LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2014 Restart
CMB JUDDD Journey

I have lost over 100 pounds in the last 5 years. I have had a little regain (about 20-30#) and I am getting myself back on track and to goal with JUDDD.

I played around with JUDDD last week and despite getting off track a bit on the weekend I believe its really a sustainable plan that will be good for me.

I am restarting with today as my new start date.

I will weigh everyday on my wifi scale but will only look at the numbers once a week when I input them into my excel worksheet I am creating to track trends, and how I feel.

Goal 1: 180
Goal 2: 165
Goal 3: 150
Final Goal: 147

I will also use this thread as a place to copy and paste any information I may want to save for future reference.

Today I weigh in at 198.5

DD Day 1:

B- Green tea
L- T7 Protein Shake mixed with Almond Milk (235cal)
D- Tomato Soup w/ sprinkle of cheese (130cal)
or
1/2 T7 protein shake mixed with almond milk (118cal)

Exercise: I will get to the gym for at least 30min of incline intervals.
Supplements: I took Ptero around 10am along with my multivit
Water: at least 64 ounces. Will try to get back up to double that eventually.
ohcmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
OH you will have wonderful success, I just know it. You have done so well. I look forward to watching the POUNDS fly off of you JUDDDing!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH you will have wonderful success, I just know it. You have done so well. I look forward to watching the POUNDS fly off of you JUDDDing!
Thanks Monica! I was just reading through your journal. You have done pretty great yourself! I am going to make this plan work for me!

I find the hardest hours for me on the DD are from about 4-7. If I can get through those hours I think I will be okay!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

6/4 Evening Update

Today was my best DD yet I think!

Menu ended up like this...

B- Green tea
L- T7 Protein Shake mixed with Almond Milk (235cal)
D- 2 cups of Tomato Soup w/ sprinkle of cheese (230cal)
S- 2 Egg Whites (34 cal) and green tea

Cal: 499

Exercise: 30 minute incline on treadmill
Supplements: Ptero around 10am along with my multivit
Water: I need to chug chug chug because I was slacking in the water department.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 UD

Today I feel fired. Not sure why. And I like DDs and not thinking about food. I am so conflicted on how I will get my calories up to the 2000 recommended on the calculator. Even with the idea I have for dinner I am still 500 calories away. I guess I will snack on some nuts...

I caved and weighed this morning.

195.9 woo!

B- Green Protein Smoothie- Protein, Spinach, half banana, 1/3 apple, chia seeds, almond milk and some fiber. (380 cal)
L- Chicken Wrap (350cal)
D- I am thinking Salmon and CousCous but leaving it open as I have about 1000 cal for dinner
S: 2 deviled egg with only one yolk (122). Would also like to have some tomato soup in there but I think I should reserve that for my DDs as I look forward to it and don't want to end up burnt out.

Exercise: I did Pure Barre this morning and I am hoping to get to the gym for another short session. We will see. Feeling tired.
Supplements: I took Resveratrol around 9am along with my multivit
Water: at least 64 ounces. Will try to get back up to double that eventually.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
"The Science Behind Controlled Overeating

...when people practice (controlled) overeating after undereating, their body changes to a more thermogenic and highly metabolized state. The brain receives a signal that it should elevate metabolism in order to burn the extra energy coming from food. On the whole, when one overeats after a controlled fast, nutrients are assimilated at a greater rate, there is an acceleration of the anabolic process of repairing tissues and building muscles; a replenishment of depleted glycogen reserves and intramuscular triglycerides (special high octane fat fuel in the muscle); and there is an increased secretion of dopamine, thyroid hormones, and sex hormones. If (controlled) overeating is practiced regularly, (after controlled fasting), your body's metabolism will remember this, and while adapting to these bigger meals, it will most likely become metabolically faster and more efficient than before.

Studies by Dr. Mark Mattson, Professor in the Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, and colleagues at the National Institute on Aging (2003) have shown that mice who followed intermittent fasting (one day fasting followed by overeating twice the amount of daily calories the next day) were surprisingly provided with substantial benefits, including increased life span, reversal of diabetes, and increased resilience to age-related brain damage. Researchers speculated that the cycle of fasting-overeating affects the brain similar to the way physical exercise affects muscles."

