Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Your plan and name for today sound great!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Jayce, thank you for your support! I love 'Healing day', the simple reminder of why I'm doing this at all. To heal.

Dani! Is it a healing day for you, too? I've had 2 cups of black coffee and two hard boiled eggs. I'm thinking when I feel munch-y I'll probably have some baby carrots to occupy my mouth for a while.

Hi Sea Breezes, yes I'm so excited to have renamed my DD's. It's just so much more positive!

Listen Ladies,

I've been watching documentaries. So far I've seen Forks Over Knives, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, Food Matters, and the latest...Hungry for Change. Yes these are 'vegetarian' and 'vegan' people for the most part but that doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. What have I taken away from this? For the most part WHOLE foods are best. The less processing the better. Read labels avidly. Avoid high fructose corn syrup (or any franken-food as much as possible). MSG makes mice very fat, that's what they feed them to get them fat in the first place. MSG is in so many things and goes by so many different names. Fruits and veggies are good. Nuts are good. Organic anything is better if we can afford it. Boxes and cans of food are mostly processed. Fresh and frozen is better. Watch for chemical additives in foods. My next film to tackle is called Food INC.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-18-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yes, it's a DD..my UD's correspond more with DH's days more..hence my 2 UD's the last couple .. I've had a protein shake and that's it..so far so good..I'm a bit hungry now but just because I've been cleaning like a mad woman today..figured if I had the energy might as well go with it

All the stuff you describe, sounds like the afternoon I spent with Jillian Michaels. No joke. We went over all of that! Learning to buy more organic..she has a list of certain ones she does truly urge to buy organic if you can't afford to eat all organic. it's her dirty dozen: apples, celery, bell peppers, cherrys, grapes, lettuce, nectarines, peaches, pears, potatoes, spinach, strawberries..

Clean 15: less pesticide residue due to thick skin or their natural ability to protect itself without chemicals; asparagus, avocado, cabbage, canteloupe, corn, eggplant, grapefruit, kiwi, mango, onions, pineapple, sweet onions, sweet peas, sweet potatoes/yams, watermelon...these ones she says are "ok" to buy the cheaper versions

Trying to stick with all whole foods, less processed..I'll admit tho, getting DH off this mindset is HARD! Stubborness at it's finest!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Blonde, great idea to go more organic. I did read somewhere that to get the pesticides off fruit w/skins (oranges, etc) is to soak in a sink of water with a couple of drops of grapefruit seed extract. It does work. I used the GSE brand years ago and it purifies water if you're out of the country and can't get bottled. If you can't get this, a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide. The only things I'm going to do is buy organic rice, grains, and sugar. And stay away from HFCS and corn oils. Only coconut oil and olive oil. I do have to be selective about what I can afford. On my PHD I'm supposed to do grass fed beef and salmon. Give me a break. Can't think of affording that. But I can afford things like fresh veggies, canned oysters and sardines. Regular meat will have to do. It will be fresh and not processed. Keep up the good work. Your mood seems to be more positive.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Dani, thanks for the lists! So Jillian Michaels is talking the same stuff lots are talking. Also there is huge movement in eating for gut health. Wheat is quickly becoming persona non grata in the healthy foods category. I must say, it gets to me fast when I eat it. I had a hamburger with BUN on Sunday and Panda chow mein yesterday. I woke up with an aching hip and a wheeze that I did not have two days ago. I'm pounding that nail until I drive it home, just like not smoking. Hope you're hanging tough!

Lindy I love your food choices, and I love that you're feeling so good on PHD! Yes, expense is a factor, for sure. I do what I can and try not to sweat the small stuff. Right now I'm paying attention to what I'm NOT putting in my mouth, HFCS, unhealthy oil, MSG in all it's crazy forms, chemically made artificial sweeteners, franken-food, hydrogenated oils, trans fats etc.

You're right my mood is much more positive, I've made a decision and working JUDDD has worked for me. I still want to stick to the basics of my first post regarding food and sugar. This way I won't have to sweat it so much.

I've just come back from the grocery store and I'm about to sit down and mac on some carrots. My dinner plan tonight is chicken breast and salad w/dressing (280) plus (150) for breakfast and carrots sanck (35) = (465). That allows leeway if I want a cup of almond milk or another boiled egg later.

One thing to note: Having coffee black is not much fun but it saves calories for food, and not having the creamer seemed to keep my hunger at bay a bit longer.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, it seems as if she is. She does talk about something about gut health and resetting metabolism in her book..I don't know much about it tho' because I never finished the book.

I used to think that wheat was the reason for my joint issues, all the aches and pains I've had but then it all started happening regardless of what I've eaten.. it all gets very confusing after awhile. I do make an effort to keep away from most wheat tho because I do believe that it keeps me more bloated than usually.

Using HWC in my coffee always kept me fuller longer..I've been staying away from coffee the last few weeks to see how I do....but then I saw these this weekend..

Old 06-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dammit, I am NOT buying that.

