zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2014 Restart
Feeling great! I did end up eating a fair bit last night (400 cal) to put me up to 500 total. Stepped on the scale this morning and I am down another 2.2!

This puts me back to my weight I was before I rebounded almost 2 weeks ago causing my to spiral out of control. Now I don't want that to happen again and since I am back to my lowest JUDDD weight I think I will step off the scale for a minute.

I will weigh again on Monday and try to not step on except once a week after that. We will see how that goes!

This morning I have already had a croissant breakfast sandwich and some orange juice. Two things that usually I would consider a blow it day on every other diet out there. I let myself have it because it is what I really wanted but its still hard to not stress and think that has messed me up.

Breakfast was 500 calories so 1500 more to go!
ohcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi cmb!! I am also new to JUDDD and have seen your posts in that section and now I see you have a journal! As fellow I hope we can support each other in true JUDDD BUDDD fashion and make our goals!

Your trip to Australia sounds so exciting. You are so right - take advantage of ALL those opportunities while you are young and traveling "light" in life!! There is so much time later on for spouses, mortgages, and all that stuff that is great but doesn't lend easily to the kind of travel situation you are preparing for. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcmb View Post
I have lost over 100 pounds in the last 5 years. .

I too am in a situation where I have re-gained about 30 pounds (actually more like 35 at my recent high) from a 60 pound loss. It's so frustrating. I can relate to you experience struggling to get back on a plan! I have tried to go back to Atkins without success and I've tried WW without success. I suppose I should be grateful that my unsuccessful attempts have at least slowed my gains so I'm not starting back where I was!! Anyway... I love what I've read about JUDDD and the support here for it is awesome so I'm in this with you!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I hope you have an awesome day.

Beth
link to my journal: JUDDD ~ Life has its ups and downs!~

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Breakfast was 500 calories so 1500 more to go!

Isn't JUDDD amazing???? You are doing great. Keep it up!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Today wasn't the greatest of DDs.

I could not sleep last night. Didn't feel well and stress had me up until 7am. I only got about 4 hours of sleep.

No sleep usually means a bad eating. Add that to me not feeling well it was a recipe for disaster.

I think if I wasn't out of coffee at home maybe today would have gone differently, but I was out of coffee and around 2pm I felt like I needed to eat. The thought of leaving the house sounded awful so I had a little something. I knew this would trigger more hunger and more eating and I was worried I would spiral.

I managed to do really well considering what I usually do when sick, stressed, and on zero sleep. I ended up with more of a medium day (I would guess about 1200 calories).

I was worried that even this would mess my head up but I really feel OKAY and at peace with my supposed to be DD turned MD.

I went back and forth about what to do tomorrow. DD or UD. I decided to have a UD or maybe even just another MD and go back to DD on Sunday.

Even with my calories being well over a DD, I made good choices today. It was incredibly hard but I managed to eat pretty well. This evening I nearly caved into eating so many unhealthy things I passed on the way home. I ended up in a drive thru about to order something that would have put my calories well beyond 1200 and midorder changed the order and opted for a salad.

That being said, I think if I make tomorrow a DD I could end up messing up big time. If tomorrow wasn't a weekend day I could probably do a DD just fine. I look forward to my weekend UD all week and it is when I let myself go out and enjoy something more exciting then what I eat on UD during the week. Today still felt like a DD almost and feeling deprived two days in a row might just make me go into binge mode. If that makes sense.

If I end up waking up tomorrow feeling on top of the world and craving some HWC then maybe I will end up making it a DD after all. Right now I am planning for a UD but may opt for a DD if it feels right.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Oz Update

One more things, I need to talk to myself a little bit longer! ha

My Oz adventure is kind of in limbo now.

Long story short-

I am not happy at my job. Its not my place of work, but just unhappy with my role at the company. I have been looking for other jobs with no luck.

which is why I finally, after a long time contemplating, decided to get out of town and go to Australia.

I announced the news to my friends and family that didn't know yet and even on here. Later that afternoon my office phone rang. I got news that the person that does the job at our company that really I should be doing or would like to be doing is moving in a month.

Funny how things work out right?

There are some obstacles I will need to get over in trying to get this promotion. But this has been the source of my stress I spoke of above. As of this afternoon though things are looking up.

If given the promotion, (which would also include a generous raise) There is no way I could turn it down and go to Australia. So my dreams of Oz depend on my not getting this promotion and my dreams of getting this promotion means no Oz.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

UD it is!

I went to chickfila for lunch and after one chicken tender and about two fries was full. JUDDD has made my capacity for food go down!

