Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Jayce! Good Morning to you!

I wish I knew about the thyroid testing. All I know about is the basic tests. I think there are some here who are all too familiar. May I suggest posting a new thread with a request for info? I'd be interest as well. I have heard that for some, the 'regular' testing did not reveal an issue and further testing did. IDK.

Yeah, I'm excited to read the book! I know that his first book is the 'classic' carb-cycling and the new book offers more food, more information and a few different ways to carb-cycle as well as the 'classic'. I'm so happy for Dani, she's on a roll and feeling great.

Great job going to the Y, BTW!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Yep, it sits on my end table. It's saved me a time or two I also LOVE that he & Heidi both answer questions on their pages when you can't find a definitive answer in the book. I feel like he's truly set me up to win and to finally beat this thing. What will be fun is to send him before & after pics of my journey!

I need to clean out my master closet---gotta make room in there for xmas presents.. it looks like a bomb went off in there lately I'm also going to try and get some decorations up today cause I think we're getting our tree tonight.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for the Christmas tree!!! Boo for the closet cleaning

I'm hiding my book from DH right now...so no coffee table...yet.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #814
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahahhaha! Really? Will he start rolling his eyes & start sighing loudly when he sees CP has come to keep you company? .....it's not like I've experienced that before with my own dearest hubbs, or anything
Basically I just gave him "the look"---the one that said, shut-yo-mouth-I'll-do-what-I-want-because-I'm-me-and-you-can't-make-me-stop-so-don't-even-try-I-LOVE-Chris-Powell.....he never said a word
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know, right? He is so gung-ho behind JUDDD...I don't want to disturb him...yet. I'm so not good at explaining myself...

Man, my whole life I've had to keep secrets of some kind or another...maybe that's my bottom line....
Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #816
Blabbermouth!!!

It's wonderful that he is so supportive of JUDDD-but then the question needs to be asked, does he want to see you lose weight and feel good about your accomplishements? I know, a fine line... I think you might be surprised when you tell him..I bet he gets excited with you at the possibilities. If you decide you're going to do it, give it a full cycle and then decide whether you'll stick with it... what's a month in the grand scheme of things? It's exactly what I said to myself and here I am...
Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brunette
WOE: low carb
Hi ..Danielle! Hi Blonde!

You ladies made me smile...reading your conversation about getting the book..

I went ahead and told DH..I had ordered it....and the Dvd's..I knew what he was thinking......Here she goes again!! another new diet...another book..ha..ha..

I have wayyy to many! Oh well....I am excited to give it a try...sounds like it may work for me....I hear ya about the exercise...and getting started....I want to join a gym...just not ready yet....thats why I thought I would try doing something at home for awhile first...I have a treadmill..and do that sometimes..also Leslie Sansone walking tapes...I Like walking outside but to cold for that right now...Dani. We have been to Phoenix twice...and love it! had fun hiking a few of those mountains out there! Thats what I would be doing if I lived there. We have stayed in Mesa and Peoria..

Oh well...baby steps right? yesterday...I increased my water intake...and was surprised that my energy level was up...

Book should be here by Friday...

Have a Great day ladies!
Brunette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #818
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeann View Post
Hi ..Danielle! Hi Blonde!

You ladies made me smile...reading your conversation about getting the book..

I went ahead and told DH..I had ordered it....and the Dvd's..I knew what he was thinking......Here she goes again!! another new diet...another book..ha..ha..

I have wayyy to many! Oh well....I am excited to give it a try...sounds like it may work for me....I hear ya about the exercise...and getting started....I want to join a gym...just not ready yet....thats why I thought I would try doing something at home for awhile first...I have a treadmill..and do that sometimes..also Leslie Sansone walking tapes...I Like walking outside but to cold for that right now...Dani. We have been to Phoenix twice...and love it! had fun hiking a few of those mountains out there! Thats what I would be doing if I lived there. We have stayed in Mesa and Peoria..

Oh well...baby steps right? yesterday...I increased my water intake...and was surprised that my energy level was up...

Book should be here by Friday...

Have a Great day ladies!
Happy to hear you got the book! I love Leslie Sansone, I have a few of those, I should dig those out too.. Oh, yeah, see, I'm not so much of a desert, dry heat kinda girl I can't wait until we leave here in a few years! Mesa & Peoria..I'm in between both. As for mountain hiking...wouldn't dare do it at this weight...all I need is to get stranded somewhere and end up on the news!
GREAT that you were able to increase water! It's so hard to do during the colder months, so great job!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
There is a difference in carb and calorie count each day so a bit of cycling going on in Chris's program. Tell hubby it is a variation of JUDDD if that helps! I know Dr. Mosley of 5:2 fame has said if you find the low calories too hard, to just eat protein on you low cal days.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Janeann! I'm glad you got the book. I read mine cover to cover yesterday and overnight when I couldn't sleep. It looks like a great program. I haven;t decided exactly when to start it...I may wait until January and continue my JUDDD journey but I haven't quite decided. I have many books as well...so we are all well read. I think that's a good thing! I too have and love Leslie Sansone! I wish I had a treadmill here, I would do the incline at a slow pace and just sizzle the fat away....

