Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Amber, you are so hard on yourself! You know it's impossible to gain 15lbs of fat in 12 days...so LC will help you get that water off. I know a couple of days of VLC will stop the cravings too. Worked for me, anyway. I'm seriously considering going back to my Italian sweet cream....SF of course. I think DH likes the half n half but he's also been supplementing with aerosol whipped cream (Christmas)...Hang in there!!!

Danielle, LOL, yes good thing he didn't get a hat!

I didn't make it to the store last night...I think some Fage will be good. Did you know when I bought my book The 100 several month ago, there were some tips in there for women over 40...not carb cycling...exactly. He calls the higher carb days "Happy" menus, for those who need a few more "feel good" carbs due to PMS, or menopause. I didn't get that far in the book before, not ready to count anything at the time...I'm giving it a closer look, hoping to help myself stay on the LC circuit for awhile...I'm liking the way I feel.

Definitely have to hit the store today...I'm about out of food....
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #962
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Mmmmm I love redi-whip

So now it's YOUR turn to go to the store! I just finished with my yogurt.....I think I could've done about another 1/2 a serving today, woke up extra hungry for some reason

Happy menus~ I like that! At first when I read it, I saw "happy meals".... apparently someone is dreaming about French fries and bendable buddies
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Blonde! Oh my goodness in regards to your fall...thank goodness you're ok!

I end up with mysterious bruises on my legs, personally. Sometimes I wonder if poltergeists are punching me in my sleep.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 AM   #964
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde be careful you could have really hurt yourself, I have now taken to alternating, one cup SF Italian Creme one with half and half, LOL One thing I will not give up coffee, but I am cutting back I would get a large iced after lunch and I am giving that up, it was -2 here this morning!!!!! I cant wait for Vegas!!!!
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #966
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
OUCH! How are you feeling by now? Don't you feel like an idiot when you fall down? You just wonder how it even happens. But it does happen to us all. I think the gravity has a burst and just gets real strong for a moment during those episodes. I haven't been able to explain why everyone doesn't fall down right then too, but I'm sure science will back me up at some point.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ladies, mercifully I'm fine. It does make one think, though. I have got to do something to get stronger. I'm not prepared to turn my power over to age.

Had a fabulous day yesterday food wise until someone brought pizza to my house and then left it here...I know you've all heard about my pizza fetish...anyway, I ate pizza (not too much) and today is back on track. Not too much is half of what I would normally have pounded down...

My plan for the morning (in a few minutes) is to hop on the stationary bike and strengthen my knees and get some blood pumping. We're taking a drive today for awhile. I think DH is going to stop smoking today. He doesn't smoke a lot...2 or three a day at the most during the week, more on the weekend. I'm a little nervous about his propensity to be grumpy when he's smoking...this could go either way. It will certainly be better for me...no temptation laying around.

Have a good one girlies! Make it so.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #968
Blabbermouth!!!

Still haven't gotten my bike yet... I'm thinkin I may survive without it for awhile....I seem to be doing ok with just the dvd's and some walking outside.. the walking outside here is less than ideal just cause of where we live but it's doable if I just quit complaining about the not-so-idealic-conditions

Pizza..... I used to love pizza. I dunno what happened, but for whatever reason, I just don't miss it. Now, DH and the kids, they could slam down some pizza for sure!

Good luck with DH on the smoking thing....will be amazing when he's all done with that!

Have a great day!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Honey.... really good work on the exercise! It's a major step and inside or outside....it's all good for you!

Been out for most of the day and came home with kind of a 'sick' headache...the kind that make you think you might throw up if it doesn't go away?

I left some chicken cooking with tomatoes and chili powder, sounded so good this morning but smells weird to me at the moment.

I've stayed LC all, having vegetables with the chicken if I get hungry enough. Hope your day was good!!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #970
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw I hope the headache goes away those kind are oogie

Be careful w your chicken... Does DH think it smells funny or is it cause of your headache that it seems wonky? I'm freaked out about chicken right now if you read in my journal about the hubb's experience last night

Glad it was a great day! Go you!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #971

Hey Blonde way to go on the exercise!!!!! That is a good thing to just get on the bike and start to pedal away put it someplace where you can watch TV or something and say I am going to pedal through 1 show you will be amazed how good you feel!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi my friends!

How is the new year treating you all? I always so look forward to a new year because of the sheer potential to begin again. Then a few days in I start grumbling and complaining and making excuses.

And truly, if I ever quit being stressed, I might collapse because I'm relatively sure that's pretty much all that's holding this old girl together.

Miss interacting with you lovelies. It is always such a comfort to come back and see you still here.

Well, it is almost noon and I probably need to shower and get out of this nightgown.

Hogs and quiches....

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura!!!

Spill it, girl! How are you doing?? Have you moved? Did you find a new job? I think about you all the time, and I'm thrilled that you stopped by to chat. Please come back, anytime! Hogs and quiches...?

Danielle~ Nope the chicken was fine. I was not. I missed the post about Bryan, I'll go check it out. The headache eventually went away and I felt much better. I hope you're having a good weekend!

Amber, it's so easy to get on the bike and pedal, I don't know why it's such an issue for me.... How you doing??

DH is struggling with the smoking issue. I can see it, he does not, and I'd be stupid to point it out to him. I'm not stupid. I gave him a B-12 and a 1000mg of C. I hope that helps. We're going to our DD's this afternoon, I'm sure he'll bum a ciggie when we get there....

I'm having some anxiety over going back to work this week...I can't explain it. The last time I was there was such a nightmare...I want to be an ostrich, stick my head in a hole and stay there. I do not want to go. It feels like when I was in high school and there were days that I felt 'forced' to sit in class with 29 other people when all I wanted was to be alone. Must be hormones...or lack thereof.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #974
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh phew! Glad it was not the food & glad you're feeling better.

I can imagine he's gonna get itchy about quitting... I still, to this day, do not know how I ever quit cold turkey. Hopefully it will pass quickly and he'll start feeling better about it all.

I'm sorry for how you're feeling Any idea what that could be stemming from? Just know that it will undoubtedly be quite slow now that all the crazy of holidays are over.. hang in there, friend.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friend...thank you.

You know I'm not sure exactly why I'm feeling anti-social....it could be post-holiday letdown, or something else. It could be hormonal...who can tell? I know everyone at work has passed around a flu-bug and I definitely am afraid of getting sick. It's the beginning of the year, a few days before my birthday...all of these things probably contribute. I do know that it will pass eventually...

Had a hard time staying on track last night...we won't speak of it, only to say...today is a new better day.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah, yes, I have felt like that a few times after the holidays. Yep, it WILL pass so keep your head up and keep moving!

The way you've been feeling is most likely the very big reason why you're feeling jittery with eating... it will pass! Own what you're feeling and just do your best!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! Feeling unsure or not in good control of myself also makes food choices
'iffy'. I did better yesterday, I did have wine...and I'm not sorry

Breakfast today: Fage Total, plain w/ 2 tbls of chopped pecans & a drizzle of 'not' Honey. Mmmmm.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Good. I like a girl who can say, sorry-not-sorry
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hello there, chicas! Just poppin' my head in... I've been feeling antisocial lately myself, but am hoping it gets better since TOM has left me alone. Being a woman is hard! LOL.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Are you feeling better today, my friend? I totally get that anti-social thing. Since DH has been working out of town, I realize I have become a hermit! Don't go out anywhere, just home with the darn dog. It sounds so sad but I like it a lot of the time! What does that say about me??

Ok, I remember us having close birthdays. When are you again? Mine is Wednesday and I am NOT welcoming the big 50. That makes me want to cuss. I will be glad when Wednesday is over. Seriously. I'm not one to get hung up on age but this one is hard. Really hard.

In my mind, I'm still 20 with unwrinkled skin, no gray hair and knees that don't pop in alarm every time I stand up!

Had one of our 20 somethings here in the office mention forgetting something due to old age. I said, hey, I am pushing 50. She told me when she got there she would just be glad to have made it that far. Seriously? I'm not flipping dead! I guess it is all in one's perspective.

