LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
~*Demonica's Den*~

So I decided I should start a journal to help keep myself accountable. I never took my measurements when I originally started Atkins 3 years ago, now I wish I had. But anyway, I just took them now and I feel HUGE even though I know I am smaller than I was 3 years ago. I'm 5'8" with a (medium? large?) frame..my wrist measures 6 3/4" around. My hips are 43", my waist is 33", my bust is 37" and my thighs are 23" apiece. I've been taking long walks with DH almost daily, I walk alot at work (5.5 miles most nights) and have started taking long bike rides too. (15 miles yesterday) I do low to moderate carb JUDDD. DD's are never a problem for my, UD's I find it hard to restrain myself but I know it can be done. Pterostilbene is my friend.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Good to see you here! I wish DD's weren't a problem for me....I may have to watch what you do to see if I can change that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Wanted to say hi from another eastern Hoosier here
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't really done much today. Took a app. mile and a half walk earlier. Got a long shift tonight so there will be tons of walking tonight. Using going into work a little earlier to my advantage. I know when I get off I will be too tired to be hungry sending me into a perfect DD tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Last night's UD didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I didn't do too terribly bad I guess. We got these new parmesan garlic cheese pretzels at work and I HAD to try one. Wow, it was amazing!

Today's DD has been pretty good. Besides my coffee with HWC, blueberries with greek yogurt. After DH went to work and DD went over to her boyfriend's for a cookout with him and his dad, I went on a 2 1/2 mile walk and found a wallet. So after I came back home, I got my stuff together and climbed on my bike (was gonna take a long bike ride anyway) and proceeded to try to find the address of the person it belonged to. I couldn't find it so I turned it in to the police station then continued my bike ride. I'm guesstimating it was about 5 miles or so? Maybe more. However long it was, I feel pepped up and amazing!

Last edited by Demonica; 06-14-2013 at 04:17 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Today was an UD. I did my weekly weigh in to find that I GAINED a little. Trying not to let it get to me. I have been riding my bike alot more, so maybe it's muscle. I started using CLA after reading about some people's results with it on here. We'll see how that goes.

At least I can outride DH on a bike!

Last edited by Demonica; 06-15-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 06-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Another successful DD...

...despite founding out via FACEBOOK, that my sister was back in Indiana and NO ONE bothered to tell me! Contrary to my feelings about my youngest sister and my stepmom, I would like to like to be able to see my family in once in a while! I haven't seen my younger sister in almost 2 years! I have a niece I have yet to meet! No body ever tells me anything!!

But I had a great DD! I had a hairy craving for Nutella earlier, but since I was at work, nothing came of it. Making pancakes for breakfast in the morning. SO looking forward to that!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Way to stay the coarse. Sorry about the sister, sometime family make no sense at all!

Plans for your up day????
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Stopping it dead in it's tracks

I realized I am getting out of control again with my UD's. My weight is starting to climb again and I am feeling pretty miserable. So I decided to do a fat fast/Atkins '72 for a week, find out where I am and go from there. I still plan on doing JUDDD lite (higher calorie DD's) and keeping to rotations. Ketosis seems to be the only way to keep myself in check. Pterostilbene is still my best friend though. I know this will work, Atkins was the magic solution for me when I first started my journey 3 years ago, then I discovered JUDDD and the power of IF, which makes me feel amazing. Combine the 2 and it should be an invincible combo.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Fat Fast/Atkins '72 DD

A little after 1 pm and not the least bit hungry. I had a BP coffee with 1 tbsp CO, 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp HWC for breakfast and that has seemed to totally satisfy me. I have my entire day planned out on paper and if I don't eat everything that I have on the menu, that's fine too. Right now I am just trying to get everything back under control. (May sound stupid, but Janet Jackson's song Control is my theme song right now)
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Today didn't turn out any better for me. I rode my bike to work, worked a 4 hr shift (forgot my pedometer so not sure how far I walked either), rode home with the full intention to eat chicken and broccoli. That would have fullfilled my DD calories with no problem...till I made the mistake of reaching for the mixed nuts in my cabinet. They were good. Too good. So tomorrow will be a DD for me, no more excuses. I feel so out of control. This is the only way I can regain control. I mean, my day was fine up until I got home from work. coffee with HWC this morning, but only 2 tsps instead of the 3 tsps=1tbsp I usually divide into my coffee because I started feeling queasy after the second cup. (coffee sometimes makes me nauseous if I drink it on an empty stomach) Did good all day, wasn't even starving when I got home, just a little hungry but not ravenous. I am still beating myself up over it, but tomorrow is a brand new day. Luckily, I go to work fairly early and work til 1 am, so I am using that to my advantage. Heck then I'm off Saturday! I haven't had a Saturday off in...I don't remember the last time I had a Saturday off.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

DD

So far today has been easy. I had a full calorie (240) BP coffee for breakfast around 11 or so. It is now 3:30 and I am starting to get a little hungry, but now starving or anything. Since I am walking to work today, I will take my tbsp of CO before I leave and that should not only help me stay not hungry, but make sure I have enough energy to take me through 1 a.m. when I get off work.
Looking forward to tomorrow, since I'm off and will have the day to myself.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

UD

Yesterday turned out pretty good. I finally had a successful DD, and the scale was down a little bit this morning. My walk to work yesterday was pretty good. A little farther than last time according to my pedometer (last time it said it was 3.5 miles, yesterday it said 3.88 miles. I think it was from a shortcut I took) The shortcut shaved 10 minutes off my walking time, last time took an hour and a half, yesterday was only an hour and twenty minutes, but added a little distance. My total "milage" (for my feet) yesterday was 9.98 miles.

