WOE: kiss atkins
just put a broccoli quiche in the oven!
alassea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
was busy as a yesterday so didn't get a chance to post. every Wednesday myself and 3 other ladies in my building have what we call"tea time", and yesterday was my week to be the hostess. the four of us get together weekly for coffee/tea and snacks. we don't start until 2 in the afternoon so everyone has usually eaten lunch so no one serves anything too heavy. I usually serve ceasar salad (the salad kit that has everything included) and then i make a fresh fruit salad with watermelon, blackberries, raspberries and grapes.

since i started lo-carbing i don't eat the fruit salad (and i make sure that someone takes the leftovers home with them) and i make sure that I've had a filling lunch so that i'm not tempted with the fruit salad. if i want something, i'll have some ceasar salad without the croutons.

beverages are coffee, tea, lemonade (crystal light) or water.

so because it was my turn to host, i had to do some basic housework . that means the minimum amount necessary, like washing the dishes (gotta serve the food on something!), clearing off the kitchen table (the nerve center of my day-to-day operations and the "dumping-ground" for stuff), clearing off the kitchen chairs because i tend to use them as tables, a quick sweep, clean the bathroom (no hair/toothpaste in or on the sink and swab the toilet) and open the windows and light some incence .

we wind up eating and chatting for an hour or more and then we play a board game or card game. lately we have been playing the board game "sorry" and our little group can get quite cut throat ! we get a little rambunctious so it's a good thing i live in a corner unit so we don't disturb anyone (at least we've had no complaints).

if we don't play sorry, we play phase 10 (card game). you definitely need to think about strategy but it's also about luck (cards that you're dealt and what you pick up).

with all the gabbing and fun playing games, tea time ended at 7:30 last nite. after everyone left, i had some broccoli quiche and some sausage patties.

i did drink a liter of water during tea time so i started a second liter and drank at least 1/2 of that before going to bed.

Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. (seen on Pinterest)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

here's a short term goal i'd like to accomplish....i'd like to be able to clip my toe nails without cutting off my circulation (from bending over) and without getting winded! i'm right handed so my right foot is easier to access, but trying to do my left foot ? it's good to have long toenails on the left foot if you happen to be lying in bed and the back of your right leg is itchy but that is the extent of their usefulness. hopefully i will be able to comfortably reach my left foot to clip them before they start tearing thru the toes of my shoes
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

i think i will make a big pot of soup this weekend with chicken stock, shredded cabbage, celery, bamboo shoots and TJ Italian style chicken sausage.

i am not a fan of beef or pork products reinvented with poultry. in my opinion burgers should be made with beef and sausage should be made with pork. i do not like ground turkey, turkey burgers, turkey bacon , chicken burgers or chicken sausage. there are not enough condiments in the world to cover up the taste and texture.

that being said, hope springs eternal, and i'm willing to try stuff once. i did try the Trader Joe's italian style chicken sausage. i didn't try them "naked", but i did add them to a pot of soup and i actually thought they tasted good. they have plenty of Italian seasoning in them and also red and green peppers.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

here's some crow humor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0e36b21e74e2d0bc4ee6f3bf487bc4cb.jpg (24.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

every morning when i get up, i make my coffee and get on here to check out the new posts. i'll do this through out the day and i'll read what ever thread titles catch my eye or if i see the name of a member that i like to read.

you can see from my info that i follow atkins but i enjoy reading all the other plans that have their own section like JUDDD, NK, the meat and egg fast under the "other plans" section. just because they aren't following the same plan as i am certainly doesn't mean that there's nothing of interest there! so go and explore!

I've read threads about apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, bulletproof coffee, chia seeds, diatomaceous earth and all kinds of products, and those threads led me to do research elsewhere on the web.

also go check out the stickies and check out all the old stuff in the different forums, you might be surprised with what you find.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

i know i'm planning to make soup this weekend but i just wanted to mention another good easy 3-ingredient recipe, it's hamburger/rotel tomatoes/cream cheese.

it's a one pot meal, you just cook the hamburger and drain the fat, add a can of rotel tomatoes and a block (8 oz) of cream cheese. when the cream cheese is melted, you're done!

i eyeball the amount of hamburger but i usually get at least 1 1/2 lbs of the 80% fat hamburger. i also make sure i have an extra can of rotel and an extra block of cream cheese just in case i feel i need to add more.

this reheats well in the microwave.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

i mentioned my 3 lb bounce up in a previous post and i finally got rid of that 3 lbs plus an extra .2 lbs

i weigh myself on a daily basis so i expect to see the scale go down but i also don't get discouraged by a weight gain of a couple of pounds because i know that i'm following my plan.

even if the scale stays the same, i know there's a possibility that my jeans will feel looser too.

i'm participating in the current 5 lb challenge thread and that 3 lb gain happened right at the beginning of it. i refuse to change my weight numbers to reflect the 3 lb gain. because i knew it would come off and it did, along with that extra .2 lb.

at least i'm no longer listed at 5 lbs, i'm now 4.8 lbs from the 5 lb weight loss goal!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

brand sizes differ !

i have 3 pairs of size 20 jeans/pants (with spandex) from old navy and lane bryant. as of now these pants are loose on me and i can put them on or take them off while they are buttoned and zipped (before i started low carb these pants were getting tight on me). these pants are at the bottom of my pants pile and are there for "just in case of emergency" meaning I've worn every other pair of pants i own and i'll have to wear these until i do my laundry.

now....i have a pair of size 20 jeans with spandex from jc penny and these buggers are tight on me. i can button and zip them and i can sit in them but they definitely force me to sit up straight.

i wore those jeans when i hosted "tea time" two days ago because wearing them certainly reminds me that i would rather wear a smaller size than eat (especially when i'm not experiencing physical hunger but experiencing mental hunger).
Old 07-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I found this recipe over in the NK threads

Cream Cheese Pancakes

Yield: Four 6-inch pancakes

Ingredients

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 packet stevia (or any) sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions

Put all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray. Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries.
Per Batch 344 calories 29G fat, 2.5 net carbs, 17 protein, which comes to something like 85% fat- add some butter on top :-))
Old 07-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

my weight is holding steady today and i joined the new 5 lb challenge. maybe this time i can do better than my .2 lb lose on the previous challenge (darn 3 lb gain!) .

this time around doing low carb i definitely don't feel the need to eat dessert after dinner . i do use davini sugar free syrups in my morning coffee and as the sweetner for any recipe i try ( i usually try to use less sweetner than is stated in a recipe).

prior to doing low carb, dinner was not complete unless i had a pint of hagen daaz or a bag/box of cookies or a chocolate bar. once the container was open, the concept of "leftovers" was inconceivable i mean what's the point of putting that ice cream back in the freezer when more than half is gone??? there's not enough for another serving for the next night! might as well finish it, right? anyway, the ice cream just whispers my name over and over again, beckoning me back to the freezer! and it's the same with cookies..... once you open that bag they are just gonna get stale over night . who wants stale cookies not me, so , might as well eat the whole bag.

so now if i really feel the need to have something "dessert-y" i make the cream cheese muffins.

ya gotta do what ya gotta do to stay on plan.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

i just realized that the recipe i posted for cream cheese pancakes above is the same recipe i used to make what was called "mock cheese danish". looks like the same quantities i used but instead of blending the cream cheese in with the eggs you would just blend all the ingredients , except the cream cheese. cut the cream cheese into small chunks and toss into the egg mixture. microwave for about one minute then stir (some of the egg mixture will have started to cook and the cream cheese is getting melt-y) . put it back in the microwave and continue nuking until the eggs are done to your satisfaction (keep an eye on it & go for 30 second intervals...i like a slightly runny texture). by leaving the cream cheese chunky (rather than totally blended in) you get "pockets" of warm creamy cream cheese.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

went to goodwill again yesterday and had great day finding more "treasures"

my kitchen is woefully lacking in kitchen paraphernalia so i'm always on the look-out for stuff. for example, I've been making my quiche in a corning ware casserole dish which gets the job done but obviously you can't tell if the bottom of the quiche is getting too brown even though you know the top is still jiggly, so i found a pyrex pie plate! it certainly helps to have the right tools for the job. and i also found a muffin top pan as well. i just saw a recipe that i wanted to try that called for this pan. and i finally found one of those microwave splatter guard covers that go over a plate .

