Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yes I have to keep my mouth shut, it is not exciting for me but something work related that I am really proud of and excited to be a part of so I will fill you in tonight!

Yeah I was feeling really bad its Tony's kid and he is such a good dad and the numbers are what they are, she works in retail and makes nothing, but lives in a 1800/mo apt because her Mom is rich and gives her money monthly but that doesnt count! I have to let this go and move on, being a step parent is the hardest thing! And there is no good scenario if he were like I feel to Bobby I would be so livid!!!! So I gotta keep my mouth shut and move on! Tony is a good Dad. I think I am jealous too since my ex makes twice as much and since he is self employed I wait and wait for my money, and he lies and doctors the paperwork, last time we went he claimed he made 28,000 a year he has the business in the new wife's name so he can hide the money! My advice is get married have kids and stay married dealing with ex's is a PIA!!!!!!! How did we choose at one time to procreate with these jack a**. LOL

It is 19 degrees here this morning!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Mine has been unemployed since 2009 and is supposedly going to school. i have no idea when i'll start getting money again, i don't even know how hes surviving right now, has to be government assistance. I'd like to be using the child support money for her college fund! But he still gets her every other weekend and has to pay for nothing! he is supposed to be paying but he is not.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm so sorry about the icky going on w/ the $

Oh, you're a big tease! I'm dying to know what your good news is!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Waiting to hear. What a mystery! What could it be! .
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #245

Well the mystery was the high school we go to every year to teach teen driving awareness, State Farm has a contest to go on line for a week in October and vote to commit to safe driving, well out of 3800 schools, our school was #17 and won a $25000 grant! It was pretty exciting, they kept it a secret called all the kids outside and made the announcement, the news was there, the local paper, it was cool to be a part of helping! I always like going to the HS for those 2 days and talking to the teens! My boss puts all her own money into taking prizes for the kids those 2 days, and she worked really hard getting the school to take part, I was proud of her and proud to be a part of this!!!!

We sold my old oven, so I have a huge hole in my kitchen, I said what if the new oven doesnt come, how will we cook for thanksgiving? LOL I guess its microwave food tonight!

14 degrees here God I hate winter!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amber, congratulatins on winning the State Farm grant! That is awesome plus you are doing something really good and important for kids. Hopefully, the new oven will come soon. I love new appliances! It is FREEZING here too so I feel your pain. Hopefully it will warm up later. Have a great day, honey!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Congratulations on the grant -- that's great news!

14 degrees?!? Holy moley...lol. I'm such a wuss in the cold. Hard to believe I lived in PA/OH for over 4 years.

Hope you get your new oven soon!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
14? It's 38 here in NoVA, and I thought that was cold!

Congrats! That's great to hear about the school grant and you and your company helping in the community with the kids. Perfect time of year for this sort of news

As for A's mom, there's always hope in karma! Just do the best you can to set a great example for the kids-- they remember it, it hopefully rubs off on them, makes you feel good, and that helps with the relationship down the road. There are times I wish I would have remembered that more but it's hard sometimes! Hang in there <3

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Last edited by Matrigna; 11-21-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrat's on the grant, that is awesome news!

14?...Bbbrrrrrrrr!!! I'll send ya some of our 60's today...cracks me up to watch people out here once it dips below 70---all the parkas and snowsuits come out Nope, not me...I pretty much run around in t-shirts and flip-flops all year round 'round here. Crazy people!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats! That is so great!
Hopefully it has warmed up. It cracked 40 here. Balmy!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
OMG brrrrrrrrrr
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #252

I got another raise yesterday!! I guess with the other guy leaving and now it is just me and my boss she figures she doesnt want me to leave, that is the 6th raise in 14 months I am inching closer to what I used to make at my old job! I am seriously thinking of getting a new car I took mine in for inspection and spent another $800 good lord that was almost 4800 I have spent on that darn car in the last 8 months, I just want a vehicle that only requires gas! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! So might look at leasing since I still need the big family car!

I swear we are a pit of money that just all goes out and nothing comes in! But you cant take it with you!!! LOL

So I weighed I am the exact same weight I have been the weight I cant seem to budge I am not eating junk so at least I feel a little in control!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your raise!!! That's so great , Amber! I hope the car situation falls into place. My MIL and cousin have both leased and it seemed to work out great, so fingers crossed for you there!

The weight-- ugh! I can so relate! I've been ramping up being 'good' even more and my body is just so stubborn and my weight won't budge, which makes absolutely no sense and to say it out loud, it sounds ridiculous to everyday non-dieting, tiny people, but it's true! I hope things turn around for you there. Eating right always makes me feel better, even if the scale is being a turd.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, congratulations on your raise. You deserve it and your boss loves you. Look into leasing. I owned cars for years and it was fine but last year, I wanted to try a different type of car so I decided to lease so it would not be permanent if I did not like the car. You can find some GREAT deals out there now. A good friend of mine is leasing a 2013 Honda Accord for $200 per month, which is a really good deal.

Love the photos of Ginger on Facebook -- she is a really pretty cat and she is not that fat. She just looks very beautiful, soft and cuddly with pretty markings.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Congratulations on the raise! That's fabulous news, especially right before the holidays!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the raise! That is great, especially right before the holidays! I second what Gail said. Honda Accord! I drive a 2005, which I bought new. I love, love, love it. I keep toying with the idea of upgrading to a crossover to lug baby stuff and dogs around, but I cant bear to give up my accord.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

on your raise! That's awesome right before the holidays, too! Your boss recognizes what a great employee you are, that's for sure. That's how it should be!

Leasing is a great way to go if you don't want to have to hang onto your car at the end of a few years.. some great offers right now for the holidays, too. Can't wait to see what you choose! I have a teeny little car now--finally done with the giant mondo mama car!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #258

Yeah I wish I didnt need the huge Mom car but with Bobby's games and when we have all the kids and the stuff I still need it and I am the most giant wuss ever in the snow, LOL So I like an AWD car, most of the cars I want need all the upgrades I must have heated seats, LOL So I thought rather than plunking 40,000 which I cant afford I would try it, I am going to go get my wreck detailed and see what they offer might sell it on my own and use that to pay bills!

Kia is having a big event, so we are going there, we love Tony's little kia, I was looking at the Sorrento the new on has mirrors that automatically fold in since I hit mine every day on the garage I thought that looked like a good thing! LOL I like the optimas but I dont know how I will feel about a sedan, I have had huge SUVs for so long!

I am stressing out, we sold the stove the other night and today I am delivering the microwave to a lady for $50, so they were suppose to call with delivery times for new oven and no one called, it is messing up my whole day and messing up my life if I dont get this freaking stove for Thanksgiving!!!! LOL

Will let you know what happens today!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope the stove has arrived now!

We have friends who got the Kia Sorrento and love it.

Sending a big hug
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:26 AM   #260

Gosh what a stressful weekend!!! The stove and microwave finally came at 6:00 pm I was at the Kia dealer driving home this huge fancy loaded Sorento and I am like WTH am I doing this car is so expensive, so I have to go back today and decide if I am going to keep it of course now I love that I can park in the garage without hitting the walls, LOL Funny story we opened the microwave and it was all scratched up,I was so ticked called the store they didnt have any more, and it is an over the stove one so I knew TOny had to get it installed over the weekend, we found 1 at HOme Depot so we run out and buy that one, and it too is scratched Tony is like it must be the packaging, so I am like we have to have a microwave so you have to put one of these up scratches and all, turns out there was a piece of packing film over it, neither one was scratched!! Good grief! So had to go return one of them, after I made such a scene!! LOL

Installing that was a PIA, but he got the stove hooked up that was gas, so more involved but I cooked in both of the ovens I love the convection oven I made chicken breasts, a pork tenderloin and butternut squash and it was fabulous! So I feel ready for the birds on Thursday!!!!

So stressed over the car scenario! I hate haggling and how they rush you, so tonight have to waste more time with that and decide!!!!

Busy week and thank goodness it is short!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, you had quite the busy weekend, Amber! I am glad the wonderful stove and microwave arrived though and they look beautiful from your Facebook photos. You are going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Amber, honey...you are amazing. Just all around amazing.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

So glad you are using and loving your new stove and micro. I have a micro/convection over the stove too. I have not got the hang of the convection part...but I can nuke you whatever you want!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

I admit, I got a giggle from the adventures with microwaves That would totally be me not knowing about the film over the appliance! Glad that it all went in ok and holy smokes, you cooked up a baby storm with all that yummy food!

The car thing can be frustrating...too bad you're not closer I'd have had my hubbs help ya out!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with Blonde -- you are amazing, Amber. Hope you are loving your beautiful new car. Don't you love the smell of a new car? I love how sparkling clean a new car is too. Perfect for new beginnings! Hope you have a great day!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

You really did have a busy weekend- wow. I'm glad the stove and microwave are all hooked up and in working order! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving-- that goes for you and your fam, Amber, and you boardies

Good luck with the car! I feel in love with a souped up yellow Jeep Sahara the last time I was at the dealership, but I ended up with something else instead... more practical. Sigh. LOL! Maybe you'll get a great price for your old one and can do the Kia!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #267

I got the Kia, and I do love it!!! It was stressful but worst case scenario I am leasing it for not a bad price to not have mechanic bills. Love the new stove, the new stove has regular gas in the top oven and convection in the bottom, it adjusts the temp for convection, I am stressing about it for the bird! Short day today, my co worker's last day!!!! I am bummed now I wont have anyone to carry on with when the boss is away! He is a young guy, he was so sweet he was like Amber I am sad to leave you, that made me feel good! I told him we will keep in touch but its never the same when you leave.

Our real estate agent is coming tonight for a drink, he has not seen any of the work we did in the house so I said I will be cooking but come over and have a drink with us!

I put the 2 extenders in my table and now I need a tablecloth, or I bunch 2 up but all the ones together look really bad, so now scrambling to find one today! 120" its a monster, Tony wants to finish the basement so he is like leave that in one less thing to store the dining room is all table, LOL

I love my new cat, OMG I just cant stand how sweet she is, such a lover so cute, she was the best decision I made in a while!

I want all my girlies to have a fabulous day with family, much to be thankful for!!!!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! Congrats on the Kia!

So glad the kitty is a perfect fit for you guys! She sounds adorable =) One of these days, I will have a real facebook account again!

The oven sounds amazing. I have a really old oven that came with the house. It's one of those double-wides with one big and one small oven, side by side. It's huge and ugly but really comes in handy with guests, so I'll be sad when it goes... but happy because that's the only thing keeping us from remodeling the kitchen how we want to.

Having the realtor over is a big deal. Ours asked to come over about a year ago to see what we've done to the house but, the truth is, we worked day and night, every spare second, for like 8 months and then just stopped! That "burn out" feeling set in and we've just been living in it since. It's still on our list, but life is busy. We never did have her over! That's great you did it, finished it, and have it together to show her all your hard work and results. Hope the dinner goes great!

Good luck tablecloth hunting. I hope you find the perfect thing! Our new dining room table is a big square with no dividers and I can't find a tablecloth for it anywhere!

Have an amazing Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Amber! Wishing you and your family a beautiful holiday.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, Amber! Wishing you and your family a beautiful holiday.
Ditto! Yes, me too! Enjoy your day, no worries, no troubles, just family, food and fun. My three favorite F-words.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote