LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #1021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
So proud of you for getting the labs done! I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well at your appt. next week.

It won't surprise me if there is something going on with your thyroid. Better to get it fixed and get going with your weightloss, right?
Right! I've talked to alot of women my age with these issues, menopause gets most of the blame....I need to know for srue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Good for you, and here's hoping your results are healthy, and that any recommendations are non-Rx.
Thanks Carol, no RX's if possible...they may make me get a flu shot....
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #1022
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm hoping you'll get answers quickly and easily instead of having to wait around...know what I mean? Nothing worse than having to guess at stuff, or worse, have the doctor be guessing!

Whatcha up to today?
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, sunshine!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back to 222.8 (BC) before Christmas...

Good Morning Danielle!

I'm having so much anxiety over this, I do hope I get some answers on Monday. I'm giving myself heart palpitations... Thanks for your encouragement.

What's up today? I think lunch at SP, if my BFF is up to it. She's had a cold and has had to work all week, I told her to stay home and rest if she wants. She lives about an hour's drive from here, way up in a mountain community. She drives 90 minutes round trip to her work!

I believe the Greek yogurt may be making a difference in my satiety and weight loss. Slowly made it back to my pre-Christmas weight but not all the way to 220. I'll get there eventually. Also been limiting my carbs to one meal a day. Like having toast with my eggs for breakfast, or like last night having a taco plate with turkey, beans, lettuce & tomato, cheese & pico, minus the shells. It's not so much a 'weight loss' thing, more like an experiment to see how I feel. Backing off the gluten has helped with the bloating but I'd like to see how far I can get away from grains altogether. Put them in the once in a while category. Truth told, I'd rather have a starchy veg or some beans anyway. And if it promotes weight loss, even better!

It's so cold this morning and the high today is to be mid-80's. can you believe that???
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #1025
Blabbermouth!!!

Try not to worry Try to think of it as finally just getting the answers you need to keep on going!

I love having my yogurt every morning. It truly is filling and I imagine it's doing all sorts of good things for my tummy

I actually ended up doing GF without even realizing that I was doing it. While grains are offered on my program to choose from, I found myself naturally gravitating to the starchy veggies, rice, and corn tortillas as part of my carb days... I tend to only have bready things on my reward day, and even then, I end up picking it off by about the 3rd bite.. I just don't miss it and find that it just gets in the way I do admit, I had mild temptation this past week when DH brought home fresh-made mini baguette's from Costco... Love those lil things!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully she's feeling better and can make lunch with you today!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #1026
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hopefully you get your answers soon. Mid 80's WOW I am jealous! Enjoy lunch out, if it happens!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girls! Looks like lunch is on at 11:00. I'm having my carbs at lunch today with soup and (probably) a corn muffin with my Big A$$ Salad. Breakfast was Greek yogurt, 2tbls of chopped pecans and a drizzle of Honey Tree (SF). Dinner will be something protein and veggie...not sure yet, I guess I'll have to pick something up...DH has oven fries and chicken burgers (tyson) coming tonight. He loves Oreida Extra Crispy Fries...I know they're not perfect but better than Mickey D's I think....

It is so dry here today! We have 'red flag warnings' (fire danger) until 6:00 tonight...My nose hairs need 'leave in' moisturizer. My hair is flat out flat and my skin is feeling mummified....good day to drink a ton of water!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #1028
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm glad you'll get your lunch out - sounds fun. Hopefully BFF is feeling better.

Mid 80s? Wow! The dry air is horrible, isn't it? Sometimes the inside of my nose gets so dry it hurts. YUCK! I've been moisturizing like nobody's business this winter and I think it's helping. But my hands still look like little old lady hands.

Do you know when you can expect to hear back from the Dr?
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carol my hands are starting to look like my grandmother's...a bit gnarled. I'm lucky not to have extreme dry skin but this weather will 'leather out' anyone.

I peeked at my blood work online. While my Lipid profile is still high, overall cholesterol has dropped 40 POINTS since the last test. will use that in my argument against statins! My T4 appears to be within normal range, but I know nothing about thyroid stuff. I'm mostly jazzed at the drop in cholesterol. Maybe my giant salads are paying off? My anxiety level had dropped enormously. My weight is also down from my last visit (230) now at 222.8. Maybe even another small drop before Monday.

Deep breath. Inhale...hold it...exhale.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #1030
Blabbermouth!!!