Then we went to a brewery where I had about 4 "samples" (3/4 full pints)

Guessing I have about 1000 calories left for dinner.

Glad I allowed myself to go through with this UD. Going to breweries is my favorite thing. DD tomorrow of course!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Wow - sounds like exciting times - either the trip to Oz or a promotion!! Seems like a win-win to me! Good luck either way that ends up going.

In reading your posts about you DDs/MDs I just wanted to say that I too am struck with how much more peaceful I feel about things on JUDDD. Must be something in our minds? I think for me not having "forever" restrictions is really helping me mentally stay with it.

Hope you are having a good day! It's UD for me so I'm happy.

DG
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

DG- It sure is so nice! I am glad you are really enjoying it as well! I finally feel like I have found a sustainable plan that I actually really love. I was so excited when I woke up this morning knowing it was a DD!

Sipping on my first cup of coffee/hwc. Going to try to keep it very light on this DD to make up for the lack of a DD on Friday
Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcmb View Post
DG- It sure is so nice! I am glad you are really enjoying it as well! I finally feel like I have found a sustainable plan that I actually really love. I was so excited when I woke up this morning knowing it was a DD!

Sipping on my first cup of coffee/hwc. Going to try to keep it very light on this DD to make up for the lack of a DD on Friday
It is amazing that we get up happy on DD. I feel the same! Some people will think we are nuts feeling happy about eating less food
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #41

OH I can't wait to hear about the promotion! Do you know how many people will be trying for it???
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in to say hi! How are you?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #43

How goes it?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH I can't wait to hear about the promotion! Do you know how many people will be trying for it???
Internally just me.

The main hurdle I have to get over is making the the guy I would be working for comfortable working with me. I work for my family's business. My mom and aunt started the company. There isn't much preferential treatment for me though, which I appreciate. I don't want to be handed something that isn't earned. I went to my aunt when I found out the position would be opening up and she gave me her blessing and said I would of course need to go through the guy hiring for the position and he may feel uncomfortable due to the family dynamic but she thought I would be great in the role.

The family dynamic being a problem due to past family members that don't share the same work ethic as I do and do expect special treatment. This would put him in an uncomfortable position if things weren't going well with us working together and could make him feel stuck because of who I am and fearful of going to his bosses.

I contacted him and asked if we could sit down and discuss it and his response was better than I expected and we are sitting down on Friday to talk. So that is good news! I was worried he wouldn't even give me the time of day from seeing how things have gone down in the past with other family members working here.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Been busy the past few days and about to run out! Will post later. Still JUDDDing
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #46

OH that is GREAT News girl. I know all about family businesses where family is handed XXX and then they are lazy and are gone all the time. I can understand his hesitation, but you can prove to him you are NOT that way!

What type of company is it?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much! I am meeting with him in 20 minutes so I will be able to give the update soon! I am a little nervous.

Its a frozen dessert manufacturing company, mainly cheesecake. Lucky me right? ha

I am not a huge fan of cheesecake from growing up around it but the sweet smells I have to smell everyday do not make things any easier!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #48

OH GOOD LUCK GIRL! Thinking of you RIGHT NOW! I'll watch for your update.

Interesting that it is a dessert company! GOOD LUCK
Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
How did it go?????
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support everyone!

I got the job! and already started training after the meeting on Friday. The pay ended up being higher than I thought even so that is a nice bonus!

As much as I would have liked a big adventure right now, I am really happy about this! Its a relief. It will be nice to wake up every morning to go to a job that isnt completely mindless. I will have to start planning a vacation to Australia now I guess!

The position covers two areas. One that I am very familiar with (communications/PR/marketing) and also part of the job is being a project manager for sales. I have a lot to learn on the sales side but I am really excited to get into it and learn a lot.

On the JUDDD front...the last week was just okay. Considering how stressed I was, I am really proud of myself though. I maintained my weight and I didn't really expect anything more.

Hopefully will be back to posting everyday next week and I pray that I will also find my way back to the gym next week also!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #51

OH CMB! I am so happy for you! Hard work truly DOES pay off!

SOmetimes, maintaining is a GOOD thing!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday!

First morning training for the job. The girl that I am taking over for will be here until the 19th. I am training/following her until the 15th and will officially take over the 15th and have her here to assist in the official transition that week.

Today is a DD for me. My mom brought me a nonfat latte so I am sipping that instead of my HWC coffee. Hopefully it won't spike my hunger.

As of Saturday I was hanging steady at 196.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #53

How exciting for you. SO many new fun things happening here in July for you. I can't wait to hear all about it. You will do great, I JUST KNOW IT!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I am going to get better about posting! I promise!

