Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well look at you! I leave you alone for an afternoon and you go and apply for a job and have a stellar DD. I'd say good luck, but you don't need it. You're right though, if you don't get it no biggie, but at least you tried!

It's an UD today...It's Friday...Woo hoo!!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good luck!

Things will happen as they should -- take a deep breath & enjoy the ride!

Happy Friday, Blondie!
Thank you Jayce, that's exactly what I did. Nice deep breathing and telling myself nothing venture nothing gained. The computer test was really hard and I was resigned to be told I failed, then she told me I passed! Now I go back on Monday afternoon for an interview and a 'phone' test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Good luck! Love your attitude. Your personality will win them over, I am certain!
Oh thank you Sunday! My personality can sometimes get me in trouble when people don;t understand my sense of humor, so when I interview I take my "I'm the one you want to work for you" personality. Maybe I'll just show them the real me, and let the chips fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Well look at you! I leave you alone for an afternoon and you go and apply for a job and have a stellar DD. I'd say good luck, but you don't need it. You're right though, if you don't get it no biggie, but at least you tried!

It's an UD today...It's Friday...Woo hoo!!!
I know, right??? It's not like I haven't thought of it before but when DH started talking about retiring this year, I got scared. I'm not ready to live hand to mouth like we did when we were young married kids. I've got my appetites (cable, cell phone, nails and hair, lunch out w/ friends) If he is tired of working, I understand, but I need to bring in money. If I don't get the job, I'll start picking up more shifts at OG. It could be a whole new adventure. Either way, I'm okay.

Happy UP DAY!! Woo Hoo!
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! So proud of you!!!! You'll end up getting this job and then be working full-time and then my buddy will be gone.. hard not to be a little jealous
This will work out fabulously for you guys, however! DH can relax a bit more and hopefully get some relief for those poor feet of his. One of my sisters worked for them at one time as an claims adjuster--she loved it.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I'm not going anywhere. If anything I'll need to be here more.

No big plans yet.

Don't be jealous, I'm always gonna be your buddy.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-21-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

I totally get why you want to do it..the thought's come across my mind for awhile too... However, my feet just won't allow it. I need to find a nice M-F, 9-5 desk job DH keeps telling me to go to work with him... Ummmmmm, I'm gonna go with a big NO on that one I'd prolly end up in jail for knocking out some of the idiots he works with!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Day 3 Happy Saturday!

Good Morning! DH has a gig today, I'm going later.

Took my computer test yesterday, it was sooo hard. I had to talk myself down in the beginning of the simulation. You need to relax, this is not the end of the world, if you do your best than you can feel proud of that. I bumbled around and after doing what seemed like 50 simulations I completed a grand total of.....one. Then the typing test, then another simulation test, then another typing test. I waited in the reception area while two other people in our group went to take a personality test...and waited. I was completely resigned to being told thanks but no thanks and I was okay with that. She called me to her desk and said, congratulations you passed the test. There is no way I passed anything! But I did pass. Maybe they grade on a curve. I go back on Monday for a sit down interview and a "phone" test. My feet are starting to ice up. What have I done?

Yesterday was an up day and I don't think I fulfilled the calorie requirement, or if I did, just barely.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

What was on the computer test??? Sounds very interesting. The personality tests make me nervous A phone test...as in you have to show them how you'd deal with potential clients? I get way nervous with stuff like that...You, though, will be wonderful You don't have to take this job, do you? If you don't want it I'd say either keep going and see how far you get and then decide, or just opt out now? Kinda exciting all at the same time, no?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Dani! The test was a simulation of a medical insurance company. It was their 'software' for data entry. Service, sales, & claims. I had to transcribe info from emails and voice mails into the correct categories and get all the info in the right place by opening and closing tabs....all on a timer. Yes the phone interview consists of studying a fictional company on paper and then fielding phone calls and answering questions about the company.

No I don't have to take the job. To be perfectly honest I almost ditched out on the testing yesterday and then chastised myself into going. I need to challenge myself at this point in my life. I don't know how to explain it. DH, he's so busy all the time, work...band...hobbies. I don't do much of anything. I live for the weekend when he's home but even when he's here he has stuff to do. I watch too much television. I want to eat in front of the television. My current job has become a complete yawn, not enough pay, not enough hours (because I keep giving my shifts away, because I'm bored). I'm not constructive with my time. I get depressed when I think too much. I have hours and hours to do my household chores and barely get it done. I've been feeling powerless and helpless and useless and worthless. Dramatic but true. Where do I want to be in 5 years? Not in front of the TV fighting boredom and calories and serving tables. In 5 years I'll be 62. I've had years to do my watercolors and I haven't done one thing in years. I guess I need discipline and I think a full time job with good pay and benefits will help me out of this funk I'm in. Will I take the job if it's offered? I think I will but I won't know for sure until they offer. I'm confused.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Well that sounds nuts! I dunno that I would've been able to do that. At all! I'm sure given some time I'd have figured it out, but on the fly, pffftttt, no way.

