Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Blonde, I think you should be more optimistic. Something inside you told you that you needed a change and you went on gut instinct to pursue this. It will all work out! The universe is pointing you this way. If it does not work out, what's the fallout? You are still financially comfortable and loved deeply by your family -- so it won't be catastrophic. You will be fine. And if you don't like the new job, you will find something else that is even better for you. You are a strong person!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hmmm, suspecting that your daughters are probably like mine and just worry a lot, could it be that they want you home in the evening as well?

I feel like it is an opportunity that you will always wonder if you don't take it. Why? Because I am like you, if it isn't meant to be, why is everything leaning your direction? I love your attitude, wish it wasn't so difficult to measure future directions. Lots of good thoughts and hugs to you Blonde!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Yesterday I was asked for a paystub for a job I held 8 years ago. What??? The 'backround' check has begun. Unbelievably I found a W-2 for 2004, miraculous. The company is no longer in business so it would have been impossible to contact them. I also found my college transcript to show my GPA. 3.5. Again, I try to keep a cool head. I'm so easily rattled. This morning I asked DD the Elder if she would fax something for me if I drop by her work. She said "Sure! If it's not for Geico...." She really is against me going to work there. She thinks it will be a huge mistake, I'll be miserable and will waste my time because I won't stay. The fact is, I'm apprehensive, wouldn't anyone be? It's a major change, but I really believe it is a fantastic opportunity. I wish she would be more supportive but truthfully she's just the vocal one...my other DD is also concerned but quiet about it.

I'm more than apprehensive, I'm scared. Fear of failure is my least favorite emotion, but I am afraid. When I was told to find a pay stub yesterday I swear, a part of me wished I wouldn't find anything, and it would all be moot. But then the little miracle, there it is, a W-2. The really worrying thing is how this has all come about, like it was supposed to happen. I won't say easy, the testing was ridiculous...but I went through it the nonchalance of someone who didn't care if I failed it. I did my best, but I didn't worry about it. DD the Elder told me after the application that I shouldn't do it. Know what I said? "They're not gonna hire me". And here I am waiting on a background check that I feel will be exemplary. It's almost like I'm on a path of ice, sliding toward the inevitable. Kismet? Fate? Sheer blind luck? I'm so afraid I won't get hired. I'm so afraid I will. Sadly, I can only say this here.
Oh Blonde, you are out of your comfort zone. I always hated that feeling that I didn't care if I got the job or didn't. But, you know, this could be the single most important thing in your life right now. The opportunity to find a job that you can enjoy and actually do is a great one. I went to work at the local District Attorney's office some years ago. I thought maybe it would work and if it didn't, I wasn't meant to have it after all. But, you know, it was the BEST job I ever had. Loved, loved, loved it. Helping people and really changing lives. I retired after 7 yrs and it was the longest job I had held ever. You can do this. Hang in there...
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Girl, see this through! You can do this. Consider it a CHALLENGE you will ONLY succeed! New is scary, I get it, but you are so worth it!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Can I just say, I'm wowed by the support here! I appreciate it and frankly I need it, thank you all so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Blonde, I think you should be more optimistic. Something inside you told you that you needed a change and you went on gut instinct to pursue this. It will all work out! The universe is pointing you this way. If it does not work out, what's the fallout? You are still financially comfortable and loved deeply by your family -- so it won't be catastrophic. You will be fine. And if you don't like the new job, you will find something else that is even better for you. You are a strong person!
Exactly! It feels like it was supposed to happen. I totally believe in that universe stuff. I've been thinking about making a change for quite awhile but I haven;t done anything about it until now. Thanks Gail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Hmmm, suspecting that your daughters are probably like mine and just worry a lot, could it be that they want you home in the evening as well?