The whirlwind of changes in my life are just a lot right now! Trying to learn the new job, the holiday, and also I have been house hunting. I put an offer on a house this morning so cross your fingers for that!

Today is my first DD in a minute... getting back on track!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #55

OH let us know what you find out about the house! I'm on a DD today too! 270c thus far!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Well its been over a month since I have logged in and over a month since I have stepped into the gym or been JUDDDing.

The transition into the new job proved to be more overwhelming than I had expected.

Tomorrow will be my first DD in a longgggggg time. Wish me luck. I will be back tomorrow to report. I promise. Gotta get back int he groove of coming on here to help keep me going.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #57

I do wish you luck! HOw is the JOB going? I need to hear some details girl!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

The job is great for the most part! Since we are ramping up for holiday orders things have been crazy. I am lucky if I even have a moment to eat lunch most days! Which is nice for the DDs. I really like it and it is much more rewarding than what I was doing before. I love my boss but there is another character I have to work with that is a different story but that is life I suppose! I will learn to deal with him. He is actually a consultant that was supposed to be here temporarily about 10 years ago and somehow has managed to stay. Everyone wonders why he is here and what he does. The only person that sees value in him is one of the owners but the others do not. He thinks I work for him and makes my life a living hell some days. Friday he called me into his office at 5pm and I didn't end up leaving work until close to 8 (and then had to come in on Saturday also). He really upset me in some of the things he said to me and ways he spoke to me and it pushed me into a full on weekend binge. Made me realize that I had to come back to JUDDD. I think I would have felt a little more control if I was on some sort of plan. Blah Blah Blah woe is me ha. Its okay though. I am learning to deal with him slowly but surely and I sent my boss an email friday evening after I worked myself up into a full on panic attack and he made me feel much better about it all. Sorry about my little rant I just went on!

I have put the house hunt on pause. The house we made an offer on is overpriced and even though their Realtor and mine agree its way overpriced they weren't even willing ot meet anywhere in the middle at the time of our offer. So that was disappointing. I loved most of it but there were some things that weren't perfect so I wasn't willing to go above the number I thought the house was worth. They have since lowered the price some this past weekend but it is still a ways off from my max for that home. SO I may see in a couple weeks if they are willing to move anymore. They currently have a renter that is due to move out in September so they might be getting a bit more motivated. Another house a few down from it went on sale last week and is already under contract, but it is priced appropriately. So maybe they are going to come around.

If nothing happens with that house I think I will move home for a bit. That was a hard pill for me to swallow as I am going to be 26 early next year and moved out of my family's home when I was 14 to go to boarding school. I haven't lived there for over a couple months at a time since I was 14 and am pretty independent. So I will go home when my lease is up and try to save some money and revisit the house thing in the near future. I will continue looking and wait till I find something I am obsessed with and in love with to move forward. I would have liked to of gotten a place now though with the interest rates increasing adn to avoid having to go back to my parents but I am looking at it positively! This is probably the last time in my life I will have the opportunity to live with my parents like this and spend quality time with them. Once I get a house and married with kids it won't be the same. So that part I am excited for.

Please tell me how you are! Is JUDDD being good to you? How is your son doing on his JUDDDing? Did he reach his goal before school started back? I am going to make my way to your journal and catch up myself. This message got entirely too long! haha

DD today has been great so far! Had some green tea this morning and just made a cup of coffee with some cream.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I am officially starving. I think I am around 350 calories ( I know. Shame on me for not counting strictly).

I had some cream this afternoon, about 100 cal of almonds and just now (2) 50 cal turkey dogs.

Need to go to bed before I screw up. First day is the toughest I think..
Old 08-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

First rotation was good! I survived the first DD and yesterday I think I did okay for my UD. I didn't count and could have maybe not eaten enough. But I definitely didn't eat too much. I think I probably got close.

I have trying very hard to detox from sugar and keep my carbs low.

I had a bad day at work yesterday with the same guy as I always have problems with and so badly wanted to drink wine after work. JUDDD allows the wine and I had the calories but I still resisted and stuck with just some cheese!

I didn't really weigh on Sunday but I know last week I was around 204 (I know. eek). Yesterday and Today I was down to 201. Not bad especially considering I was the same after my UD as I was after my DD.

I am going to try to keep my weighing to a minimum though.

I have to get serious and can't lose momentum this time around. I have an engagement party coming up in September I want to look good for (even though I can't make thatttt much progress by then). I also have to order my bridesmaids dress for my best friends wedding that will be in April but order the dress in Mid October. SO I want to get 15 lbs off by then if I can.