LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #1111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
1 mile walk with weights! Leslie Sansone

Hi girls!

I passed the test, Dani...this girl knows her food.

Carol~ love the girl doing my hair these days.

So, I haven't made it to the gym...yet this week but I pulled out a great DVD. It has a 5 day schedule, something different everyday. Today I did the 1 mile walk with weights (but no weights for me). Frankly it was too easy. all that walking and hauling around big heavy trays at work must be better exercise than I thought. I'm really glad I did it and I will go to the next one tomorrow. I feel good.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Moving in the right direction! Leslie has some great DVD"s for when you want to step it up too!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #1113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wednesday

Checking in....

Hubby has been home sick and hogging the computer...he is a FB addict, poor man. I'm still doing mostly 'plant-based' WW. I feel like I'm making headway but as usual the scale isn't budging. I'm up .4 again (.8 total) from two weeks ago but since I'm counting my points I'm not going to worry (yet). I did have wine for the first time in several weeks and that may have caused a gain. At any rate I feel pretty good, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope you're all hanging tough!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Glad you're feeling good! That's a great thing to note right there.

Hope hubby feels better soon.

Happy Wednesday!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #1115
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good attitude, Blonde! Consistency is so important, and so often people give up too soon. You'll reap the rewards of your determination.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I hope the hubb's gets to feeling better soon!

I think if you're feeling good and feeling small & light just keep on truckin! Good story, keep telling it!

I'm about *this* close to running my scale over in the driveway!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #1117

OH girl. Sorry there is sickness at your house! Keep it going girl.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #1118
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope DH is getting better and you can enjoy the weekend!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning to you, my Cyber-Besties!!

DH went to work today and I have the computer all to myself! Yay! I think he would have gladly stayed home another week, just for the fun of it...did I tell you he's seriously considering retiring this year? Not sure how I feel about that...happy for him, but I think I'll continue to work.

Let's see, where am I? Okay the scale is stalled but I did come down .2...good grief. I did drink wine and I had a couple of beers last week, so that could account for it but I am now UP .6 (better than .8, I guess). I have a non-scale victory...wearing a t-shirt that used to fit and then became so tight I thought I'd never get to wear it again (post-Geico). I wore it this weekend, comfortably, so I know things are happening, my scale just doesn't know it yet. I'm still leaning toward a plant-based diet (with fish). Still making myself eat fruit. What's the deal? Isn't fruit a favorite among most people? Why is it so difficult to eat? Truly a weird deal. I must say, generally I have fewer aches and pains and more energy by the end of the day. I don't feel the need to lay down somewhere, quick. It's definitely agreeing with me.

Also this morning: A 30 minute, 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. This one got me going and sweating!

I have work today and a birthday party tonight at my favorite place!! Yes, Souplantation! What could be better than that? I don't have to struggle to make choices, but if there is cake, I will abstain. The sugar free chocolate mousse will have to do.

On another note, my house is a disaster!! I need help. any volunteers?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #1120
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad DH went off to work! I think it's funny that these guys, after a few days, discover that they like being at home with us I know mine sure does!

I love the NSV!! Those are the best kind! I remember back in the day when I was losing a lot of weight I used to love going into my closet and trying on clothes and being shocked at the stuff that got too big and the stuff that finally fit perfectly! I think I may have cried a time or two in there at the sheer joy at such visual progress
I hope you're measuring?!

Go you!! 2 miles!!!!! I practiced my hooping this morning after breakfast... Ugh, why do I torture myself?

Have fun tonight!!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #1121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Danielle!

I can't 'hoop' to save my life. Of course I haven't given it a good go, either. Walking to a video is about my speed.

You know, I'm not measuring, I guess I should huh? I dread the thought.

Yes DH likes to hang out but he sure does hog the computer. If he retires I'm going to have to dust off my laptop. This weekend he said "I'm trying to figure out what you're eating....I'm confused". I got kinda snippy with him and said "I'm not eating chicken (poultry), beef or pork...I am eating everything else, pretty much". Of course that was a generalization, but still pretty simple. Mostly plants & legumes, some grains (brown rice), some Greek yogurt, fish if I want and low fat. The emphasis is getting in enough 'plant-matter'. Dean Ornish's Spectrum Book, in a nutshell. I may not be losing very quickly but I do feel really good about what I'm putting in my old body.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm afraid hooping really isn't my thing either But, I keep doing it for the fact that it keeps me moving at least a little, and perhaps it will help me whittle my waistline some! My most favorite form of exercise is weight lifting....so I am searching for something..

YES! Measure!!!

Oh no no no no no..... I would DIE with only 1 computer in action.. This is why we ALL have our own...not to mention 3 ipads....cause, you know, just in case... And DH would be dead if he impeded my ability to be online when I wanted to be Love you honey!!!!

Your program sounds like Dolvette's...the trainer from Biggest Loser... his program is primarily fish/plant based... SO not for me!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #1123
Big Yapper!!!!

I love the sound of your eating plan. I know myself well enough to know that I couldn't stick with it for very long, but it sounds so healthy and good for you, and I'm glad it's agreeing with you!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes you're right Danielle! Primarily plants and a tiny bit of fish. It was really hard in the beginning, I wanted to eat butter with a spoon but as time goes by, I'm adapting, it's getting easier. Mostly doing this for type of diet for my blood work 'numbers'...drastic changes call for drastic measures.

Carol, it's funny but I can't stick to low carb for very long. When I do I get great results but I always fall off. I think this a healthy step for me, I'm heading for 60 and I need my veins and arteries to be spic and span. I have a natural inclination toward higher cholesterol, and a family history of heart disease.

Of course, I ate too much last night at Souplantation. That's what comes from starving (saving) my WW points to apply to dinner. Live and learn.

It was harder to get up today (post-DST) than yesterday. I hate daylight savings time and can't wait for it to end in the fall....I'm sleepy.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #1125

I am not a fan of Daylight savings time either. I don't like that now they have moved the fall one back a week or so, it is SOOO dark in the morning for kids at the bus stops. Also moving up to March in the Spring also makes for dark mornings for kids. I guess, NO ONE asked us what we thought, now did they???

You are doing well at sticking with your new plan. Keep it up girl!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #1126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica I totally agree~ it's too dark in the morning for kids! The high school students here ARE going to school in the dark! DH leaves here at 5:45am, I hate it when it's pitch black when I get up. I'm sitting here thinking about how logy I feel and I just want to crawl back in bed....

Nope, nobody asks us.... Have a good walk and hoop today!!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Daylight Savings blows!!! Lol.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #1128
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll tell ya, the more I continue to struggle to figure out what's going on with my weight, the more and more tempting it is go all LC and enjoy lots of eggs and some butter....just to name a few..

No time change here but it still sucks to drop the kiddo off in the dark...especially when she has to go an hour earlier at 6:30 for club meetings.. scary! Right now I got the blazing sun in my eyeballs starting at 6:30'ish...very annoying I love that it's darker later, makes me feel like I have more energy and that I have more time to get things done..
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #1129
Big Yapper!!!!

Whoever thought DLS time was a good idea anyway? I don't really know what difference it makes, we still have the same amount of hours of daylight. I love that we don't change here in AZ, but it sure does make keeping track of what time it is for family and friends and trying to call them when it's a good time. I've had family back in MO call way too early, and I know I've called too late at night!

Yes, Blonde, keeping that circulatory system clean and functioning is so important, and I'm so glad you're doing just that. Souplantation sounds yummy!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #1130
Blabbermouth!!!

It has to do with energy consumption but AZ doesn't do it because of the heat and time of day.. I know, all very ridiculous but whatevs, right?

Blonde!
Work today?

I hope you're catching up on your Zzzzz's!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #1131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy St Patty's Day!!

Toppa the Mornin' to ya!

I know, my Irish sucks...Gad I'm having a hard time getting here. I'm still doing WW, still doing vegetarian, still sitting at the same weight, still frustrated, still staying the course in spite of these things. Why? Tenacity? Maybe. I believe I'm doing the right thing for me, for my body. It's going to have to give it up, eventually. Right? Right. I'm flirting (once again) with an eye toward JUDDD...and vegetarian. Or maybe 5:2 to get the ball rolling.

It is an ongoing, living process.....
Old 03-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #1132

OH girl, sticking to what you like/what is good for you is GREAT! Stay the coarse!

I have switched to LC for a few weeks. Trying to slap myself back into reality! JUDDD I just couldn't continue with all the counting. I lost my edge, hoping LC for a bit will put me back into prospective!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 AM   #1133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay so this morning for my Irish breakfast I ate 2 pieces of leftover mushroom pizza...cause, you know...it's healthy. Not.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #1134
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, friend You know I certainly relate to everything you're going through...truly. Like I told you this morning, I'm at a loss as to how to get my weightloss really moving.... 6 months to get to 30'ish pounds lost...while still a loss, yes...it should NOT be this hard to hang on to it! .

Just know what I'm here, we're all here. Hang on and keep going. We're good at that, right?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Of course we are! We know (and have experienced) what happens when we stop trying!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH girl, sticking to what you like/what is good for you is GREAT! Stay the coarse!

I have switched to LC for a few weeks. Trying to slap myself back into reality! JUDDD I just couldn't continue with all the counting. I lost my edge, hoping LC for a bit will put me back into prospective!
Thanks Monica! I am. Going LC sounds like a great plan for you. Less stress for awhile. We'll all hang in together! This is why I come here, I'm so lucky to have such great support and to be able to pass on my wisdom if I ever get any.

Dani~ You've done so well and will continue to do so. I know you, you do not give up!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

No giving up, that's for sure... definitely contemplating a few LC days together to see if I can get it together...
....but then again.....I haven't weighed in days so I really have zero idea how I'm doing so I dunno what I'm worried about? Still trying to pull my thoughts together as to why I am feeling the way I am.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #1138
Big Yapper!!!!

Argh! So much struggling with all of us here lately! I hate it! Blonde, I think you're right, your body will eventually "get it" and start releasing the weight. If JUDDD sounds good to you, and you think combining WW/Veg with JUDDD would not be too much mentally, then go for it! I just worry that that is a lot to think about every day. But that may be because of my current antipathy for counting calories and taking a JUDDD break. You do what feels right to you! And I'll be rooting for you!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #1139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I LOVE YOU GIRLS!! You always know just what to say.

And I did it again. I FELL at work. An empty tray in one hand (only a small cheese grater) and tray jack (tray stand) in the other, my ankle went sideways and I followed right behind...left knee, left elbow, left hand and CRASH. The tray ended up under me (don"t ask, how is that even possible?) the jack fell to the side and the cheese grater flew 10 or 12 feet BEHIND me and ended up across the room. Good thing it was early and fairly slow or I might have hit someone in the head with the grater....and in anticipation of your questions: Yes, I'm alright. No I didn't break anything (other than my pride, which everyone knows "goeth before a fall') my knee has rug burn (through my pants) and I'm really really (really) sore. I'm sure I tweaked my back, it hurts already...They immediately phased me, but I finished with the table that I fell in front of...two super sweet ladies and a beautiful blue eyed Merle border collie 'service dog' under their table. She told me later she had to physically restrain the dog from coming to my rescue. Apparently that's his job. She falls, he helps her up. What are the freakin' odds of that?

....So how is your day going? *Blink Blink*
Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #1140

OH so sorry about your fall girl! How are you feeling today??? Probably should take it easy