Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Happy Thanksgiving girls, I had a fun night with my boys they were both great helpers, so we have 42 pounds of bird in the ovens! Getting ready for the family to come over I am so glad we can host everyone now! The realtor was in shock, he said it might be getting close to where we can have it reappraised and get rid of the PMI we are paying, so that is good that is like $200/month, but home values are pretty low here!

I wish all of you a wonderful and blessed day with your loved ones!

Alisa I will be praying for you tomorrow! Let me know how you are!!!!

Eat carbs, have fun, there is always tomorrow, I plan to burn it off shopping!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Happy Thanksgiving, Amber! Wow, you've got alot of bird going, I hope everyone loves turkey! Great news about the house!

I'm debating about the shopping....
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I hope you had a great day with the family!! Good news on maybe losing the PMI! That will help so much. 42lbs of BIRD! Holy Turkey Drums. I cooked 20lbs and have almost no leftovers.....
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Amber, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I love your idea of burning off the carbs while shopping!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #276

Oh girls, no amount of shopping in the world will burn what I consumed this weekend, OMG carb coma!!!! But we had a fabulous day!! It was so nice having the room for everyone, we had deer come in the yard for the kids to see, and even the fox, we had only seen him once and he showed up for the kids to see. You should have seen my windows from all the little fingerprints!

So we had a lot of leftovers and we have been eating them all weekend, pecan pie the breakfast of champions, LOL So last night I said to Tony these leftovers are going, I know its wasteful, but I cant have this here! Heading to the market to buy veggies, fish and meat! And not chicken! I am sort of sick of turkey!

So Mom and I went out Thursday night and Friday I got a good part of my shopping done, a few things I need here and there but got everything wrapped, finished decorating the whole house, I set up 4 trees, I wanted to do a 5th but I was so tired! So then we started painting the laundry room, it was sort of an ugly green, so I had a gallon of a peachy color and it looks so much brighter, so now the only painting left to do is the big 2 story foyer, Tony insists on doing it himself, I am worried about that, I think we should just pay to have it done, but I am sure he will get it done. So today he is putting new shelving and stuff in the laundry room then that is done. I think the next project we are saving for is the foyer and stairs replacing the carpet and doing hardwood, the floor now is red oak which I hate against the olive floor in the family room, so I think he will strip the stain and restain then we need to find treads and a hardwood to match in the upstairs hallway. I hate carpet, little by little I will get it all ripped out, the steps are the worst, so that is first I think! He also is buying the lumber to start studding out the basement to make his shops, and exercise room, so we got a load of lumber last night. I am dog tired! Now I have a mountain of laundry to do since I couldn't be in there all weekend. I had to try to get everything done next weekend is Autumn and Tony's B-days so we are having a party with his family, then NYC the following weekend, so had to get stuff done, Christmas is coming quickly!

So I must get my fat butt up and exercise everyday this week, no more thinking about it, my butt is huge and it has to move, I am so disgusted with myself, and I keep wallowing in carbs and doing nothing, so time to get on it, I still have a few weeks until Christmas, so maybe I can get some weight off, or at least exercise and feel better!

Tony has never been to a steak house, so on 12/9 his B-day I am having Mom come and stay with Bobby and I am taking him to Philly to Morton's steak house, I called and the guy was like how old is he, and he has never been to a steak house? LOL SO I think he will like that and it is low carb for me! Autumn informed me she wants old bay wings and chocolate cake next weekend, LOL She doesn't even eat cake, but that was her request, chocolate cake doesn't tempt me, so that is good! And wings are low carb and easy to grill, although wings for 10 people I am thinking we order them! SHe wants to bring one of her friend's from MD so I guess I will have 2 girls next weekend.

So that is about it, big Eagles game so I know I will get some rest today! I am pleased with what all we got done, and it it warms up we are going to put up the outside lights!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Pecan pie: breakfast of champions! I love it -- that is so funny and true. First of all, it is absolutely wonderful that you hosted a spectacular Thanksgiving at your brand new home and it sounds like everyone had a great time. That is what the holidays are all about and you made magic for your family and loved ones. So you are entitled to a few carbs, lady!

Second, I love how organized you are! After hosting Thanksgiving, you managed to get all your shopping done, gifts wrapped, four trees put up and the house decorated -- not to manage the laundry room painted and all the laundry done! You are such a hard worker and you have enough energy to run a small country single handedly. I think it is a Virgo thing -- you like to get your stuff done and done well ahead of time!

You guys are going to LOVE Morton's -- they have one in Boston near my office and it is the bomb. It will be super easy for you to stay on low carb too!

Hope you and Tony get a chance to relax and watch the Eagles today. Your first holiday season in your beautiful new home is shaping up to be a huge success!

Oh and the month of December will be a good one for Virgos. On December 17, you can expect more job recognition as well as a possible raise or bonus!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Talk about the Energizer Bunny! There was a time we got lots of things done in a short time, but that has passed!

Hubby put up the tree before he left for 10 days of bridge. We have company arriving right after he gets back and no time to decorate after he gets back.

Maybe you are on the carb cycling program

Morton's is great..we have one here. Portions are HUGE though!

Enjoy your December and don't let the craziness get to you!

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
I love Morton's! That is a great place to go for your first steak house experience! They make great dirty martins with blue cheese olives if you are so inclined!
I hear you about the carb coma. I am planning a back to basics strict week starting tommorow. Everything is going out tonight if we don't finish it. I was smart and bought take out containers and packed a lot of leftovers and handed them to people as they headed out the door! But we still have some left. One more thanksgiving sandwich tonight and then I'm done!
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #280

Yes Meg, everyone took leftovers there was still so much, but it all went yesterday except for Turkey! That damn pie is gone now, LOL I got bags of salad and spinach, and grilled london broil, chicken, made some dreamfields lasagna, I didn't put too many noodles in, made a good meat sauce and lots of cheese, easy to heat up, tonight I am starting Jillians Shred! I am going to measure and then do it for 30 days, I have 3 weeks til Christmas to be strict! Somehow I lost 3 of the 5 pounds of weight I gained, must have been all the work I did around the house, LOL Up and down the steps a million times decorating, and the damn lights outside, ughghg that is the biggest pain, the white lights are different color spectrums so I had to go buy more, and now rip some down, I got solar string lights since we sit so far from the road and there is no electric down by the mailbox, and they are crap, I think the street light is affecting them, so I am going to turn the chargers this morning and see if they light up tonight! Ughghg!

Wish I had one more day at home, but got a ton done in these few days so that was good! And the Eagles won! Free coffee today!

OK girlies have a good one, new start, maybe a little indulging will give us a good loss this week! I am going to chug water all day, one thing I do not drink enough water at home, I totally don't get that, we have water in our fridge I drink it all day at work, but it seems like I never just chug water at home, so that is something to work on too!

Have a good one!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, you are well prepared and on a great path to staying on plan! Wishing you luck this week and know that you are on the right track!

There is a New Moon in Sagittarius tonight and that means that this time is good for new beginnings and restarting things. So today is a GREAT day for all of us to be back on plan!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Amber! Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful...and all of the work you're doing at home? Amazing! You make me want to go back to bed...

The food part of all of this is so hard to get under control. I'm really glad to be JUDDDing right now. I get to have what I want and then suck it up the next day...I don't think there has been much scale movement for me, neither up nor down so that can be a blessing in disguise. Like you, I seriously need to move it, move it.

I have done zero Christmas shopping. Zero, zip, nada, nothing...but my tree is up.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew! You've left my head spinning Busy busy girl, you are!!

The extra indulgence will be gone soon, just keep going!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Holy crap, that's a lot of Christmas trees! I'm impressed.

Have a great day, Amber!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #285

Yeah I was honestly glad to sit on my butt for a change at work, I was tired!

1 more pound of bloat to go! Then I am back to my normal weight that doesnt budge which is way to porky for my liking!

Who wants to commit to 30 day Shred with me? I need to exercise like a mad woman, I am not sure how it has been eluding me, I know how important it is and I am being lazy so I figure if I can commit to 30 minutes of that a day and then throw in some jogging that will be a pretty good start!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

I will. I would love to do that!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Yeah I was honestly glad to sit on my butt for a change at work, I was tired!

1 more pound of bloat to go! Then I am back to my normal weight that doesnt budge which is way to porky for my liking!

Who wants to commit to 30 day Shred with me? I need to exercise like a mad woman, I am not sure how it has been eluding me, I know how important it is and I am being lazy so I figure if I can commit to 30 minutes of that a day and then throw in some jogging that will be a pretty good start!

I'm definitely kicking my workouts up a notch this month
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

My first instinct is to say yes! The other part of me is shuddering at the idea of Jillian yelling at me Ok, first things first, I guess I should look & see if I can find the dang dvd! I DO need to get going with something---this may kill me though, you realize?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #290

So far me and Meg have committed to this, we are both sore and tired from our first workout, I gotta say all the Biggest Loser tapes are good, they are cheap and no reason to not squeeze in 20-30 minutes of intervals that get your heart rate up and will tone your muscles, I had a revealtion in my clod jumping jacks, I was such a work out queen and saw how it changed me, and I have been so slacking letting myself go! Ughgh

And miracles of miracles I am 1 pound lower than my pre thanksgiving weight that I have been stuck at for weeks, I think pecan pie is good for you! LOL

What else is new, not much! Work is nuts down a person, holy crap, but it makes the day go fast!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't find my DVD...I think DD17 may have it. I DID win the newest TBL workout dvd from a Twitter chat a couple months ago--it has Dolvette in it Maybe I can do that instead? I really want to get moving--I think this is what has me so restless lately....feeling like i want to do something and just not getting it done...

Great job on the workout! You'll get back to it all, Amber!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Amber!

Dani~ I think committing to 30 minutes of movement everyday is a great thing. I don't shred but I would like to commit to the 30 minutes if that's okay? What do you think Amber?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

I think any dvd you want to do. the important thing is that we are doing it daily! so fun to have a group doing this!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #294

Agreed just committing to any exercise is OK with me!!!! All the workout tapes are good, or even walking, you girls can be all in!!!! Shred is killing me, OMG pushups I used to crank out now I am struggling! Ughghg

Being good, eating about 70 carbs, no snacking after dinner and chugging water down .4 this morning, I cant believe I ate like a hog and now am losing! Its crazy!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! So glad you are losing though. That is GREAT!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

glad you are losing! What are you having as your carbs? Do you do fruits or whole grains? I'm probably doing around 30 (10 per meal ish) but interested in what others do as well.
I finally got my Beverly UMP! Smoothie for me today! I'll let you know what i think!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay!!! WTG hon!
My body needs the carbs to lose...go figure, huh? I probably have 125-130'ish on high carb days, and about 50-75'ish on LC days.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
So glad to hear you're losing, Amber. I know that a long stall can be so daggone frustrating!

Hang in there!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

I made my smoothie. I just did coconut milk (unsweetened, only 45 cal per cup!). The protein and a handful of ice. So good! Thanks for the recommendation! I got vanilla so I can add different berries or other flavor to it, but I love it straight up too.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Agreed just committing to any exercise is OK with me!!!! All the workout tapes are good, or even walking, you girls can be all in!!!! Shred is killing me, OMG pushups I used to crank out now I am struggling! Ughghg

Being good, eating about 70 carbs, no snacking after dinner and chugging water down .4 this morning, I cant believe I ate like a hog and now am losing! Its crazy!
eating more helps the metabolism get going again, i think thats why its good to keep the body guessing!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote