them and get larger clothes and then tell myself NO I'm not gonna "grow" into them and I return them. DH says "why do you shop when you return everything ?" lol ! I'm crazy !
hi laura

the way i see it is if you don't laugh, you're gonna cry. i think i'm very lucky that i have a weird sense of humor and was able to see the absurdity of the situation. it also helped greatly to eventually find some other people and we were able to form our little clique . we would (two or more or all) hang out together during meals. that kind of moral support really helped.

the thing i love about goodwill is that unless the clothes are priced otherwise, they are $4.99 or less. also every week a different colored tag is 50% off. and for a yearly fee of $10 i get a discount card that takes an addition 10% off the price (and you get 50% off all your purchases on your birthday with your discount card).

i refuse to buy any larger sized clothes unless it's a brand-name hoodie in excellent condition, in a color i like. during the colder months i dress in layers for going outdoors and rather than turn up the heat, i just throw on more layers (this was drilled into me as a kid....my mom would not turn up the thermostat, we were told to put on a sweater, hats, gloves whatever if we were cold).

sometimes buying smaller clothes at goodwill can be hit-or-miss. you get down to the weight where you're finally wearing that size and when you try the clothing on, it doesn't fit right. but I've been shopping at goodwill since the seventies (i used to get all my broken-in jeans for 99cents a pair, then patch them) so in the long-run i know I've saved a lot of money and still look in-style over the decades.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennAZ View Post
I cannot wait until I get to shop in my own closet again! You are totally right! The elusive jacket - I have always wanted to have one look good on me also but they are a definite no can do for me. They make me look even LARGER than I am! Maybe once I loose a lot of weight they will look nice.....

I didnt have time this weekend to cook the quiche, my husband surprised me with a weekend getaway so we ate every meal out. It was quite a test since I just started low carb but I passed with flying colors. So anyways I am going to run errands tomorrow and pick up some stuff and try it later in the week.

That was very nice of you to help your neighbor the way that you did with the fridge. I am sure that she appreciated it more than you realize. It is a shame the way they blew her off. I always have such a hard time with people who are rude or inconsiderate to others. I always wonder would they treat a person they love- or a member of their family the same way?!? I just don't understand how they live with themselves knowing they are a jerk. Thats defienetly not the way I want to be

Congrats on the coffee/artificial sweetner victory. I unforunately still rely on quite a few things like this that I know I should try to phase out eventually.

Hope you have a good week!
hi jenn

once i find my dream denim jacket, i swear i will scour ebay to find at least one duplicate so i will be able to rotate between the two. i like my denim broken-in so if someone else wants to do that for me, that's ok with me

i hope you had a nice getaway with the hubby and good for you, for staying on plan

the whole "fridge fiasco" was just from start to finish. it was one of those 90+ degrees days with high humidity so everyone was hot and sweaty right from the get-go. and it got worse when they realized they had the wrong size fridges. you figure they were gonna swap out at least 50+ fridges (approx. 1/2 the building). i don't know how many apartments eventually got new fridges that day.

i don't think very much went right that day so by the time they "surprised" us tenants on the first floor at the last minute (late in the afternoon), i think we were probably the straw that broke the camel's back. everybody was cranky by this time.

i'm not saying saying anybody was right or wrong. i think the maintenance guy was just being sarcastic and my neighbor was just not in the mood to hear it.

today was the second morning with no sf syrup in my coffee. i admit i like the luxury of having it in my coffee but then i use it in my egg recipes too. i just feel like i'm using too much (for me) during the day. i'm willing to give it up for my coffee and just use it for eggs.

the eggs are a good cheap source of protein so they are more important (nutrition-wise) than my coffee. i know that i'm addicted to the caffeine and i'll drink my coffee no matter what.

drop in any time!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

freakin' scale ever since my scale said 251.8, starting the next day it has been bouncing up & down between 2 - 3 lbs.

the pattern was that i'd lose, then bounce up a bit then lose the "bounce-up" plus lose another pound as well.

can't blame the humidity, not today, and i've been on plan food-wise.

i tend to weigh myself almost every day mostly because i don't want to wait one whole week just to find out that i've gained. i want to know "when" i gained so i can see if there is any pattern evolving. i can handle an upward bounce but this current constant bouncing is starting to annoy me.

