Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
The house we have done so much, this week we had water in the basement, and the master toilet overflowed and ran all day and leaked through our kitchen ceiling two big messes!

Nan is doing great she stayed here for 2 weeks, she can navigate down here I turned the living room into a bedroom for her and now that will help my aunt, she will be 92 on 10/22 she is doing awesome, it is really amazing!

Robert is great, finishing up baseball soon, that will be a relief he is in 4 honors classes at Jr high this year I think for the first time he is actually being challenged, I got him an Iphone and said if your grades slack it goes, so he is motivated.

Tony and I are great we just had our 2nd anniversary on 10/9, I had my 45th b-day man we are getting old!

I will see if I can upload some photos, it has been so long I forget! LOL

SO made it to the gym this morning, I like my gym but at 5 am I just cant get to pushing myself hard enough, I miss my trainer, the one they have is lame there is another gym near me that is expensive, but they have a special for 2 months so 11/15-1/15 I might try it.

I kept my trap shut last night, and I was hungry, but I am trying! It is amazing how even after one day of being low carb the cravings do pass, I need to remember that!

Big Halloween party this weekend that will be a carb fest so I need to take a salad and keep my trap shut!

I did miss everyone!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
We are glad you are back! You are doing great on your routine with eating and working out. This will really pay off and you will continue to lose and look great in Vegas!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to mention to you that astrology is on your side when it comes to kicking off the diet/exercise program today. You see, today, the planet Mars (planet of action) enters Virgo and stays there until December. That means that things that you start today (or even this week) have a great chance of succeeding because you are a Virgo and you have the power planet on your side. From today until mid December, you will have great energy and the powers of the universe cheering you on to goal.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/210.6/175
WOE: diet/exercise
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey girls I have been MIA for some time!!! I can't believe how long it has been!!! I am still struggling, just staying the same, I get strict for 2 weeks, lose a ton of weight which you would think motivates me, but then go off the deep end! Tony and I are going to Vegas 1/17 for a week and I really want to have a good 20 pounds off me til then! I think the worst is I am not working out like I was, I am struggling in that dept, might try a new gym!
Going to be posting on here somewhat regularly and see if that helps me, I keep thinking how was I determined for so long losing this weight, and now I cant stay focused at all!

So no sense crying about what it, just do it! Grilled lots of meat yesterday.

today had

protein shake for breakfast w/almond milk
salad with buffalo chicken for lunch
pork chop and salad for dinner

And managed to get my vitamins in, I swear I am so lame I cant even remember to take them everyday, just been lacking in everything!!!!!

The house is great we love it!!!! We are doing lots of projects, the next is the home gym, I am going to like that!!!!

Hope you all are doing well, I did miss my peeps!!!!!
So happy to see you back!! You can do it! I KNOW you can. and we have biggest loser starting tonight to really motivate us!! YAY
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #95

Oh Lexi I am glad you told me that I forgot about it starting. Gail I need my planets in order
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Gail..

Glad to read about Virgo's because
having eye surgery tomorrow the 16th
and Nov. 6th. So both will be a
Sucess! Power Planet Yea!

Amber.......
Sorry your having problems with the
house but so happy to hear Nan is
doing great. Also what a great son.

Happy Anniversary!
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #97

Bella good luck with your eye surgery!!!!

Last night I grilled a london broil and I cooked it perfectly it was delish! I am a terrible griller but managed to cook it right! We love that kale salad mix from Costco so we had that with it, and I am taking that for lunch today.

Biggest loser was really good, I like the trainer save this year. Tony said the nicest thing to me last night while it was on, he said Amber, you didnt sit there and cry about had someone had to help you, you just got your stuff together and did it, I said but I cried about my weight for years, and so many people did help me, support here, trainers, you name it, he said the fact you lost the weight doesnt make me love you more, it makes me admire you and your tenacity so much more, it was really sweet the way he said it, especially when I am feeling like such a loser for gaining some back.

Someone last night said you have to get it in your head and they are so right, working out, knowing what to eat that is the easy part, it is getting your head focused that is the hard part and the biggest struggle!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bella good luck with your eye surgery!!!!

Last night I grilled a london broil and I cooked it perfectly it was delish! I am a terrible griller but managed to cook it right! We love that kale salad mix from Costco so we had that with it, and I am taking that for lunch today.

Biggest loser was really good, I like the trainer save this year. Tony said the nicest thing to me last night while it was on, he said Amber, you didnt sit there and cry about had someone had to help you, you just got your stuff together and did it, I said but I cried about my weight for years, and so many people did help me, support here, trainers, you name it, he said the fact you lost the weight doesnt make me love you more, it makes me admire you and your tenacity so much more, it was really sweet the way he said it, especially when I am feeling like such a loser for gaining some back.

Someone last night said you have to get it in your head and they are so right, working out, knowing what to eat that is the easy part, it is getting your head focused that is the hard part and the biggest struggle!
i saw the picture of that, looked YUMMY!!

im happy you have such a sweet and supportive husband!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I love the new cast for BL... I felt it was very very rushed. Down to an hour---something is afoot in the land of television... It has ALWAYS been 2 hours, especially for the opener.

Your Tony is a keeper for sure!!! He is one of the reasons why you are so successful--he truly loves you inside and out no matter what!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, I totally agree with you about getting the head focused on weight loss -- sticking with it is all mental. Once you are mentally ready to commit to eating/exercising properly, the actual execution of it just follows naturally.

I love how much Tony loves you!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #101

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/212/??? 5/10" The real age 49
WOE: 2014 Nutritional Ketosis Experiment Begins
Start Date: LC'05,'10Paleo,'13 S.Guyenet+S.Roberts'14C.Kresser
Amber - how are you holding up?

It is good to see you posting here again!
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #103

Day 4 down made it to the gym! Dani- I liked that BL was an hour, because when it was 2 hours they would spend 30 minutes weighing people and that is when I would fall asleep! Dolvett is looking good as usual! We didnt get to hear the stories on everyone, but I am liking the swimmer,and praying the weighlifter girls makes it to makeover week, LOL Man she needs to smile or something!!!

Went to a breast cancer benefit last night for a wonderful nurse friend that died of breast cancer, surrounded by lots of pink treats but I did good, ate a few pieces of sashimi and some crab salad in endive! That was rough, but I did have a little swallow of pink champagne!! LOL

Made it to the gym again! I am really sore from Tuesday I decided I need to push myself harder, so I jacked up the weights, now to keep the momentum going!!!!

Glad to be back with my girlies, I did miss you all so much!!! You know its a lifelong battle and its always easier to fight in numbers!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day 4 down made it to the gym! Dani- I liked that BL was an hour, because when it was 2 hours they would spend 30 minutes weighing people and that is when I would fall asleep! Dolvett is looking good as usual! We didnt get to hear the stories on everyone, but I am liking the swimmer,and praying the weighlifter girls makes it to makeover week, LOL Man she needs to smile or something!!!

Went to a breast cancer benefit last night for a wonderful nurse friend that died of breast cancer, surrounded by lots of pink treats but I did good, ate a few pieces of sashimi and some crab salad in endive! That was rough, but I did have a little swallow of pink champagne!! LOL

Made it to the gym again! I am really sore from Tuesday I decided I need to push myself harder, so I jacked up the weights, now to keep the momentum going!!!!

Glad to be back with my girlies, I did miss you all so much!!! You know its a lifelong battle and its always easier to fight in numbers!!!!!
yea i like thats its only an hour too, seems counter productive to sit and watch 2 hours of tv to try and motivate us to get up and move HAHAHA

omgosh i LOVE sashimi!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #105

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Good for you! You kept strong!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/143/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Glad you are back Amber! Big Fat Smooches! Thanks for visiting!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Thank You Amber..

Going good so far...Things are brighter
Now!

Trouble is I see what my face really looks
like!

Good job on your food plan/eating.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #108

Bella- glad you are doing well!!!!

A week's worth of gym down, that was good, we might be going to the Greek Festival tonight, I guess gyro meat is ok as long as I don't eat the pita. I have to stay away from the pastry room! Ughghg, I hate temptations, then the Halloween party on Sat night, me and Tony are going as a PB and Jelly sandwich, LOL It is a cute costume! Robert and mu Mom do this party every year for the kids and everyone must dress up and they give prizes it is always fun! I talked mom into making salad for me, since it will be a carb fest!

I am so glad its Friday!!! Hubs took a personal day so he can paint the ceiling where the water went through, so hopefully that will be fixed by the time I get home.

We ate all the meat we grilled so going to have an Atkins entree for lunch, I am trying to not eat them too often, they are full of sodium and crap but they are tasty! Better that then get something bad!

Have a good Friday!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, the peanut butter and jelly costume sounds so cute!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

happy Friday Amber. Stay strong at the festival and your party!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/143/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Cant wait to see the pics of the sammich!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #112

I did pretty well at Greek festival, it could have turned into a carb fest, but I kept LC, they had a filet stuffed with feta and black olives that was so good, said no to the rise and bread and ate a Greek Salad, ate a few of the Greek fries, but overall could have been worse! Like in the pastry room!

Woke up at 5:30 and I was so excited to sleep in, darn it! I hate that!!!

Going to the orchard today, to pick apples and pumpkins, now we have the house and no one can see the front, so no sense going nuts decorating, I figure I will sit at the end of the driveway for the trick or treaters since they will never walk back our long driveway. We got all the candy at Costco and tony made a big deal yelling at Robert not to eat it, so I see the bag is opened, he has been eating it!

When I first started on here 9/2010 that first Halloween I vowed to not eat any Halloween Candy, who is with me this year to not eat one piece of Halloween candy? I am going to do it, that is the stuff that just triggers wanting more and more!!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

I am in with you on the Halloween candy -- I don't want to eat a single piece. And I agree, once I start, I can't stop -- especially with things like miniature Snickers, Reeses Cups, 1,000 Dollar Bars, minature Hershies and Krackels. Candy corn is gross to me but I love the little candy bars.

I love how you went to the Greek Festival and stayed on plan. Go you! That is awesome and resisting those Greek pastries and baklava is really hard. I love the weekend you have planned -- like the perfect Fall weekend. You and Tony always do fun things together which is great.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya did great at the festival! Go you!!!

We don't ever get trick or treaters, and my kids could care less about the candy so I get lucky with no temptation... that is, unless DH decides he wants it Luckily, he's been good so far!

Have fun today, it sounds amazing!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/212/??? 5/10" The real age 49
WOE: 2014 Nutritional Ketosis Experiment Begins
Start Date: LC'05,'10Paleo,'13 S.Guyenet+S.Roberts'14C.Kresser
Amber, good you on the festival! I have a work event, a big party today, you make me feel much stronger.

I have had a bad week again. I am stressed out because the church next door is hosting a homeless camp right up against our neighborhood. This is crazy, our neighborhood is freaked out, some of the poor neighbors look out their back master bedroom second floor right into where the tents are going to be. We got no warning, we just found out because the camp lost the spot they were supposed to go. For some reason, it made me eat too much, which is weird I usually eat less when stressed. I think it is because I'm scared this time. We live in a super safe neighborhood deep in the suburbs and no one has ever thought about this before around here.

I am with you on the Halloween candy. It is this craziness that kicks off the start of the holiday weight gain.

I have been reading Seth Roberts lately, and he says that chocolate does raise your fat set point. He says a one pound box of chocolate really can make you gain 10 pounds because it raises your fat set point (so you start eating like crazy). I know this one, that is ME.

OK, I am going to be strong....I'm joining in. NO HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Key Tones; 10-19-2013 at 12:39 PM..
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, saw you costume on Facebook! You and Tony looked adorable!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #117

party was fun but an epic low carb fail, Nan wanted me to eat B-day cake and who was I to say no!! LOL Also went face down in this darn pumpkin dip my aunt made God it was so good I didnt even want to know what was in it! But I ate of ton of it on ginger snaps, LOL Oh well, I am so glad I am not weighing!!1 tomorrow I will face the scale.

I am going out of town to life insurance training for 3 days, they have a gym at the hotel so I can work out, lunch is provided and might be sketchy so going to eat a big egg breakfast every morning, and be strict!

I made the best roasted cauliflower today event he kids loved it, I took maybe 1/4 cup of cashew butter, 1/4 of olive oil salt pepper and chili powder coated it all and roasted at 400 for almost an hour, it was so good, made that and london broil! Worked outside in the hard planting so that was my exercise!!!! I hung this fall garland on the door with one of those command hooks, well it ripped off all the paint that Tony just painted, whoops!! He was not too happy! Eagles lost to Dallas, ughghg now will have to listen to that!

Hope all is well!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay for a fun party! Ah, so the food was a no-go but there's always tomorrow!! You were a busy bee today. I'm gonna have to try that roasted cauli..I'm getting bored w/ my veggies..

Have a wonderful night!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #119

Well all the water I drank yesterday I was down 7.2 since last Monday I will take that considering Saturday night antics, now to stick to it this week being less in control being away, but I am going to try to make good choices, and take some protein shakes in case the options are just not good!

We have nothing planned next weekend so it should be easy to stick to it, so when I get home I can be super focused, and we dont have the kids so that helps too! I ate an apple last night, those apples from the orchard are so good, I know they are a little carby but I am not going to sweat an apple.

It will be sort of nice to be away, I am meeting an old friend form college that lives near where the hotel is so Tuesday night we are going out to catch up. They have a nice gym so I can work out and class doesnt start until 9 so I might be able to sleep in until 6, yippee!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, congratulations on the weight loss! That is terrific. Good luck at the life insurance conference -- you will be fine. You are in control -- don't forget that!