Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #1171
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so sorry to hear that Blonde. She must have really been struggling to do that. What a huge responsibility you have there, being executor. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. Glad to have you back!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So sorry you had to go through all of that grief. I'm sure this will affect all of you for a while.

We missed you and are glad you are back.

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #1173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I'm glad to be back! Yes this is going to be hard for awhile. My brother's wife never wanted anything to do with the rest of the family, he was her whole world. We reached out to her many times and were met with a polite "Thank you, I'm fine". Of course hind sight is 20/20 and we have all anguished over what more we could have done, how we could have tried harder, or pushed more. That's probably the worst part. she had been planning it for a long time and left as much information for us as she could. My hope is that she is finally at peace. I threw away bottle after bottle of hard core painkillers out of her fridge, she could have done the job several times with what she had accumulated. I hope it's not too upsetting to say this here, it's something that keeps bothering me. How would someone get so many RX's for a drug that is 'watched' carefully? We have a long way to go before we can put this behind us. The anonymity here allows me to talk about it without breaking her confidence. The saddest thing...it was at least two weeks before anyone found her. She left me a heartbreaking letter of loneliness and loss, her missing my brother so much and not being able to continue. She said she had stayed way longer than she wanted to.

I appreciate your love and concern. I'm going to be okay, I'm so lucky to have friends and family to lean on.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #1174
Big Yapper!!!!

That is absolutely heartbreaking. We just never know what someone else is going through. I hope she's at peace, like you said, and happily with her true love again.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #1175
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how you feel. I am sure she was sad/lonely. I wish she would have allowed others in.

As for the presciptions. with all the Dr's we need now a days. One for XX , another for XX. When my sister had cancer, she had a surgeon/onocologist/general MD . Each prescirbing her a month of vicadin at a time. So 3 months worth that she would go through in 3 weeks. IT HAPPENS that is for certain! Praying for your family and your SIL's family!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #1176
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thinking of you, friend
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 AM   #1177

Good vibes sent your way
Old 04-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

G'Morning Fair Ladies~

As always, your love and support lifts me.

Monica, that's pretty shocking. 3 month of pills all at once? I remember when my brother passed they (Hospice) removed all of his RX's for pain from the house. My SIL had RX's in my brother's name and hers. Weird.

Carol, I do hope they've found each other!

Danielle~ Thanks Honey Bun. I feel the good vibes.

Going back to work yesterday was tiring but really good...it made me feel normal for the first time in a few weeks. I also managed to pull off a 'down day', and I did it on purpose. We've been living on junk food, fast food, missed meals..and late nights. I was starting to physically feel rotten and what started out as a plan to eat better just for today, turned into a down day. This has given me the mental lift I need to get back on track. Seems selfish to be thinking about my diet during this time, but you know if I don't take care of me, who will?

After work I went online and was able to file a change of address for my SIL's mail and have it sent to me here. I was worried about going on a two hour round trip to get her mail. It was fairly simple and a relief. I still need to make a trip into downtown San Diego and a get death certificate to finish up with official business. I don't know how long it will take to put all of this in order. I figure, awhile. One day at a time. I have not contacted a lawyer for myself...I'm not sure if I need one. There's no money in the estate and I would have to pay out of pocket. Perhaps a consult is in order?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #1179

I am glad you have gotten a bit back into your routine. Know you are still in my prayers. Wish I could help about the lawyer. I really have no idea
Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #1180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I submitted a question to Legal Zoom this morning....
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #1181
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad that working yesterday turned out to be a really good thing for you. So proud of you for completing a DD and thrilled that it turned into something great!!!

I dunno about the lawyer-y stuff... I have a BIL who's one, but yeah, you know.... Maybe if I trade the sister's background check for a consult? No?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm glad that working yesterday turned out to be a really good thing for you. So proud of you for completing a DD and thrilled that it turned into something great!!!

I dunno about the lawyer-y stuff... I have a BIL who's one, but yeah, you know.... Maybe if I trade the sister's background check for a consult? No?

You are hilarious!!! Made my morning!

Hubby has a free consult at work so we're going to start there, then Legal Zoom has a pay monthly program...maybe. IDK.

Thanks for the atta girl re: JUDDD. It feels good to have a set plan in place. I know I waffle all the time, like some lunatic. That's why I come here, no one judges at least not to my face.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #1183
Big Yapper!!!!

No one's judging you here AT ALL! You did great getting a DD under your belt, and I bet it actually felt great after all that junk. Your body is begging you to feed it good stuff.

I'm glad you've got some legal resources to pursue. It's a scary thing.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #1184
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad I could make you laugh!

Glad that DH hopefully can get some help with the law stuff, that would be great not to have to go much further.

Oh please! If you waffle, I waffle...we'll all waffle...it'll be waffle anarchy!

Just glad that YOU are comfortable with what you are doing. That is all that matters!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Mmmm...waffles.

Sorry, I got distracted.

Happy Friday, Blonde! You're doing well with everything going on. Proud of ya!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #1186

Did someone say WAFFLES??? I love those!

Girl, you do what you have to do! Lawyers, they rule the world! Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #1187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You girls are crackin' me up with your waffling!

I got an email this morning about a FREE online Diabetes Summit coming in May. I registered for it, I'm pre-diabetic and very interested in what they have to say about nutrtion etc. If you go to the link you can register and also download a FREE e-book. Jus' Sayin'

Reversing Diabetes World Summit | Reversing Diabetes World Summit

Oh it's freezing in my house this morning!! The only warm thing about me...my feet, firmly planted in my UGGS. I swear it's warmer outside than in. 2nd DD today. I'm gonna do the same routine as Wednesday...a couple of LC shakes and a DD salad w/ Chicken. Feeling very motivated!

Not to be gushy but I want to tell you all again how much I appreciate your love and support and good humor. You keep me going, make me smile, make me feel a part of such a special group of Ladies.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #1188
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I got something for that summit thing too... I admit that I am somewhat perplexed when it comes to the dietary recommendations for the "diabetic diet"

Waffles....great, now I'll be thinking about waffles all dang day.... LOVE those lil suckers!

We are shooting up to mid-90's by Sunday Trying to enjoy the last coupla days of 70's here...

Hooray for another successful DD!!!!!!!!!

I know without question, I could and would not be able to keep carrying on were it not for all of these great women here! There really needs to be a plan sometime for us all to get together!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #1189
Big Yapper!!!!

This really is a special group here. I don't know what I'd do without my online girls!

Very interesting about the diabetes summit. I hope you get some great info out of that.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #1190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ Diabetes diet recommendations? Depends on who you ask. The 'Plant' people say the eating plant foods and whole grains and fat free starches is the answer. The Paleo/No Grains people say a basic low carb diet that doesn't go over 50-100 carb grams a day. That makes sense to me, adding too many carbs a day is bound to elevate blood glucose...I'm interested to watch and see.

Speaking of waffles: there is a "Skinny Waffle' recipe that Jorge Cruise uses in his '100' plan. It's made from coconut flour but you can also order them online, I think by Googling Skinny Waffles.

Carol~ Me either, this is the best group ever!!

DD so far has been excellent. I had a 100 calorie LC shake for Breakfast then while I was getting my nails done today, my stomach was growling so loudly that I was afraid Tiffany would hear it over her drilling! I just now had a cup of steamed sugar snap peas (35). I can still have another shake (100) and a salad w/chicken for dinner (250). I think about tomorrow when we go to the Harley BBQ and I can have a burger and nachos. It's only a day awaaaaay
Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #1191
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi Powell has a recipe for protein pancakes that actually looks really yummy...I wonder if it'd work for waffles..I love waffles in all their crunchy, flaky goodness

Sounds like you are right on track for today. Go you!!

It's bike week here....lemme tell ya how happy I am gonna be when Sunday hits! Living on a major street where they travel all day long is not conducive to quiet living ....But hey, I bet they're all enjoying nachos and burgers too!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Google Heidi Powell protein waffles and a recipe comes up. I don't know of they are the same as the pancakes or not.

Do you think they could be made with almond meal to reduce the carbs?
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #1193

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Blonde you mentioned Vista, when I lived in CA, first it was San Marcos, then Vista, my ex was a mailman there, then Oceanside then Del Mar, I miss CA. I am so sorry all you are going through. It is tough, an estate if needs to be set up can usually be done at the back, if there are no assets you probably do not need counsel.

Thinking of you! I saw those skinny waffles, I was wondering if anyone tried them!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #1194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmmmm...Waffles! Seabreezes there are almond and coconut flour waffle recipes out there! Yum.

Dani~ Bike week? Does everyone take their bike to work, or are we talking motorcycles?

Amber, my husband works in San Marcos at the college and carpools everyday, the weather there is so nice! I love Oceanside, my youngest DD lived there for a few years and even though it's 50 miles one way, I would go spend the day and we'd walk the beach and the pier and have sushi for lunch. It was heavenly. She lives about a mile from me now and that is even more heavenly. It's only a 20 minute drive to the nearest beach (Mission) but Oceanside is waaay up the coast from me.

Working on my third perfect DD here today. The way it works out I'll be on an up day for Easter Sunday! Yay! So far Coffee and an LC Shake. Of course, I did sleep in until 9am! I'm going to eat my DD salad around 2:30 or 3:00. DH has a Blues gig today and I'm the designated driver for three family members, perfect since I'm fasting and can't drink anyway....It's good to be busy on a DD, and out of the house.

Yesterday we got in the back yard and pulled weeds and fox tails til my back was aching. I hate those little suckers. One year a fox tail found it's way into my dog's nostril and DH had to fetch it out with tweezers...you've never heard so much sneezing for a dog! He was very grateful.

The weather is stellar 73 degrees and sunny. By the end of this week they are predicting 88+...oh my goodness here comes the heat!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 AM   #1195

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I miss CA so much!!! I loved it there, that bright blue sky and driving down the coast!

88 degrees oh lucky!! We did have a beautiful day yesterday! It was sunny and felt like Spring and that was welcomed, now more rain! Sons practice was cancelled Saturday and now more rain to ruin tonight!

Have a good week!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Blonde! Sounds like you're getting back in the groove with your rotations...way to go!

I agree that there's a great group of ladies here...sometimes there are things that I only feel like expressing here b/c people may look at me funny in the "real world." Lol. Does that sound crazy?

I have wanted to try those protein pancakes...I know there are ones made with mashed banana, almond flour, and eggs also (Paleo-style, I think?). It's interesting how people can come up with substitute recipes!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #1197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday Up Day

I made it through yesterday's DD with many calories to spare, I figure I got in about 350-375 at the most. I went to the Blues gig and had a couple of diet sodas and a few club soda's with lime. It was a gorgeous day, we sat outside and 'people watched'. I drove the youngsters home, came in and fed the dogs their 'cookies' and got in a comfy chair to read until DH came in, about 9:00pm. He had thoughtfully gone to a fast food drive thru so I wouldn't have to cook for him. That made it nice.

I'm off work today but I have lots of paperwork to deal with, bills to pay and flowers to water. The Better Boy tomatoes went into the ground yesterday. The predicted HIGH temp today is 88 degrees where I live! Wow! That is a summertime temperature and a little scary for April. I talked DH into NOT cutting back the trees last fall because I had a feeling we would need as much shade as we could get this spring. Guess I was right!

Up day today, I'm looking forward to eating regular meals. My LC approach on DD's has worked well so far, that and a good attitude!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #1198
Blabbermouth!!!

Look at you go, girl! You're kickin butt and taking names!!!

Ugh, I am terrified to think how hot it's going to get here this summer... last summer was already pretty bad, but I think our winter here was a lot warmer than even last year which means summer is going to be brutal
I need to win the lottery so I can afford to by a home in Hawaii for the summer months! Wouldn't that be fun?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #1199
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so glad you're doing so well getting back to JUDDD! It feels good, doesn't it? I'm on DD #4 here, and feeling like I might try and do a no calorie day, at least until dinnertime. If I feel good then, I may just not have anything today. We'll see.

Oh, I hope it's not a brutally hot summer, either here or there. Dani's right, I feel a little cheated that our winter wasn't colder. But here we are, heading into it once again. Well, I've done it for 32 summers, I guess I am in for #33. Sigh.

Enjoy your day off today!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #1200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hello Blonde & friends,

I am so sorry for your loss Blonde! Also very sorry to be absent for sooo long,
but I have been thinking about you guys and did try to drop in once in a while.

I am well! Still working and dealing with my poor mother who refuses to move back to my hometown, so that we can help her. She lives 5 hours away and it is driving me insane! Very frustrating! I am sad that I never took the time off to work on this before now.

I could never have the time to catch up with everyone, but do want to shout out and let all know that I miss you all!

I am still eating PHD w/ a 5 hour window and loving it. I never overeat as long as I stick to my window. I can't remember what my last weight was, but think I am down about 10 lbs since moving to smaller window, although I did gain about 9 lbs during my period of health issues and zero exercise back in Jan and not sure what happened? Had to be stress related though!

I will try and check in more often. Have a great day everyone!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote