Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I have to say I felt a whole lot better with a bra that fit right! LOL So my debate is what level of carbs I am thinking around 50-70 is where I was losing as long as I was working out a lot, so that is going to be my plan! My cousin who had her heart problem needs to do something, so there is a yoga place near her, it is a good drive for me but I think if we did that together on the weekends it would be good for us, so she is looking into that, I am debating staying at my gym or joining another that is a few more minutes closer to me, those minutes count at 5 am, so debating that.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Sounds like a great plan to me, Amber! I love and miss yoga, so plan to start up again next week too =) Having your cousin to go with will make it so much better. As for the gym, a fresh start can't hurt! And more convenient is always better.
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259/200 next weigh 8/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Wow...what an incredible transformation! You are an inspiration! Best wishes for a great new year!
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:27 AM   #334

Well girls I said I would be back my plan is to lose 40 in 14! Good grief its terrible I have that much to lose again, but at least I didnt pile 150 back on, so here we go! I cleaned out the entire house yesterday of all carbage and made bins for Tony and Robert to keep their treats in, I am really good if I dont see it, mainly because I am too lazy to look for it
I cut up the rest of the turkey and made a big old bowl of turkey salad, I am going to make eggs for breakfast, I am going to give up dunkin coffee wince I am not exactly sure what their creamer is. Going to work out at home, DVD's and walking/jogging for now, in March I am going to join the new gym that is being refurbished that is only 2 blocks from us. Going to drink more water especially at home on weekends and at night. So far that is all I know! Its been 1 hour, so far so good!!! LOL

I am counting on my girlies to keep me going here!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Sounds like good, solid steps for your plan in 2014! We're all here to support ya.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds good, mama!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Is there a daily "Credit" list you could make up to give yourself credit each day.

Water:
Exercise:
On Plan:
One good choice that you made to stay on plan:
Sharing credits to pick up momentum. I just watched a life coach on the Today show and she shared that you need to go public to be accountable……
Just my 2 cents…..

Cleaned frig out yesterday. Making a final birthday dinner for my Husband tonight. Typing up a new grocery list that I plan to use for 12 weeks. Yay for motivation and trying to change one step at a time!!
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Well girls I said I would be back my plan is to lose 40 in 14! Good grief its terrible I have that much to lose again, but at least I didnt pile 150 back on, so here we go! I cleaned out the entire house yesterday of all carbage and made bins for Tony and Robert to keep their treats in, I am really good if I dont see it, mainly because I am too lazy to look for it
I cut up the rest of the turkey and made a big old bowl of turkey salad, I am going to make eggs for breakfast, I am going to give up dunkin coffee wince I am not exactly sure what their creamer is. Going to work out at home, DVD's and walking/jogging for now, in March I am going to join the new gym that is being refurbished that is only 2 blocks from us. Going to drink more water especially at home on weekends and at night. So far that is all I know! Its been 1 hour, so far so good!!! LOL

Great observations Amber! INHO, I think yes, go to the closer gym. Minutes make a difference when added up over the year. You have a great plan in place. 40lbs is totally doable, kinda what I'm shooting for as well. Good luck Honey, we'll be hanging with you!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Hey there--- you've done it before, you know how it works...You CAN do it again! Great plan :-)

Love the idea of putting the boys treats in bins. I think I need to do something like that for my DH and kids, that gosh d@#m snack counter is really hard to walk by!

You could buy dunkin's coffee already ground and make it yourself at home to-go....

Happy New Year, seems like you're off to a great start!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Happy New Year Amber! Wishing you much happiness and success in the year ahead!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #341

Yeah I make DD coffee at home but it is never quite the same as there! I suspect their creamer is not half and and half! I did find that coffee mate Italian Sweet Cream in sugar free that is pretty good, and less calories than half and half. I decided to give up my 24 ounces of coffee in the afternoon, LOL

So I made it so far today!
I had
B- 2 eggs, 3 mini sausage links
L- turkey salad with celery and onion and mayo
S- protein shake 2 carbs 30g protein
D- leftover ham and kale salad
S- snack tonight will be Greek yogurt or another shake

no exercise so far although I might have burned a few calories on the drive home stressing!

drinking water like crazy!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #342

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post

Good plan. Goals. Make it happen, woman!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #343

Hey T Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Well I survived one day!!! I didnt make a shake last night after dinner and I woke up starving, so tonight if I am truly hungry I am going to make a shake before bed.

