LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
The second week is always the test for me... Still in the honeymoon stage, but have to realize that in order to lose the pounds I have to lose, I need to stick with it for more than a couple of weeks! That seems like a simple concept to understand...why is it so hard for me?
Oh hon, I hear ya! I can't tell ya how many times I have stopped & started an eating plan...thank goodness new beginnings are free because I'd be broke otherwise Keep the positive thoughts coming, keep posting even when you struggle, and things will start to sort themselves out. Believe that you CAN do this! I believe in you!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Week 1....down 7.0lb!

Was about to start this post off with..."Well, if you've read my journal, you know this isn't the first time I've succeeded in losing 7lb the first week." NEGATIVE NELLIE! Instead I'm going to smile and be proud of my accomplishment and know it's just the beginning for me! I am so determined this time to keep chipping away at this and have those pounds add up to something substantial.

I swear, the best motivator is watching that series "My 600lb Life". That could so easily be me!! In last night's episode I so identified with that woman and every step being so painful...there were many scenes (too descriptive) that brought me to tears. Only someone morbidly obese could identify with. I watched the BL last night and then that and had my "fix" for the week. Quite honestly, I have usually sat through BL munching on some "goodie", but last night was satisfied with a handful of raspberries instead.

This second week will be the test...heck, everyday from here on in will be the test...but I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin for once in my life.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG Sherrie!

Even better, I am thrilled to hear you turn the attitude and viewpoint around! That is THE best feeling in the whole wide world when you can say nothing but positive things about yourself! So proud of you.

I've seen that show on TLC...that is some tough stuff there. I am glad that you are able to get something out of watching them to at least motivate you to keep on going. Cause, you can do this!

I love BL! This season has been interesting at best....I liked that last night's was 2hours long...finally felt like we got to meet the contestants on a more personal level.

Slow & easy, string a bunch of days together, and before ya know it, you've come a long ways!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Danielle!

Feeling a little bit more positive every day. Today I was craving the half bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard and was really tempted, but sat and thought about how I was really feeling and decided just to have lunch a little early. Felt really proud of myself for resisting later....something new and different for me.

Took the grandkids out to dinner tonight (16, 12 and 8) and ordered a chopped power salad with dressing on the side. I really enjoyed it while I watched them all eat their deep dish pizza and didn't feel deprived at all. Focused on enjoying my time with them and our conversation instead. I take them out to dinner one night/week and just love my time with them. Gonna go have a tangerine now....love the sweetness without the guilt!

Scale stayed the same today, but that's okay. Feeling positive going into the weekend....that's my hardest time.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #95
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sherrie-
So glad you're feeling POSITIVE--especially as you go into the weekend. If you stay positive, the changes will happen, and the weight will go down.

In my experience, it all begins with a positive attitude--and good things follow.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Hit the 200's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Sherrie-
So glad you're feeling POSITIVE--especially as you go into the weekend. If you stay positive, the changes will happen, and the weight will go down.

In my experience, it all begins with a positive attitude--and good things follow.
Thanks, Leo...working hard at it.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Down another pound today...and after eating out last night! That's a major accomplishment for me. Usually the salt alone in a restaurant meal does me in. Debated over the menu for a long time last night...so easy for me in the past to think of going out as a "treat" and therefore I deserve to make unhealthy choices....twisted thinking, I know. My victory on the scale this morning made it all worth it and focused on my grandkids instead of the food.

Out of the 300's and my goal is to stay there throughout the weekend...so hard for me. Will try to stay busy and out of the kitchen. Leaving for Florida the end of the month (for the month of February) and would really like to have some good habits in place before then.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG! You're doing great!

So glad you enjoyed your time with the grandkids. You did it. You managed to switch your thinking around about what that time meant for you. It has never really been about the food, really, but about how much you love being with those kids. What a wonderful gift you give to them, time with you!

You're not alone. Many people, myself included, always associate eating out with eating whatever without having to stay conscious of healthier options. You're proving that it CAN be done!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

WOW.....nonstop hunger today....can't seem to satisfy it with all the right things. I think the hunger gods are out to get me!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Water and some fat. Stat!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Try a bullet proof coffee. That saves me many a day.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Try a bullet proof coffee. That saves me many a day.

I only get this on Fridays. I forgot to make it this morning, darnit!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

What is bullet proof coffee?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

The way I make it is 2c coffe, 2TBSP Coconut Oil, 1 TBSP butter, 1 splenda packet and blend it all up in a blender and makes a creamy coffee drink. It staves off hunger for a few hours. Longer if you are in ketosis.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Honestly sounds horrendous!

