What's scrapple?!?
Bigmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Big Mama~I think if Atkins Bars help with your cravings then go for it!!

Amber, WOW, great weight loss stats! I really need to try yoga...
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Congrat's on the loss this week! You are really doing a fantastic job, girl. Keep it up!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
YAY!! Go Amber Go!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #545
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
mama-
You probably dont want to know what scrapple is, I grew up in Lancaster COunty, PA and it is a local thing! It has anywhere from 5-8 carbs but I love it all crispy then mushed on the inside in dippy eggs!!!

I found this for ya!!!!

Scrapple sounds like an insult, the name you call the runt in gym class. More likely it derives from the terms scraps and scrappy. And what a fitting name indeed for a traditional Pennsylvania-Dutch dish made from the odds and ends of the pig, stewed, chopped, or ground up, and mixed with cornmeal and flour. (Yum.) Often the cornmeal is cooked in the gluey gelatinous stock that comes from such a commingling of pig parts in a pot.

Once firm, scrapple is cut up and fried. It's a humble dish made with thrift in mind, just another instance of when eating low on the hog is a good thing. Think: a sort of fried polenta, were it injected with as much porky character as possible. (Although scrapple is traditionally made with pork, you could just as well use beef or lamb parts.)

What pig parts go into scrapple? That's like asking what used to go into hot dogs, and probably still does. Its contents mostly likely varied depending on what was at hand. After a pig slaughter, probably just about everything went into scrapple on the premise that as long it could be bound with mushy cornmeal and gelatinous meat stock, then it was fair game for the scrapple pot. (Meat and skin, tendons, liver, brains, little bits of stomach, ears, and so forth.)

People either love it or hate, I am in the love category and was at an butcher that makes it locally,
Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 AM   #546

So Tuesday again!!! Yesterday was so stressful I hope today is better! Does anyone watch Naked and Afraid? I love that show, can you imagine being stranded naked in jungles, etc no water, no food, I am hooked on that show. I said I need it just for the weight loss aspect! One night in that jungle I would scream myself to death, LOL

What did I eat yesterday
B- LC balls- must admit getting a tad tired of them
L- chicken breast on brocolli slaw
D- chicken thighs on chop salad
2 fat bombs

And no exercise, unless you count a few yoga poses to keep my back going, and my hip, something is up with my right hip so I am trying to fix it! LOL Anything to avoid a doctor!

More rain all day it is miserable we were teased with the most perfect weather on Sunday nut rather it is ugly at work!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber...no comment on the scrapple. To each his own.

I found a nice LC snack for my down days...sugar snap peas in glass dish with a couple of table spoons of water, microwaved 2 minutes (or less). Theya re still crispy but more tender than raw, I drain the water and sprinkle a little soy sauce and eat them with my fingers (hot!) 35 calories per cup so great for a DD but also low carb!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
So Tuesday again!!! Yesterday was so stressful I hope today is better! Does anyone watch Naked and Afraid? I love that show, can you imagine being stranded naked in jungles, etc no water, no food, I am hooked on that show. I said I need it just for the weight loss aspect! One night in that jungle I would scream myself to death, LOL

What did I eat yesterday
B- LC balls- must admit getting a tad tired of them
L- chicken breast on brocolli slaw
D- chicken thighs on chop salad
2 fat bombs

And no exercise, unless you count a few yoga poses to keep my back going, and my hip, something is up with my right hip so I am trying to fix it! LOL Anything to avoid a doctor!

More rain all day it is miserable we were teased with the most perfect weather on Sunday nut rather it is ugly at work!
Oh i know. can you imagine how skinny we'd be 3 months away on an island with just fruits and veggies to keep us alive HAHA.

if i were rich i would do something like that. it would have to be supervised tho and people would have to help me get food
Old 04-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Seen the program..

Don't know how they do it!
Look away when eat bugs and snakes!
Like my islands with a room, pool and clean
water and drinks plus food that doesn't crawl!

Have you seen the one where they kidnap one
of them(there our four men) and put them in the
middle of where ever..they don't know where they are
and they have to find someone to check in before time is up..
Like this one the best.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:43 AM   #550

I never saw that one Bella I like surviorman and dual survivor too I always think you know on the off chance I am stranded in a jungle or snow covered mountain I should know how to survive, LOL I would last about 20 minutes, LOL

So last night's exercise was swinging the pick axe for our fire pit we are building, holy crap that is hard work, I hope I never have to work on a chain gang! I said how much deeper, freaking engineers have to be so perfect we are only 1/2 way there, ughgh so he says we will do a little each night.

B- balls
L- salad I forgot the chicken but I tried a quest bar it was delicious, and I hope it doesnt make me stall or gain very filling and lots of fiber
D- chicken thighs over salad
2 fat bombs

SO they say the new gym is suppose to open this weekend, so we are going Sunday to check it out, its expensive, but I think the closeness makes it worthwhile. 15 minutes in the morning is a lot of time to save that can be spent working out!

My aunt and I are having a girls day on Sunday at Christmas she said she didnt want any presents she wanted to spend a day, so taking her to lunch, and then shopping. I want new clothes, I am so sick of black pants and sweaters!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:44 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
BellaRose, I think you're talking about the show "Dude, You're Screwed!" I have watched that before & liked it...it's amazing what people can do to survive!

You're doing great, Amber! WTG on swinging that pick axe...I bet that had your arms burning!

Which Quest bar flavor did you try? People have told me to try the Apple Pie & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ones. I've only tried the Cinnamon Roll one so far...it was good heated up a lil' bit.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

B- balls
L- salad I forgot the chicken but I tried a quest bar it was delicious, and I hope it doesnt make me stall or gain very filling and lots of fiber
D- chicken thighs over salad
2 fat bombs
ok im a perv but i giggled a little when i read in my head that you had balls for breakfast HAHAHA
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
BellaRose, I think you're talking about the show "Dude, You're Screwed!" I have watched that before & liked it...it's amazing what people can do to survive!

You're doing great, Amber! WTG on swinging that pick axe...I bet that had your arms burning!

Which Quest bar flavor did you try? People have told me to try the Apple Pie & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ones. I've only tried the Cinnamon Roll one so far...it was good heated up a lil' bit.
I've tried almost all of them. the choc chip cookie dough heated up is so good. the new cookies and cream is delish too! I also like the white choc raspberry!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
ok im a perv but i giggled a little when i read in my head that you had balls for breakfast HAHAHA
Hahaha...a girl after my own .
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I did too!!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #556

Perverts!!! Tony wishes I had balls for breakfast, LOL

I tried the white raspberry and the chocolate peanut butter so far both very good but they make my stomach have weird noises!!!! My stomach gurgled all day after eating one at lunch time,

I branched out today and had Greek Yogurt for breakfast! I couldnt stand another ball!!! LOL I am really tired of them!!!!

B= Greek yogurt
L- salad and a quest bar
D- cheeseburger with bacon on salad, so delicious! OMG I love a diet you can eat a burger!!!!

Idol tonight, are you guys watching?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I tried the white raspberry and the chocolate peanut butter so far both very good but they make my stomach have weird noises!!!! My stomach gurgled all day after eating one at lunch time,

I branched out today and had Greek Yogurt for breakfast! I couldnt stand another ball!!! LOL I am really tired of them!!!!

B= Greek yogurt
L- salad and a quest bar
D- cheeseburger with bacon on salad, so delicious! OMG I love a diet you can eat a burger!!!!

Idol tonight, are you guys watching?
HAHA i'll bet he does! My hubby too!

i started out watching idol but its just too many hours each week and i got behind on it.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 AM   #558

We dvr everything!!! I cant stand watching a live show anymore and I keep trying to fast forward, LOL!!!

Went for a big walk last night, Tony gave me a break from the axe, good thing my shoulders are killing me!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new gym opens this weekend and then my butt will be there every morning at 5:00!

B- greek yogurt & Dukan granola-it looks like hamster food but mostly fiber
L- left over burger on salad
D- my breakfast balls and salad- I made all of them so have to eat them, taking a break from them next week for sure!

Skipped the quest bars dont want to eat too many this week

I am having a day with my aunt tomorrow going shopping and taking her to lunch, I need some new spring clothes!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't stand watching commercials anymore..gives me anxiety I'm also thankful for the ability to record up to 4 things at once or things could get catastrophic around here!

Can't wait to hear about this new gym! Enjoy your time with your aunt!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope the gym opens and you like it. Have fun shopping!

Your meals sound great......