Wheat blows me up. It makes me cry. Yes, it depresses me. It gives me brain fog and joint aches, makes me wheeze. Makes me crave more wheat and wheat products. I actually think I may do better on JUDDD because I've eliminated almost all wheat from my diet this time and won't be having 'pizza-binges' cookie cravings etc. Ice cream is off the list as well, because of the sugar or the artificial sweeteners which suck anyway. These are things I've stopped eating regardless of dieting. If I do decide to have ice cream it's going to be that one with only milk, cream, sugar and eggs...or something like that.Now...I've had gluten free 'oreo's" and they were BOMB, but haven't had the urge to go buy more. Not like with wheats.

Okay, I'm off the soap box and getting a bit hungry. DH will be home in an hour, then it's chow time!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

I know, right?! That's exactly what I said as I ran from the dairy case

I've certainly seen first hand what wheat does to my kid, I'll tell ya that! It's been tough and kinda bumpy..heck, she's a teenager and she's handled it better than I would have at her age! She's finding "kid stuff" that is still acceptable...cheetos, m&m's, and tortilla chips..but still, I dunno how I'd do. She's been a trooper for sure, and is now able to see how much better she feels. The weight loss (bloat?) was alarming at first but when I looked at a chart I'd started for her during this it started only after she eliminated everything wheat. She was in about a loose 10 and is now in a 4-6..she's thrilled. If only it were my only problem!

Enjoy din-din! I've got chicken to grill, haven't decided if I'm gonna eat any or not..not so hungry atm. lots of water tho so I'd consider today a win!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Danielle, I'm checking in before bed. I came in under 500 and I'm completely happy that I did. I can hardly wait for breakfast!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

You did awesome!!!! I had a pretty good day, came in around 800 cals.. I haven't decided how low I want to go on DD's, yet. I may continue with higher cals until there's an issue..

Have a great day!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 2 up day

Yay Danielle

I slept really well last night, did you? Today is my anniversary, 36 married...39 years together. We're going to try to have some fun today if we can remember how!

Breakfast was hash browns and BLT's. YUM!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Awww...Happy Anniversary! My goal is to be in a relationship like that.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

I did sleep really well. However, I dunno if it was from the plan or the fact that I ran myself into the ground with cleaning projects all day I'm feelling somewhat tired still this morning, altho I did wake up at like 5am WIDE AWAKE...and so it starts! Last time I did this, I woke up before the sun most mornings!!

Enjoy your day together!! Happy anniversary!!! Fun goes away really fast if you don't keep at it.. DH and I have to really work on it every week because we truly let it slide for years and years..I'm determined to keep it going forever now.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #164
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Happy anniversary!!!! enjoy your day!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Have a wonderful day. We will celebrate 45 years in August....
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Happy Anniversary and congratulations on your successful "Healing Day"!!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #167

Hey girlie - how goes it?? Today is a HEALING day for us! I hope I get a LOT of HEALING done!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey Blonde, sorry I missed your anniversary. Hope it was a terrific one.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Awww...Happy Anniversary! My goal is to be in a relationship like that.
Thank you! Jayce that is a wonderful goal to have! It goes so fast and I've been so blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I did sleep really well. However, I dunno if it was from the plan or the fact that I ran myself into the ground with cleaning projects all day I'm feelling somewhat tired still this morning, altho I did wake up at like 5am WIDE AWAKE...and so it starts! Last time I did this, I woke up before the sun most mornings!!

Enjoy your day together!! Happy anniversary!!! Fun goes away really fast if you don't keep at it.. DH and I have to really work on it every week because we truly let it slide for years and years..I'm determined to keep it going forever now.

Thanks Dani! I'm sore from running the push mower around my yard yesterday. Where did that come from? I actually felt really energized yesterday and was up until 11 last night (unheard of). We do need to plan more fun here. Dinner out was nice. Are you healing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Have a wonderful day. We will celebrate 45 years in August....
45 years!! That is awesome! Congrats to you. What's your secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Happy Anniversary and congratulations on your successful "Healing Day"!!
Thank you! How are you doing Sherrie? I'm happy to see you back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Hey girlie - how goes it?? Today is a HEALING day for us! I hope I get a LOT of HEALING done!
Yes, healing day! I really love that terminology, for me it gives it a whole new healthy and positive spin. I'm looking forward to the lightness of being. Hope yours is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Hey Blonde, sorry I missed your anniversary. Hope it was a terrific one.
Thanks Lindy, it was really good. We spent the day together, did yard work in the front of the house, had tea and lunch out back with the wild birds and the old dogs. Had a late nap, went out to dinner and came home. It was a really good day.

Black coffee again this morning. It really helps to save calories for food, and I don't drink as much. I was way too attached to the creamer. Today it's not so bad, so maybe I will adjust and get off the creamer for good. My plan is to hold off on eating as long as possible then have a boiled egg or two for my first meal and chicken and salad for dinner.

We may get down to the beach today for a walk. Tonight DH has band rehearsal then a day gig tomorrow. The weekend is here!! Yay!!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH is in a tizzy because he can't find baking soda in my kitchen...WTH, I don't bake!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made a special trip to the grocer to get baking soda so DH could clean the connectors on the car battery...when I got back, he had found some...in his tool chest in the garage.

