still worried!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey! So sorry to absent for so long! Thanks you for the love and well wishes! To be truthful (and I always try to be truthful) I have been sick and not feeling drawn to the computer at all. I'm feeling much much better now. I did not have strep, just a wicked virus...coughing, sore throat, sinus issues, more coughing and a total lack of energy...DH has been an absolute Saint I missed work all last week, it would have been impossible to wait tables in my germy condition. They were not feelin' the love at my work and I had to get a Dr's excuse for my managers!

While I'm feeling so much better, you know that being sick will give you time to contemplate the error of your ways. This kind of thinking can set off a chain reaction of sorts...of course I don't have any specific answers to the ago old question: "What the hell am I doing"? But I have the best answer I can muster: "I can do better than this". Generally I can do better than this. I can focus more. I can be more accountable. Take more walks. Eat more veggies. Drink more water. BE in the present.

I realize that losing weight takes some commitment and up to this point I have not been as committed as I could be. I have a vague idea of what I want, nothing set in stone or specific enough. How can I reach a goal that is practically invisible because I don't know what it is, exactly? Where is the treasure? Over there. Where, over there? Somewhere. See?

Is focusing on 'weight loss' alone too vague a goal? Shouldn't I be striving for overall change in my eating habits, sleeping habits, exercising habits? My 'living' day to day? Shouldn't I Be the change? Don't mind me, I'm rambling along here....no wonder I've stayed off the computer. But...As I obsess daily about my 'diet' and weight loss, about my squishy thighs and my 'older' more encumbered body....is life passing me by? I can do better.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #1083
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great to see you, love!

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling much better!!! This thing is brutal and hangs on forever...glad it seems to be on its way out

I know you'll figure out what ever it is you want from this journey. You know you've found it when you feel it. In the meantime all you can really ask of yourself is to just keep going and to keep trying. Moving in the general direction of where you wanna go is important, the rest will fall into place. Fake it til ya make it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:44 AM   #1084
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Life is TOO short to obsess about it girl. Take one day at a time, heck, maybe even 1 hour at a time! Be the best YOU you can be each and every day! Don't let the NUMBER define you!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I like Monica's post...I know that I can "obsess" over every little thing sometimes, which can hinder me by making me immobile b/c it's like I'm waiting for the "perfect" answer.

Trust your instincts -- your gut feeling! I think you're a smart, intuitive lady, and you'll find what works for you! I do think that focusing on a HEALTHY, happy life is the key.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #1086
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in!! How's things in sunny Cali?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #1087
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hey Blonde! Glad to see you posting again, and that you're feeling better.

As for the frustrating times, and the questioning, I think we all go through that from time to time. You are doing great. You're ahead of most people, who aren't doing anything to improve their health, or even thinking about it for that matter.

Are you still planning on doing WW?
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #1088
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feeling the Love!

Have I told you ladies how much I love and appreciate you? Well I do. I forget that the main reason for being here is the love and support of my cyber-friends. You always say the right things and make me feel so much better.

Dani~ Keep going, keep trying...words of wisdom! I'm never giving up.

Monica~ One day at a time, 1 hour at a time! Words to live by!

Jayce~ Trust your instincts. Perfect! I do know in my gut what is necessary. I need to remember that.

Carol~ We all go through frustrating times! I need to remember that I'm not alone on this journey. This is why I'm here. To be lifted up when I need it, and to do the lifting when someone else needs it.

Yes I'm still doing WW. Part of me has felt all along that doing LC may not be the best thing for my health. Too much fat and too much protein. Not that moderate amounts of these things are bad, but at my age it can be a not so healthy combination. Counting my points (even when I go over) help me to realize that I've not really 'blown it' like I think I did. Be able to eat some fruit IF I want, or having more veggies for satiety is helping me stay with it. Whatever I do, I have to STAY with a plan or I'm just going to yo-yo forever an a day. I've lost 4lbs in the last two weeks, still I'm 1lb above my new low from last month...but that's what I'm talking about...up 5 down 4...up 6 down 3...yo-yo infinity. I have to get off the merry-go-round.

