Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 AM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sunday you have been missed! I hope you can convince your Mom to move closer to you.....

Seems we all hang together here, no matter what's going on, the support is amazing, as you know. Check in when you can or you just need some encouragement. Life is so tough, it's great to have so many who care.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #1202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD #4

Spring break is upon us and the Grand girls will be here any minute. I'll drop them back with Mom, then off to work...the rest of the week I'll have them all day. I usually take them to the park but it's going to be so hot this week...

I'm slowly getting my JUDDD legs back and I feel very positive about it doing it again. I'm jsut going every other day. I think I can control one of the weekend days, at least for now. I'm going to be UP on Easter Sunday. Last Sunday I went to a party and they had all these goodies...I brought some home for my up day, had a taste of each and then tossed them. Juddd or not, I still have sugar issues and best to stay away from it.

I think this year Easter will be a BBQ, the weather calls for it anyway.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Spring break is upon us and the Grand girls will be here any minute. I'll drop them back with Mom, then off to work...the rest of the week I'll have them all day. I usually take them to the park but it's going to be so hot this week...

I'm slowly getting my JUDDD legs back and I feel very positive about it doing it again. I'm jsut going every other day. I think I can control one of the weekend days, at least for now. I'm going to be UP on Easter Sunday. Last Sunday I went to a party and they had all these goodies...I brought some home for my up day, had a taste of each and then tossed them. Juddd or not, I still have sugar issues and best to stay away from it.

I think this year Easter will be a BBQ, the weather calls for it anyway.
Good for you being able to throw the treats away with just one taste of each!

Completely jealous of your Southern California weather. It's still cold and gloomy here. Very much enjoying reading back in your journal
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #1204
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Look at you ROCKING the JUDDD back into your plan! I will be joining you after Easter! I hope this finds you doing well! ENJOY the GRANDS over Spring Break. If my parents were closer, I know my DD12 would have spent more time with them. She was lucky, Mom/Dad came and stayed at our house the Monday/Tuesday of Spring Break. She was sad when they left. THey live 2 hours from us, not far, but with practices during the week....she couldn't go and come back often enough as needed!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #1205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Blonde! Look at you with your JUDD rotations over there...way to go!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #1206
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like a fun week with the grands! And an Easter BBQ sounds just right - that may be what we do too.

Have a great DD today! It does come back to you, doesn't it? Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #1207
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Enjoy the grandgirls today!! They're so lucky to have you

Proud of you for working your program like the bad@$$ you are!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #1208

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
You gotta just pass on the junk I swear I have to literally run through the bakery section, too long and I am too tempted, LOL I look my pants are fire smacking into people, and then there is always the mom with the kids lingering! Ughgh!!!!

Enjoy your Easter, I am so glad the kids are older and like $$$!!! Although my son has been eating his favorite peanut butter eggs for weeks!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:38 AM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wednesday~UP DAY~Hump Day...yada yada....

Oh my gosh! Look at all the love I got this morning!

DeeDee~ Thanks for comin' over! Don't be too proud of me about tossin' the sweet treats...if it had been pizza I would have eaten every single bite! I'm a savory girl. Happy to know you and have a new JUDDD friend!

Mornin' Monica! With all the ugly stuff going on the last few weeks I'm so happy to have the Grand girls this week. They are the bomb! Looking forward to you joining your JUDDD buddds after Easter. I feel like the first time, I'm committed and it feels normal. and good.

Hey Jaimie!! Good to see you! Yep I'm rotating like a tornado over here. You are kicking butt at the gym...I need to do that too! One obstacle at a time?

Carol, yep it does come back! I think fear kept me away, but there are much scarier things to be afraid of...fasting is a paper tiger. How are your DD's going?

Danielle~ you made me giggle! I don't think of myself as a bad@$$! Thanks for the awesome complement! I'm lucky to have those grand girls...they delight and challenge me. The 10 year old knows everything but will allow that I have some knowledge, the 8 year old is still pliable and has a temper. They are precious to me. The precioussssss.

Amber...speaking of peanut butter eggs...there has been candy in this house for a couple of weeks, among the stash...white chocolate peanut butter eggs...I can resist, no problem. Every time someone comes I hand them out...DD the Elder said she would send me the Dentist bill.

Well, my DD Tuesday was perfect. Now I don't like to use that word, it implies that not perfect is imperfection...but really it was perfect. 1 LC shake for breakfast and 1 salad with chicken for dinner. Some where in between, at one point, I felt kinda nauseous...but it passed. Went to bed not hungry, slept well and woke up feeling 'flatter' in the abdomen, my favorite feeling!

Today is going to be another HOT day...record breaking heat here in SoCal. I'm taking the GG's to lunch but first we'll spend a little time at the park this morning before the sum gets too broil-y or not...depends on how quickly it heats up. I have to water everything again this morning in order to keep it alive!

Hope you all have a great day, Spring weather for those still waiting, blue skies, fair wind and all that it brings.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #1210

waking up feeling FLATTER in the tummy, that is GREAT! SIgn me up for that! I love the White Chocolate PB Eggs! Good job at handing them out. Enjoy the DAY!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #1211
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm with you, I'm a savory girl most of the time too. But I have to say, those white chocolate eggs sound pretty yummy!

Good for you for your perfect DD. It does feel so good when they finish up and feel good like that. And feeling that flatter stomach - that's a great feeling! Enjoy!

DDs are going good for me so far. I think since I'm allowing myself more calories on UDs, the DDs are not such a big deal. DD today, and sipping on my black coffee.

Enjoy those GGs today!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #1212

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
WTH did I post? LOL It is all jumbled up!

Anyway hope you got the drift!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #1213
Blabbermouth!!!

You are on fire, chicky! And yes, you are a total bad@$$...

Those girls will grow up feeling so blessed and lucky to have been able to spend the time they have with you...it truly is an amazing gift.

Amber, I was cracking up reading your last post! All I can envision is you running through the bakery with your tail feathers a-blazin!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Oh my gosh! Look at all the love I got this morning!

Well, my DD Tuesday was perfect. Now I don't like to use that word, it implies that not perfect is imperfection...but really it was perfect. 1 LC shake for breakfast and 1 salad with chicken for dinner. Some where in between, at one point, I felt kinda nauseous...but it passed. Went to bed not hungry, slept well and woke up feeling 'flatter' in the abdomen, my favorite feeling!

Hope you all have a great day, Spring weather for those still waiting, blue skies, fair wind and all that it brings.
That sounds like a wonderful DD! There's nothing better than waking up feeling flatter. Going to bed not hungry on a DD is also pretty special.

I think your well wishes brought spring to New York, so thank you!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #1215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica we are ALL signed up for the flatter tummy club!

Carol the GG's and I had a nice day. Thank you! I do wish I could drink my coffee black! I realize that I don't even like it, if I don't have creamer in it. DD for me today. I think my main meal will be Souplantation salad and a Shake for dinner.

Amber:lol: Your post cracked me up, and I could feel the passionate tail-blazing run through the bakery section!

Dani~ I have so many wonderful memories of spending time with my grandmother. We would take long walks in the woods behind our house when I lived in Missouri. I still miss her.

DeeDee~Yay, Spring in New York! I'm so happy for you and Amber! I know it's been a very hard winter for so many of my LCF's. Are the flowering trees in bloom?

Had a great up day yesterday, had lunch out with the little girls. I had some Portobella Ravioli for lunch..not low carb but lower calorie. When we got back home I sorta just faded. I know I'm carb sensitive and pasta is not the best idea for me. I need to remember these things. It was very hot here again and we all stayed inside. My only complaint...I wish my daughter had bought two Kindle Fires. There is a constant bickering about whose turn it is. I finally told them very calmly, if you can't share then I'll ask Mom to leave it home tomorrow. That was the end of that.

Just coffee so far today. Gonna hold out as long as I can, preferably not to eat anything before lunch...my DD salad may take up much of my calorie allotment for the day...in fat calories from dressing. At home I use Walden Farms mixed with taco sauce () but I don't think I want that on my Lunch salad today.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 04-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #1216
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad you had a great day with the kiddos. I didn't ever get to spend time like that with my grandparents, at all.... my kids, especially DS did get to spend some major quality time with my parents despite living 8 hrs away from them.. he would spend summers with them, and breaks...and as each of the girls got old enough to be away for a while they'd go too.. Well, up until all the cray-cray got let out of the jar a few years ago

Sounds like you are owning JUDDD

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #1217
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you had a great UD yesterday! How old are the little girls? Sometimes ravioli just needs to be had, but I also struggle with trying to remind myself of how some foods make me feel afterward instead of focusing on how they taste. I have a hidden box of Girl Scout Samoas in my freezer for just that reason. If I see them, I want them, but more than one and I feel awful.