My perspective today is WOOHOO I get to eat! After a not too hard fast day, I'm a happy girl.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Dani~ I am hard core! Hows your day progressing? I will say sorry if I am, but never ever if I'm not.

Hola Jayce!! I'm happy for you that TOM has left the building! It's been so long since TOM came to visit me, I have no excuses for my crankiness (except old age)

Laura~ I have my birthday on Friday (11th). a bit early. What are you doing for fun? That youngster co-worker of yours need a nugie on her head.

Did I ever tell y'all about my birthday number and DH? Mine is 1/11 and his is 11/1...we both have the same amount of initials in our first name and my maiden name has the same as my married name. Numerology says
this is real lucky. Maybe. I'm heading for 60 faster than I ever imagined, I'll take 58 this year. I tried to take it last year but I was confused and a year younger than I thought. I'll bet that never happens again.

Let see...my hair appt got cancel til tomorrow....I'm on track with food. I'm sleepy and need a nap. I have three hours til DH gets home.....zzzzz zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzz What a good idea!!!

I made tomato soup w/ tomato sauce, almond milk (unsweetened) onion powder, black pepper and a little shredded cheddar & a piece of crumbled crisp bacon. MMm...mmm goood!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #982
Blabbermouth!!!

So did you work today or did you give it away?
I don't blame you if you did

That's pretty interesting about all the numerology...I have a friend who lives by that stuff...astrology too.. all so interesting, indeed.

I remember last year with the birthday mix-up

Nappy time! I could prolly do with one too but I gotta leave here in a few....duty calls as always
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so nice to see some ole gang faces...

I see you and Danielle are still here..How are you guys??..Is dawn and jkaay still around or any of the other ole gangers...lol
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Stacy!!! How are you?? I have pm'd jjaay without a response and haven't heard from Dawn or Christine CQ in ages. Maybe you could give it a try. Wonderful to see you here! Yeah me and Danielle ain't goin' nowhere else.....

Danielle I'm so BAAADDDD. I never want to work. I just want to talk on the 'puter all day. I have work today. i was supposed to have my hair done yesterday but my gal was sick. So today after work.

I'm back on track and feeling much better. Either I'm hormonal as he[[ or I'm schizo...don't know which is preferred. This month is so hard for me, emotionally. January 10th is my dear brother's birthday, we lost him in 2009. My birthday is the 11th and as kids we always shared birthdays. Mom would make one cake and we'd take turns blowing out our candles. I hated that at the time, but it is fondly remembered now. My Mom passed away on January 11 1990 (yep, right on my birthday) and my oldest brother's birthday is on the 24th...he's been gone since 1988. No wonder, right? At least I have realized what's going on and can make adjustments to deal with my feelings.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #985
Senior LCF Member

Oh my word! It is no wonder that January is a tough month for you!

And you do know what is going on which puts you ahead of the game. So many times I am well into stuffing some feeling down and don't even know what it is.

And I am the queen of never want to work! I am hoping to be able to take some time off when we move and I ain't talking a week! Ideally I'd like to be off until after my daughter's wedding but that may not happen but a month would be peachy!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Hey girl..nice to see you still here...

I havent heard from any of them either, but I wil try and email jan and I might still have dawns phone number so will text her

Looks like your doing wonderfully...

I am doing ok....I am going to be a gma for the 1st time this summer, so I must get this weight off again and get healthy..I let life and stress derail me for way too long

Glad to see some friendly beautiflul faces that I know <3
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #987
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sending you
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #988

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Checking in girl! Happy New Year to you!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #989
Senior LCF Member

Hi friend! Hope you are doing well!

Old 01-09-2014, 03:37 AM   #990

Oh Blonde you have a lot going on in January, no wonder it makes you feel a little wonky, you are entitled to those feelings, and like you said, you thought about it and figured it out!!! Big Hugs to you! You are gorgeous, so no need to fear that B-day coming, embrace it! I tell everyone I am 50 and then they say wow I would have never guessed! LOL I make myself older, LOL