LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Yes, Nan is a fighter. Sending prayers.

Ughh, enough with the snow! I've had it! Luckily, we are to miss the one that is dumping on you next. As usual, they are putting in the contingency...if it shifts direction.... Stay warm and safe Hun!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/178.5/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Hope all is well with you. And that the big snow doesn't materialize! It is minus 8 here now. Ack!
How's Nan doing? Prayers for her! XXOO
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:01 AM   #453

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Nan is in the hospital they are going to try to now get her in a nursing home where she will end up staying, she can't be alone! Her back is so crumbled and they dont feel like a procedure is a good idea. 12-18" of snow coming here -3 this morning, I cannot believe it! I am so over it! Trying to stick to low carb! I have to go this morning to have my IUD put in and the old one removed, I hate that! Good news I am so darn old it is the last one I need, LOL I should be over menopause by the time the new one expires, I am doing 2 shots of vodka, LOL It seems to lessen the pain!

B- atkins shake
L- green beans and chicken
D- turkey taco salad

Now to not want to bake and cook tomorrow when we are stuck here, I swear when it storms I want to eat everything in sight!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #454

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
How bad did you get hit with the snow? I'm so sick of it, and we don't have it as bad as you've been getting it.

Prayers sent for Nan.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/212/??? 5/10" The real age 49
WOE: 2014 Nutritional Ketosis Experiment Begins
Start Date: LC'05,'10Paleo,'13 S.Guyenet+S.Roberts'14C.Kresser
Amber,

I'm so sorry to hear about Nan. I hope you are OK; I know you love her dearly you must be suffering.

Do you remember that lady Dawn/Fawn on LCF that posted she was vegetarian plus fish? She was amazingly tiny for having lost so much weight. I think I get it now. I noticed the more I eat vegetables (watery ones like lettuce and cucumber) the less meat, coffee, and salt I need. I know that sounds really strange. I've been blending lettuce, cucumbers, with frozen blueberries and truvia like crazy in the vitamix (add truvia at the end because it foams) and a regular blender at home. I've been having strawberries.

I'm going to eat just seafood for the meat and see if it has an effect.

I bought a stand up workstation so I can stand all day at work instead of sit. It goes up and down so I can sit for a while if I get tired.

I swear I'm going to try everything. I need to make a music mix for the weary dieter.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:42 AM   #456

Oh KT I love it a music mix for the weary dieter!!!!! The thought of standing all day makes me tired, LOL This damn snow we ended up getting 20" 12 on Thursday and 8 on Friday and of course there was a lull and the plow guy came thursday afternoon, well Fri I was calling snow plow died, called someone else, their plow died, so I said well looks like shovels for us in this huge driveway we are so sore! But it had to be done, now 3-6 tonight! Good grief! I drank I ate, it was all fun and games until I weighed myself! I finally could get to see Nan yesterday my heart is breaking, I hate seeing her suffer but I dont want her to die, it is gut wrenching I just pity her and love her so much it has been really stressful!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Sorry about your Nan, Amber. That's really, really tough and my heart goes out to both of you.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sending love and hugs to you and your Nan :hugs Take care of yourself!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
So sorry about Nan, Amber. We know how much you love her and how much she loves you. On the bright side, it looks like your eating has been really great. Good for you. I have a tendency to snack and watch too much TV when it is cold and snowy and that has been a downfall for me this winter.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 AM   #460

Oh Gail I know this winter has been just terrible, you cant do anything but sit and lay around and eat!!!! I am being good so far its been 2 days, LOL More snow yesterday now it is suppose to hit 40 today and rain, these snow piles are so huge it is so bad pulling out because you cant see around them!

I tried the new Atkins Swedish meatballs oh my they are good!!!!!! I hate eating a ton of those but in a pinch they are quick and easy better than junk! This healthclub by my house is really expensive they changed owners and are doing a huge renovation they are suppose to reopen around 3/15 I am going to join, it is twice as much as my old gym but it is so close I could walk so it would make getting there easier in the morning, my fat butt is doing nothing! Ughghg Summer is going to come and it is depressing! Nan is doing OK, I miss her being so far away so I will get in to her this weekend!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

The new health club sounds great -- love that you can walk to it! That will be wonderful when the weather gets warmer.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Being within walking distance of the gym would be awesome! Sorry it's more expensive, but I'd say its being so close would be worth it.