I feel like it is an opportunity that you will always wonder if you don't take it. Why? Because I am like you, if it isn't meant to be, why is everything leaning your direction? I love your attitude, wish it wasn't so difficult to measure future directions. Lots of good thoughts and hugs to you Blonde!
I know right? Yes that's what I'm thinking. as scary as it is, I can;t stop the process, I'll hate myself if I throw in the towel now. I guess I have to play it out til the end to see what's going to happen. You're right about the girls, they want me available 24/7. Thank you Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Oh Blonde, you are out of your comfort zone. I always hated that feeling that I didn't care if I got the job or didn't. But, you know, this could be the single most important thing in your life right now. The opportunity to find a job that you can enjoy and actually do is a great one. I went to work at the local District Attorney's office some years ago. I thought maybe it would work and if it didn't, I wasn't meant to have it after all. But, you know, it was the BEST job I ever had. Loved, loved, loved it. Helping people and really changing lives. I retired after 7 yrs and it was the longest job I had held ever. You can do this. Hang in there...
Oh Lindy thank you for saying that, that's what I'm thinking and hoping. It feels like it's supposed to happen, or I'm supposed to test my mettle or something. I have to follow through. I wish I could stop self-doubting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH Girl, see this through! You can do this. Consider it a CHALLENGE you will ONLY succeed! New is scary, I get it, but you are so worth it!
Monica I'm going all the way to the end, whatever the end is. Boy it is scary though, and a challenge, Thank you.

I was trying to tell my boss today about the Geico thing today since he didn't read my email. After stuttering around a bit he put me out of my misery and told me they had already called him. He also said that he would keep me 'employed' at OG for at least a month, in case I don't like it, he won't have to rehire me. I can just come back. How's that for nice?

DD the Elder faxed my stuff anyway, over slight objections.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-26-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was thinking it would be so interesting to be a Claims Rep. Just imagine the funny stories you will hear. Everything from teenagers who have wrecked the family car to crazy parking lot incidents, like the one I had about 10 years ago.

Sounds like this job may be more fun than you can even imagine.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #217

girl, that is SUPER nice of him. I think that speaks volumes for HIM and YOU! He thinks enough of you to do that. It's people like that that make the world a nicer place. How long do they anticipate the back ground check taking??
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Healing Day Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I was thinking it would be so interesting to be a Claims Rep. Just imagine the funny stories you will hear. Everything from teenagers who have wrecked the family car to crazy parking lot incidents, like the one I had about 10 years ago.

Sounds like this job may be more fun than you can even imagine.
I never thought of it as fun, but you know you could be right! The one thing that really has me interested is the 'busy' factor. Busy makes a day go by fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
girl, that is SUPER nice of him. I think that speaks volumes for HIM and YOU! He thinks enough of you to do that. It's people like that that make the world a nicer place. How long do they anticipate the back ground check taking??
He is a wonderful manager. We all love him and he's retired Army so he's good at what he does and has a wife and 3 daughters so he's good with the woman at work. I always told him if he moves to another OG, I'm following him. They told me the background check could takes as long as 8 business days, then on to the drug test and health assessment. Jeepers, you'd think I was going to work for the CIA.

Today I'm taking the Grand girls to the Boys and Girls Club at noon and having lunch out with my BFF. I had to cancel last week due to DH's Neuropathy appt. I'm looking forward to catching up.

Now for the bad news. DH has SHINGLES again. One year to the month of the last diagnosis. It's in the same place on his body but directly on the opposite side. I think we caught it early enough. He went to urgent care last night to be diagnosed and started anti-virals last night. Can you believe it???
Old 06-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shingles are horrible. My DH has had them before. So sorry to hear about his issues. Has he ever had vertigo or menierres?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday, I don't think so....we're crossing our fingers for a 'light' case.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blonde,

I posted a few supps to take and some to avoid while in an outbreak of shingles over on PHD. The reason that I brought up the menierres, is because my son who is only 33 has had 2 episodes of shingles and he is very young. He also has had an episode of menierres. Which is very frustrating. He does suffer w/ IBS and leaky gut, which is where we are focused on healing right now.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Behind here..but FWIW I think the way things are happening with this job is just how things are meant to be. The beauty of all of it is, if you decide you don't like it you can always quit.. The universe is telling you something, run with it

I'm sorry to hear about DH, that's rough. My sister's had shingles twice..she said it's the worst thing ever. I hope this is a light case and heals quickly!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, sunshine! I hope that your husband starts feeling better soon...my mom has had shingles also, and I know it was painful.