-Ori Hofmekler
This is helpful on days like today when I am scared of eating all my calories and find it difficult.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 Round up

B- Green Protein Smoothie- Protein, Spinach, half banana, 1/3 apple, chia seeds, almond milk and some fiber.
L- Chicken Wrap
Soup
D- Chipotle veggie burrito bowl
S: 2 deviled egg with only one yolk
1/2 turkey wrap in mission carb balance
13 dark chocolate covered almonds

This came up to right about 2000 over...maybe a handful over.

Exercise:

Pure Barre
30 min interval training
Old 06-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #8

Looks like a perfect UP DAY! Way to go. YUMMY! I love Chipotle!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Today has been sort of crummy..

Early afternoon I felt a migraine coming on. I tried to eat something because sometimes that will held put it at bay and also in case it turned into a full blown migraine and I was unable to eat for a day or more.. I am currently out of my migraine meds so I need to get to the doctor for a refill. Haven't had one in quite some time though.

So I ended up eating probably close to 1000 calories today on my DD.

Lots of soup, a 300 cal tortilla sandwich, and some nuts.

I guess I will have an UD as usual tomorrow? I am not really sure what to do.. I do feel better though but not totally. Heading to bed soon.

Went to Pure Barre this morning for exercise!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #10

OHCMB - I ate right at 1000c for my DD too! Chalk it as a higher DD! Just dust off and do your UD today! Don't fret it. These things happen! LIFE happens!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

feeling very discouraged today...

Had a UD yesterday as scheduled even after my high DD on Thursday.

This morning I woke up weighing more than I have in weeks (before juddd even). I hope this is some sort of high bounce or something.

I didn't count my calories yesterday because it really wasn't all that feasible but I am almost certain I was within my UD calories. I had nothing out of control.

To make matters worse I have a bridesmaids event for a wedding I am going to be in. Its a wine festival and afterwards probably dinner. And to top it off tomorrow there is another event. I should be able to still have a DD today with no problem. I will just socialize and not sip on the wine.

I am not giving up on JUDDD but beginning to think I need to low carb along with it or something..
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I am posting again.

Sorry. My thread so my rules! ha

I am feeling so so so discouraged. I can't stop thinking about this. Maybe I should have followed my rule of weighing once a week. I think that will be easier once I settle into this way of eating but right now I feel I need to watch the scale for at least the first couple weeks. Maybe I will weigh only after DDs though.

I think I have decided to try to eat low carb this coming week along with my juddd. ugh. These pounds better come off quickly. I am 1.5 higher than my juddd start weight and 4.5 higher than I was on Wednesday.

Also I am committing to NO tweaking. For two weeks. Induction as prescribed by Dr.J. No changing up rotation, no going over on DDs. After the two weeks we will revisit.

I don't think I will have anything going on for those two weeks so I should be fine. Okay. I think now that I have a plan I feel a little better.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Well this weekend was a train wreck.

Back on it. Low carb DD for me.

Protein shakes for me today
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #14

Girl, don't be discouraged. It takes time to get used to the rotations and such. You can do this. Eat how you want, lc, whatever, just count everything. That is the KEY to JUDDD!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #15

How is it going? Got into the routine yet?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I fell off the map because well I fell off my program and it has been really hard to get back up.

The past two weeks have been incredibly hard and draining on me mentally and emotionally and I have struggled to the core.

Mark my word. I will be here everyday this week. I will journal for myself and for those of you that find yourself in here as well.

I am hopeful I will be able to get back on strong tomorrow. If for some reason I falter I am going to force myself to log in and report it. Gotta keep my self accountable.

I had been dating juddd and I am ready to get serious with juddd!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
Hi ohcmb
I have struggled myself with JUDDD and quit few times. All I can say: don't. give. up! Even if you have few days off plan, you can get right back on. JUDDD is forgiving.
I think the key to success is finding what foods keep you inline (whether is it low carb, moderate carb, high fat, eating more often, eating higher DD calories, etc...). Some people find the right combo right from the start, some need to experiment a little. Now, go get serious with JUDDD
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #18

You can do this girl! Check in each day and visit the JUDDD board. I know that helps me a lot too!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support ladies! It helps a lot!

From the trials I have done I find that waiting as long as possible to eat anything on my DD helps. So I am doing coffee with cream and will not have a protein shake until after work. and hopefully that will be the end of my eating for the day.

I have a new goal and reason for doing this so maybe that will help!

In October I am moving to Australia for a year (possibly) on a work and holiday visa.

AND October will be Spring in October with summer to follow. I want to be in my very best shape for this trip!

Two of my friends have gone on this visa. My best friend ended up getting sponsored by the company she was working for and has lived there for 2 years now. The other came back at the end of the visa (1 year).

I am currently working at a job I am not happy with and struggling to find a better job and I told myself if I couldn't find a job still a year after graduating I would do this. Its something I won't have the opportunity to do much longer and I will take advantage of this while I am young and still can.

I will book a flight for October-March (I have to come back for my best friends wedding that I am in). In December or so I will decide if I want to book another round trip flight to do the other 6 months after the wedding depending on how it goes.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I did the calculations and I would really like to lose 30 pounds by the time I go (17 weeks). That is 1.7 pound a week average. I think if I keep to my diet and workouts I could make it happen. I will be happy with even 20 pounds though. So 20-30 is my goal. And I will keep on JUDDDing in Oz.

I weighed in at 200 today. I think a couple of those pounds are water from my weekend. I look at pictures from when I was 178 now and think I look really good actually. I would be happy at 170-175. I do want to get leaner than that. But I think I have enough time to get to my happy spot before I leave. 175 is only 25 pounds away (only..lol).

I traveled a good bit when I was very heavy. I have all these pictures from places that I keep locked up because I don't like displaying photos of me when I was 300 pounds. I know I shouldn't hide who I was but I don't even feel like I am the same person that I was then. I want to go back to those places and take new pictures that I am proud of now. I don't want Australia to be an adventure that I keep locked up.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krystle702
Stats: 349/338/165
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: May 2013
Don't get discouraged. From my experience it is harder to get started a second time then it is the first. I have to keep telling myself it is possible to do this again. I really need to get back to meal planning instead of just saying oh everything is frozen or I don't feel like cooking. You can lose the 20-30 lbs and feel great! Keep up the hard work!
krystle702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle702 View Post
Don't get discouraged. From my experience it is harder to get started a second time then it is the first. I have to keep telling myself it is possible to do this again. I really need to get back to meal planning instead of just saying oh everything is frozen or I don't feel like cooking. You can lose the 20-30 lbs and feel great! Keep up the hard work!
Yes! This is true of all WOE for me. I was on one plan thats local to my area that actually was a great program and I had really great results on. The first time I did it so simply. I went 6 weeks of completely perfect days not one single cheat. Everytime I try to go on it now I just can't do it. The excitement wears off and so does the motivation!

I will do this though! DD has been great so far.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

DD today was successful! WOO!

To bed I go before I screw up...

back to the gym tomorrow
Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #24

I try to go to bed early on DD's too. Sometimes I just go up there and read for hours! ANything to get away from the Kitchen/food!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

B: 3 eggs, 1 oz cheese, 2 tbls cream, turkey sausage, salsa and sour cream (eggs cooked in butter)
L: low carb wrap w/ chicken 1 oz cheese some blue cheese and buffalo sauce
D: salmon w cous cous

S: 2 biscoff cookies and half a 100cal english muffin w/ some PB, 1/2 cup of cranberry juice

still have about 80 more calories to go. will probably have a bit of PB before bed.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You can do it! Keep your trip in mind and how you want to look and feel when you arrive in Oz! JUDDD is an amazing weight loss tool that allows you to shed pounds and live life!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

No more weighing after UDs, but! This morning I was curious and had to. Monday when I started back on the program I was 201.5. I ended up doing a HWC DD on Monday (had some almonds in the evening though) and was down 3 pounds on Tuesday AM (198.5). I had my UD yesterday and out of curiosity decided to weigh this morning and was only (198.6)!

I know I can't sustain not having bounces after UD but I was really pleased with that. And tomorrow I may be 200 pounds again, who knows, but it did help with my motivation this morning. That being said, I am not going to be weighing after UD anymore and trying not to weigh as little as possible. I know how if the numbers can get to me negatively also.

I really like the HWC "hack". I actually think I found a way to get through those DDs more easily. Even if I don't do it exactly (only having HWC calories) it seems like it will keep me satisfied till evening when I can have a snack before bed like with the almonds on monday.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #28

GIRL a gain of only .1 after an UP DAY is GREAT! I personally only weigh once a week and ONLY after a DD! Do what works best for you!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
I agree with Monica. I sometimes gain 1.5 lb after UD.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

I was VERY happy with that. I think the way I worded that was unclear.

I was very impressed but will not anticipate that to be the case on the regular.

and I haven't decided what I will do about weighing yet. I know I should only weigh once a week but I don't know if I will actually abide. I will definitely only weigh on mornings before my UD begins though rather than after a UD.