I'm feeling very positive today. I had a boiled egg about 9am and I'm thinking of having lentil soup and salad as my meal today. I'd like to know how much satiety I can get from bean soup. I only had one cup of coffee. Maybe if I can do that for a few days I can wean myself off. Not sure why I feel the need to do that, maybe because black coffee is merely tolerable and not much of a treat. It would be nice to wake up and not have to stagger blindly to the kitchen for my daily fix. IDK. I'm playing it by ear. DH is one with trouble sleeping, he should get off the coffee too.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
DH is in a tizzy because he can't find baking soda in my kitchen...WTH, I don't bake!!!
OMG! I laughed and laughed! These thoughts are what make me love reading your blog.

I love when grumpy ol' man asks for something that I have never seen in our house and pretty sure we don't own. WTH?

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and thank you for the great health advice. I am thrilled to be on the upward mend. Dear friend, you are one strong woman if you have had pneumonia twice, because it nearly took me down. Thank you for your words!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

What a great day you 2 had! Today sounds great too!

You sound positive, I love love love love it!!!
I could never drink coffee black I haven't had any for about 3 weeks now..I'm sad to say, I miss it. ALOT. I may opt for some on UD's, I'll have to think about it some more. I cut down on my diet soda consumption to just 1 glass at dinnertime and going to try and eliminate it altogether.. I've just gotten some horrendous headaches since cutting out coffee and reducing the diet pop from my plan..1 glass kinda makes everything feel ok.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

8:30pm Healing Day~ I made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
OMG! I laughed and laughed! These thoughts are what make me love reading your blog.

I love when grumpy ol' man asks for something that I have never seen in our house and pretty sure we don't own. WTH?

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and thank you for the great health advice. I am thrilled to be on the upward mend. Dear friend, you are one strong woman if you have had pneumonia twice, because it nearly took me down. Thank you for your words!
Hey Sunday, I'm so glad I made you laugh! Are you feeling a bit better? Pneumonia sucks, please take it easy as long as you can and sip bone broth til you're all better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
What a great day you 2 had! Today sounds great too!

You sound positive, I love love love love it!!!
I could never drink coffee black I haven't had any for about 3 weeks now..I'm sad to say, I miss it. ALOT. I may opt for some on UD's, I'll have to think about it some more. I cut down on my diet soda consumption to just 1 glass at dinnertime and going to try and eliminate it altogether.. I've just gotten some horrendous headaches since cutting out coffee and reducing the diet pop from my plan..1 glass kinda makes everything feel ok.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!!
Hey Danielle, I do feel positive. Taking a stand and following through helps a lot. Regaining faith in myself. As for the coffee I'm not ready to stop yet and I've realized I want to eat more than have cream in my coffee. I have absolutely given up diet soda. I never realized what a chemical concoction it is. I only want to put good stuff in. I bought some cold brew tea bags today to use instead of soda.

Well I made it through the day, stayed under 500. I got a bit emotional earlier over the trimming of the tree in my front yard. I didn't want it trimmed, DH trimmed it anyway. I got teary then I got mad and cleaned my whole kitchen. Scrubbed it raw so to speak. I'm sitting here sipping vanilla chai tea with a speck of stevia in it and hot flashing like crazy. Seriously my hair at my neck is soaked like I've been running a marathon. Must be the tea.

Okay girls I did something on a whim on Monday and now I'm biting my nails over it. My son's lovely girlfriend works for the insurance company that has that adorable gekko. She sort of threw it out there on the weekend that I should apply. On a whim I filled out an online application for Claims Rep on Monday and now tomorrow morning I'm going in for a Computer Knowledge test!! Yep, they called me yesterday and wanted me to come in today (but I was too scared) and said I already had plans for today. I don't think I'll get the job, I have no experience in insurance but the job pays 35K a year, is full time with benefits. Am I nuts to rock my lovely boat? I've been feeling rather useless lately like I'm drifting along and not carrying my fair share. All I can do is go, and if I'm hired then I'll worry about it right?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I made a special trip to the grocer to get baking soda so DH could clean the connectors on the car battery...when I got back, he had found some...in his tool chest in the garage.
of coarse that is where it was! Now that is hilarious!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #176

What have you got to lose? I say, GO FOR IT! See what happens. You may be exactly what they are looking for! I can't wait to hear out it goes....if it doesn't go well, WHO CARES??? , right??
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nourish Day

Monica, right! If I don't get hired, who cares ? I needed to hear that this morning. It's not like I'm not already employed. I'm up and at 'em, getting my face on and having coffee. I have to leave in an hour and man I'm anxious.

Today is a Nourish day. After my test I'm coming back home for breakfast!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good luck!

Things will happen as they should -- take a deep breath & enjoy the ride!

Happy Friday, Blondie!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck! Love your attitude. Your personality will win them over, I am certain!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
of coarse that is where it was! Now that is hilarious!!!!!!
Imagine that!