Old 11-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OMG it is snowing, ughghg that means winter is around the corner and an artic blast it is suppose to get so cold and windy, ughghg that just makes me in a bad mood! I have to go to some class this morning and everyone will be driving crazy since its snowing, but at least it is time out of the office, so yeah!!!!

Made dreamfields and meatballs with Hunts sugar free sauce, it is really blah sauce so it needs jacked up, I measured my pasta so I didnt go nuts!
We got the cold, luckily not the snow. I use Hunts sugar free also...it is..so bland, I usually use spices and some ricotta cheese to jazz it up.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Amber~ Your dinner party sounded fabulous! What great food you served.

Sorry about the snow...don't hate me but the expected high here today is 88 and low 90's tomorrow...such is Autumn in SoCal.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
UGH BOO TO THE SNOW! I hate super cold weather!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amber, how are you doing? I hope work is going well.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Amber! How much snow did y'all get? We only saw a few flakes here in VA, thank goodness. People here have NO clue how to drive in any precipitation!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Not here either, Jayce! When it rains in Southern California...people drive the same as if it's sunny. LOTS of avoidable accidents....

Hey Amber! How's your week going? Up to your ears in guests, right?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
We got a layer, non stayed on roads, but melted and refroze......black ice warming up for next few days.
kittycitygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #218

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
We had flurries it was blustery on Wed now just cold!!! I have not had much time to be on with Nan here this week! She keeps me busy looking after her at 92, but she is doing great, I just try to devote all my time to her since she is alone all day! Eating has been pretty good, but I forgot to weigh this morning, I am sort of getting used to not being driven to weigh, so that is fine!!!

My sister laid one on me, she is having the gastric sleeve weight loss surgery apparently for 6 months she has been working on it! I guess it was half a compliment that she paid me when she said I was a freak who lost the weight on my own, but like I told her I dont care if you do it with surgery or on your own it requires a life style change, I said you see me eat I dont eat any of things I used to eat on a regular basis, I am wishing her luck because I know being fat sucks, she is whiny and always sick so I am just worried my niece and nephew will suffer!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

You are a good sister Amber. You set a great example by losing so much weight through hard work, low carb and exercise. It is nice that you are being supportive of her. I am glad you are not weighing so much -- you continue to make great progress but if you are a slave to the scale, it can be debilitating mentally you know?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We had flurries it was blustery on Wed now just cold!!! I have not had much time to be on with Nan here this week! She keeps me busy looking after her at 92, but she is doing great, I just try to devote all my time to her since she is alone all day! Eating has been pretty good, but I forgot to weigh this morning, I am sort of getting used to not being driven to weigh, so that is fine!!!

My sister laid one on me, she is having the gastric sleeve weight loss surgery apparently for 6 months she has been working on it! I guess it was half a compliment that she paid me when she said I was a freak who lost the weight on my own, but like I told her I dont care if you do it with surgery or on your own it requires a life style change, I said you see me eat I dont eat any of things I used to eat on a regular basis, I am wishing her luck because I know being fat sucks, she is whiny and always sick so I am just worried my niece and nephew will suffer!

that is so scary. best of luck to her!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Hi Amber,
I know its got to be so stressful to think about what your sister is doing. Hopefully the drs will make her follow the diet before she can get the surgery. But I guess all you can do is be there for the kids....maybe after she loses some weight her health will imporve?
It was really cold here earlier in the week, but its been warming up, and its supposed to get into the 60's over the weekend, so keep your chin up! If its that warm here, it'll probably be beach weather where you are!
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:

Indeed, this does take discipline. I met one woman, my co-worker's best friend who had the lap band. She stayed with us in a hotel in DC when we had to stay for weeks of training. She would order a dinner that she couldn't eat, then take it back to the hotel in a to-go box. My co-worker said her friend had (so far) gained half her weight back she had lost because she would take food and eat a few bites at a time on and off all day long, carrying food with her everywhere, and so what was the point? She worked at eating as much as she could; she didn't have any discipline beyond the lap band capacity.

At some point, you have to learn something and be disciplined.

That said, your sister is right, we are freaks of nature. Most people can't lose and keep it off!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:27 AM   #223

YEah whatever with my sister, I cant control what she does, but I just want the kids to be OK, that is my main concern!

So we got a new cat last night, I think she needs low carb, holy crap she is a fat cat she is so sweet and I am amazed that my cats are being nice to her no middle of te night cat fights! So she is still getting used to everything, Bobby loves her and named her Ginger, her name was Lily and we have a cat named Lily! So she has a new name, so it was a big deal I agreed to another cat and my son like always Mom now can we have 5 cats, LOL NO!!!

So my aunt is coming to push me in the basement, all the crap I piled down there will be organized and amazing by the end of the day I will be complaining! I need to get rid of more stuff so Tony can start working on his shops!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

That is great your aunt is coming to keep you motivated to get that job done! I am always "planning" stuff like that. I just need to move from the planning to the actual doing!
Ginger is so pretty. Love her! We used to have a huge fat cat named Herman. He was Andrews buddy. No man ever loved a cat like andrew loved Herman. Anyway, one day we were having a pizza delivered, and the delivery guy said "Wow. That is a FAT cat! Andrew was so offended, and I was like, you know it's bad if the pizza guy comments on it!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, Ginger is beautiful -- her coat is gorgeous. And I love fat cats! They are so soft and cuddly. I had a big male fat cat named Zorro and he was just the sweetest cat ever.

Hope you have a good weekend. You can't worry about your sister --- she will do whatever she wants to do regardless of anyone else. I am glad that you are keeping an eye out for her children though. Bobby is such a good kid and one of the reasons why he is so wonderful is because he had a good loving mom who put his needs first.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #226

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Your family is lucky to have you!

Had a fat cat way back. Kids in the neighborhood would ask if they could have a kitten....it was a boy! LOL

Ginger is adorable!
kittycitygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #227

Good grief girls every time I try to post it loses it this is time #3! So frustrating! Going to remember to copy this time!!!!

So got the new cat Ginger she is a sweetie and a chubbo, so good, Bobby is loving her! Meg that is too funny about the cat, LOL

Eating was less than stellar and I am the exact same weight go figure! My normal weight I am always at regardless, but need to kick it up this week, I think I am going to do the Shred every morning and see how that goes!

Ordered a new double oven and micro so now all the appliances will be upgraded wasnt planning to spend that but oh well with doing Thanksgiving I wanted to have a good oven!

My co worker gave notice, so now just me and my boss, I better get a raise soon again! We were an office of 5 and now 2! Good grief!

Basement is totally organized my aunt is a champ! She keeps me in line to get some stuff done and is so good at it! I am freak in my house but the basement is an episode of hoarders I cant get rid of anything so I throw it down there! LOL
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, so glad you got your basement organized. It must look great. And I love getting new appliances -- that is exciting.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So glad that Robert is enjoying the new kitty, that's so sweet!

Hooray for a clean basement! I love that your aunt came to help you--she really musta kept you focused! You're going to be so glad you got it done.

New appliances...love that! Now you can make that holiday spread in style!

I wouldn't worry about the weight thing...it'll get done!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

So frustrating losing a post. Glad you got your basement organized! We have NO storage in this house. We still have stuff at our old place! It's a 2 family plus carriage house apartments, so we rent the units, and keep the storage for ourselves. Doh!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Yeah, from what I'm learning, you can easily gain weight back with any of the weight loss surgeries, if you are determined to find ways to "eat around" it. It requires dedication and work to be successful, long term, just like everything else. And guess what else? Low carb! I wish your sis lots of luck and that it works out to be the best thing for her AND the kiddos. I can understand why you're worried, though!

My critters all have grain-free diets, even the chickies, and they're all doing great. The ferrets were the only ones we "switched" to one, and they have a beautiful coat and are much more spunky and ornery now! The dog and hens were on one from day one.

Congrats on an organized basement and new appliances! It's the little things =) our micro broke on thanksgiving mid-morning last year! Oh the horror and inconvenience! Lol!

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #232

Today is stressful TOny's ex is taking him to court for more child support, she is such a yak, ughghg!!!! So we will probably be more in debt after today, I said ther eis no way we are hiring an attorney with a $5K retainer so hopefully the judge will be fair, the money is sent directly from his check, all the medical bills are paid by him, what else does she want? Ex's are a PIA!!!!!!

Loving this cat, I am so glad I said I would take her!

