Old 03-28-2014, 03:55 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi Seabreeze!!!!

Day 5 TGIF!!!!

Got my walk in last night, that was chilly, man I am ready for winter to be over! So we have all the kids this weekend, that will be fun!!!!

Nothing really new to report! LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Happy Friday Amber!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Exercise..

Your doing great walking in the COLD!
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Enjoy the kiddos!

We have an eating weekend and also on Monday. Tuesday will be back on schedule, I hope! I'll also be a year older by then, yikes!!

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #515

Seabreeze your B-day is Monday right??? Happy Birthday in case I forget!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!!

Nothing too exciting to report!

Yesterday was a weird day of eating

B- OMM
L- avocado and PB3 those little protein snacks by Oscar meyer, there is a little ham, a little cheese and 10 almonds they are super convenient. I had egg salad but I thought it was nasty so I couldn't eat it! Yuck like I get enough of eggs that the site of them makes me want to just yak!
D- so mom was coming and wanted to take us out to Olive Garden, and I said Mom I cannot go, it is too tempting so we settled on applebees, and I got the steak, a salad, and a mushroom cap stuffed with cheese and artichoke, that was tasty! I managed a meal out without cheating!

I didnt exercise last night! I did get all my diet books together and I am trying to find new recipes anything to keep me going! I am feeling pretty good now! Going try to make fat bombs, I never made them before but I had Tony get me a candy mold, I think more fat is good!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for the birthday greetings for Monday. It will be a nice weekend with lots of fun things planned.

Have you followed Not your average Weightress by Greenygreen? She has been doing low carb very successfully. She also posts some great recipes. You might enjoy her journal.

Glad you got to go to a restaurant that you can keep on track with. That really helps!

Will you get to yoga this weekend? I know you really enjoy that.

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #517

Thanks Seabreeze I commented on her thread so now I can check in!!! Yes yoga tonight, it was a busy weekend with both kids, today Robert and I are going to take Nan to lunch taking a day each weekend is sort of taxing but I have to see Nan at least once a week, so we are going to go early and take her to lunch then I have to get home and have dinner ready for Tony to take Autumn home and then yoga at 6:30 I am really looking forward to that!!!!

No exercise other than a ton of errands it was raining like crazy yesterday! We are still working on the rock room, and the end is in sight for labeling and sorting rocks, OMG! What a giant pain! We watched Grown Ups 2 last night that was hysterical, so that was nice, although it seemed to have too much adult subject matter for the kids, but half the stuff they dont get!

B- bacon and 2 eggs
L- Salad with turkey ham and cheese
D- duck breast over arugula, the kids never had duck so Tony got a small breast and made it for them they liked it! Then our fancy salad was followed by buffalo chicken in the crock pot, I just put in 4 big frozen breasts a bottle of 0 carb wing sauce and a packet of dry ranch dressing mix, let it go, then in the last 20 minutes I melt a small block of cream cheese, everyone loves it they eat it on giant rolls, I just like it on my plate it is so good and always left overs.

I pulled out all my low carb cookbooks, and thought I will make some different things this week, so I got a pork shoulder and now I cant find the thing I was going to make, LOL I might just do the pork in the crock pit with peppercini I love that!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 AM   #518

Mon- (--5 exactly to the tenth) I will take -5 wish it were 10 but I was super strict, got in 5 days of exercise, so not going to complain!

So yesterday what did I have

B- 2 eggs
L-took Nan out for Italian! But I was good, got chicken marsala and salad, no bread no pasta,
D- ughgh my pork in the crock pot was nasty! I used way too much orange extract the pork tasted like a cleaning product, man did I ruin that, but everyone ate it with BBQ sauce I just toughed it out, and spinach salad!

Then the most delish fat bombs, how have I done low carb all these years and never make them! So I had to sample 2 of them last night!

