Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #1141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good lord, woman! I'm glad that you seem to be ok, but man, I can only imagine it felt scary when it was happening

....like I told ya last night, you picked a helluva way to get out of working today!

....and just so you know.....this, here, is something that has my name all over it.....I can trip over my own 2 feet, have one ankle or the other "twist",...whatever...you name it, and I'm probably going down.

Feel better today, friend!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hokey Smokes I'm a sore woman today. My back feels alright, just the places that landed hard are feeling bruised. I had crazy dreams all night long....

DD the younger says I need Yoga classes, that this is a sign that I've lost control of my body (duh). She's probably right, balance is key to staying upright.

So today I'm home, gladly. I don't think I would be much good at work anyway.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #1143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

May I whine just a bit? I'm failing at this woe. It's was great in the beginning...the problem is, I'm always always hungry and when I eat I can't seem to get full...so I eat too much and feel worse. How can I take care of my veins and arteries without eating too many carbs? Is that possible? I feel bloaty and gassy. I know TMI but I'll bet you know what I mean.....
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

With a little help from Danielle, I'm making a switcheroo for a while to see if I can get this weight moving off me. Thanks D~
Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Maybe plant based isn't agreeing with you and your system craves something else - like a nice juicy steak! I'm not trying to be funny or tempting, but I read too many articles about how we need our protein.

I don't eat a lot of meat/fish at a time, but I do try to get protein in. I am fortunate that I get full easily and am not tempted to eat and eat. This seems to have come about after following JUDDD for the past 2+ years. I don't do it perfectly, but I do have days where I don't eat a lot and days where I eat more. I'm sure I rarely get below 500 calories on my DD's so I do eat.

I would like to weigh a bit less, but I am happy where I am and have been at this weight for a while. I try to watch the carbs, but will have a bit of potato, a slice of bread, etc. I'm lucky, it just seems to work.

I know how you feel though and there are so many ways to eat that it gets to be too much. I think that is why I like JUDDD as there seems to be a fall back to a low calorie day and that helps. It might take two days to get there if we are going out, but I know I will have one in the near future.

Sending you hugs and hope things get easier for you.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Seabreezes~thank you so much for your wise words and support. It's true, I am missing something(s) in my diet. A plant-based diets seems to be ideal in theory. It's healthy, low-fat and high in nutrients and kind to the planet...but I think my biggest problem is that after a few weeks go by I find myself craving and bingeing on these so called 'healthy foods", I can't get satisfied, no matter how much I eat. And yes, the thought of a juicy burger with all the fixins has definitely crossed my mind. I don't know if I have carb sensitivity, or blood sugar issues...or it's from a lack of fat in the diet. I started out feeling really good and ended up feeling physically bad and disappointed in myself...and like something really important is missing. I've spent the evening re-reading my 'other' books...you know, the no sugar, more green veggies, lots of protein....LC ones.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I start over again...and I'll bet it won't be the last time. I do need more protein (for satiety) and less starch (grains/potatoes) more salads with real dressing (honestly, does anyone like fat free dressing?)....and no sugar. I really don't need sugar, I'm sensitive to that for sure and all of these extra carbs are making my body go haywire. I'll start again and see how I feel. I want to be healthy, I know I'm not going to get there the way I've been going....it's hard to say I told you so...to myself.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-18-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #1147
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I know exactly what you mean about TMI with lots of veggies in the diet. Ugh! Are you going to try the Chris Powell system, like Danielle? It sure has worked for her! Good luck whatever you switch to. You're a lovely lady and deserve to reap the rewards of your efforts!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #1148
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Let us know how it goes girl. I hope you feel a bit less sore today. I would imagine when only eating veggies, filling up would be difficult!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Blonde! I know I need to take in more protein myself b/c I tend to "fill up" on too-starchy items. I've been feeling crappy lately, so maybe my food choices have something to do with that...hmmmm.

I hope you have a great Wednesday! Every day is a chance to begin again.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #1150
Blabbermouth!!!

I say go for it! Do what ever sounds doable to YOU. You gave the other thing a good, hard try...so now it's time to keep moving forward.
You're a smart cookie, you'll figure out what is going to work for you!!
You know I will be along for the ride!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #1151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've gained 6lbs since my last weigh in...

I hate to gush, but I sure do love you girls!

Carol, thank you honey bun! I may do some carb cycling ala Jorge Cruise's book for women over 40. I bought it a couple of months ago. I want to rapid LC for a few days, then if I feel like I'm going to crash and burn I can do the higher LC carb cycle days for a couple of days...another thing I noticed wihile doing the high carb low fat thing...an increased craving for alcohol. I know it's the over abundance of sugar.

Monica ~
argh..the soreness is actually worse today than yesterday. I slept poorly last night because of it. I know I need to heal and I don't have to work again until next Monday. It's not the veggies really that are the problem...it's the grains that I am now craving and over-eating. But not today...today is a new day. I am going back to tried and true.

Jayce (Jamie?) yes indeed, every day is a new chance, thank goodness for that. Protein has always been more filling for me too. My feeling crappy def has to do with TOO MANY CARBS. You can overeat good carbs too, I guess.

Dani~ Word. Oh my goodness I did give it a good long try...everyday that went by seemed to accelerate my need for more and more carbs until I could not get enough of them, ergo the weight gain. I wanted the weight loss be to automatic and effortless. There is no such thing. Even this so-called healthy WOE had traps and pitfalls like any other. So I begin again (again). The thing about being a smart Cookie? I don't feel so smart right now, but I'm hoping for a better result. Thanks you for coming along for the ride...bumpy or not.

As I said to Monica, I didn't sleep well, I'm stiff and sore and of course my mind is going a mile a minute...but I am newly resolved (again) to go forward. I'm taking the fork (no pun) in the road...one foot in front of the other. I have to go out for supplies this morning, I've purged my house of so many good things over the last 6 weeks...seems like I have a fridge full to bursting with condiments (something has to make the stuff I was eating taste better) and not much food. I will have to put together a care package for my son's house (yep, he moved back in with his lady love) and rid my pantry of the evils I have been overeating. One thing about LC...you get full and stay full for a long time. My biggest challenge will be to stay hydrated. Getting enough water has been a problem in the past, I have to make sure and correct that.

I've missed being here...
Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #1152
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you have a pretty busy day ahead. Probably keeping moving will help with the soreness in the long run - might not be so much fun today! I hope it eases up soon!

I've read some Jorge Cruise in the past - very interesting. I hope it's exactly what you're looking for.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #1153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sounds like you have a pretty busy day ahead. Probably keeping moving will help with the soreness in the long run - might not be so much fun today! I hope it eases up soon!

I've read some Jorge Cruise in the past - very interesting. I hope it's exactly what you're looking for.

Ah Carol, I don't know what I'm looking for. I want to be healthy. I want to lose weight. I love your positivity, and appreciate it more than I can say. I have to find my way as we all do when it comes to weight loss, some things work great for some and not so much for others. How is LC treating you? Are you feeling more in control these days? I would really like to get my gumption back to JUDDD or 5:2. I think when I get my cravings under control I may be able to do that again. It was the best way for me, ever. I'm taking it easy today...
Old 03-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #1154

Quote:
One thing about LC...you get full and stay full for a long time.
That's the part I am really enjoying for now. On JUDDD especially the DD's, I was just TIRED of being hungry for what seemed like ALL THE TIME! We will see what I feel like after 5 weeks LC, Heck, I may want to just stay on it. Who knows?? I truly believe, NOT one plan works for everyone and that same plan doesn't work ALL THE TIME for the same person either.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:49 AM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Monica! Really glad you are also enjoying LC eating too!

After my 2nd full day of LC I'm feeling much better physically...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #1156

That is 1/2 the battle girl. Feeling good and living well! ENJOY your weekend, hoping your pain is going away!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are feeling better already! I need to start monitoring my feelings (physical, mental, emotional) in addition to my food tracking deets. It will probably show me some things!

P.S. And yes, you're right -- my name is Jamie. "Jayce" is kind of a smash-up of my first & middle names.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #1158
Blabbermouth!!!

Now that's what I like to hear! So glad you're feeling better!!!!! I'm going in for an official Day 1 tomorrow. I need to go grocery shopping in order to be able to do this properly. To say I am nervous is an understatement!

Keep on truckin mama!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #1159
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Ah Carol, I don't know what I'm looking for. I want to be healthy. I want to lose weight. I love your positivity, and appreciate it more than I can say. I have to find my way as we all do when it comes to weight loss, some things work great for some and not so much for others. How is LC treating you? Are you feeling more in control these days? I would really like to get my gumption back to JUDDD or 5:2. I think when I get my cravings under control I may be able to do that again. It was the best way for me, ever. I'm taking it easy today...
LC and I are getting along great. I think I've lost a few pounds, but then TOM hit and I won't weigh during that. Right now (starting yesterday evening) I'm not doing LC or JUDDD. Just celebrating a family birthday with a few days festivities. I'll go back to LC on Monday, and probably JUDDD on 4/1.

I agree, JUDDD is the best way ever. But when you need a break, you just need it.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #1160

How are you feeling today girl? You go back to work today, right???? Are you ready??
Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 AM   #1161

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey Blonde I am restarting with strict LC, one thing you dont get hungry eating fat and protein and it is whole food, no crap, I am not eating bars, etc. Fat makes you full and when you are not hungry it is easier! No way I could do a vegetarian diet! I would be starving! I am getting the carb crash this morning so tomorrow I should be feeling pretty good today is day 3, and I am chugging water like crazy and walking and speaking of yoga I went for the first time in ages on Sunday night and felt like a new woman, so I am going to keep going to this Sunday night class, I did something to my back and it was killing me, Monday I woke up and it felt tons better, so it really does help!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #1162
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking in on you Blonde! Hope you're doing well, feeling better. And that you check in soon, 'cause I miss you.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #1163
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry, I shoulda posted this yesterday but didn't get back to the boards...

She's dealing with a death in the family. She sends her love and good wishes to all of you lovely ladies! She will be back as soon as she can.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Danielle, tell her how sorry we are for her and sending her hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #1165
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers being sent to you and yours, Blonde.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #1166
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of you & your family, Blonde. Lots of love~~~
Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 AM   #1167

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Aww Blonde, so sorry for your loss!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #1168

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you are in my prayers
Old 04-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #1169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Checking In...

Thank you all for the love ladies! I'm doing okay and I've been very busy with everything that goes with losing a family member and being the executor. My sister-in-law (my brother's widow) took her own life. It's sad and senseless and we've all been reeling here. This past weekend we completed the emptying of her two bedroom apartment and all that it entails. On top of all of this my husband, youngest DD and I got sick with a cold in the middle of it all. Yesterday completed any reason to return to Vista, it's an hour from our house and we've been there everyday. Today is my first day back at work and all I really want to do is go back to bed. I feel 'bone tired' but relieved that the physical work is done...now for the paperwork.

I love and miss you girls and appreciate you so much.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

There she is! I'm relieved that all the heavy lifting has been done and now you can hopefully begin to decompress and heal from this