My hair is a huge issue, 6 weeks ago when my hair dresser did my hair my hair broke in huge chunks, I was devastated had to go and get it cut it feels terrible, I have been putting reconstructer on for weeks, so I was like what am I going to do? Let Tony color my hair, LOL I thought home hair color with no ammonia would be less harsh so he colored it last night, and it feels terrible but at least the roots are lighter, ughghg hair stress is the worst! I have to find someone new but I just have no clue where to go!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Amber,
Ugh, just what you don't need. It's so upsetting to see this kind of stuff when tony is doing the right things! PITA,
Glad you are loving sweet ginger, nothing nicer than cuddling a sweet kitty!
I am so sorry you are having such trouble with your hair. Usually when I do a home color kit, it comes with a deep conditioner that Makes my hair really soft! Too soft for my thin string hair! Another thing you might want to try is wen cleansing conditioner. It is too rich for me to use more than once a week but it might be great for you. I get mine from qvc, they have good deals a lot...but I think they have it at sephora too...
Old 11-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Ugh, sorry to hear about his ex...that majorly sucks! I hope it'll all work out.

You might want to try coconut oil on your hair -- I think some people use it as a deep treatment. I found this online:

Deep Conditioning
For a deep conditioning treatment, massage a couple of tablespoons of the coconut oil into your clean, damp hair and scalp (if your hair is thinner, you may choose to skip the scalp as the oil could weigh your hair down). You may need more for long hair. Use more oil where your hair is the driest and most damaged (typically on the ends) and less where your hair is healthiest (mid-shaft and scalp area). I find that it's best to section your hair off and apply the coconut oil in sections to be sure that every hair is coated properly. If your coconut oil is in a solid state, you will need to warm the oil gently to create a liquid. Allow the oil to sit on your hair for 20-30 minutes after application (for very dry or porous hair you can leave the oil on longer). To increase the effectiveness of the treatment, cover with a shower cap and wrap your hair in a hot towel (fresh from the dryer) or apply heat with a hair dryer for a few minutes. Because the oil is very heavy, you will need to shampoo the oil out of your hair after the treatment.

Coconut oil can be a god-send to those with severely damaged, over processed, and heat styled hair. It will be important to experiment with the amount of coconut oil to use, and how long to allow the oil to penetrate your hair in a way that will work for your specific hair type. If the coconut oil leaves your hair feeling weighed down or greasy, try using less or shampooing more effectively post treatment.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

omg im so sorry about your hair and tonys stinky ex! she should be glad shes getting anything at all. i don't get jack! my ex is like 10k in debt to me.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #236

No kidding, it was bad almost $400 a month more, where that is coming from I have no idea, I am sort of mad at him and I know he has no control over it, and it is really the situation! It sucks!!!! I guess it is because his daughter is so crappy that it ticks me off more!

But anyways! Tomorrow is an exciting day, I will tell you about it after it is over!!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So sorry for the trauma. Is she remarried?

Hope tomorrow is great for you!

Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Hope things went in Tony's favor at court today, Amber. We are (were? Our "his" and "hers" are grown now and we just have the little guy, "ours," at home now) a blended family but no court or child support ever., which was both a good and bad thing at the time. But they are only getting older so there is light! This WILL get better! Sometimes it helps to hear that =) And it's true!

I have to use store-bought dye in the natural section now. Salons and regular home hair dyes fry my hair something awful. I hope you can fix it and find a much better beautician.
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, so sorry to hear this -- that is awful about Tony's ex. She sounds greedy. Let us know how things went in court today. You are a great wife and a wonderful stepmom to Autumn. As for the hair issue, I understand how you feel. Try a deep conditioner especially made for color treated hair from Kerastase (expensive) or from Neutrogena (less expensive, comes in cream colored and orange packaging). You can find both at the drugstore. For people who color their hair blonde, Goldwell makes the best hair color products -- super gentle and not drying. You can buy that online or at a beauty supply store -- but most good hair salons carry it. I asked my hairdresser to start using it for me and she did. I've been coloring my hair blonde since 1990 so I know that you need to really deep condition the hair on a regular basis. Good luck!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Another 400 a month. Yikes! That stinks!
Ok, I'm am too curious about your exciting day today. Whatever it is, I hope it's the best ever! And let us know! I'm spinning with possibilities!