I don't have any coconut oil and not doing LC strictly to be anywhere near ketosis. I do find though that something hot does seem to satisfy my urge to eat better.

I actually had a handful of almonds and a cup of SF cocoa and that seemed to do the trick to get me through til dinner.

Thanks Shantony and Danielle....just love the quick response and encouragement and support on these threads!! Sometimes it just helps to sit down and verbalize your feelings....especially in a moment of panic!!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha! I used to think it sounded bad too, Sherrie. The key is to make sure it's blended and not just stirred as it gets that "slick" feeling going on...now, that, IS horrendous

I tend to do well with just a cup of plain ole coffee if I find myself getting twitchy I'm so glad that you were able to quiet the hunger and get some satisfaction!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

You may want to build your way up on the coconut oil . Maybe add 1TBSP in the beginning and add the butter. First time I drank it I didnt mix it well and it was like an oil slick. LOL. Blend it until it turns the colour of coffee with cream all the way through.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I am afraid to try it, I can not imagine oily things in coffee. ha ha
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I am afraid to try it, I can not imagine oily things in coffee.
I'm with you! Drink my coffee black to begin with and don't think I could stomach it "greasy". Glad it works for others though.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Day 11....down 8.5lb!

VERY happy to see the scale go down again today....yesterday was HARD! I swear I was starving all day and no matter what I ate, I wanted more. I realized it couldn't be real hunger and that about this time on a new plan I get like this. I think it's my old "self sabotage" habit of convincing me that I'm a failure....NOT THIS TIME! I'm determined to get this weight off this time.

Weekends are always difficult. Have decided not to go out to dinner tonight like we usually do on Saturday night and stay home and watch football instead....GO COLTS! Entertaining tomorrow, but planning a menu I can live with. Baby steps, Sherrie...baby steps.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Sherrie! I decided not to go out last night either. DH wanted to go out to dinner and a movie for date night. I told him I can't right now. I refuse to start over so I'm not going to give up. He understood which is nice.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice work, Sherrie!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Yay Sherrie! I decided not to go out last night either. DH wanted to go out to dinner and a movie for date night. I told him I can't right now. I refuse to start over so I'm not going to give up. He understood which is nice.
I think the only way this is gonna work for me is to avoid some of those temptations in the beginning until I start to feel stronger. I must say though, every little success does give me more confidence. We can do this Shay!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Day 12....down 10lb!

Wow....couldn't believe the scale this morning. I am really stoked. Certainly helps keep me motivated through this weekend. I feel like I'm getting into a few good habits slowly but surely.

Leaving for Florida on the 30th and not only want to get off as much weight as possible by then, but want to be disciplined/motivated/positive enough to be able to continue for the month I'm on vacation. Will be taking my scale and weighing daily and keeping my promise to post on the Daily Weigher Thread and don't want to lose the momentum while I'm gone.

Company for dinner today so have to get cracking here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

So relieved to get on the scale this morning and see I maintained my weight loss from yesterday. Cooked for company yesterday and had a beautiful dinner of pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, apple/squash casserole, corn and cheddar biscuits (along with a cannoli for dessert). I had told myself I wasn't going to plan a "diet" meal but just have a normal portion of everything. I could have easily helped myself to "seconds" like everyone else, but realized I was satisfied and just sat back and enjoyed the conversation.

Wow...that is so empowering! Got all my water in and then some.

Of course, I know it might show up tomorrow but can't honestly remember a weekend where I didn't gain something. Baby steps!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a total success all around!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Scale hasn't budged in the last four days.....at least it's not going up! My body always does this....every other week weight loss.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, Sherrie! At least you know what it is....I know the waiting sucks, but at least you know there will be losses coming!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

OK...so the scale is moving, but in the wrong direction! Small gains the last two days. I think I've really been testing the boundaries here and have tipped the scales in the wrong direction. Need to get this under control immediately!

Busy weekend with DS and family arriving from Indiana today for the weekend to celebrate my DGD 6th birthday and Mom's 89th. All my brood together in one city....treasure those times!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoy your family!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Well....enjoyed my family a little TOO much! Made all of everyone's favorites and completely lost control and have been unable to get back with the program here! Haven't wanted to get back on the scales to assess the damage but finally did this morning and back to the Daily Weigher Thread for some accountability!

Leaving for Florida next Thursday for a month and plan on taking my scales with me....I just can't be trusted without them. Not beating myself up (too much), but need to nip this "nonstop eating" in the bud before I'm back where I started.

Feeling more positive after being accountable on these boards this morning and have a good start on my water for the day. Trying on my summer clothes to see what to pack and that's always a motivating force!