Eating more healthfully everyday is my goal. Eating for health, not necessarily weight loss..but hoping that one will follow the other.

Thank you all again for sticking with me!!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #1089

Girl, we can all help you do this! We are here for you. You know, I think LC works for a select few. I also think with all the special LC stuff out there, it sort of defeats the plan that Adkins had. WW is a great plan. It definitely helps you manage your foods and portions.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #1090
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm glad that you came by today I know that this weight loss thing can be so frustrating and daunting, but just knowing that you ARE doing amazing things for your body has got to count for a lot. You've always done well with WW, I think it's wonderful that you're doing it again! Just keep going, you will get to where you want as long as you continue to believe!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #1091
Big Yapper!!!!

Keeping your health in the forefront is a great idea. We all want to be thinner, but deep down, isn't what we all really want is a good, healthy body that will take us many years down the road. You are doing that for yourself!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #1092
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Girl, we can all help you do this! We are here for you. You know, I think LC works for a select few. I also think with all the special LC stuff out there, it sort of defeats the plan that Adkins had. WW is a great plan. It definitely helps you manage your foods and portions.
I so appreciate all the help you girls give me!! I know at one time in my life I could whisk off so much weight, so fast with LC, but it doesn't work that way anymore. WW is helping me to look at food differently, not like it's the 'enemy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm glad that you came by today I know that this weight loss thing can be so frustrating and daunting, but just knowing that you ARE doing amazing things for your body has got to count for a lot. You've always done well with WW, I think it's wonderful that you're doing it again! Just keep going, you will get to where you want as long as you continue to believe!
Frustrating and daunting...absolutely. And yes, the key here is to just keep going. I've spent so much time flittering around looking for miracles and...the miracle is in me. Consistency and sustainability are the only things that will help me be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Keeping your health in the forefront is a great idea. We all want to be thinner, but deep down, isn't what we all really want is a good, healthy body that will take us many years down the road. You are doing that for yourself!
Carol, yes! Health has to be at the forefront. Skinny and in a wheelchair is not what I would consider a victory. I need to be strong and lean and in control as long as I can be.

Now....if DH would stop bringing home dry roasted peanuts. Seriously, I'm about to ban them.

Off to work today. Ugh, Fridays at the restaurant suck. Crazy busy. I need to get my anxiety under control....

I am a serious mental case.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #1093

OH I bet work is very busy on Friday!!! Don't work too hard girl, have a great weekend!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #1094
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I so appreciate all the help you girls give me!! I know at one time in my life I could whisk off so much weight, so fast with LC, but it doesn't work that way anymore. WW is helping me to look at food differently, not like it's the 'enemy'.

Frustrating and daunting...absolutely. And yes, the key here is to just keep going. I've spent so much time flittering around looking for miracles and...the miracle is in me. Consistency and sustainability are the only things that will help me be successful.

Carol, yes! Health has to be at the forefront. Skinny and in a wheelchair is not what I would consider a victory. I need to be strong and lean and in control as long as I can be.

Now....if DH would stop bringing home dry roasted peanuts. Seriously, I'm about to ban them.

Off to work today. Ugh, Fridays at the restaurant suck. Crazy busy. I need to get my anxiety under control....

I am a serious mental case.
^^^^that right there ^^^^ is BELIEF, my friend.

WW is a fabulous way to enjoy life. If I could truly do it, I'd be all over it. I've tried it more times than I care to admit, and I'm sure DH would jump at the chance to show you all the billing for it I'm glad that it gives you the peace of mind that you need to stay the course!

Praying for a peaceful work day today...I can only imagine how nutso it gets going into the weekend Hang in there and remember, it will come to an end!

If you're a mental case, well, then I guess I'm in good company cause I sure feel like one too!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #1095
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope work treats you nice today, with lots of nice TIPS! Have a great weekend!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday!!

Work was good, not as heinous as I suspected...I made good tips and came home and fell onto the couch, pretty much wiped out.

