Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks Sunday. Trying hard not to melt over here!

Ugh, humidity is the worst! Monsoons here are kinda nice when you're home--nice to have all that rain, but having to be out on the road in it..OMG!
The wind can get really scary and my son has explicit instructions that if he is out & about and it starts he is to stay put and I don't care how late he is to wherever he's gotta be. I will have a coronary once DD18 actually starts driving.. she's so not ready for it..there is alot to be said for maturity and I don't think she's quite there yet.. DD16.. well, that's a different story altogether..she's 16 going on 30..somtimes I wish she'd just cut loose

This go around I seem to be thinking about food every day Last time the transition was seemless and I slipped into low low DD's so easily with no appetite..this time, not so much.. I'm wondering if I can keep my ratios where they're at and just incorporate some exercise and see losses.. I'll have to think about this..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Dani, I am so sorry that it is so hot there. Just terrible.

Blonde, I think the MWF DD would be the way I will do JUDDD if I return. Only because I know that Sat/Sun can be free day, sometimes they naturally would be mid day, but no counting.

Now, I have the problem of not being able to eat high cals unless I have a few glasses of vino. It is strange, but having been PHD since Jan, I rarely eat over 1400 cals on my daily log. So, I will have to be creative when and if I return to make the cals go over 1700. I can do it when we go out to eat, but my goodness I don't eat out but once per week.
I'm thinking the same thing Sunday! And, wine is NOT conducive to my weight loss for sure! It always sets me back and keeps a loss from showing. I'm so glad PHD is good for you!

Dani~ I've been hungry too, I think it will take a few weeks before my body starts to acknowledge the coming DD and appreciate it. I know after I get in the swing it'll be much easier, healing days will be welcoime and up days just a regular day to eat.

I was caught in a monsoon coming down out of the mountains into Phoenix. It scared the beejeezers out of me. My car started to hydroplane and my heart was in my throat. Never seen it pour like that before or since.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

I couldn't imagine doing JUDDD like that! I WISH! Seriously, I could get into lots of trouble with free days on the weekends!

I had no idea what a monsoon was when we moved here...and then one day it was just pouring and windy like I'd never seen it..scared the crap outta me!

Praying like heck that the appetite suppression comes soon..I need it!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Blonde I'm so glad you're ok. That can be scary!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Monica! It was while back.

No appetite suppression here Danielle, so I'm white-knuckling through it.

Today I eat.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

DD today here...woke up surprisingly calm without any real hunger..shocker! Broke my fast around 1. Even then I didn't feel starved.. Chugging lots of water today.

Good luck with your UD. Enjoy!!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #247

How goes it???
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle!

Healing Day here. I have work this morning and that always helps me stay focused. Man it was hot here yesterday! We had dueling air conditioners and stayed inside except for a necessary trip to the grocer. I don't think we expected summer to come so soon. Last year we had mild weather until the end of August...but that's over now. Chance of thunder showers inland today. Isn't that special?

B: Eggbeaters, coffee
L: Salad, tea
D: salad & chicken

I'm sticking to the M-W-F rotation this week and try will very hard to suck it up on the weekend. Yesterday's up day was very low key and more than likely under calories, above a medium day but below a regular day. It was so hot the only thing that sounded good was fruit. I had cold cereal w/ almond milk for breakfast, something I never do. The grand girls left honey nut cheerios here.

I'm hoping to hear one way or the other about my possible employment with the gekko.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I dig almond milk -- never thought I would give up regular milk, but I have (aside from using half & half in my hot tea). Trader Joe's has some really good almond milk! Do y'all have TJ's out there?

Hope your Monday goes well, lady! I hope you get a call soon...waiting makes me antsy.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jayce! We do have TJ's and I love almond milk. I've been buying it for a couple of years, I don't buy fresh Moo milk at all. I sometimes use evaporated milk in recipes but not very often. If it needs milk I may add sour cream or yogurt instead.

Yes waiting sucks, but you know what? I've decided if I don't get this job, I'll keep looking. Being brave enough to try to move forward has helped me believe that I can do anything I want if I put my mind to it. I think I need more than my current job can provide.

How goes the packing?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ there's a Daily Chat July thread for JUDDD'rs, you should come.

July Daily Chat Thread

I'm getting ready for work, my hair in curlers, my face is done...I'm dreading the step outside into the humidity. My hair will fall limp, my makeup will melt and my underarms will start to perspire all before I get to work.

I've calculated my calories out til the end of the day..503. I'll take it.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gluc egg pasta ala CarolynF

Got this from the gluccomannan thread. I can't wait to try it!

Protein Pasta

Makes one serving

In a medium cereal bowl, mix:

2 large egg whites, beaten with a fork
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. of glucomannan powder, sprinkled on top and mixed in
with a fork until it is smooth
shake of salt

After you have mixed this all up with a fork, if you have any bits of the powder, use a small whisk to get them mixed in.

Heat up a 10 inch non-stick skillet with a small glaze of oil. (I was afraid not to oil the pan).

Pour the mixture into the pan and lift the pan until it is spread out thinly and then cook on one side until the top is white and a bit dry. Using a large spatula, flip it and cook for a minute or so. Slide the big noodle onto a cutting board and cool slightly.

I cut my noodle with a pizza cutter to make fettucini sized noodles. If you make them thinner, you can make spaghetti or shape them into lasagne, roll them into manicottis..

These are totally cooked. So to serve add your hot sauce and mix well or bake in a casserole.

Honestly, they are good..and easy..They do have a natural pasta texture, too, which is nice..
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Blonde, I bought shirataki noodles when I was still LCing and they are still sitting in my fridge. Not gonna eat them.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Lindy! At least you didn't order Miracle Noodles on autoship through the big site. I used to eat them on DD. They will fill you up. Especially if you add the right sauce and veggies. I say whatever it takes.

Have a great week everyone!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

LOL...apparently the joint consensus is that the shirataki noodles are less than savory?!?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

Boo on the humidity!

Last summer was hot, but nothing like this year so far.. crazy fires, lives lost because of it..

So MWF are DD's? What are the weekends, freebies? DD's are very hard for me when DH is home, which is why I'm very thankful that I only have 1 actually entire day with him off..the other's are at least me by myself for most of the day...I'd never make it otherwise

Jayce... no noodles for me ...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, I am so sorry for the firemen lost. So tragic.
I am praying much needed rain.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lindy, shiritaki noodles have not been my favorite. I have to be really hungry to eat them. There is trick though, because they smell when you open the bag. So drain into a collander and rinse well (holding nose if necessary) place in a bowl and microwave for at least two minutes. They no longer have an odor. Drain again. Add 1/2 cup of marinara to the bowl and microwave with the noodles until HOT. At this time you can stir in some grated parmesan or laughing cow cheese wedge. Remember, you are hungry, Now eat it. Anyway that's what I did, just now. I was hungry...now I'm not.

And Sunday! No kidding, miracle noodles are just like real rubber bands! Gross.

Jayce I think they are good under the right circumstances (see above).

Dani~ it's horrible about the firefighters from Prescott. How incredibly brave they were. I feel so awful for their families.

M-W-F are healing days. One of the weekend days is Medium. that would be under 1000, right? Which day depends on what's happening over the weekend. I don't mind cutting way back but trying to 'heal' around my family's events is dang near impossible. To be honest, DH is the only one who knows I'm doing this around here. It wouldn't be well received by the WW'rs. My girls are not as supportive as they used to be. None of the days are allowed to be up up and away days. Gotta have some control. I think eating good healthy food keeps the binge monster at bay. Today I started tracking again at my plate! Good news!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #259

Tracking never hurts girl! You have a great plan with your set schedule. JUDDD is wonderful for fitting into a life, how each of us lives it!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up day!

Thanks Monica, I think tracking is a good idea too. This should be an okay schedule for me, Juddd is so adaptable!

I made it through an excellent healing day yesterday. Everything felt 'spot-on', even the shiritaki was palatable. Last night before bed I had some pretty wicked aches and pains so took a couple of advil before I lay down. Hot and humid here last night, a couple of night sweats and bit of tossing and turning and...the alarm goes off at 5am. I'm up and at 'em, working today but getting to eat, YAY

I'm going to have my 2 little grand dogs over the weekend. DD is going to Palm Springs with a couple of other married lady friends for a little R&R. What a bonehead move. Palm Springs?? Really? It was 127 in the desert yesterday. NOT her idea, but she's definitely along for the ride. Dumb. Her big puppies will stay home with their Daddy but the older dogs need attention and they love to stay here with us.

Another hot and humid day dawns in So Cal, but not as hot as Danielle's town!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love your plan Blonde! So happy that you had a great healing day.

Don't you know DD will be looking for the shade?!?!? 127 is dastardly!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know Sunday, she's crazy! They'll spend the whole time in the hotel as soon as they've had enough sun by the pool. Oh to be young and stupid, (as opposed to old and still kinda stupid)
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I remember my sun worshiping days! I do everything I can to protect my face now. I think it is too late for my arms and neck though. Geez, I was in the pool more than I was inside from 16 to 40.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

"I think eating good healthy food keeps the binge monster at bay."

I totally agree with this statement! I've noticed if I make healthier, fresh choices, then I tend to feel full faster. The veggies, fruit, & protein really do seem to make a difference. Of course, sometimes I don't want them, but that's when I'm having my "tantrum" moments. Hehe...

127 degrees? Are you frickin' kidding me?!? There's no way I would be going there...lol. I'm too Irish for that mess!

Hope your Tuesday has started well!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you had such a great day yesterday! Ugh, aches & pains...me too. Oh, and hot flashes too It's pretty sad when you're in the middle of the grocery store where the a/c is dang near -20 and you're sweatin up a storm DH looked at me like I had 3 heads and was asking what was happening... Nuttin honey, just getting old as we speak, that's all...

Palm Springs...really?? Now????????? Hunh...I guess to each their own, but maaaannnn, that sounds HOT!

Enjoy your UD!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Today

Mornin' Girlies! Jayce, lol on the tantrums!! Danielle, BOO to hot flashes!

Yeah, Palm Springs....duh. Why?

I've been outside and watered everything before the sun pops up. Isn't it just dumb luck that we planted a bed of hydrangeas right before the hottest spell of the summer so far?? They love water, hate heat and we've been trying to mollycoddle them through this horrid torrid weather. Danielle, the sky looks like Arizona this morning. Cloudy and hot.

Giving DD a ride to work this morning and I'm going to window shop around for awhile to pass the time on this healing day.

Still nothing from the gekko regarding the background check. I'm getting frustrated and of course I'm starting to rethink the whole thing....(but that's me in a nutshell).

Have a lovely day, stay cool.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just Curious

Do any of you have a forbidden food? I mean really forbidden, one that you love but won't touch with a ten foot pole?

For me it's donuts. Never ever touch 'em, whether I'm on a diet or not, donuts are on my forbidden food list. Really the only thing I can think of that is off limits under any circumstances. Why? Well I love them for one. I can't just eat one, I can't stop thinking about them if I do only eat one...I go back until they're gone, then I'm sad...because they're gone. And~ they are fat and sugar bombs. Fluffy, sticky, tender....uh. Okay, that's all, just curious.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donuts! Me too!

I am really sad to admit that when I was a newlywed and even after we had two children, we had donuts every single Sat morning. Imagine Krispy Kreme donuts only ours were from a local donut shop and yes, they were "out of this world" delish. My very fav was the creme filled chocolate eclairs. No, I don't believe I have had one in at least 5 years. I would entertain making a gluten free donut, but don't know how it would taste.

I noticed that my daughter treats my grands to donuts as well. I just bite my tongue.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

If there is at least something I love about living in the desert, it'd have to be the sunsets and the sunrises here.. there is nothing like it. The colors that come out are just beautiful. I love the clouds here too, they're always big and puffy like a cartoon Now, that dang heat, that's a whole other icky hot mess!

Forbidden food..hhmmmmmmm...... I don't think so. I don't think there's any one thing that I have to run from, per se. It seems that alot of stuff that I think I want, I get it, and then after a few bites or a serving of something, I realize it was just, meh. And then I'm kicking myself for wasting the calories!

Have fun shopping today!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #270

I have a recipe for GF donuts. I was never really a huge fan of them though, so I haven't made them.

M&M's are my VICE! I won't say I never ever have them....but man, I try to stay very far away from them. No matter the size of the bag, TO ME, it is a single serving. The true SS bags, the double, the medium, the large, h ell, even the XL huge bag with a ziplock closer is single serving to me. I eat them till they are gone. Sick or otherwise. I love the plain ones, peanut ones and the PB ones. I can't have the pretzel or the krispy. I will eat the almond ones, just not my faves!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html