i also found some smaller sized clothes for this coming fall....i got a blazer from talbots and a blazer from eddie bauer , an ll bean windbreaker, and a couple of shirts.

also got a bunch of crafting supplies: some crochet hooks, small squares of plastic canvas, a big bag of assorted buttons, a bag of flat bottomed glass rocks and a "coffee table" book with lots of pictures ( i do collages and paper gift boxes so i prefer the heavier glossy paper from the books )
Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

so between two buses to/from the goodwill store and the time spent treasure hunting, i was out and about for 6 hours (on saturday the buses only run about once an hour so you really need to be aware of the time to make connections to the second bus). i only had my coffee (with sf davinci syrup and hwc) before i left and i wasn't hungry (i thought about having an avocado but decided not to).

i had a diet dr pepper while i was waiting for the bus home. i don't usually drink diet soda but every once in a blue moon i have one.

by the time i got home i was hungry (not starving or ravenous) so i made some bacon and i had an avocado with the bacon. that kept me full for the rest of the evening.

i try not to eat after 8pm (i usually got to bed around 10) and i certainly wasn't hungry by then so that was it for food on saturday.

this morning i'm having my coffee and i'll eat when my stomach starts to growl
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

my stomach started growling at 10:30am so i took 3 eggs, 2 pumps of sf davinci syrup, 1 tbs of melted coconut oil and 1 tbs of melted butter , i blended everything in my ninja and microwaved it for 1 minute, took it out and stirred it then back in the microwave for just under 30 seconds more.

to me it tastes like sweet scrambled eggs!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

i just noticed something this evening....... i have rheumatoid arthritis. if/when i experience any pain from it, it occurs from my fingertips up my arms and into my shoulders. usually when i wake up in the morning i'm a little stiff but no real discomfort and it works itself out.

last nite (saturday nite) i started experiencing major pain & stiffness in just my right shoulder just as i was going to bed. i normally toss and turn all nite so every time i tried to turn, the pain would wake me up. and there was no comfortable position for my arm to be in (other than to hold it completely still against my body).

so i wake up sunday morning and the pain is still there and i just want to tape my arm to my torso so i don't move it because it seems no matter what i do it shoots pain up my arm. i'm right handed so i'm trying to use my left hand to do stuff.

i figured this pain was going to be with me for at least a couple of days but around 5pm tonite (sunday) i realized i could move my shoulder , even raise my elbow up. so i go to look at my food journal to see what i had eaten on saturday . it was all foods that i had eaten before. the only new item was a 20 oz diet dr pepper.

i don't usually drink diet soda even before i started low carbing, just an occasional bottle of diet pepsi or coke maybe once a month.

i opened the bottle around 1pm and probably finished it around 4pm

if i was feeling very adventourous , i would experiment by drinking another diet dr pepper in a few days to see if the pain re-occurs but i really don't want to go thru that again.

so no more diet dr pepper!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I love LindaSue's recipes too! I make so many of her recipes on a daily basis I usually make one of her quiches once a week to have in the fridge. And, I love her dinner ideas. My two boys gobble them up!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I love LindaSue's recipes too! I make so many of her recipes on a daily basis I usually make one of her quiches once a week to have in the fridge. And, I love her dinner ideas. My two boys gobble them up!
hi greengeeny i used to be the queen of take-out! now i have to cook for myself and if it wasn't for linda sue's collection of recipes i would be starving and bored with food.
my idea of gourmet kitchen equipment is a corning ware casserole dish with a lid

also if i see that a recipe has more than 5 ingredients (not counting salt & pepper) my eyes just glaze over

another big help for me is the three ingredient thread over in the recipe section

thanks for stopping by
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

check out this beaded spider bracelet....another picture from my idea/inspiration picture file (note: i did not make this)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19b7b6309209ba1aa354d05a885d77b1.jpg (32.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

i stepped on the scale this morning and i have now lost 20.6 lbs in 6 weeks

i live alone so i only have to shop for my own food so there is no off-plan food in the house . i can't tell you how many times i've thought about buying a bag of chips as i do my grocery shopping. why do they always put the crap food at the end of the aisles ?

since i have to take the bus to go grocery shopping, i'm limited as to how much stuff i can get/carry. i have a re-usable store tote bag and once that is filled, that's it.....no more. making a shopping list keeps me on track.

grocery shopping tomorrow, getting stuff to make a big pot of soup: chicken stock, celery, shredded cabbage, bamboo shoots and some pork sausage.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

went grocery shopping this morning, got out early to try to beat the heat. it was about 75 when i left to wait for the bus. the bus stop/bench outside my apartment building is in the shade and there was a nice breeze. and the bus was air conditioned

when i got done shopping i was going to go sit outside and wait for the bus (to get some fresh air) but as soon as i got out the door i was hit with a wave of heat & humidity so i turned right around and went back inside to wait. even though the waiting area for the bus is in the shade, it was just too muggy.

we go by one of those time/temp displays and at 10:30am it was already 90!

i'm lucky that i live on the first floor and on the shady side of the building. yes, i have a lovely view of the parking lot (not a water view like the other side) but because i have no direct sunlight, my apartment stays relatively cool (and heat rises). i really only need a fan to stay cool.

tomorrow is Wednesday and that means "tea time" at 2pm. last week was my turn to host so i had control over the menu. this week my friend/neighbor down the hall is hosting. i did some grocery shopping for her while i was doing my shopping. i know she's going to serve ceasar salad (one those salad in a bag with all the fixings, found in the produce section) and i think she said deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, and jello with fruit cocktail with coolwhip.

i'm ok with the salad because it's the same one that i serve (just no croutons for me). i know she doesn't use sugar so i don't worry about that in the devilled eggs but i'm going have to make sure she doesn't use miracle whip (again ) instead of mayo. i'll nibble on a piece of cheese but i'm not really a "cheese person". the jello will be sugar free but the fruit cocktail is a can of crap. and i bought the coolwhip so i know it's not sugar free (the only other option was fat free) but i don't like coolwhip anyway.

i make sure to eat my lunch around 11-12 so that i'm not hungry/starving when tea time starts. for me it's all about the social aspect of the get-together
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by alassea View Post
so because it was my turn to host, i had to do some basic housework . that means the minimum amount necessary, like washing the dishes (gotta serve the food on something!), clearing off the kitchen table (the nerve center of my day-to-day operations and the "dumping-ground" for stuff), clearing off the kitchen chairs because i tend to use them as tables, a quick sweep, clean the bathroom (no hair/toothpaste in or on the sink and swab the toilet) and open the windows and light some incence .

we wind up eating and chatting for an hour or more and then we play a board game or card game. lately we have been playing the board game "sorry" and our little group can get quite cut throat ! we get a little rambunctious so it's a good thing i live in a corner unit so we don't disturb anyone (at least we've had no complaints).

if we don't play sorry, we play phase 10 (card game). you definitely need to think about strategy but it's also about luck (cards that you're dealt and what you pick up).

with all the gabbing and fun playing games, tea time ended at 7:30 last nite. after everyone left, i had some broccoli quiche and some sausage patties.

i did drink a liter of water during tea time so i started a second liter and drank at least 1/2 of that before going to bed.
alassea,

Hola! I so enjoy your words. I have very small amount of time to read and drop by, but I believe we "think alike".

Just want to ask, with all of the water & tea, are you up several times during the night???
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

i bought some dandelion tea today , brewed up a cup and let it cool. it didn't have an overpowering flavor, it was rather mild. as with all those "specialty teas" it comes in a little box containg 16 tea bags. on the side of the box it recommends enjoying 3 cups a day so that little box is supposed to be a 5 day supply i don't think so, not at that price.

also i switched the water bottle i'm using. i was using a 1 liter bottle to track my water (approx. 34 oz). i think visually it just seemed like so much water to have to drink (at least to me). now i'm using a 20 oz bottle and i'm already on my third bottle today so that will be 60 oz of water today

the building management is replacing fridges this week and i should be getting mine on friday. the tenant (me) is responsible for emptying the old unit so i started cleaning all the stuff that migrates to the back of the fridge and cleaning out the shelves on the door. i'll tackle the depths of the freezer on wed/thurs.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

love the expressions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60c7a28d7fd8e1d6d090eb61a66bdd60.jpg (31.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
alassea,

Hola! I so enjoy your words. I have very small amount of time to read and drop by, but I believe we "think alike".

Just want to ask, with all of the water & tea, are you up several times during the night???
if it wasn't for my nightly trips (notice I said trips, not trip) to the bathroom I wouldn't get any exercise at all

and I should buy stock in scott bathroom tissue!

thanks for stopping by
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

ok....two of the ladies that i do "tea time" with were not feeling well today. we had a humid day today and it really affected them. the lady who was to be hosting was one of the ladies who wasn't feeling well

i was over her (hostess) apartment on Tuesday and again on Wednesday morning to help her vacuum her rugs. she has one little kitty....we must have sucked up cat fur to knit two more cats i had to tell her to stop the vacuum at least twice to tell her the canister was full, all you could see was a huge tornado of cat fur whirling around in there. every time i dumped the contents of the canister into the trash, she was amazed at how much there was!

do you think all that vacuuming made her sick?

i'd like to get a leaf blower and just blow all my dirt out into the hallway and let the maintenance people take it from there

so one lady called and said she wasn't coming, then the hostess said she wasn't feeling well either. she asked me to call the third lady and let her know we decided to just cancel tea time.

so even tho the hostess wasn't feeling well, she's a very social person so she asked me to come over and play cards (we usually play phase 10 card game).
so we're halfway thru a game when there's a knock on the door. there's the first lady who called to cancel...she'd had a nap & was now feeling better so came down. i never called her to let her know that we had cancelled the whole thing.

then, the fourth lady, i left a voice mail for her to let her know that it was cancelled, shows up.....she never checked her voicemail!

luckily all the food was made but the table wasn't set up with plates & utensils, all the food was wrapped up it the fridge.

so in all the confusion getting all the food ready & setting up & serving.....no one noticed that i didn't eat anything.

she served a ceasar salad (salad kit with all the toppings in the bag), devilled eggs (made with store brand miracle whip) and sugar free jello with fruit cocktail & coolwhip. if there was smilie that indicated violent projectile vomiting i would definitely use it to convey my feelings towards "jello with (canned in light syrup) fruit cocktail

i was so relieved that she never asked me if i wanted any! she made it in individual bowls and from what i saw (because the other two ladies said "yum) there would have been no way that i could have politely picked out just the jello and discreetly hid the leftover crappy fruit.

after noshing for about an hour we cleared off the table and played one game of "sorry"( a board game). then one of the ladies left and the three of us played phase 10

so for a cancelled tea time , it worked out very well

Last edited by alassea; 07-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: i can't put a coherent sentence together
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

i reached a new weight low this morning, 251.8

i have a hand-written food journal where i keep mini goals consisting of increments of 5 lb losses. so my mini goal right now is to get below 250. as soon as the scale says 249.9 i start my next goal of getting under 245.

i't's much easier for me to look at, and achieve, a goal of 5 lbs than it is to look at a goal of 80 lbs! at this point i'm not even thinking that far ahead. i'm focused on seeing that new decade of the 240's. i'm not even thinking of one-derland yet.

i'm involved in the (ongoing) 5lb challenge still. i'll probably never win one but at least i show a loss before the challenge ends

ok, back to cleaning out my fridge/freezer because i get my new fridge tomorrow!

i had a frozen turkey sitting in my freezer from last thanksgiving. i have never roasted a turkey, ever. i really don't want to start experimenting with how easily i can set off the smoke alarm at this stage of my life

i gave the turkey to one of the older ladies in the building, first of all, she has a freezer chest so she has more storage room than i do. second of all, she has kids, grand-kids and great-grand-kids that always come over so she has people to feed.

i live alone so there's no way i could ever eat that much turkey . i don't really care that much for poultry, i'd rather have beef or pork.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree! 5 lbs is definitely reachable and look forwardable.

Congrats on this accomplishment dear!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

this might be a long one......

in the previous post I mentioned that I had to clean out and put the food contents of my fridge into cardboard boxes or tote bags so that when the new fridge arrived on Friday I would just have to take the boxes & totes out of the old one and put them all in the new one. then when all the excitement was over I would be able to rearrange the contents at a leisurely pace.