A very good friend was fired this week and without going into details let me just say that she was wonderful at her job and didn't deserve it. Lots of shake-ups like this going on at work...makes for a very uncomfortable shift when a 'certain' new manager is around. I don't fear losing my job...even if I do, thankfully we don't need me to work to survive...I like making the extra money, I buy my own 'beauty' appointments with my work money. Nails, hair, etc. It makes me feel good to contribute these things. There are those who desperately need their job and I hate unfairness in the work place or anywhere else. I'll still see my friend socially, she's like family...but she will be greatly missed in the workplace.

Still pushing the veggies and the fruits here. Whenever they don't really sound good I figure I'm not really that hungry.... They sure taste good when I'm starving!

Hope you all have a nice weekend!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 AM   #1097

Glad work on Friday wasn't horrible! I hate when bad STUFF is happening at work. that Awkward silence or forced conversations is no fun!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday Monday

Hey, Monica! Yes, when work is 'off' it can really make for a long day....

I survived the weekend.

DH had two gigs, F & Sat nite. I went for awhile on Saturday and being the designated driver, I personally did not get to bed until after 2am. This is not a good bedtime for me. On a normal day I'm up at 5am so....well you can figure that part out.

Food wise I did pretty well. Still eschewing wine while I get my numbers under control. I actually gained .2 from last Monday's weigh in, but considering my battle with dry roasted peanuts, that's not too shabby. As each week goes by it gets more and more 'normal' to record my food, count the points and plan for the most healthful meal, whichever meal it may be. I've completed 3 weeks on WW (my way) with a total loss of 4lbs. One more pound and I'll be where I was a month ago. Sheesh. I really have to stop going backwards

I have 'plans' to hit the gym this week. Classes on T-W-Th for us older gals and a Zumba Aqua class on Friday morning. I must make at least one of these dates. Hit one. Then next week, hit it again. Today after work I need to find a few T-shirts to wear to class...I have plenty of yoga pants but no tops.

So how do I feel? Pretty good, pretty good. While the scale is not making giants moves, I feel better physically. I think all the fruits and veggies are making my body happy. I like being able to eat things that I love without worrying about the 'carb' content. Winter squash and sweet potatoes, carrots...I love these foods. Filling and satisfying. I've had sweet potato as a meal in itself a few times, without fats added. Yum. I'm not going strictly vegetarian, maybe what would be called 'flexitarian'...I can have meat if I want, my choice. My main concentration is nutrient dense foods. It helps that WW doesn't have any points for fruits and most veggies. Zero, zip, nada. This really helps keep the 'hunger' at bay.

How's everyone else this morning??
Old 02-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #1099
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you survived the Friday lunch rush! I dunno how you do that!

WW seems to be totally agreeing with you, and I could not be happier for you

Thrilled to hear that the gym is going to become a part of your week...so inspiring! Love that you seem very excited about this. I really should get out there and try something.... eh, I'm such a loner!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #1100

I can't function staying up that late either! I get up, during the week, at 4:45 a.m. and on the weekend I am LUCKY if I can sleep till 7:00 - 7:30 ! That is SLEEPING IN for me! Way to get in the exercise groove girl!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Girlies!

Big test at work today! 3 pages on the new menu. I have some studying to do this morning!

Dani~ thank you, you know this is totally agreeing with me. I feel good and not deprived. Taking it literally one meal at a time.

Monica~ while my 'time-clock' is easily upset, DH's is much much worse. He is a 'night' person and thrives under the weekend working conditions...it's the week-day stuff that really messes him up. He's going to drag all week until he can rest this weekend.

I didn't know what day I was going to be tested until work yesterday so I do have to study this morning. If I'm going to actually make it to the gym later, I need to do it now.

So have a good day, I'll report back in tomorrow!!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #1102
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck on your test today. I know you'll do great!!

Glad that WW is doing the trick for you, that is all that matters!

Enjoy the gym today, have I told you how jealous I am!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #1103
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck on that test! I'm sure you'll do great and it'll be second nature in no time.

I'm so glad you're feeling good on WW! Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The best laid plans of mice and men...often go awry.

I'm waiting for my husband to either check his email, his work phone or his face book!! I have a major leak in the main bathroom tub...water is pouring out of the hot water side and I don't know how to shut it off! ARGH!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #1105
Blabbermouth!!!

