Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #931
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hope you are enjoying your holiday time!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #932
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Miss you, my friend
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey, lady! Hoping all is well & you are relaxing.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello my lovely friends and Happy (almost) New Year!! Yes to you all, I've been enjoying my holiday, hanging out with DH and my children (here and there), taking long drives...the weather has been so gorgeous, in the 70's all week and crystal clear at the beach (no fog or clouds). I've loved spending time with my husband...he's a hoot.

On the food front and JUDDD front, I have also been on Holiday. I won't make excuses, I chose to be lax in my ways and had a very bad moment yesterday when the jeans I wore two weeks ago wouldn't zip....it was almost a meltdown, then I got a hold of myself and reminded myself that it was my own doing with willfulness and aforethought. Today is a better day, I've eaten clean and healthy...low carb and only when hungry. My hope is a few more days like this and I'll be ready to fast a day.

Does anyone else think that the 'forbidden foods" eaten over the holiday weren't really that great?

Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for the NEW YEAR (when I will unceremoniously turn 58 on the 11th) and hopefully will not be crying in my beer (or wine) or birthday cake....

Thanks for checkin' on me!!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #935
Blabbermouth!!!

She lives!!

I'm so happy to hear you're having such a good time w the family and the hubs!!

I think we can relate to the going off track for the holiday. I'm firmly back on track and oh so thankful! I can honestly say that lots of the foods I ate were actually tasty my body is thanking me for just saying no again!

Sorry about the jeans ( been there a time or 2!) but know that it's only temporary.

No crying allowed .... You're a young'un!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #936
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, sunshines!

Some of the food I had was "meh" & other dishes were yummy...I think my water bloat right now is from excess amounts of wine last weekend. LOL!

Glad to have you all as friends here...have a great day!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #937
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #938
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Blonde, I did exactly the same thing, taking a JUDDD break over the holiday week. I think we deserved it, and we'll get right back to it this week, and won't even remember those "jeans not zipping" moments. It's mostly water puff anyway!

Happy New Year! So glad you're enjoying your family, and it sounds like DH is back in your good graces!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #939
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

May 2014 bring lots of losses in the weight department and lots of pluses in the rest of your life!

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL DANI! She's ALIVE, Alive!! Happy New Year!! Really glad to hear you're back on track! Me too! Still doing low carb today...and I got up this morning and put the jeans on and zipped them...I must have really been suffering some major bloat. I still wouldn't want to sit in them and eat... I know I'm a relatively youngin (it's all relative, right)? Still, fat and 58 sounds like the last ten years of my life....At least I don't give up, have to give myself some credit.

Jayce! Yeah some of my food was meh...some tasty, honestly nothing really blew my mind (just my diet). I'm stoked to be back in control. Happy New year to you!! I'm so glad to have you all as friends too!

Carol! Happy New Year! I agree, I think it was good to take a 'planned' break (like we did)...so much better than trying and failing everyday due to Holiday pressures. I think too, giving ourselves permission makes it seem 'not desperate" and therefore, not binge-y. Yes dear dear HUbby. Back in my good graces. Lucky for him I forget quickly...to be honest, the farther I get from the 'cable TV' the less I'm inclined to want to watch. I do watch Netflix at night after dinner for a couple of hours. My TV 'time' has fallen dramatically, that has to be better for me...right?

So as I said, still doing low carb lots of salad and chicken, some salmon...having a London Broil for dinner with..um...more salad. I got some stuff to make crudites this evening. Celery, radishes, mini sweet peppers and some feta, cream cheese & goat cheese to make a little stuffing for the veggies. Also some baby dills to wrap with turkey pepperoni and black forest thin sliced ham. I'll probably have red wine tonight, it's New Years Eve. Sorry for all the food talk, hope I'm not making anybody hungrier than they should be.

New Years Resolutions?? Anyone? DH and I want to make a huge effort toward whole foods, less processed or boxed food, and less 'fake food". For myself I want to 'move more' (walking in particular) and get back to gluten free. I was doing way better when I let go of wheat. The whole foods thing will be on me, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer.