My entire body is dry...my hands and feet especially.. DH's hands get really bad during winter because of the in/out all day long while at work.. He's found some "man" lotion that seems to be really working...his hands are softer than mine I douse myself in body crème every morning after my shower..thank goodness for B&BW

Wow, great numbers! That's amazing on the cholesterol. I think you're doc will be happy with that! I've not had the thyroid panel run entirely just my TSH...my understanding is that even when they present in "normal" ranges that there could still be something off.... over in the thyroid forum here there is amazing information on all this stuff... stuff I never ever knew....stuff I don't even think my doctor knows He refused to run a Free T4 flat out, said I was "too young".. yet, I have many symptoms for hypo...

Anywho, stay calm and know that something is happening in a positive way!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #1031
Big Yapper!!!!

Nice new cholesterol numbers! What a relief, huh? You're on the right track, and I think you have a very good argument against statins, if that is suggested. Managing with diet and exercise should always be the first line of attack, IMO.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
My word! That is astounding on your cholesterol numbers!!!!

What you are doing - your personal low carb lifestyle plan - is working! And perhaps you have unlocked the secret here. Small steps in the right direction, trying new things and seeing how they work, and mostly PATIENCE! I know I'm typically a "want it all yesterday" kind of girl but even as I am trying to lose for DD's wedding, once that is done, I will continue on a sloooooow steady SUSTAINABLE pace. I'm just too damn old to not be enjoying my life.

Proud of you, friend!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls! Still high numbers but lower than before...

Danielle, I waltzed over and read some of the thyroid threads...kinda like reading Greek. I'm trying to wrap my head around my free T4 numbers being within 'normal' range. I don't even know what that means. I have much to discuss with the Doc tomorrow, I hope she's patient. (no pun)

Carol~ I completely agree! Whatever 'type' of diet you're on, it's clear that what we eat has everything to do with our health. It is the first line of defense. I wish there weren't so many 'varieties' of diet's out there claiming they are the best, healthiest WOE's.

Confusion grows from this. I only know what I know from experience. Grains make me gain weight. They make me feel bad in my stomach. Certain veggies make my stomach hurt. So I won't eat grains and I won't eat veggies that make me hurt. They say if you like meat and can't 'give it up' then you're addicted. I don't think I believe that. I don't eat a ton of meat, mostly chicken and fish, but I don't want to stop eating it, or dairy either. Am I an addict? Maybe. I don't eat sugary things, like sweets, baked goods, candy, cookies, etc. I don't really even like fruit, except watermelon in the summer and maybe a little pineapple once in a while. Or fresh in season strawberries. I'm not a 'fruit bat'. I don't like tofu...or vegetable protein in the guise of vegan hamburger. I like eggs, once in a while.

There are the fruit veg grain starch beans people, The Atkins/Paleo no grains or beans or fruit people,, The WW (anything you want in moderation people)Alternate Calorie/Fasting people The Juice only, raw only, organic only, whole foods only, clean eating, sugar busting, insulin dropping, adrenal sparing, blood type dieting, enema using, 80/20, South Beach surfing, carb cycling, Body for life...12 pounds in 12 days people.

Can you dig it? Do you get this? Maybe I read too much. Sometimes I wish I was on my first diet, knowing only what I was reading and taking it as gospel, following it to the letter and having instantaneous life-ever-lasting results. But it's just me now, years down the line...with my vast knowledge of semi-useless information, to make my way. I've said it before and I'll say it again. What is the best WOE? A healthy one, that you can sustain indefinitely.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1034
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Laura!! How ya doin'??

Sorry for the rant.....
Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #1035
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Pshaw. I know that rant. But here's the thing - there are SO many diets. Obviously one kind of diet doesn't work for everybody. It is enough to drive a girl insane.

I think if you can hit upon what works for you, doesn't drive you batty counting, fasting, or avoiding then you hit the mother lode. And maybe it isn't even a published diet - it is whatever you find works.

My diet buddy at work used to look at the goodies in the office and say, "I can't have that." I would tell her she could have it. It was a choice she had to make. She liked to wear it like a badge of honor. I mean really unless she was allergic or made her sick, it was her own diet dogma that kept her from eating anything. She should have said, "I choose not to eat that."

Lord, there went a rant from me! LOL!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:42 AM   #1036
Blabbermouth!!!

Just checkin in. Hoping all is well and you're just having fun with family
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Blondie! Hope all is well on your end of the country!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #1038
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Blonde! Wondering about you and hoping you're having some fun.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #1039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girls!! Yep, fun fun fun and I'm exhausted. My brother and SIL are on the way home today and it's time for me to get back in the saddle and lose some weight. It's been non-stop everyday, trying to pack as much as possible into a short visit. I'm relieved to have some down time this weekend and to get back on track again. I may or may not have gained, eating has been sporadic. The funny thing is, when I'm really busy I hardly give food a thought at all.

I haven't been here to check, I didn't feel like I could give enough time to my friends here. I've missed you and your support!!

Here's to February!!! WOOT!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #1040
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you had a good visit, Blonde. Even when you'll miss people, it's always nice to get back to normal though.

February is going to be great for us, I just know it!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #1041
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad the visit was so much fun!!! Even happier to see you back here with us!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #1042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday Monday

Aaaand....I'm back. No fanfare. No balloons. No confetti. Hubby is back to work, company is back home and I'm back to reality...that bites. Work today, tomorrow and Wednesday...good thing, I'm out of tip money.

Today will be a VLC day, gotta get my cravings under control (again). I need to find the 'power' to say no.

Rain here today, boy do we need it! Crossing my fingers for strength!!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #1043
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you're back, you were missed!

Reality does bite, doesn't it?!

I have no doubt that the cravings will be gone quickly, vlc does such wonders.

Enjoy the rain!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #1044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Dani! I've been around the boards visiting friends and I've really missed a lot. I'm so glad to be back, I had forgotten how much strength can be gained through these friendships.

I thought of you yesterday, we ran to the store and there were Girl Scouts everywhere....with cookies. I gave them the sign of 'bad juju' and kept going.

I have to get back in too many saddles today. Back to work, back to LC, back to moving around....yuck. I need an attitude adjustment.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #1045
Blabbermouth!!!

Being here every day definitely keeps me going!

Haha, well, there's been a time or two where I felt like giving those scouts "the sign" alright..... But I figured they'd either come dogpile me or the mean looking mother's that were with them would beat me up

Attitude adjustment.... yeah, BTDT!!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #1046
Major LCF Poster!

I've definitely needed an attitude adjustment lately...I have not wanted to deal with people & that's part of the problem. LOL!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce and Dani~ January was HARD. I've been so up and down and busy as heck...I've already got a head start on February...I've paid all of my bills AND I did my taxes on Sunday before the game started!

DD the Younger came over this morning before work and offered up some sage advice regarding diet and exercise. Of course I've heard it all before but she was so earnest I had to pay attention. She's my health conscious kid, she runs and hikes and goes to the gym, follows weight watchers for accountability and being 5'8 and 140 pounds of slim she only lost 12lbs last year (started at 152) about a pound a month! WILD. I told her 12 pounds a year is not enough for me but she pushed me into doing it again. I told her I would give 'counting points' three whole months and if I didn't lose at least 20 pounds I was done with it. OY VEY.

What can it hurt? I'm floundering anyway. I love veggies. I can still have meat and still avoid grains...what the heck. I really want this to be my year...to take it off for good. I promised my Doctor I would try very hard to lose weight and I have 6 months 'til my next appt...to make some good improvement.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:45 AM   #1048
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I can't hurt girl! WW is a great plan. You can still taylor it to your needs/desires. You choose what to spend your points on! Thinking of you girl!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Monica! I make myself crazy with all my switches and changes. I think being accountable is a big deal. When I'm not accountable I gain weight like crazy. I've been reading about 5:2 and some other stuff about keeping insulin lowered. I have pretty high BG, considered pre-diabetic so getting the weight off will only help that issue. I made some headway before by doing all veg days with WW. I don't know, just gotta keep trying. If I look back over my journals...this seems to be my M-O. It's time to progress.

I actually stayed on point yesterday and ate well to boot. I don't want to gross anyone out with my veggie concoctions, but if you like carrots and curry...I peeled and sliced carrots into my small crock pot, added a can of diced tomatoes, 2 tsp of chicken broth powder, 1 tbls of curry powder and 2 cups of water. I cooked on low all day. Made a wonderful soup/side dish. I drank the broth when I got home from work and ate the carrots with my dinner. I do love curry but you could add your favorite spices.

Today is my eldest child's birthday and tomorrow is her youngest child's birthday...This "middle-of-the-week" stuff is not very fair for the birthday girls. Not sure what do...plan something for this weekend or do something tonight for both? I know she took the day off from work.....but I have to work, at least until 2 pm.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #1050
Blabbermouth!!!

I think if WW gives you the sort of accountability you need, then I say go for it!

Enjoy your time with the birthday girls!

I was all in until you said carrots...I hate cooked carrots

....now, regular ole crunchy carrots? Those I could eat for days!