Since we have a snow day I am off with the boys and got up and made eggs and bacon so breakfast down, I have my gigantic bottle of water ready to slurp all day! Going to do some kind of exercise today in addition to what looks like a lot of shoveling!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

You are off to a great start, Amber! So happy for you!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hey Amber!!!! Happy New Year, long time no talk to!!!
Well, heck, I fell off the wagon too so don't feel bad! Hubbie too. Easy-peezy to put the pounds back on when taking eye off the ball! (and the scale too, sheesh).

Anyway, best to put the past behind and today is NOW. New year, new start and all that. Plan the food and follow the plan.....we can do this! I just know it!
Hugs,
Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Shoveling is pretty good exercise!! Oh man the coffee thing, I had a HARD time trying to make mine with as few carbs as possible (but still taste GOOD!). I eventually found vanilla sugar free cream that is 1g per serving, I use about 2 servings, then I top it off with another 2 spoons of 1/2 & 1/2. OVerall I think it's about 3gr. per cup and yeah I had to drop to only one cup a day.....but it was worth it! It's ALL i need now, completely weaned of needing more coffee throughout the day. After a while you don't even miss it.

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life

Last edited by Sicca; 01-03-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Happy new year, Amber! And yay for snow days! I'm having a work from home one here. Hopefully shoveling will be MUCH later here. I'm so sore from the gym!!

I recently tried Click decaf mocha protein powder. It's really good because it has a regular (not decaf) coffee flavor. With a little SF Torani's Belgian cookie syrup, it's better than Starbucks.

Sounds like you're full-throttle back on track. That's great!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
40 in 14 sounds pretty darn good to me!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 AM   #349

Nancy!
I was thinking about you!!! Glad to see you are back, sorry about the pounds piling on, this WOE is unforgiving for sure! Once you slide it is major slide, but it can come back off!

So I survived yesterday watching Tony and Robert eat all day! LOL

I made bacon and eggs, then at lunch I finished the turkey salad so I had chicken thighs for dinner I was going to roast and when I opened them they were really funky smelling so Robert wanted Pizza, so I got naked chicken wings with garlic and they were so good the pizza didn't even tempt me. The thing I am working on most is my head just telling myself Amber you know what you have to do and think about how you felt stepping back into lane giant to get gigantic bras to fit your heaving bosom, LOL The low carb hit me yesterday I had a headache and was so tired, but I did manage to get all the Christmas stuff put away man that is work! The house looks so empty!

It is -2 here, ughghg I hate winter I am so sick of it! Vegas cannot come soon enough!

Making Costco run in this freezing cold and looking forward to big Eagles game tonight!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning =) You're doing great!

OMG an upcoming vegas sounds fabulous (for motivation too)! I want to go there someday!!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

-2!!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start so far!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #352

So we went to Costco and loaded up proud of myself for not eating all the samples there like I usually do! We ended up getting a hotdog after and I threw away the bun! Got lots of chicken and fish and beef to stock up, it was a big Costco day, Tony was like holy crap this is why I don't bring you! LOL Still suffering depression from the Eagles losing last night, good grief that game was depressing! And now I am sick, stuffy sore throat I guess what everyone had is finally hitting me when I go back to work, but I don't care as long as it is out of me by Vegas!!!!

Yesterday menu:
B- 2 eggs/ 2 slices bacon
L- Costco hotdog which is huge/sans bun
D- Hake (fish) baked in the oven and a tossed salad
S- during Eagles game, sharp provolone hot pepper and some sopressetta

Really hard listening to the boys crunch away but trying not to think about it, Tony made toast this morning and I swear I was a like a drug addict it smelled so good!!!!!