For the DD yesterday, I started out with a full calorie BP coffee, which kept me satisfied till time to leave for work. Then right before I left, I slurped a tbsp of CO. My energy ran high all night with no appetite. Of course I was hungry after I got off work at 1 am, so I ate some pork rinds and chicken with mayo. I didn't go to bed till probably 3 am, but I was up, bright eyed and bushy tailed, at 9 am and found the loss on the scale. So the loss is going slow but steady. I think my extra activity (walking, bike riding and hula hooping) is working for me! Plus, the little experiment with the straight CO seems to be helping too (Shangri la diet? I think that's the name for it). Really hot outside today but there is NO way I am spending my Saturday off sitting around the house!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's DD was a success, I think. Full calorie BP coffee for breakfast, a bike ride to work, walked 5.54 miles while at work (7 hour shift) and rode back home. I took a tbsp of CO before I left (2pm) and a tbsp of CO on my break (7pm) and had plenty of energy plus no appetite. There is something to this Shangri la diet. I like it I was hungry when I got home from work (11pm) so I did eat some nuts, tuna with mayo and cheese.

Today's UD shouldn't be a problem at all. It's 10:30 am and not the least bit hungry right now.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

DD

Yesterday's UD was a success I managed to stay within my calorie limits (for once) Ate damn near a whole bag of pork rinds and salsa for lunch, but I did count the calories for it and it was less than 500 calories for all of it so I was still ok. Got home from work late and work an early shift today so I went straight to bed when I got home, no snacking. (that IS an accomplishment for me!) I feel if I can get through this DD without being ravenously hungry tonight, I will have corrected my problem of night eating. I miss waking up after a DD feeling comfortably empty. Plus tomorrow is weigh-in, although I'm not expecting any miracles because of TOM. Even If I just maintain what the scale said last week, I would be happy
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

UD and slightly disappointing weigh in

Why do I always feel as if I am talking to myself? Anywho...

Yesterday's DD was pretty good. I did go over my allotted calories, but not by much. The total for the day was 505. I consider that successful Went to bed early because I have another early and long day at work today. My weigh in this morning said 161.8 Up a 1.1 lbs from last week, but TOM decided to drop in on me yesterday so I guess I'll excuse it...this time Then the wii attempted to lecture me about calories because the "cause of weight gain" option doesn't say anything about monthly visitors so I just said "I don't know" to the question of Weight Gain cause. Next week's weigh in will be better.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Demonica, you are doing really well on JUDD! So happy for you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Healing Day

Thank you GailyGail!

Today I cheated. Not with food, but I couldn't resist weighing myself just out of curiosity and am down .4 lb from yesterday! I try to stick to only weighing once a week, but I guess I was feeling bad about gaining a pound even though it's totally TOM related.

Got some errands to run today so that should keep my mind occupied from wanting to eat the paint off the walls or anything. Although DD's usually aren't a problem for me. (At least since all the dark chocolate flavored almonds are out of the house now anyway. Those were definitely one of my weaknesses.)

On a really good note, yesterday's UD was really successful too! I fasted all day at work after eating bacon and eggs for breakfast at approximately 10 am. I didn't eat lunch at all and didn't eat dinner till between 8 and 9 pm. I just wasn't hungry until that time. And it was mostly protein and fat for dinner; cheeseburger with no bun, a turkey patty with Walden Farms syrup (tastes just like sausage to me) and some scrambled eggs with HWC and cheese bringing yesterday's UD calories to 1835. (My UD goal is 1800.) I think I did really well!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Another DD

So Sunday was a massive blowout. UUAD doesn't even touch it. But Sunday I climbed back on board and am doing well now. It also helps that I now have a full time job during the week and still at the theater on weekends, so that helps keep my mind occupied too. My weight is still up there higher than I want it, but it is slowly (s-l-o-w-l-y) coming back down a little. Hopefully by my official weigh-in on Sunday, it will be back to where it's suppose to be or lower. (please be lower)
Old 07-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

DD and Frustrated

It seems like no matter WHAT I do, my stupid weight keeps climbing. I have been fighting with the same 1.1 lb for what seems like forever! I have cut carbs out this week beginning on Monday. I gave what was left of my dark chocolate flavored almonds to DH because I can't stay out of them and I have cut broccoli, which I love to death, out for the time being because it makes my stomach hurt and bloat like crazy. Can't have that at work, I need to be able to move around with no problem. So that leaves me with meat/egg/cheese for the time being. Maybe the 2 hot dogs I ate last night caused the major bounce this morning. Either way, I am ready to explode!! I will not eat after I get off at night no matter how bad my munchies are. Got to figure out how to get past this rut!! I have done it before and reached my all time low, I can do it again and sail to goal. Just have to figure out what's going on.

Today's DD will consist of coffee with HWC, a BP coffee before work, and an egg/tuna salad with mayo, mustard and relish for supper tonight. And if I must have something after work, SF jello.

Hopefully tomorrow's weigh in will be kind to me.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

UD and good scale news!

I woke up to a 2 lb weight loss this morning! I am finally below 160 again. I feel better now. I was right about the HF/LC JUDDD plan. That's what I have to stick to, at least for awhile.
While I did wake up wanting bacon and eggs, I settled for a BP coffee and a ton of water to start off my day with. Want to keep that scale going in the right direction now! Not sure what I'll have for lunch, probably a cheeseburger or something.
While I am off from my factory job this weekend, I am working at the theater this weekend (Pacific Rim anyone?) So I have a few extra hours during the day today. Planning on a nice bike ride plus a few errands. And tonight will be alot of walking! That's one thing I love about my weekend job. I get alot of walking and stair climbing in.