I hear ya about hours and hours to yourself.. I'm kinda there.. I had school to keep me busy but then got burnt out on it..as much as I truly enjoyed it I'm not sure I'm interested in going back. I wish I did, it'd make it easier to be "doing something"..instead of just sitting here with my thoughts.. I don't have much experience with anything other than managing in retail so my options are very limited.. (not to mention I have a hard time now working for a 2 year old telling me what to do ) Trying hard to grasp the golden ring I have and use the time I have wisely to take care of myself and work on weight loss and exercise. It's hard!

Welp, nearly time for the movies again!..this afternoon is flying!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday was Medium-Well

Sunday morning up day. I had forgotten how hard it is to JUDDD on the weekend. I had a good medium day yesterday and I'm fine with that. Part of the problem was not eating enough on Friday. Hard to heal two days in a row without enough nourishment. I used to schedule M-W-F for healing and then making Saturday a medium day. I'll play it by ear for now.

I had no coffee yesterday at all. I drank ice tea and back-slid with a diet coke at the gig. Just one, but i wanted more. Coffee my way today.

Danielle thank you for the vote of confidence.

I'm scheduled to work OG three days this week and I'm keeping them all.

Maybe.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Getting ready to head out for a drive and go get breakfast, I'm so excited because I'm so hungry!

Be back tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey Blonde, and all, hope your day was well. It sounds like you have things going on. Good luck on job hunting. Really hate that. Now I'm beyond that. Yea!!

I got my kombucha and milk kevir in and up and running. We'll see how they taste. Scary thoughts.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #193
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Blonde - I am so proud of you. Going and taking that test....and then you did GREAT! I can't wait to hear how things go for you today. YOu should be very proud of yourself and I can't wait to read all about it.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree w/ Monica! At my age, I am not very good at trying something new and I admire all who do. I want to be able to do this, but seem to find ways to counteract any change one way or another. Good going Blonde!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning! Hope your Monday is going well so far...me, I'm wishing I could crawl back under the covers.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Day Work Day Interview day

I just got home from my lunch shift...it was dead and I made $14 in tips. I'm in my pj's and kicking back until I have to leave for my 3:30 interview. Weird, I'm not nervous about this. I will do my best, fi that's not enough...I'm still employed.

Lindy, thanks. It really was a whim. I honestly didn't expect anything to come from it. Oooo, I hope your Kefir is really yummy! Don't be scared.

Monica, thank you, I hope I have good news to report! Not sure which news will be good... I appreciate your support.

Oh Sunday, I absolutely HATE change. I get palpitations moving the furniture to a different place. This is a big push for me, it has to be healthy, right?

Jayce, me too!! I didn't want to get up today! I had too much fun at DD the Younger's yesterday. Too much red wine, not enough water. I woke up with an ucky tummy. When I got to work I had a big glass of club soda with lime and felt better almost immediately. I have two hours until my interview so I'm putting my feet up, now.

B: Boiled egg
L: 2 small potatoes w/ salsa
D: The chicken salad I always have....

Thanks all for the words of encouragement!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Great positive outlook on today's interview I think you'll do great!

Glad you had a great time with the fam last night.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They offered me the job!

*Job offer alert*

Thanks Dani! I had another test and two interviews yesterday, I was there for three hours. Calm and cool as a cucumber, me. They offered the job pending background check, drug test and health assessment. I came home, Little Miss Cool... and spent 15 minutes in the bathroom while my body 'cleansed'. Thoroughly wrung out, I ate my salad, watched a little TV and went to bed. I woke up at 4:30 experiencing the beginnings of leg cramps in my right thigh and got up to try Sunday's recipe of a little ACV in water. It worked.

Today is the first day with the grand girls summer vacation. I'll have them until noon then it's off to the B & G Club. I need to let my work know that I may be leaving them and make sure I'm on good terms...just in case.

Today is an up day!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Fantastic news! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I really admire you for taking such a large step out of your comfort zone....hard thing to do at any stage of life. You must be so proud of yourself. Hope it works out to be a job you'll love. Lots of positive changes in your life by the sounds of it!!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful Blonde! So thrilled!

I love the fact that you are doing something new and who knows, you will probably have fun and love the work at the same time!
How far is it from your home?

I don't know what it is about the ACV, but it works for me as well. I can't believe how fast either.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
*Job offer alert*

Thanks Dani! I had another test and two interviews yesterday, I was there for three hours. Calm and cool as a cucumber, me. They offered the job pending background check, drug test and health assessment. I came home, Little Miss Cool... and spent 15 minutes in the bathroom while my body 'cleansed'. Thoroughly wrung out, I ate my salad, watched a little TV and went to bed. I woke up at 4:30 experiencing the beginnings of leg cramps in my right thigh and got up to try Sunday's recipe of a little ACV in water. It worked.

Today is the first day with the grand girls summer vacation. I'll have them until noon then it's off to the B & G Club. I need to let my work know that I may be leaving them and make sure I'm on good terms...just in case.