I found greek yogurt with fruit that is only 9 carbs, after working out I think that might be OK to eat, I am growing tired of eggs but end up with eggs or shake for breakfast.

Making artichoke chicken for this week, you cut up chicken breasts and mix mayo and Parmesan cheese and spread over the chicken and top with artichoke hearts it was delish my cousin made that and I was surprised how good it was, I cant use the canned parm so I got fresh hopefully it will turn out well. Tony is making pasta so I got zucchini to noodle to go with whatever he is making.

So remember Jorge Cruise the belly fat diet guy he had a book out for women over 40, I got it yesterday basically about balancing hormones, so I am going to read up on that, it looks like calorie and carb cycling. Will let you know what I think. I need something balanced I am so out of whack! So although I feel like crap I am dragging my fat butt to the gym today!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, you are doing great! So glad you have Vegas as a powerful motivator. That artichoke chicken dish sounds fabulous -- I am going to have to make it! Wishing you a peaceful yet productive Sunday! xo!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Amber, your plan sounds good! I know, it kills me to smell toast and stuff...it's so addicting. I'm kicking gluten to the curb again, it's easier to not eat it at all than try and limit myself. I had a 'pizza' fail on Friday, though. Dang it.

I love Jorge Cruise and I bought his new Happy Hormones, Slim Belly book at Costco last week!! I like it and I'm working my way toward following the plan. I've been mostly focusing on getting the heaviest carbs and of course sugar ...out of my diet.

Great job on the Costco run, it's so important to be prepared with the right foods.

Hang in there!!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #355

I read his book today makes a lot of sense, I am going to stick to this VLC until Vegas and try my best to stay lc in vegas, and then if things are not happening on low carb like usual, I might try his plan! It makes a lot of sense!

I posted this on another thread here is what I am cooking today!

Sunday cooking and prep! I just had an Italian Hoagie Salad, I chop romaine and onion, then I mix slice up meats, soppreseta, salami, pepperoni, and some provolone then I mix up mayo and hot Italian hoagie spread which is basically a mix of hot peppers, like a dressing, so good, it totally kills the craving for a hoagie. Then artichoke chicken, I cut up chicken breast and mix 1/2 cup mayo and maybe 1/2 cup of parm and spread it over the chicken, then top with quartered artichoke hearts and bake until bubbly at 450 maybe 30-40 minutes. Last Italian pizza bake, I was never a fan of the cauliflower crusts so I just take hot bulk sausage, and sautee that in a pan, then I add 4 ounces of SF tomato sauce and transfer to a casserole and top with mozzarella and parm, I swear it tastes like the topping off a pizza, it should make 4 meals but I end up eating it as soon as it comes out! I am not good at writing things down but will try to pay attention to quantities to share recipes, I always find trying something new at least once a week helps to keep you on track and stay motivated
Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 AM   #356

So yesterdays meals

B- 2 eggs/2 slices of bacon
L- Italian hoagie salad see above
D- Tony's prosciutto/mushroom over zucchini
No snacking and I drank all my water got all ready to go to the gym and then the ice storm came, man it was terrible, now this morning it is 54 and pouring I have the worst head cold!!!!!! I am so congested and my head feels like it weighs 50 pounds! Oh well gotta get moving!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Stay safe out there and feel better!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
That artichoke chicken sounds delicious! I wrote down the recipe b/c I want to try it this week. Yum!!!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you feel better soon, Amber. This weather has been crazy, lately!

The hoagie salad sounds really good! I need to make that for my husband's lunch-- he's trying to do very low carb right now. Your menu looks great.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #360

Ughg girls I am so sick with this head cold, I think I am going to go to the doctor today for an antibiotic, it is so cold here I dont want to go out, they ended up cancelling school today.
So yesterday it was really easy to stay on plan since I cant taste a thing, I ended up not eating much of anything!
B- atkins peanut bar
L- 2 eggs
D- artichoke chicken
that was it and tons of water and tea and coffee.

So going to go get ready and see if I can get some better meds!