What!! Oh nooooooo!!!!!! I hope he answers quick quick quick!!! Do you know where the main water valve is, at all???
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Crisis averted...water is shut off. Yikes. The old me would have let it go until he got home from work, but we're in a drought here in So Cal...can't waste water, at all.

My gym class is starting right now, and of course I'm here at the keyboard. Just going to study for my test, get ready for work and go tomorrow. I knew it would be a push to do it, that's why I have three tries to do it this week. Tomorrow and Thursday.

More studying to do!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #1107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I do now! I was kinda panicking, he called me back and walked me through it. I'm home from work now with no running water but DH should be home shortly. Not a nice way to greeted immediately after work, but what're ya gonna do?

Work was good, busy but still good. I've noticed that I'm feeling stronger and more in control at work. Had soup and salad with my DD afterward and gave a co-worker a ride home. Now I'm at the keyboard instead of lying on the couch. This is a good sign.

I've decide to start posting my menus:

Tuesday
B: Leftover whole wheat pasta (1 1/2 cups) w/ Marinara & banana
L: Salad with lowfat dressing & 1 Minestrone soup
D: Homemade Veg soup with tomatoes, mushrooms, barley, onions, mixed vegetables, gold potatoes & carrots...and a yam.

S: Apple, a yogurt.

All of this comes in well under my WW points for the day. Plus I have added activity points, just for working.

I've pretty much been eating like this everyday for the last three weeks. In addition to the above types of meals I've had too many peanuts, I'm working on that...boca burgers w/ whole wheat bun and all the veggies (pickle, onion, tomatoes) bean and rice burritos, whole wheat pasta, soups, pintos and rice over greens, some cold cereals (low sugar) w/ almond milk, assorted fruits, eggbeaters and whole wheat toast, some fat free and 2% cheese, fat free sour cream and Greek yogurt, O'Brien Potatoes (prepared without fat) in a tortilla shell w/salsa and beans, nuts (very sparingly)....and on and on....

What I haven't had? Oil, butter, mayo, meat, poultry, fish, white bread or white rice. I'm not 'off' meat. I'm just not having any right now.

Yep I know, it sounds incredibly carb-y but there is virtually no fat in any of this. The thing about carbs are...you cannot eat them with fats and expect to lose weight. I have been satisfied and not craving anything. If I could rename my journal I would. I hesitate to start a new one...so for now this is my plan. My apologies to anyone thinking they are getting a low cab maven. That has never been me. I can't stick.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:07 AM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Hair Day

Does anyone else get excited to visit the Salon? I'm having my gray washed away (in a sense) today, a fresh cut and color makes me feel like a new person.

I woke up feeling slim this morning. That is, I woke up feeling lighter and less encumbered. It was all I could do to stay off the scale, but that is a madness I can do without. I'm waiting until my next weigh in day and that's final.

I ate everything on my list yesterday except the apple and yogurt snack. Didn't want anything else after dinner. The soup I made was a no chicken version of my 'chicken veggie soup'. Very filling. I came in right on POINT for WW. Counting my points allows me to stay true to my plan otherwise I have food amnesia. You know, forgetting about the 'stuff' you ate that you don't really want to think about?

Today's menu:

B: banana/pineapple chunks w FF cottage cheese. Yum.

L: Leftover soup

D: Bean burritos w/ wild rice.

Assorted fruit and yogurt snack.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #1109
Blabbermouth!!!

Looks like things are pluggin along for you! Good for you for knowing how you're proceeding...very similar to how I eat actually, except I do have some oil and butter on LC days for flavoring, but very small amounts.. I'm happy that you seem content with this and you like what you are eating....that is all that matters!

How'd the test go?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #1110
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm glad you enjoy the salon! I used to dread it when I was having my roots lightened all the time. Two wasted hours is how I felt. Now I do them myself and haven't had a cut in about a year (growing out hair) and I'm looking forward to going in again. My stylist of many years retired (at an early age!) and so I'm at loose ends trying to find another one.

I love it when we wake up feeling lighter! I really do trust that feeling, although the scale doesn't always bear it out, I think our bodies know. Enjoy the feeling all day!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!