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #561

Oh girls last night was rough! We had a party and I drank like a fish! I dont know what the heck got into me I hardly ever drink anyways I did OK avoiding the bad food no sugar, but darn! We were out til 2:30 I am hung over feel like crap! So went to the gym, OMG totally disappointed! It was a huge 3 story building now it is one floor and they have 2 off site properties one for spin classes and another entire building up the road for yoga, I am so mad! It is cheaper than before $40/month, but now I am like WTH? So I didnt sign up yet, I might go back and see if they have a 2 weeks pass and try it out!NOw I cancelled at the old gym, I am so torn, it is close, but now I didnt like that it was so small! I need to go at 5:15 am and see how many people are there and make sure it is not too crowded that I cant get on machines and so forth.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:55 AM   #562

So I knew Saturday night drinking was not going to be knid on the scale I am up 2 but might weigh tomorrow and see if I am down any.

But rather than focus on how bad it was to drink, I just got back on it right away yesterday! I drank a ton of water!

B- greek yogurt
L- Rotisserie Chicken, hardboiled egg, celery sticks
D- a big juicy steak and snap peas

Went to yoga class last night, I love that class, I wish she had it everyday I decided to find some yoga shows on the DVR so hopefully they will record and I can do that at night, Tony was like man my shoulders were shaking and he fell asleep at the end again and was snoring so loudly!!! LOL It was a lot of shoulder work yesterday!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #563

So yesterday was stressful tony was sick in the night on Sunday said he wasnt going to work which is odd, I came home at lunch and he looked terrible belly hurt, back hurt, I told him he must go to urgent care, dr sent him to ER for kidney stone, man it must be painful I never saw him in so much pain, so we sat in ER until 8:30 and he got home and it passed! I guess the road from kidney to bladder is what is so painful for men. SO he got doped up, and now he is fine, just tired from the pain meds they finally gave him. So my dinner last night was 2 graham crackers with peanut butter that a nurse gave me. I eat at 11:30 and was starving by 7:00 so I made due.

I am still up 2 pounds I am guessing from my binge of liquor! But still down 6 for 3 weeks so I will take it, starting to feel stress it is not coming off too easy but at least it is going down and not up!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

OMG ouch! I'm so glad Tony is feeling better!

just keep going and you'll be fine. trying myself not to let the scale bum me out too much.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Quote:
OMG

Just had to add my own LOL to this.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Poor Tony! Glad he is feeling better! XXOO
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 AM   #567

Girls I was MIA, too much going on! Too much partaking of alcohol this weekend, the food wasnt so bad but the drinking was so back at it this week. The week started with the ER visit, and then Tony got a job offer and is taking it, it is only 10-15 minutes from our house, more money, I am really excited. Robert is in Myrtle Beach with his Dad this Easter and it is pouring, that is a bummer!

So back at it, plenty of exercise this weekend working in the yard I am so sore!!!! I dug out these huge bushes to make way for flowers, I need to hit up a truck selling easter flowers and get a few flats of daffodils and tulips to come up next year, hard to believe the lady was a Mom that lived here and didn't have any daffodils or tulips.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Hiya, April!

I hope you had a great Easter with your family, and I'm glad Tony is feeling better-- that's awesome about his promotion! Congrats to you guys!

Yes. New week, Easter detox! I learned Jelly Belly jellybeans are still a weakness. Thankfully, I only jones over the popcorn flavor, and there were only a couple of those to be found. Still, very russian roulette of me. Why do we do this stuff? My stomach sure had a lot to say to me afterwards! Not sure if they were happy or protest gurgles =P
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daffodils and tulips are wonderful! I have Irises and Paper Whites. Did some planting myself last week and put in some Hostas in the shade garden to go with the three hydrangeas that came back from last Easter. I threw in some alyssum around the border. Pretty. I had Easter at DD's this year and I realized this morning "Hey, I didn't get any live plants for Easter this year, because I didn't host the party"! Dangit!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #570

Yesterday I went and bought some flats of daffodils and tulips and got them planted, Tony is almost finished with the firepit, thank goodness!!! So I am taking a little at a time in the yard there is a lot to do, last year we were so busy with the inside stuff, so this year outdoor time!! I love the house, we ate dinner outside last night it was perfect 70 degrees the trees are blooming now, beautiful night to work!

Working off the alcohol bloat got back at it yesterday! Strict!

B- Quest bar
L- chicken with chopped salad
D- grilled salmon and Kale salad
and tons of water!

Not weighing until Monday that will be 4 weeks, as long as I am down I will take it! Honestly 5 pounds a month lost is better than gaining!

Blonde I love iris, I had so many at my old house! My Mom has iris that are over 25 years old, so she will dig up some bulbs for me, I love paper whites too! They do not overwinter here though.