Have you ever felt that certain foods were so detrimental to your diet that you never want to allow them in your home again? Flour tortillas, Everything Bagels, cheetos, corn chips....just add a good portion of cheese to any of things and it's a recipe for total diet failure...for me. I must get a grip.

Love Hugs and Happiness to us all in 2014!!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-31-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #941
Blabbermouth!!!

Hooray for zipped up jeans!
Lately I have been able to do some serious bloat when I go off track, it's nuts!

My only resolutions are really to just keep going and to move more... I would like to be able to prepare for a half marathon, even some 5k's towards the end of next year... it's already been a wish of mine. Can't do any of that if I don't MOVE!

Sugar in general is just bad bad bad for me...it creates such a craving for me I tend to no longer be able to consume a lot of "bready" type stuff anymore, or I just don't want it...but sugar, yeah, that's the debil!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year! I agree with your desire to consume more whole foods...I gotta work on this! I was so sick to my tummy last night & realized I can't eat potato chips anymore. Last 2 times I have, I've had horrible pain & heartburn...totally not worth it!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Snew Year! What's Snew? Nothing much, what's snew with you?

Ugh, yes girls!! Sugar and convenience foods! Bloat and aching bellies are the worst! I have had my share, and I'm tired of it.

First to go this year: Non-dairy creamer. Yes I love it. I buy (used to buy) Flavored SF creamer...Substitution?...half n half. Not sure how I feel about liquid milk products...but it's real food. DH is on board for this one. Results: Meh. I may give up coffee altogether....and drink iced tea instead.

Next: Gluten. I had some major success last year when I gave up gluten. Little by little the stuff crept back into my daily consumption...so today I'm off to Sprouts for some Johanns Bakery GF bread. I'll be dragging the grand girls along with me.

Diet Sodas: last fall I gave up (mostly) diet sodas. While I won't say that I'll never have diet coke again, I will say "not everyday or even every week". Once in a while if I'm desperate. Substitutions? Tea, water, green tea, water...etc.

Eggbeaters: On principle, if I want eggs, I'll eat eggs.

Carbs: Not all carbs, just the bad ones, the empty ones, the ones without any redeeming social value. Like..potato chips (and chips in general) white sugar (and brown, lol)..etc. Subs? Dark chocolate, homemade GF goodies using Xylitol, or Splenda. Both fake sugars I know
but I have to be realistic.

Learn to make GF goodies: This is a biggy and a challenge, but it could also be fun.

That's all I can commit to at this time. I think it's a good start.

Where's everybody's head today on the 2nd day of 2014? Feeling great? Powerful? Something else?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

G'mornin lady!

Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start!

I like the sf flavored creamers....too much...I don't like half n half so much ... I LOVE HWC... which is so high calorie that I end up with the sf creamers I figure if it's the "worst" of my eating then I am way way WAY ahead of the game over years passed.

I do need to revamp my eating...boredom is very much at play the last couple weeks mixed in with the holidays.. I'll tell ya, it's been hard the last week or so with DS home...a lot of days I've found myself just making his favorite stuff and making something separate for me simply because I don't have the energy to explain my eating style.... not living here he has zero clue what his ole mom has been up to
Old 01-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle I love my SF creamer, it makes my coffee possible...I don't like the 1/2&1/2...yuck. I may have to give up coffee or go back to the favorite...In the grand scheme of things it could be worse...

OMG explaining the woe, especially to those that have seen me go thru a dozen different things? Just relating to what you said. What kind of variety are you thinking? I know that's a tough one. I didn't post it but I weighed in at 223.4 this morning. Not bad for all the crap I sampled over the last week and a half.....still NOT JUDDDing, but doing ultra low LC yesterday and medium today. For some reason I can't get it together to fast but I'd be willing to bet I was well under 1000 calories yesterday.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, I tried to forego my coffee and I thought, what for? I mean, it's 1 measly cup (sometimes 2 if I decide on an evening cup-which isn't often)...and if I have sf creamer in it, who cares? It's 30 calories and it's not hurting anyone. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

He's in such a funky place right now, it feels like we've been defending everything since he's been here...I did NOT want to get into my food program with him!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #947
Blabbermouth!!!

You will get to the fasting when you're ready. Listen to your body!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you honey!! That's such good advice. I'm trying really hard to listen to my body. I know that just doing LC has taken the 'angst' out of my daily food fight. You make a compelling argument for my beloved creamer...that's why I appreciate you so much!

I'm so sorry DS is having a hard time...

When are you going to 'Selfie" the new 'do?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #949
Blabbermouth!!!

Just keep listening and you'll know when it's right to do it.... that's what I do with my slingshot weeks..

Yep, hoping this is just a blip on the radar for him and he'll figure it out..He's a smart kid so I think he will sooner rather than later. I know he doesn't like how he's feeling so he's been very pro-active in finding ways to feel better.

I haven't liked any of the pictures I've done so far-- feels like my hair is in a state of rebellion for cutting it Seriously, it has not wanted to be 100% compliant, something is always sticking up or curly or frizzy
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Just keep listening and you'll know when it's right to do it.... that's what I do with my slingshot weeks..

Yep, hoping this is just a blip on the radar for him and he'll figure it out..He's a smart kid so I think he will sooner rather than later. I know he doesn't like how he's feeling so he's been very pro-active in finding ways to feel better.

I haven't liked any of the pictures I've done so far-- feels like my hair is in a state of rebellion for cutting it Seriously, it has not wanted to be 100% compliant, something is always sticking up or curly or frizzy

Sorry, the visual made me laugh...
Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just FYI...food for thought....

"One thing that stuck with me from Robb Wolf's book was that people who have had gallbladder removal are most certainly celiac even if undiagnosed. So the gluten I pack in during a binge week could be doing untold damage. I have been living in a fool's paradise."

I have never heard this before, although I've heard of Robb Wolf, I haven't read any of his stuff.

Interesting...I've had no gallbladder for well over ten years and was eating VEGAN when it was removed....
Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #952
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Sorry, the visual made me laugh...
It is quite funny. Especially the part where I freak out on a daily basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
"One thing that stuck with me from Robb Wolf's book was that people who have had gallbladder removal are most certainly celiac even if undiagnosed. So the gluten I pack in during a binge week could be doing untold damage. I have been living in a fool's paradise."

I have never heard this before, although I've heard of Robb Wolf, I haven't read any of his stuff.

Interesting...I've had no gallbladder for well over ten years and was eating VEGAN when it was removed....
Very very interesting indeed.....

You should ask your doc to run the antibody test AT&T he very least to see if anything shows up. DD17 had it run and she didn't even register anything. But she was off the charts for soy and wheat allergies.

AT&T ? Really? Dang iPad! I meant to say, at the very least.....

Last edited by DesertGurl; 01-02-2014 at 09:59 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #953
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
AT&T ? Really? Dang iPad! I meant to say, at the very least.....

Happy New Year Blonde! Yes, our planned break was fun, and delicious. And I'm ready to get back to normal now. I'm going VLC for a couple of weeks at least. I want to feel flat and empty again, instead of puffy and bloated like I have for at least a week now.

I've fallen back into the diet soda trap again myself, and as of today - no more! I love my Diet Dr Pepper, but I do think it may have contributed to a bit of a stall. I'm sticking to my coffee/hwc and a renewed commitment to iced tea.

Don't worry about the JUDDDing until it feels right. Just doing LC is a good start, and I thought about doing that myself. Today's my first DD in a couple of weeks, and so far it's feeling real good. But I was definitely ready for it. You'll get there!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AT & T another laugh out loud moment!!!

Dani don't worry, your hair will mind you soon, if not 100%.

Carol, yes VLC is a good idea. It does help cut the sugar cravings pretty quickly. Sounds like you have a good plan too!

Soooo...I fell down, again. I'm typing slowly...I hurt my right wrist. Got my foot hung in the cord to the blinds in my bedroom...turned around to see what I was hung up on and fell over sideways....gah. Caught my wrist on the wall (trying to slow my fall) ow! Slid down the closet door and sat for a few minutes hoping my wrist would work. It does...in most positions. This clumsy stuff sucks...falls happen so fast but it seems like you have a lot to worry about on the way down......

Thanks goodness I was alone, otherwise I would have had to rocket up and say "I'm okay, it's okay"!!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

heehee..well, I aim to please!

OMG, are you OK???? That sounded kinda scary! I am the family klutz around here....I trip over my own 2 feet much of the time...I don't need anything to get tangled in. Apparently just walking is enough to send me down a flight of stairs....yes, I've done that...... TWICE!
My DD has inherited her mother's clumsy-gene and has tripped over her own 2 feet more than once..

So, the grocery store...tells you how often I go, the lil cute English manager saw me today and whooped & fawned all over my haircut.....I thought it was very telling...I turned to DD when we left, "we come here entirely too much."
Old 01-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Again with the one-liners! You are on a roll today!

Yeah, I'm okay...the wrist is better but I have a pull in my right side probably from landing on it. I took a couple a Advil and sat in the easy chair, playing "Bad Piggies" with Madison. It's funny, about 10 minutes after it happened I suddenly felt extremely sleepy...like a blanket had been drawn over me. The adrenalin rush wearing off, I would imagine. I'm still feeling a little off...

The grand girls are starting to bicker over the handheld videos they are playing (apparently together)...Did you know you can do that? Play together in the same place on different contraptions? DD gets off work in 10 minutes, I'm ready to have a tiny bit of peace

Tomorrow, a repeat. I think I'll drag them out to lunch........
Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #957
Blabbermouth!!!

I guess I must be feeling extra sassy today?

You didn't hit your head did you? Adrenalin, nasty lil bugger sometimes.

Yes, those handheld contraptions are a trip....the kids had that stuff when they were little...it was a nice babysitter once in a while .....until they started to fight Lunch sounds nice! I wanna go out to lunch with you.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish you could go!!!We'd have fun!
Hmm extra sassy, and omg is my sense of humor back? I thought it went with the cable TV. Every funny thing you've said today has made my belly shake like jello.

No, thank goodness, I didn't hit my head...it's weird, it's all about instincts when you start to fall...I grabbed out for the wall with my right hand and grabbed the hat rack with my other. DH's Christmas stuff (sweaters & socks etc) were in a bag on the floor and I slid down the closet door and sat on them. LOL!!!

Having another great LC day...breakfast eggs, chicken salad (I didn't finish the greens) and not sure yet about dinner...Can I say for the thousandth time, I really feel physically better counting carbs and staying away from wheat? Well I'm saying it again.....

I think I'll make a 'short' store run when hubby gets home and the girls take off. I think I need some Fage...and green beans...and maybe a cauliflower...and um...a pork loin....(for tomorrow).

This probably my last transmission until tomorrow morning.

HUGS!!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #959
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I'm glad I could make you laugh at least!

I guess it's a good thing he didn't get a hat for Christmas, eh?
Glad you didn't bonk your head or knock anything over on top of you on your way down! Sheesh, looks like we'll have to give you a plastic bubble too...

I honestly love my yogurt every morning...so yummy.. Hhmmm, now I'm thinking about roasted cauliflower...... I didn't get any today...drats!

Alrighty, well, don't fall down again, or forget to laugh.. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #960
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde I agree some things I ate were yummy and some I ate cause it was there and it was not great! You are doing the exact opposite of me I always used half and half I ate flavored coffee, but I like this new SF Italian sweet cream, no splenda needed and only 15 vs 50 and lower fat so I am giving that a whirl along with cutting out my 24 ounce after lunch coffee, going to give LC a go to get some of this mess off, holy crap I gained 15 pounds of bloat in 12 days!!!! Talk about a pork roll!!!