I live in an eight floor apartment building and there are just over 100 units so every unit was getting a new fridge. this project was supposed to take two days, and they were going to start on the eighth floor this morning (thursday)and work their way down. i live on the first floor so you figure we'll be the last to get our fridges on Friday.

so this morning I got up late, around 9 am and I had my coffee. because I live on the first floor I can usually hear any commotion in the lobby on my floor . I can hear guys talking and stuff (yes, I have good hearing) so I figure the new fridges are arriving for the top floors. we only have two elevators (no freight elevators!).

I finally get dressed and (being nosy) I go down the corridor to the lobby and it's a frenzy of activity with 15 new fridges sitting in the lobby (five more out on the side walk and two big tractor trailers out in the loading dock!) and both elevators locked in an open position for the fridge guys to load them up. I saw one of the building maintenance guys and asked how things were progressing....he told me that they were still doing the units on the eighth floor (it was 11:45am and they hadn't even finished one floor yet????).

so I go over and visit my neighbor across the hall from me to let her know that things are progressing slowly. we have coffee and play a round of phase 10. so now at 2pm my neighbor asks me to do her a favor and get her mail for her . the mail room (as well as the management office and main lobby) is on the third floor. while i'm waiting for the elevator to get up to the third floor I see a different maintenance guy and ask him how things are going.

maintenance man gossip: first off the trucks arrived around 9:30am ( we , tenants, were told to be ready starting at 8am). they took the fridges off the truck and it took time to unbox/unwrap them then get them up in the elevators to the eighth floor. once on the eighth floor, they knocked on all the apartment doors and went in to each apartment and removed the old fridge.. then they start to bring in all the new fridges and guess what.....go on, guess the new fridges don't fit into the spaces that the old fridges came out of

ok so what are you gonna do, right? so they take the new fridges out of the apartments and now they gotta put the old fridges back into the apartments! but they don't know which fridge came out of which apartment

imagine coming home expecting a brand new shiny fridge and what do you get? somebody else's piece of cr@p fridge....the one that makes the weird noises or has that funny smell or hasn't been cleaned in 10 years. there's all your food sitting in some strange fridge . just thinking about who's apartment that fridge was in before

we really need a smilie that projectile-vomits. well at least i do.

as soon as I heard that, I vowed that I would mark my fridge in the event I had to ID it so I would get my own fridge back ( I can live with my cooties but I certainly don't want anyone else's!!!!!)

so now I finally get up to the third floor for the mail room and I run into the property manager. she tells me that because of all the problems/confusion fitting the fridges into the apartment on the upper floors they now have time to swap out the fridges on the first floor (my floor!) I told her i'd pass that message on to as many of my first floor neighbors as I could. so now we're all scrambling to get our fridges ready for the swap!

my neighbor/friend got all discombobulated because of the abrupt schedule change and she's pulling everything out of her fridge and putting everything all over her countertop. I didn't even get a chance to get back to my apartment (I was too busy warning all my neighbors!) and I see the maintenance guy and the fridge guy knocking on apartment doors, thinking they're giving us the "two minute warning" that a fridge is on its way (now i'm panicking because i haven't even started!!!)

turns out the maintenance guy and fridge guy are going into our apartments to check out if the fridge will fit and each apartment they went into they said no, the space it too small, it won't fit. no new fridge today.

actually, it will be a few weeks before we get our new fridges

I have no idea how many fridges went back on the trucks today but what I want to know is why....why....why did nobody come into our apartments to measure before the fridges were ordered??????

ok, I have to go to bed know, I am exhausted

and there's still some more to this story but it has to do with my neighbor who emptied out her fridge thinking that her new one was coming any second.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I agree! 5 lbs is definitely reachable and look forwardable.

Congrats on this accomplishment dear!
hi sunday thanks for dropping by. it's nice to have some company once in a while. luckily I don't mind talking to myself as I find myself highly entertaining

I can see that my journal has been viewed a couple of hundred times. i'm sure the reactions are either or or "I don't get....what does she mean?"

come back any time