The flowers are blooming and I even heard birds chirping this morning! Spring is so welcome after this past winter.

Full fat dressing on a salad is the only way I can manage to get veggies in. How are the Walden Farms dressings? Hope you have a great rest of your DD!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #1218

You should mention to your daughter that getting an extra one would be helpful. They aren't horribly expensive.

We had friends who for years had their 2 children SHARE a CELL PHONE. It caused MAJOR issues constantly. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. It was a mess each time either one of the kids had it
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #1219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spring Spring Spring

I apologize again for my long absence. Dang where does the time go?

Dani~ Never let the cray-cray out of the jar, it will never fit back in! Juddd was going gangbusters, then had two up days in a row, then tried to quit the very small amount of ciggy smoking I've been doing since this whole 'family' debacle started. I swear, I'm a strong woman, but every time someone in the family dies I take to cigs like a duck to water. I know better. I do it anyway. I'm winning (mostly) that battle, doing LC and hoping to get back to JUDDD next week when the GG's go back to school and life settles back down (for the moment).

DeeDee~ the girls are 10 and 8, going on 35 and 9 respectively. The 8 year old informed her mother the other day that "Boys have penises and girls have....Vinegars. Yes she did My favorite things in the world are misplaced words. This one took the cake. Ah, ravioli...if a magic genie granted me three wishes one would be to end my love for pasta and bread. My diet would work so much better. I love singing birds! I have a yard full, I feed them every morning and sometimes in the afternoon if they've been particularly 'piggy'. Makes my day. In my fridge , there is no such thing as a hidden box of cookies...I have exray vision.

Monica, a 2nd one (Kindle) would be better for sure. I can't imagine having to share a cell phone! Of course when I was a kid there was no cell phone, not even 'call-waiting'. When your parents had to do an emergency 'interrupt' to get you to get off the home phone, you knew you were in big trouble.

As I eluded to earlier, I'm trying to back off the cigs and mostly succeeding all though I have to admit that right this second I want to jump in the car and go to 7-11.....I've been doing tons of laundry and housework and attempting to read something in order to keep my mind occupied. I finally finished Gone Girl and I'm excited to hear they are making a movie!! Of course I know the ending but still, pretty cool. We now have three tomato plants and two Japanese Cucumbers in the ground. I've also added two Hostas to the three Hydrangea I have in the front. It's shady there after 12:00 and perfect for water loving plants. I watch the Finches come into to the front yard and eat the 'fluff' off of the dandelions. Easter is just around the corner.

Hope you are all doing well, I'll try to be more regular (teehee) about posting!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #1220

Tell me what you thought of Gone girl? I think I might enjoy that! My book club read it, but it was when my DS was having issues, so I just skipped it.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #1221
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so happy to see you!

You'll get the cig thing under control, I know it!!

Gone girl! I cannot wait for the movie.. oh and the author, she went and penned a different ending so NO ONE knows how it's gonna end! I read that book in 2 days...I love all of her books.

Enjoy the grands, and life will settle soon enough. LC eating will be good at settling your world and JUDDD will be up and running once again
Old 04-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #1222
Big Yapper!!!!

Good to see you back, Blonde! Keep strong on the cigarette thing! You can do it! It's strange how we always lean towards unhealthy habits in times of stress. Too bad our bodies and minds don't crave more health-giving things like long walks, salads, meditation. But nope. It's ice cream, cigs, and vodka gimlets! Well, for me just the ice cream and gimlets - the cigs, thankfully, are a thing of the past.

I need to read Gone girl before the movie hits. I've got a list the length of my arm of books I want to read!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica~Gone Girl ~ Fabulous Book! Not what I would call a 'fast' read, but I enjoyed every nail biting, nerve twisting, brain teasing, eye popping, second of it.

Danielle~ I have really enjoyed the GG's, I love them to pieces...but this ol' lady isn't used to having people under foot all day long, plus it has put my work schedule off somewhat. Not a big deal. I think they miss school as well. I had a DD yesterday by accident, it started off as LC but by dinner I wasn't very hungry and just had sugar snap peas, steamed and dipped in a little EVOO mayo...followed by a tablespoon of extra chunky PB for dessert...

Carol~ Mmmm...vodka gimlet. Ice cold. Yeah, cigs are like this weird calmer to me. I hate that I'm weak like that. I have not stopped completely but am having one when I can no longer stand not having one.

Up day today and I think I will continue with LC anyway. Been doing some reading about it and thinking that backing the hell off of high carb foods and sugar will make me feel better and more in control. Isn't it always about control???
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #1224
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I could totally see how having little ones around on a consistent basis, after not having that for awhile would be quite the adjustment. Have you been off work this entire week?

Incredibly excited for Gone Girl...they couldn't have picked a more fitting director. And, hey, who doesn't love Benny Afleck!

I still get a hankering for a cig every once in awhile...which is strange because when I quit way back when, I *tried* actually picking it up again after having DS and I just could not handle it anymore So strange! A good strange, bt still weird nonetheless But, I think when I've had that craving for one is when I'm actually feeling deprived with dieting and feeling emotional with it...

Any plans with the kiddos today?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #1225
Big Yapper!!!!

I seem to always find my way back to LC too. And for sure it's about control. Somehow I can get my carby/sugary indiscretions under control and just feel so much better. I guess for me it's just a periodic reset of sorts. Plus, I love fat and protein!

Have a great day with the girls!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #1226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gluten-Free Grain-Free Sandwich Buns

I just made these this morning in my whoopie pie pan! I followed the recipe except : I used all monterey jack cuz I had no Mozz and I used vanilla flavored protein powder cuz that's all I had. It didn't make one bit of difference. Delicious! I ate one right out of the pan with deli turkey and a slice of cheese and I have eight more!! They are the perfect size for sliders. I am in LC heaven right now. WOO HOO!!!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-17-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Yeah, I could totally see how having little ones around on a consistent basis, after not having that for awhile would be quite the adjustment. Have you been off work this entire week?

Incredibly excited for Gone Girl...they couldn't have picked a more fitting director. And, hey, who doesn't love Benny Afleck!

I still get a hankering for a cig every once in awhile...which is strange because when I quit way back when, I *tried* actually picking it up again after having DS and I just could not handle it anymore So strange! A good strange, bt still weird nonetheless But, I think when I've had that craving for one is when I'm actually feeling deprived with dieting and feeling emotional with it...

Any plans with the kiddos today?
Yes it takes some getting used to...and summer is almost here. No work this week, I gave away my shifts. There was a major computer glitch on Tuesday at OG all the registers went down, we could only take cash, people were seriously P.o.'d and there were no Gnocchis for the Chicken and Gnocchi soup. My DD was crazed by the time she finally got off work. all of the credit cards tken early before the mess had to be manually input. I am NOT sorry I missed it.

Soup Plantation w/ the kiddies and my BFF in about an hour and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I seem to always find my way back to LC too. And for sure it's about control. Somehow I can get my carby/sugary indiscretions under control and just feel so much better. I guess for me it's just a periodic reset of sorts. Plus, I love fat and protein!

Have a great day with the girls!
Yeah, I love me some good protein as well. I would LIKE to eat like the vegans do, but I cannot sustain the WOE and after a couple of weeks, nothing satisfies me, I just want to lick on stick of butter. I can do LC if I plan well and making those buns this morning just had me in Happy Land!

Of course I didn't wander much from the recipe, it being my first time, but I can really see how added spices would make it even better...like onion powder, and/or Italian seasonings, dill, Herbs de Provence...or even cinnamon and maple flavoring for a sweeter treat. My buns look just like the picture!! I mean my GF buns.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-17-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #1228

big plans for the Holiday weekend girl???
Old 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #1229
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG, I would not have wanted to be at work either!! I always loathed when technology failed me in the middle of crazy busy business.. Hopefully by the time you head back in all those glitches will be done and over.

Great time with the BFF and the kiddos yesterday?

Plans for the weekend?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #1230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Easter to everyone! Going to DD the elders today for dinner and family time. Tomorrow back on track with JUDDD. The past week was difficult for dieting but I'm counting on a smooth transition DD Monday. Still struggling with the ciggies, but I got myself some nic patches (3rd step) and i should be feeling better by the end of next week.

Rhetorical question: Why o why do I do this to myself???