Lots of positive vibes being sent your way~~~~~
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Day Hot Day Friday

Thanks you Sunday! I'll go check it out. How are you feeling?

Weirdly enough, this came on without warning, no bad stomach or lethargy...he was taking a homeopathic drug for nerve pain and I think it kept the early warning symptoms at bay. He's going to work today and as long as he can unless it gets bad again. Poor man.

Hey Danielle, I've thought the same thing. I need to be careful about how I approach it. I don't want to waste their time or mine, but I can't be forced to continue something that makes me miserable. The hiring process is so intense, the background checks so personal that I think they may be a front for the CIA.

Jayce thanks for the good vibes! Right back at you!

Hot here yesterday (Nothing like Danielle's neighborhood). Not just hot but we have humidity as well. There is dew on the cars this morning, and expected high 90's to low 100's. Made in the shade.

I promised the grand girls lunch out today and it's a healing day for me so I need to figure out how I'm gonna work it.

Well then, I'm heading outside to water all plants, trees, flowers and bird baths before the sun sproings into the sky. Be back in a bit.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #225

OH I hate to hear that your DH has shingles. That stinks. POOR GUY!

Healing day out with the Grands?? Let us know how that goes!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate to report this so early......

My healing day is postponed until tomorrow. I was asked this morning to find my high school diploma...it's only been 40 years since I graduated. I sent them my college transcripts two days ago....don't you have to be a graduate to go to college??? The stress is getting to me and I downed two pieces of cheese toast before I had time to think about it. I'm trying to cooperate but now it's starting to make me mad. This company that's 'investigating' (not Geico) called to tell me they contacted my high school and that I didn't graduate. I said no, I didn't graduate from that high school, I was there for 9th and 10 grade. I graduated from the other high school in Missouri and they asked me for my diploma! Well isn't that their JOB? To investigate? If they called one school, can't they call the other?? Is this another freakin' TEST? My head is about to pop off.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, the idea of wasting time, whether it's yours or someone else's kinda sucks rocks But, you do have to be true to yourself and they'll get over it
Old 06-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

.........annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd right about now I'm guessing you don't care much if you're wasting any of their time!.... Just read your last post.. Good hell!

No head popping please... I need you.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Frankly, if the investigators (and I use this term loosely, judging by what's just happened)...can't do their job right, doesn't give me hope for much of what the company you'd be working for would be like. Just sayin.......
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh everything you just said Dani, sums up what I'm thinking. I did not know you could read minds, but you read mine pretty well!

I'm just a bit stressed over all of this. Seriously, this GIG is intense. Investigators are HIRED to do all the background checking. Why should I make their job easier? IF I knew where my diploma is, I'd send it...but IDK.

I'm going to lunch and will try not to order the chicken alfredo pizza with extra alfredo and extra cheese and extra alfredo...and cheese.

DANIELLE!

Blonde~
Old 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

What? You mean you haven't enshrined your diploma in a glass case and hung it on the wall for moments like these???? Attached with a lil sign "In case of emergency break glass"..with the little hammer attached?

GOOD GRIEF!

I only know I still have my diploma is because I got rid of nearly everything in our garage about 2 years ago when I got tired of lugging 2 tons of crap every time we moved

Try and enjoy your day with the kiddos..and no, alfredo pizza and lotsa cheese isn't gonna help.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and no, alfredo pizza and lotsa cheese isn't gonna help

Are you sure?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had garden salad with dressing on the side and shrimp fritta. So good. Someone from The gekko place called ans said no worries it would just take a bit longer.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya did good, momma!

Still shaking my head about the diploma.. tsk tsk tsk... a bit longer...like, seriously? How much longer does a 2-second phone call take... Or, wait...maybe they're gonna road-trip it there to see it in person??? Yeah, that could be it..
Old 06-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Day Saturday

How to contact a high school, in summer, in Missouri, in a town of population 4580.... I will wait.