Today is an up day!
So happy for you!!!!!
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations! I admire you also for stepping out of your comfort zone -- that's something that I need to work on doing more in my own life. Kudos!

Sidenote: What does the ACV help you ladies with? I have purchased it before and it helps with heartburn, it seemed like. Anything else you use it for? Thanks in advance.

Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce,
I drink a tbsp every morning in my lemon water and it is a great way to start the day.

I also keep it at my bedside for leg cramps. I rarely get them, but when I do they are so painful. If you drink the ACV mixed in water, it is instant relief.

Great thread devoted to ACV. Apple Cider Vinegar weight loss wonder

Enjoy!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To help you get used to the taste of ACV, you can add a tbsp of raw honey or stevia. I drink mine plain now, but when I started, I would add a bit of sweet to help me drink it.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Fantastic news! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I really admire you for taking such a large step out of your comfort zone....hard thing to do at any stage of life. You must be so proud of yourself. Hope it works out to be a job you'll love. Lots of positive changes in your life by the sounds of it!!

Thank you Sherrie! It's huge for me. I do not like change and will sometimes go to ridiculous lengths not to have to change. I am proud for sticking my neck out...not my usual Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Wonderful Blonde! So thrilled!

I love the fact that you are doing something new and who knows, you will probably have fun and love the work at the same time!
How far is it from your home?

I don't know what it is about the ACV, but it works for me as well. I can't believe how fast either.

I hope to enjoy the work. The training is extensive. If I'm comfortable with what I'm doing, I can relax a bit.

Thank you!!! The ACV worked in like less than a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
So happy for you!!!!!
Thanks Lindy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Congratulations! I admire you also for stepping out of your comfort zone -- that's something that I need to work on doing more in my own life. Kudos!

Sidenote: What does the ACV help you ladies with? I have purchased it before and it helps with heartburn, it seemed like. Anything else you use it for? Thanks in advance.

Happy Tuesday!!!
Thanks for the kudos Jayce. I'm such a creature of habit, so I'll have to make a habit out of working full time!

The weird thing about all of this is it fell in my lap. One week exactly from application to job offer. What's that old saying? "When opportunity knocks, open the dang door"! I'm not going to bluff, it's scary to me. It's way outside my comfort zone, and I am no spring chicken. If this works out for me I can take it all the way to retirement! Olive Garden is getting harder to do, physically. I miss all the great shifts because it's too much on me. This job can be done at any age as long as the brain is working. Probably the biggest downside is the hours. I could easily (most likely) be working 3-11:45pm until I get enough seniority. The morning shifts are coveted and given to those with tenure. The bright side of this is I can still garden and shop for supplies during the day. DH is totally on board, so the greatest obstacle is not a problem. I hope I pass the final tests (background & health assessment. I know the credit check and drug test will be fine.

I went into this on a lark. If I don't get it, nothing ventured/nothing gained.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the response, Sunday...I'm going to look into that thread you posted. I've used ACV before, but I know it can be taken for multiple things.

Blonde, sounds like this job may be meant to be...happy for all the good news so far.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #207
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH GIRL, huge KUDOS to you! You did it! I knew you would. I am so proud of you. Those hours do stink, but think about, you get to sleep in every day!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I think this is wonderful! I'm so very happy for you. On to the next exciting stage of your life......
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day! Hope you're having a great day, lady.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Saga Continues...Part Deux

Yesterday I was asked for a paystub for a job I held 8 years ago. What??? The 'backround' check has begun. Unbelievably I found a W-2 for 2004, miraculous. The company is no longer in business so it would have been impossible to contact them. I also found my college transcript to show my GPA. 3.5. Again, I try to keep a cool head. I'm so easily rattled. This morning I asked DD the Elder if she would fax something for me if I drop by her work. She said "Sure! If it's not for Geico...." She really is against me going to work there. She thinks it will be a huge mistake, I'll be miserable and will waste my time because I won't stay. The fact is, I'm apprehensive, wouldn't anyone be? It's a major change, but I really believe it is a fantastic opportunity. I wish she would be more supportive but truthfully she's just the vocal one...my other DD is also concerned but quiet about it.

I'm more than apprehensive, I'm scared. Fear of failure is my least favorite emotion, but I am afraid. When I was told to find a pay stub yesterday I swear, a part of me wished I wouldn't find anything, and it would all be moot. But then the little miracle, there it is, a W-2. The really worrying thing is how this has all come about, like it was supposed to happen. I won't say easy, the testing was ridiculous...but I went through it the nonchalance of someone who didn't care if I failed it. I did my best, but I didn't worry about it. DD the Elder told me after the application that I shouldn't do it. Know what I said? "They're not gonna hire me". And here I am waiting on a background check that I feel will be exemplary. It's almost like I'm on a path of ice, sliding toward the inevitable. Kismet? Fate? Sheer blind luck? I'm so afraid I won't get hired. I'm so afraid I will. Sadly, I can only say this here.