Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   I am never going to stop trying! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/806966-i-am-never-going-stop-trying.html)

tette 06-27-2013 11:13 AM

I am never going to stop trying!

Hi there well I am back here again!

This time its alittle different I stopped doing Atkins and moved over to South Beach.

I find this is a little better to follow long term. If I`M still here long term then I know I was right :hyst:

I have lost 20 pounds so far with SB and I see a change every week so its keeping me motivated. My husband is really dropping weight on this I do hate him at times :) but that's another battle and another forum :lol:

My dream is to walk in a marathon! A 5 k one and i am drawing a line, the bank has one and im going to DO it!!!! next year so that's my goal. I think it would be soooo great if i can be fit enough to at least start one it would blow my mind to finish it!

This is my time to shine :jumpjoy:

MandyDawn 06-27-2013 11:18 AM

Congratulations! It sounds like you're having wonderful results with South Beach. Do you find it a little more restricted than Atkins?

I think your goal for the 5K marathon is great. Something to work towards. I bet you will finish it :)

tette 06-27-2013 07:28 PM

Hi Mandy,

No I really like this better than Atkins I never went past induction when I was on it and now I made sure I added my carbs and grains and such.

I love that im eating yogurt and can have a glass of milk with dinner :) I eat sandwiches and wraps and lots of fruit and im still losing (happy dance)

I like the low fat... the greek yogurt the 1%milk this I can see as a life time change and not a diet :) and thats what this is all about right???

tette 06-29-2013 03:38 PM

Man im grumpy

Eating is good, tired work is nuts right now will post menus later

tette 07-01-2013 11:31 AM

Well had a bad day yesterday,
did a double shift because someone called in sick so was at the restaurant from 530 am to 11 pm oh my im tired.
so eats want not good because where am i going to get my dinner? its aw where i work sooo a teen burger it was :) and ice cream sigh it was sooo hot and i had no energy so the sugar kicked in in order for me to finish without killing customers :)

today back in the saddle still tired want to exercise but dragging my behind.

MandyDawn 07-02-2013 10:50 AM

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I hope today is better. I just got back to my desk. We had a mexican themed potluck today for lunch here at work, so I had some temptations, but tried my best to stick to low carb. I just made a small taco salad. I have boiled eggs and some celery and hummus that I brought to work for snacks in case I get hungry later. I resisted the desserts and even the watermelon that everyone said was so good. I'm really trying to keep the carbs as low as possible right now. I found an old pair of Levis that I had put in a garage sale a couple of years ago and they fit again, so that was encouraging. The next time I put them in a garage sale it will be because they're too big :)

tette 07-04-2013 08:52 AM

my grand father is losing his battle with cancer so have been at his bed side will post soon... but not right now :(

Emmaline78 07-06-2013 07:43 AM

So sorry to read about your grandfather...Take care and all the very best to you!

tette 07-06-2013 03:00 PM

Thanks guys he past away this morning :(

tette 07-08-2013 09:16 AM

Here I am again,

All is ok Grandpa is at peace now and not in any pain anymore which is good!

I lost 4 pounds because of it so Im doing a little happy dance I was gaining and losing the same couple of pounds so this helped me get moving again! Ill take it! Have to go get ready for work

tette 07-11-2013 08:33 AM

Wow I am down again 2 pounds (Doing happy dance) Im in the zone lol
Next weekend will be harder its Grandpa`s Memorial so there will be food and of course beer! I am such a beer girl sigh I love beer but your better off drinking strait sugar water than beer, well then red wine it is lol

tette 09-03-2013 07:13 PM

Well made it through all the food crap stuff :) wow down 12 pounds since i posted last, when you think your not doing well then you look back and you are doing good not bad girl not bad...keep it up

tette 08-07-2014 09:50 PM

oh god im back again sigh

BullsMadness 08-07-2014 10:34 PM

GOOD LUCK TETTE!