i've noticed that the pair of size 20 jeans that i have been wearing are not as tight so i figured i would try on my size 18 jeans just to see how they felt. in a previous post i said that i could button/zip them but could only sit in them for a few minutes mainly because the waist band was digging into my layer of fat. so today i tried them on and they definitely were not as tight but they are still too uncomfortable to wear for any length of time.

so even tho the scale is messing with me lately, i can tell by my jeans that i've lost something

i'm on a challenge that goes til labor day where my goal is to fit into my old pair of size 16 jeans. at this point i will be happy if i can just get those jeans up over my hips.....never mind about zipping & buttoning

maybe my stupid scale needs a new battery, i think i bought it about a year ago.

i just want to say something about my layer of fat....it has served me well every winter because you know you're gonna slip on an icy patch and land on your butt. i can proudly say "no broken hips here, thank you layer of fat"
of course trying to get my butt up off the sidewalk after falling is a different story! i am not so graceful then, i'm usually laughing too hard because i know how stupid i look especially when you know people are looking at you
Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

i made a big pot of hamburger/rotel/cream cheese last nite. it's an easy one pot meal and it reheats well in the microwave.

i like a recipe with few ingredients. it makes it easier to track the carbs per serving, and this is a "dense" meal so i tend to eat a small bowl of it. (i use my bigger bowls for soup because of the broth).

i got on the scale this morning and i am just 1 lb over my lowest weight so it looks like i am slowwwwwwwwly losing my "bounce-up". i really would like to see 249.9 on the scale even if it's only for just one day!

it's Wednesday so that means tea time today at 2pm. i'm not hosting so i have no control over what food is being served. i will be eating my lunch before i go so that i'm not (stomach-growling) hungry and i'll be wearing my size 20 jeans as further incentive not to eat anything off plan. and i'll be bringing my 20 oz water bottle.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

have fun ! Recipe sounds good. I'm doing a meat/egg fast ( mostly eggs ) for a few days to try and get scale moving .......
Old 07-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
have fun ! Recipe sounds good. I'm doing a meat/egg fast ( mostly eggs ) for a few days to try and get scale moving .......
hi laura

our tea time was cancelled today because our hostess was not feeling well so I hung out with my first floor neighbor. we did laundry (my building has a laundry room w/ 5 washers/dryers) and played cards to pass the time.

i got the recipe for the hamburger/rotel/cream cheese on here (lcf) a few years ago. i think it was one of those recipes that was supposed to "make the whoosh fairy visit you"

i like it because it has only 3 ingredients that's my kind of cooking!

I've been reading the meat and egg fast thread (the really big one) for about a week now and I've noticed there's a renewed interest in it and now the latest one for just eggs.

i have been thinking about trying it (the eggs only) but i really need to plan how to make my eggs. it seems that right now all my egg recipes involve davinci sf syrup and cream cheese.

i would need to practice my egg poaching technique . i think i would be ok with devilled eggs or egg salad but i don't like fried eggs (it's a texture thing).

and of course i'm ok with egg creams too....raw eggs don't bother me.

but for now i still have hamb/rotel/cc in the fridge, as well as two dozen eggs

good luck with the egg fast!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

this recipe was posted by Ginaaaaaa over in the recipe section

Chicken Lazone-This is fabulous!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so good! My family loves this dish. You'll want to drink the sauce, it's that good!! I found this recipe on recipezaar and always made this in my high carb days, and realized that it's already low carb. Try it, you will love it.

Chicken Lazone

SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Ingredients
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.

everyone was raving about this recipe so I figured I would put it in here. I haven't tried it yet. I really don't make chicken that often but I think this would be a good recipe for when I need a change from beef & pork.

how can you not like something that has butter and heavy cream in it? before I could make this, I would need to buy the spices.

as you can see my kitchen lacks a lot of basic items. I think the only spice I have in my cabinet is cinnamon. I don't even own a salt & pepper shaker
Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I decided that I would attempt to poach some eggs for lunch and rather than just eat the eggs by themselves, I made a one-minute-muffin to go with them (kinda like a low carb version of dropped-egg-on-toast).

i'm a bit rusty making poached eggs .I used to make them in a wok pan, now I have to make due with a medium sized pot with a lid . the eggs came out ok but I think i'm gonna have to get some pam so they'll slide out easier.