Hope some of that snow gets melted, chica!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

I'd love having a place so close. Plus it will be so nice with a remodel. And clean. My gym is cheap (10 bucks a month) but the locker room is icky! They re did it a few years back and it was nice for a while, but now...sheesh. People are such slobs! I really only go for classes, and I haven't even done that in forever. Must go back and do Zumba or something soon!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Amber! Really sorry to hear about your Nan. The stress must be terrible. You plod along anyway, like the rest of us. I have an enormous amount of respect for you.

Been sick myself and not coming here too often but I'm a lot better and will report in more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Amber,

I'm so sorry to hear about Nan. I hope you are OK; I know you love her dearly you must be suffering.

Do you remember that lady Dawn/Fawn on LCF that posted she was vegetarian plus fish? She was amazingly tiny for having lost so much weight. I think I get it now. I noticed the more I eat vegetables (watery ones like lettuce and cucumber) the less meat, coffee, and salt I need. I know that sounds really strange. I've been blending lettuce, cucumbers, with frozen blueberries and truvia like crazy in the vitamix (add truvia at the end because it foams) and a regular blender at home. I've been having strawberries.

I'm going to eat just seafood for the meat and see if it has an effect.

I bought a stand up workstation so I can stand all day at work instead of sit. It goes up and down so I can sit for a while if I get tired.

I swear I'm going to try everything. I need to make a music mix for the weary dieter.
This is good advice. I'm with Key Tones on this one! Some things that just don't work for me anymore are being replaced with this type of eating. Good on ya, Key Tones!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Blonde! It is good to hear an endorsement. I just bought some more salmon last night. It was expensive, but you know, I'm not eating very much of it. I will probably get two meals out of what I used to get for one serving this way.

Sorry to hear you've been sick too!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/164/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Hiya, Amber! The gym sounds great, even with the higher fees, but I am so sorry to hear about your Nan. {{{Big hugs}}} to you both! I hope the nursing home you all find for her is perfect and she does very well there. How's your sister doing? Give yourself credit that you are working on things now and not waiting UNTIL summer like I tend to do. Have you seen that funny ecard that "summer is an excellent reminder that I was supposed to get in shape before summer"? That is all me!

I have the Atkins Swedish meatballs in the freezer here at work. They look so good! Let me know how you like them. I keep one or two things here for emergencies, but I try to bring in homemade leftovers and eat that because, even after I cut them in half, the calories in the frozen stuff still seems eye-popping with my new plan. I've been eating a lot of seafood and chicken too. It just seems more dense so more filling than the processed stuff.

Glad you're doing well, and I hope you have a great visit with your Nan this weekend!

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm using my budget for a gym on a stand-up workstation. I just got it yesterday. So, the idea is that you can't really make up for sitting all day in an hour at the gym. I took this to heart; I work long hours, never get a lunch, then I commute more than an hour each way on the bus, so I calculated I am sitting 12 hours just to work and commute, plus when I go home, I tend to sit there also, unless cooking, shopping, or doing housework.

I heard from Chris Kresser during his book tour that if you can't lose weight and feel fatigued, that it might be because you are sitting all day.

How Sitting Too Much Is Making Us Sick and Fat – And What to Do About It

This article was first featured at The Huffington Post. Click here to see the original article.

There’s no question that regular exercise is essential to health. For the vast majority of our evolutionary history, we’ve had to exert ourselves — often quite strenuously — to get food, find shelter and simply survive. We naturally spent a lot of time outdoors in the sun, walking, hunting, gathering, and performing various other physically-oriented tasks. We had no concept of this as “exercise” or “working out.” It was just life.

Things are different today. Most people in modern societies spend the majority of their time indoors, sitting on their butts (like you’re probably doing right now). The typical U.S. adult is sedentary for 60 percent of their waking hours and sits for an average of six hours per day (and often much more, in the case of those who work primarily on computers). (1, 2) In fact, being sedentary is now the norm and exercise is primarily seen as an intervention – something we do to guard against the negative impacts of a sedentary lifestyle.