Ended my day (dinner) with Taco Bell....today is definitely a day to heal.

Dani I can't believe how hot it is in your town!! It hit 99 here yesterday, and probably will hit 100+ today. Thank goodness for air-conditioning! Let's hope there are no rolling black-outs to shut off the power grid.

This last week has sort of melded into itself., the stress factor has run a bit high but for the most part I feel the week went well. I had one medium day last week and two up days in a row this week. I'm cutting myself some slack, while getting back into the swing shift of JUDDD. Today is to heal, and I'll worry about tomorrow,....tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to find some water to get into.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't they work for awhile after school gets out? They do here, as well as when I was growing up---my mom was an office manager @ an elementary school for years.. Interesting.. so, they expect you to wait all summer then?

Taco Bell.... There are moments that it sounds good, but this morning.. nope. My downfall yesterday? POPCORN! Freshly popped, perfectly done... =

We're supposed to hit 120 today.. only in the desert can it be that hot and be totally cloudy. Monsoon, maybe? My a/c was on and off all night long and it's set at 80. Dreading that elec. bill for this month!!

You had sort've a big week..lots of changes and issues popping up..glad to see you being kind to yourself. So if today's a healing day does that mean tomorrow you'll go to an UD?? Just wondering since we were on the same rotation
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girlfriend! I believe they may have gotten a fax number for the school to send a request. If I had to wait all summer I'd drag down boxes and try to find the dang diploma. Missouri schools get out in May but you're right, I imagine some people are in summer school.

Yes, healing today and eating tomorrow. Do you do every other day or M-W-F? Weekends are so hard and last week I had a medium day and an up day on the weekend. One of the things I'm anticipating with the possible new job is being busy in the evenings (3-11:30pm). I want to have my mornings open and nighttime is my most vulnerable boredom eating time, so working would be a good thing. It will keep me from eating and watching television. I sometimes feel like TV is the devil. It robs me of time and energy and promotes snacking.

I had a small cold potato for breakfast, so with coffee I'm sitting at around 130 and it's still morning. I was considering trying lentil soup for my lunch and see if it has lasting satiety. I also have shiritaki noodles but those are emergency only, no matter what I put them in, I can still taste them.

Be cool my friend! Don't sweat the utilities, it's great that you have A/C, use it and pay the piper later.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

I do rolling rotations.. it fits perfectly with DH's schedule as his is a rolling 2 weeks.. so on my UD's he's either off or he's home by 3pm.. the only exception is every other week he's got 2 days off in a row, so 1 of those days is a DD but we make it work.

You will never ever in this lifetime get me to eat shirtaki noodles..nope..I think I'd rather starve.

Oh honey, I refuse to sweat. Period.... You know me, I don't like being hot and I don't like being sweaty--hence my aversion to exercise, and that dang a/c ON!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, I am so sorry that it is so hot there. Just terrible.

Blonde, I think the MWF DD would be the way I will do JUDDD if I return. Only because I know that Sat/Sun can be free day, sometimes they naturally would be mid day, but no counting.

Now, I have the problem of not being able to eat high cals unless I have a few glasses of vino. It is strange, but having been PHD since Jan, I rarely eat over 1400 cals on my daily log. So, I will have to be creative when and if I return to make the cals go over 1700. I can do it when we go out to eat, but my goodness I don't eat out but once per week.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 06-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Isn't JUDDD marvelously adaptable? Rolling rotations! Love it.

You mention monsoon weather, it's weird here, lots of high clouds, hot and humid. My A/C is humming right along. I went out and watered everything again. Potted plants can die so quickly in a couple days of high heat.

Do you think about food much on your up day? I don't. On my healing day, it flits through my mind constantly then I say have to say no, it's not an eating day. On an up day I could care less. I mean I eat but I don't think about it. Right now the shiritaki noodles are starting to sound almost edible if I cook them in marinara sauce...that's what I get for eating so much dinner. I'm going to go drink a big glass of water. For now.