I used 1/2 of the OMM with the eggs and toasted the other 1/2 in the toaster oven with lots of butter (everything is better with butter)

i'm definitely full because the OMM has 1/4 cup of flax in it. I think between the flax and all the butter it will keep me full for a couple of hours.

I have my hamb/rotel/cream cheese for dinner. last nite I added some shredded cheese to the bowl when I nuked it. this recipe does taste better the 2nd and third day because the ingredients have a chance to meld together.

I usually only eat twice a day because my coffee keeps me satisfied until around 11 or 12, then I usually eat dinner around 6pm. I try not to eat after 8pm.

I have observed that I don't feel a need for dessert after dinner. I think because i'll make an egg dish with cream cheese & sf syrup that I feel satisfied and don't need an additional dessert.

last time I did atkins I was eating chocoperfection chocolate bars, dove sf candies and godiva sf chocolate bars (not all at once!). i didn't go over my carb limit but i'm sure that i could have lost weight faster. at that time i really needed chocolate in order to stay on plan.

this time around i'm not craving chocolate
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

I have made the chicken lazone...... it is pretty good . I have probably 30-40 spices at least !! I love to cook and use all kinds of spices to do it . You are so funny, no salt and pepper shakers ?? wow !

Another REALLY good chicken recipe is Jalapeno popper chicken ~~ it's so easy and is fabulous ! Even DH loves it ! It is on it's own thread --

Good luck with the eggs. I am still eating deviled eggs, but i had to add in some LC food yesterday - I felt bad and it seemed to help.

Have a great day !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

i need to vent for a minute (or longer)!

i consider myself to be very lucky that i have an end unit in my apartment building. this means i only have one wall that is common with my next door neighbor, so her living room is on the other side of my bedroom wall.

i have my bed up against this common wall because the other side of my bedroom has my computer/internet connection & my work/office/craft table up against it.

i can usually tell when she has her tv on during the day/evening (when i'm in my bedroom but not when i'm in my living room) because i can hear it but it's certainly not loud enough that i can make out what is being said or what music is being played (but i can hear the bass from the music).

I've never been in her apartment but I've chatted with her while she was standing in her doorway so i know that her living room seating (couch/recliner) is against my bedroom wall and her tv/stereo is on the opposite wall facing her couch/recliner.

when i go to bed at nite , i keep my computer on and fall asleep watching hulu or youtube , i just select a playlist that will run for 8-10 hours. i consider this to be "white noise" to me and the light from the computer is my "nite light". even when my laptop is at full volume, it's not that loud....if i go into the other room i can't hear it very well (i usually pause what i'm watching until i come back into the room).

ok.....last nite i go to bed, i fall asleep (no problem) but i woke up because i had to pee (yup, time for my nightly exercise) and when i went back to bed i could hear her stereo/music playing (i thought it sounded louder than usual). i can usually block it out by concentrating on what's playing on my computer but as soon as i put my head on my pillow (i sleep on my side) i could hear/feel the music coming up thru my pillow

i looked at my clock to see what time it was....it was 1:30am ! the longer i layed there listening to the thump-thump-thump coming up thru my pillow the more po'd i got. i kicked the wall a few times but that had no affect.

another thirty minutes go by and the music is still playing at the same volume and i'm trying to decide if i wanna get up and rearrange my bedroom furniture at 2am or do i wanna just lay in bed fuming and swearing!

well i chose to lay there swearing and fuming. i wasn't gonna try to move furniture by myself at that hour.

i eventually fell back to sleep because i was exhausted (swearing takes a lot of energy) and by the time i woke up to go pee again she had turned the music off. i don't know what time it was but it was still dark outside. i was able to go back to bed/sleep.

so today i will be rearranging my bedroom (even tho I've had it set up this way for 1 1/2 years).

freaking neighbor.....this is not a disco!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have made the chicken lazone...... it is pretty good . I have probably 30-40 spices at least !! I love to cook and use all kinds of spices to do it . You are so funny, no salt and pepper shakers ?? wow !