An Epidemic of Sedentary Behavior: The Perils of Too Much Sitting

This increase in sedentary time and decrease in physical activity has profoundly impacted our health. Too much sitting is associated with numerous problems, ranging from weight gain, to osteoporosis, to cardiovascular disease. For example, research has shown that:

•Sitting decreases the activity of an enzyme called lipoprotein lipase (LPL), which helps burn fat. (3)

•Too much sedentary time decreases bone mineral density without increasing bone formation, which raises the risk of fracture. (4)

•Excess sitting increases blood pressure and decreases the diameter of arteries, both of which make heart disease more likely. (5)

Even worse, too much sitting could shorten your life. Studies in the U.S., Canada, Australia and Asia have all found an association between increased sedentary time and the risk of early death. (6, 7, 8, 9) These associations were independent of traditional risk factors such as smoking, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, waist circumference and diet.

The “Active Couch Potato”: Why Exercise Isn’t Enough

I’m sure this isn’t news to you; most people are aware that physical activity is essential to good health. But what you may not know is that too much sitting time is harmful even if you’re getting enough exercise.

This means you could be meeting the recommended guidelines for exercise (i.e., 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity, five days a week), but still be at higher risk of disease if you sit for long periods each day. In fact, a large study involving over 100,000 U.S. adults found that those who sat for more than six hours a day had up to a 40 percent greater risk of death over the next 15 years than those who sat for less than three hours a day. (10) Most importantly, this effect occurred regardless of whether the participants exercised. Some research even suggests that people who exercise intensely (like marathon runners) are more likely to be sedentary when they’re not exercising. (11) They may assume that their training regimen protects them from the harmful effects of too much sitting when they’re not exercising. It doesn’t.

In industrialized societies, this “active couch potato” phenomenon has become the norm rather than the exception. If you work in an office, commute by car and watch a few hours of TV each night, it’s not hard to see how you could spend the vast majority of your waking life (up to 15 hours!) sitting on your butt. This is far outside of evolutionary norms for humans, and has serious consequences for our health.

Move Like Your Ancestors: Become an “Organic Mover”

We’ve established that 1) too much sitting is harmful, and 2) exercise alone isn’t enough to reverse the harmful effects of too much sitting. It follows, then, that for optimal health we should reduce sitting timeand increase “non-exercise” physical activity. The best way to achieve this is by embracing what I call “organic movement”: incorporating physical activity throughout your day in addition to performing distinct periods of exercise. This mimics the ancestral pattern of activity that humans are biologically and genetically adapted to.

In general, I recommend standing or walking for at least 50 percent of the day, and not sitting for more than two hours at a time without taking a short standing or walking break. If you work in an occupation that involves sitting for long periods, here are a few ways to accomplish this:

•Work at a standing desk. Many employers permit this now, and more will follow once they understand the potential benefits in terms of reduced absenteeism, lower health care costs and higher productivity in their employees.

•Work at a treadmill desk. If you want to take a standing desk to the next level, and you work at home or have a progressive employer, try a treadmill desk. (I use one of these in my home office, and it has changed my life. Read this post for more info.)

•Walk or bicycle to work. This isn’t always possible, but with a little creativity it often is. If you live too far away to walk or ride exclusively, consider driving part of the way and walking or cycling for the remainder.

•Take a standing or walking break. Stand up for at least two minutes every hour. If possible, take a brief walk or do some light stretching. Even short breaks like this can make a big difference. If you have trouble remembering to do this, try setting an alarm on your phone each time you sit down again, or use an app like Time Out (Mac) or Workrave (Windows).

•Stand up at meetings. If you’re worried about what your colleagues might think, just tell them you have a bad back!

•Sit more actively. Sitting inactively in a chair isn’t the only way to sit. Consider sitting on a yoga ball for periods of time instead of a chair, or place an “active sitting disc” on your chair and sit on that. Both of these options will force you to make small postural adjustments while you’re sitting, which mitigates some of the harmful effects of being sedentary. These micro-movements can add up to a significant expenditure of calories throughout the day.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #468

I did try sitting on a ball at my old job but got sick of it, indeed sitting at a desk sucks!!! Tony is having neck problems from always being bent over at his desk because he is so tall! I need to get back to yoga I have lost so much flexibility I can feel it! I just feel bad from not exercising! this place has lots of different classes 3 kinds of yoga, the Les Mills body pump, different spin classes they have massage, nutrition person on staff, so I am going to bite the bullet and do it I am ready now I just wish they would open! I think the close proximity is a real plus! It is a really fancy place it was like $60/month before but I think the new owner is going to lower the rates so it might be like $40-$50 my gym is $20 but since I am pissing that away not going might as well go here! I think spending more will make me go too, or else Tony will be dropping me off!

So yesterday the office of aging met with Nan and my aunt and they are going to move her to a home the place she was after her accident has no beds available so the place available is nice but further for my aunt and Mom but closer for me and my cousin it is still almost an hour drive for me so my weekends will spent going to see her, but that is OK she knows how far it is, now that she has been through it she knows she cannot be alone and is OK with it. Her mind is really going though which is sad to watch but I am looking forward to seeing her tomorrow it might be in the new place they are debating if they are going to move her tomorrow!

I lost nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH??????????????????????Yesterday I was down 3 I had salmon and asparagus for dinner and I am up 3? Right back to where I was on Monday good grief so frustrating!!!!! I have been chugging water like crazy!

It warmed up to 50 here so we are hoping some of this damn snow melts! The stupid mailman has not delivered our mail in 10 days since the neighbor was parked in front of our box and the snow plow couldn't clear a space it is a solid ice block to try to dig it out!

Alisa the meatballs are awesome!!!!! I hope you are doing well! My sister has lost 30 pounds she is still fat and ugly, but I cant stand her LOL!!! I can tell she lost weight she went to the ER with stomach pains but they said it is her Chrons disease so going for tests in a few weeks and then they will decide what to do with her!! She is such a whiner! I bet you are looking good!! And beautiful as ever!!!!

Maybe I need to stick to more Dukan like diet, less fat and more turkey and chicken and fish? Maybe next week I try that, my paycheck was so bad with being sick and then the snow days which I didn't get paid for Tony is like you better watch the spending! I hate when I get that lecture! So going to have to work this week with what I have around!

Hoping the tax return is good this year with the new house and all, we need to save more but it seems like there is always something, at least now my boss is matching my 401K, I am putting a lot in that, since I am getting old!! LOL
Old 02-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber,

Wow, that facility sounds awesome! There is a cool one down the road from me but they want $60 just to use their low end facility and not let me get to the cool stuff like the pool and racketball and such. They are crazy.

I used to think people were off when they talked about coconut on the board, but I think they are right now. I bought a carton of unsweetened coconut milk and took that to work. I put instant coffee (I know, the horror), and not long after, I got the strong metal mouth ketosis thing (after no breakfast). It was cool. I wasn't hungry, and when I finally was, I had an afternoon smoothie of fresh spinach, just a small handful of blueberries, and two raw egg yolks (toss the whites). I had metal-mouth ketosis all day. I plan to have only fish or shrimp or other seafood now for dinner with another smoothie minus egg yolks. I'm clipping back on cruciferous veg and moving to greens in the smoothies.

I'm trying to cook without browning the fish. I think oxidation does interfere with appetite suppression due to inflammation. Taking fermented cod liver oil to kill inflammation too. I'm going to do more reading about an anti-inflammatory diet because I now know inflammation interferes with the hypothalamus in the brain detecting leptin (fat stores) which controls appetite. I think a little more tweaking and I'll be there.

I think you are also right, reducing the fat is key, something that is missed on LC, even NK Volek knocks it down for weight loss. And using fat strategically when you do have it too (like the coconut oil in coffee thing for ketosis and knock out appetite). I'm using MCT oil (made from coconut oil), and it puts me in ketosis right away and helps me sleep (I don't wake up anymore with heart pounding). I am so done with butter, except for occasional use. I'll get my vitamins from fish oil instead. I think the butter does something with hormone signaling. I'm sure of it, actually. When I switched from getting my fat from butter and avocado and dairy and almond milk, to MCT oil (coconut oil) and coconut milk, something magical happened. Well, you just plain get less fat with no avocado or cheese, but I am swearing by coconut now.

I could go on and on...I think when we get to this level of weight loss we have to do dozens of things to synergistically get it to work.

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-21-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Hi Amber & Friends - Your thread has been busy. New gym sounds awesome and about Nan. Hoping the new place she is moving to is nice. Holy snow everywhere. This winter has been crazy.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #471

KT I think you are right about coconut oil and I heard good thing about that MCT oil, I think dairy is an issue with me too, too much cream, greek yogurt, etc. I should cut back on that, but I love it! Dukan was pretty easy and I could drink skim milk, and fat free yogurt. That is pretty much low carb but also low fat! man getting old messing with our bodies it is just hard!