Went to yoga last night, I really love that, I wish it was more than once a week! I think when the new gym opens they have classes, but anyone who says yoga isnt a workout, is crazy, 10 sun salutations I was heaving and sweating! I told her no more child pose ot cloud pose, I am going to suffocate on my own boobs, LOL
Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 AM   #519

Monday
b- 2 hard boiled eggs and fat bomb
L- chicken on salad
D- leftover buffalo chicken and celery
S- 2 fat bombs,

OMG those fat bombs are totally doing it for me! They take away any cravings for sweet and leave you actually satisifed!

So I love and I hate eggs I crave them and then I get so sick of them, so last night I made a batch of low carb breakfast balls, 1 pound beef, one pound of hot sausage, 2 eggs, 8 ounces cheddar, and dried onion. Baked about 36 of them, they said a serving is 4 balls, they are pretty good!!!!! I put them in their own containers and now a quick breakfast!

Walked last night, Tony went with me so that was good!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
LMAO @ suffocating on your own boobs!!!

WTG on making great choices while eating out...that's awesome, Amber!

You're doing well w/ the exercise also. I want to commit to at least walking 5x's a week...I gotta stay in the habit b/c it does make a difference in how I feel.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Amber you are doing so great!!! Stick with it!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #522

Those breakfast balls were super!!! They kept me really full but I was burping onion! Not so good first thing in the morning! It actually was pleasant tonight so we did a 3 mile walk! Jayce I am getting my exercise back, last week I did 5 days so I will be happy with that, 2 more weeks until the gym near me opens, then I will be going there, I like walkign with Tony at night in our development so maybe will work out in the morning and walk with him at night!

B- 4-breakfast balls
L= chicken on chop salad forgot my avocado,
D- 2 bratwurst and saurkraut and spinach salad
S- 2 fat bombs tonight

Going to make some low carb beef stroganoff in the crockpot tomorrow we will see how that is! Going to make mashed cauliflower to go with it. I get sick of salad for lunch and dinner so I got some frozen veggies to mix it up
Old 04-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Have you ever tried putting stuff like lc beef stroganoff over dreamfields pasta? It doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me! Never makes me crave more, and as long as I measure out the portion, it fills me up perfectly! Sometimes I even make just the pasta and put butter and salt and pepper on it and have it as a quick lunch. There are days I just crave pasta.

As far as going out to restaurants goes, girl...I work in an Italian restaurant, and I understand your pains. I have learned to completely manipulate our menu at work You like chicken marsala? Ask them to give you asparagus, sauteed spinach, or broccoli in place of the pasta. The sauce with the veggies gives it a whole new meaning. And guess what? Everyone is gonna be jealous of your plate Right now, I often order our Italian sausage and potatoes, sans the potatoes, subbing in roasted peppers and drizzle alfredo sauce on top. Talk about indulgent and delish!!! I don't work at Olive Garden, but I know that restaurants will go the extra mile to help you out. They want your business lol.

You are so much better than me on exercise. I haven't even begun to exercise yet. Although I did just buy some dvds for "The firm". I'm excited to start it. I had to wait until I lost some weight though. I had really bad knees and it hurt too bad to exercise. My doctor told me for every pound I lost, 4 lbs of pressure would be relieved off of my knees. And, I believe it. I no longer hurt

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Oh! Somewhere in my journal...there are some "reese cup fat bombs" that I made. DELISH>
Old 04-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #525

Green!
Oh hun I dont know how you do it working in a Italian restaurant!! It was funny the young waitress I said I am trying to not eat carbs so no pasta, and she was like everyday I try to not eat carbs and then I come to work! LOL She was a skinny little thing anyways~

I was the workout queen, when I lost the bulk of my weight, I was at the gym everyday, I did couch to 5 K and ran a race, ran a mud run then for like the last 18 months have been a lazy fat slug and gained so much weight back so I am doing this again! It is so hard!!! I worked and worked to have my stomach skin hacked and that surgery was the worst, 2 years later I have constant pain and numbness so it was the surgery, then I lost my job and it was a downward spiral since! But I think I finally got my head out of my butt and ready to get this back!!!!It is so much harder 2nd time around, so I am telling you do not blow it!!!! Stick to it, and catch yourself when you start to slide!!! I have to recognize I am always going to have a weight problem that gets me really huge fast, so no matter how much weight I lost I need to be vigilant forever!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

It was tough But, I am immune now lol. It has taught me that no matter where my environment is, I can adapt it to what I need. It isn't so hard for me to pass on the bread bowl at restaurants anymore. It's always the skinny little ones that try to give dieting advice to the big girls. They probably have never had to really LOSE weight before. I could teach them a thing or two about healthy eating, yet I am overweight lol. But, I do have to say, I am on my way to getting skinny, so I might be that girl at the restaurant one day lol.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Your doing so good...

With your food and exercise.
Yes I remember how much you use
to exercise. So much.

Are you still in pain from the surgery?
Remember you had to be drained so often.
I'm sorry if your still in pain.

I keep reading your journal and hope It
can get me in the mood for the exercise I need to do.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #528

Yes I have pain and I am totally numb in my lower stomach to the top of my thighs, also my private area which is probably why I have no interest in sex at all! My husband loves that! LOL

But the walking is good I am ready for the new gym to open it is one of those things you have to start doing it and make it a habit so for now the walking is a good thing but I am ready to start lifting again that makes the biggest difference, I have 2 friends I am taking to yoga on Sunday!!!

So the LC stroganoff was good,

2 pounds of beef cubes
8 ounces canned mushrooms
beef broth
onion
garlic
paprika
Then when I got home I put a block of cream cheese in and I ate a serving of Dreamfields, man that was sooo good but I measured exactly 1/2 c so not too much the boys liked it too!

Chugging water, walk done we went really far down to the stream where Tony wants to trout fish, it was so funny I passed a neighbor and then we split up and on the way home the neighbor was like where is Tony? I said I whacked him dont tell, LOL He just looked at me and I kept walking,LOL

Thursday- I love Thursdays it gets us closer to the weekend!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

sorry about your numbness... oh and don't even get me started about my sex life we need some major help in that department. working, school, housework, kids etc... makes it so hard to be like it used to be. and after 8 years together... anyway its funny to me you say you like Thursday, I've always resented Thursday for being such a tease. We're super close to Friday yet its not Friday yet! HAHA
Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Sex? What is sex? I'm not numb but I feel like I am. I haven't even attempted to go on a date or talk to anyone in YEARS> I just chug away at work, house and my kids. I don't even know if I CAN date anymore.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #531

Yeah men seem to always be ready it is like all I want to do is lay down and go to sleep, like I tell Tony I like knowing he is there! LOL It is a shame I think its work, kids, hormones, it is really the last thing on the to do list!

We walked tonight in the rain but we did it, I was super proud of myself!!!!

We hsve a big party tomorrow night, I am already thinking I am not going to eat crap and ruin all this hard work, I might not even have a vodka, Friday nights I am done, done! So I am just hoping I can stay awake it starts at my bedtime, 7:30 LOL
Old 04-04-2014, 01:07 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Sorry..

Really sorry you still have pain and numbness too.
Sorry for Tony too. Poor Guy!

Use to go to a gym.. then lots of family problems,
still problems but ready to go again..now it's closed.

Your doing great in walking and everything.

Have fun at your party. Yes remember your doing
so good. You don't want to mess it up.
(might make you want to keep eating)

Have a good weekend.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:18 AM   #533

Oh I know one bite of something it will be all over, so I am going to eat my regular dinner, and I am taking celery and chicken dip so I can eat that, and if I drink one vodka in diet coke and that is it! I will be ticked if I ruin it after all this exercise and being careful!

I think the fat bombs are the best thing ever, when I feel picky or hungry they really satisfy I dont know if it is the film it leaves in your mouth but it really makes you not want to eat more! We will see Monday if the scale was kind!!!!

Yesterday- B- breakfast balls loving them, 30 sec breakfast!
L- leftover buffalo chicken
D- burger on lettuce w/ mayo
2 fat bombs
I did have an ounce of macademia nuts as well I was hungry last night those are a good fatty nut and you really cant eats pounds of them, a little bit goes a long way!

I dont we wont have time to walk tonight, tomorrow I can walk at the baseball field, while Robert has practice then my nephews b-day party I must stay away from the cake!

So I will have 6 days of exercise in it is good I am getting back in the groove with that, I feel much better this week too with this WOE, I feel mentally more clear and I am really sleeping well I always sleep well but it seems like I enjoy my sleep more!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

It just takes time and commitment and you'll get yourself into the habit! you're doing wonderfully!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #535

So had the party last night I did pretty well, my friend made jello sugar free pudding shots, so I had 3 of those and drank water, some carbs I am sure from the whipped vodka but not too bad, had 3-vodka soaked strawberrys and chicken dip with cauliflower passed a lot of carby crap so didnt feel like I blew it, as Tony said it wasn't my usual maniacal carb frenzy! LOL

Another b-day party today for my nephew, so going to eat now so I dont blow it!

Fri-
B- breakfast balls
L- cheeseburger on salad
D- cheeseburger on salad

and as you see above! LOL

Going to try to keep it lighter today so I dont ruin any loss, and especially after last night!

B- 2 eggs and bacon
L- cheese and macadamia nuts
D- going to be fish and green beans, it is so cold and windy Tony didnt go trout fishing so having hake
Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You're doing great! Can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes Monday.

Enjoy the party, you got this!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Amber Girl! Just catching up on some journal reading, sounds like you are doing really well! I'm on a DD and reading about your delicious low carb goodies is making me hungry....

Greenygreen~ popped into your journal and read about your wonderful bath! Congrats! That is a definite non-scale victory that I aspire to, I have not been in my bathtub in 5 years...for the same reasons you listed. Looking forward to getting back in the tub!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #538
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bigmama
Stats: 309/287/?
WOE: Atkins/paleo
Start Date: March 2014
Oh girls I've so enjoyed reading this thread. It's kinda like watching a reality show lol! I'm still learning my way around and trying to meet folks. I caved today. I know I can do this though. I guess none of our DH are getting lucky lol! Ugh I just don't feel cute. I do have a question. How do you guys feel about Atkins Bars? Their so good and help me with cravings. Well, except today when a friend wanted to meet at Dunkin Donuts OMG I could have said no but I didn't. I felt like I was having an affair or something. Ugh!!
Bigmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

I love Atkins bars! But, I don't buy the meal ones, only the treats. I like regular food way too much to just have a bar as a meal.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #540

I think the atkins bars are good when in a jam, but eating them everyday tends to stall me. The shakes are good. I get my Dunkin coffee twice a day and luckily the donuts never tempt me, I never liked those. You can do it!!! If I could you can!!! You think this is a reality show you should have read the other 4 journals, LOL I was going back to try to see what I ate and there was so much blabbing LOL I am a talker!!!

So I am so excited I weighed I am down 3.8 this week

week 1- 5.0
week 2- 3.8

Most importantly I can really feel it in my clothing, the stuff that is so tight is feeling much looser overall!

So I drug Tony and my cousin to yoga last night, they enjoyed it and said they will go again with me. My cousin and I went for pedicures so had a little girl time!

Yesterday Meals:
B- scrapple and eggs! Scrapple is about 6 carbs but so delicious!
L- fat bombs, 2 hard boiled eggs, breakfast balls
D- 2 boneless chicken thighs with spinach salad!

One thing I am not hungry I might have to watch the fat bombs but I think they are helping, they control hunger and make me not crave stuff! I am really surprised I am not craving anything!