Another REALLY good chicken recipe is Jalapeno popper chicken ~~ it's so easy and is fabulous ! Even DH loves it ! It is on it's own thread --

Good luck with the eggs. I am still eating deviled eggs, but i had to add in some LC food yesterday - I felt bad and it seemed to help.

Have a great day !
hi laura

i had to look for my bag of flax meal today and i found my cinnamon and my chili powder while i was "excavating" in the back of the cabinet.

when i moved into my apartment over a year ago, i had to start from scratch. i don't really cook that much so i haven't bought any spices unless i really needed them. i think i bought the cinnamon to sprinkle in my coffee
but can't remember why i bought the chili

i don't add extra salt to my food ( i think the only time i add extra salt to anything is mcdonald's french fries/grease sticks!....as if they don't have enough salt on them already).

i will probably try the chicken lazone soon, just to have something other than beef or pork. i can always dice up any leftovers and make them into soup.

i think I've seen the popper recipe , i'll have to go look for it. thanks for the recommendation.

i like the idea of the egg fast (simplicity) and i know it's only for 3 days (longer if you really really really really love eggs) but i'm not sure i could eat 8 -12 eggs per day like some are doing

I've been looking for egg cream recipes just to get some ideas. if i can come up with an variety of egg styles/recipes so that i don't get ......well i might just give it a go

thanks for dropping by
Old 07-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

well, did you find out why she did that ? Think she fell asleep with it on or something ?

Don't worry we all rant sometimes. I have done my share lol !

I've never had an egg cream. Not sure I could do that........

Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe you can get to bed early tonight. hope so ........
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
well, did you find out why she did that ? Think she fell asleep with it on or something ?

Don't worry we all rant sometimes. I have done my share lol !

I've never had an egg cream. Not sure I could do that........

Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe you can get to bed early tonight. hope so ........
hi laura

i really don't see how she could have fallen asleep with it on....it was keeping me awake and i was the other side of the wall!

i think she was just up late, enjoying her music i think i should be happy that she wasn't singing along, off key

ok, a little background here first:
there is a community room in our building , it has a full kitchen and has 10 good sized tables with chairs. there are usually get-togethers/functions for the different holidays . all the tenants are invited .

so there was a valentine's day dinner . everybody ate (we had KFC brought in...fried chicken with all the sides & dessert) and every one broke up into their little cliques. i was sitting with my tea-time buddies (three very nice ladies) and my bedroom wall neighbor. (so there were 5 of us at our table just gabbing). there were probably 20 other people there, sitting at other tables.

there are two guys that live in the building that hang out and when they are together they are like two moronic high school butt heads. they're loud and obnoxious (they think they are hilarious) and like to bully some of the quieter or weaker tenants in the building. they are always looking for a reaction, and the more you react, the more moronic and louder and irritating they get.

so they decided to pick on my bedroom wall neighbor that nite. at first she responded to them then you could see that she was po'd and she just got quiet. she sat there staring at them, getting madder & madder (you could tell by the look on her face). so she quietly got up and slowly walked over to one of the guys that had been bullying her and smashed an empty soda can on his head (not only did she smash it....she smashed & twisted it).

everyone in the room either saw it happen or heard it happen. when she walked over to him no one was expecting her to do that. then just as quietly she came back to her seat and sat down.

then the police were called.

everyone who witnessed the incident was interviewed by the police, blah ,blah blah. at one point they were going to arrest her, then for some reason the complaint was withdrawn.

the property manager was notified the next day of the assault and then the rumors started flying about who would be evicted.

there was no denying that she crushed a soda can on his head.

there's a lot more to it but the guy that was assaulted moved out (not evicted, he voluntarily moved) of the building and my bedroom wall neighbor still lives here. i don't know any details.

so my tea-time group refers to that incident as the "st. valentine's day massacre".

between that big incident and other little discrepancies in things she's said & done since then, me and my first floor friend/neighbor just say hi & bye to her, we keep the chit-chat to a bare minimum.

if the noise issue becomes an ongoing thing then i would go to the property manager, tell her the problem and let them handle it.

right now it's 10 pm and i can't hear her tv, sounds like it's off.

that's ok , i moved my bed and put my storage boxes up against the common wall.

maybe this floor plan will be more feng shui and i'll sleep better