Well everything above with Nan changed in an hour, they had a bed at this place near hte hospitsl and they said they were moving her there last night, so I went in forst thing this morning, and my first thought was OMG, 3 in a room lined up, bathroom for 6 people, and the first thing Nan says is she was terrified, my heart was breaking I was a wreck, but I said Nan we are going to get things sorted out, so I talked to everyone, and I mean everyone, all put on notice and things started improving so when I left she was going to go and bake cupcakes with the activity director! Ugh I am praying it is so hard, I am so stressed! And Nan says all these people are old, LOL She is 92 and older then most of them but even with all she has been through she doesnt look it, or act it! So it was a hard day for me, I am glad for a party at one of Tony's friends tonight.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Oh Amber...I know it's so hard. We are praying for Nan. Glad you went and made yourself known among the staff. It makes a huge difference when the family gets involved. Your Nan will get used to things and start participating in activities and things will get better. Glad you had a party to take your mind off things! XXOO
Old 02-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, thinking of you and Nan, praying for a good outcome. Did you have fun at the party last night? I hope so!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber You're a wonderful granddaughter...you'll get them straightened out in no time. Your Nan is so lucky to have you!!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 AM   #475

OK girls new Monday new week to try to keep the trap shut and stay on plan!!!!! I tried to chill yesterday and relax my mind!!! Cleaned up the house laundry but felt much more at ease! Tried to cut veggies and prep for the week, so I am not tempted to eat crap!!!!!

I am going to try making eggs with CO in the morning and then a shake later in the afternoon since I eat lunch at 11:30 then from 12:30-6 seems long and I get hungry.

Will see how it goes, the party junk caught up to me and it wasn't pretty on the scale this morning!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Don't worry -- you will be rid of the party weight in no time. Stay positive!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OK girls new Monday new week to try to keep the trap shut and stay on plan!!!!! I tried to chill yesterday and relax my mind!!! Cleaned up the house laundry but felt much more at ease! Tried to cut veggies and prep for the week, so I am not tempted to eat crap!!!!!

I am going to try making eggs with CO in the morning and then a shake later in the afternoon since I eat lunch at 11:30 then from 12:30-6 seems long and I get hungry.

Will see how it goes, the party junk caught up to me and it wasn't pretty on the scale this morning!
Sounds like a great plan!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good you, Amber! Vegetables are extremely important!!!

Oh my gosh, my weight loss has suddenly picked up - I lost 6 pounds in the last two weeks!!! I am sure it is the MCT oil, mostly - I take 4 tablespoons per day (2Tx2). I upped my dose. The other changes: stand up work station and switching to wild-caught salmon (no other meat except shrimp or other shellfish) and unsweetened coconut milk. I am still doing my green fat-free smoothies (leafy greens plus a small handful of berries plus resistant starch plus gelatin for anti-inflammatoy effect).

You really got to try this, it is like magic. I forget to eat all the time because I just am not hungry at all. I allow one chocoperfection bar (the small) per day, if I remember it, LOL.

212 this morning! I was 224 in Jan (ugh).

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-24-2014 at 08:58 AM..
Old 02-26-2014, 04:14 AM   #479

Kt that is awesome!!! I am doing low carb for now, but eating not so much fat, 2 days down, no cheating, LOL Nan is loving her new place I am so glad!!!!!!! That makes me feel so much better! More snow, ughghg! tony is leaving for West Palm Beach for work, *******! I wish I was going! LOL
Been eating eggs in the morning with coconut oil that does curb hunger, still need a good afternoon snack I dont want to do almonds and get hooked on them!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Kt that is awesome!!! I am doing low carb for now, but eating not so much fat, 2 days down, no cheating, LOL Nan is loving her new place I am so glad!!!!!!! That makes me feel so much better! More snow, ughghg! tony is leaving for West Palm Beach for work, *******! I wish I was going! LOL
Been eating eggs in the morning with coconut oil that does curb hunger, still need a good afternoon snack I dont want to do almonds and get hooked on them!
Thanks.

The only thing portable I even have anymore are the Kale Krunch kale chips. They are good, but they are expensive! Cheezy flavor - yum! Really, they are nuts too - a lot of it is made from cashews.

Coconut milk is really great for the afternoons, too, if you like it.

Last edited by Key Tones; 02-26-2014 at 05:15 PM..