Hey Dani~ Loved the book, and I'll be studying it over the next few days and weeks...gearing up. You are definitely my inspiration in this. I'm so stoked that it's working so well for you!

Seabreezes~ funny you should mention that JUDDD-like connection. I can't put my finger on it, it has to be the up cals and down cals...I think that's why it looks so doable to me. Also a great argument for DH...'a form of JUDDD' in that is a bit alternate calorie...maybe enough for him to give it a pass.

SO...I woke up at 1:30 am and finished the book and never went back to bed...can you say "afternoon nap"? I am inspired to get on my stationary bike for 30 minutes this morning...a DD for me. I'm skipping breakfast and having soup and salad at my favorite place with my BFF...then water for dinner.

What's everyone else doing today?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #821
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH MY, up since 1:30 a.m.! How fun eating lunch out with BFF! That is totally work the skipping breakfast and water for dinner!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #822
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so glad you liked the book! Something about it, and him... the whole thing just makes me smile

The idea of "rotations" on cycling is why I think the reward day hasn't been a big huge deal to me... the HC days to me are decadent..those extra 300 cals PLUS more carbs? Heck yeah! Who needs reward day!

No plans here...'cept maybe to attempt a workout
We're sitting high 30's right now, temp wise..I'm staying inside.....
May attempt getting some more decorations out...we never did get our tree yesterday, either!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A 1200 calorie day as opposed to under 500...that seems decadent!

Girly get your tree going...it's a perfect day for inside tree decorating!

Imma do a work out too.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

EXACTLY. My body clearly doesn't like the ultra low cals.. and just think, I was so worried when i first started this that I wouldn't lose on "so many" calories

Today is gonna be a multi-cuppa kinda day... my feet are like ice blocks this morning Then, maybe decorating....
Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning!

I am planning on having soup for lunch too -- it's light Progresso clam chowder, but pretty good. I'm sure yours will taste better though!

Good for you with the workout plans! I set my alarm for 5:10 & didn't get up...feeling like crap, and I'm cooking dinner tonight so I can't go immediately after work. I may go to the gym around 7'ish though to at least walk on the treadmill.

I am going to go investigate on Chris Powell's site again -- I remember seeing some good info there before.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #826

How was lunch??? BIg plans for this weekend?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Just a very fast ! I am among the living! Missing my friends! Prepping to sell the house and move!

We actually got a snow/ice day today so no work! I am "supposed" to be packing up and organizing the office. DH is in town and if he walks in I am so busted!

But just wanted to let you guys know I think of you and miss you!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girls!!!

Jayce~ Turns out the only thing that got worked yesterday was my wallet! It's very skinny now.... I did a small amount of Christmas shopping. Yum I love soup. It's a comfort food to me.

Monica
~ Lunch was really good. I had a huge vegetable salad and a small cup of soup. I'm guessing around 400 calories or so with the dressing, etc. The great thing is, my evening was just some chicken broth...and I felt okay. I think eating my main meal at lunchtime on my DD is best way to go for me. I did that 2x this week and felt okay all evening. Perhaps I've found my DD sweet spot.

Dani~My feet also freeze and if they get cold, I can't warm up. First thing in the mornings, before I roll out of bed, I pull on my Bear Paws (also known as UGGS, just a different brand). My feet stay toasty all morning and I feel much better for it. I highly recommend them to anyone with cold feet.

Up day today and my main focus is to have a regular up day without any up up and away. I think having all these leftovers around (of course they're all gone now) and other goodies...my up days have been a bit out of control. No wonder I'm stalled. So...planning to be accountable today, that means 'counting' my calories and stopping when they reach the 'stop' point.

I may try to fit in a smidge more shopping. AND~ I'm returning my Chris Powell book to the store and ordering it online line. Doing this will save me $6+...I know that seems weird but it's the principle. I was going to order it, then saw the 'pick up in store' button. Faster right? Well yes, and FULL price, not the online price. Barnes and Noble...bah humbug. I am a member so I get free express shipping. Makes no sense, I saved them money by going to the store...and they repaid me by gouging me.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-06-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #829
Blabbermouth!!!

I really need to get out there and do some more shopping...I'm behind this year. The older kids are harder to shop for so it's taking me longer.. of course DD19 wants another tattoo (we gave her $ for one last year--her first 1) and daddy bear isn't so sure... I do think we will do that for DS this year--he's had artwork ideas for awhile now so I think him and his dad will make a day of it. DD19 not-so-much! This from the girl who has announced that she is considering a mohawk

Glad that the DD turned out so wonderful...ther is a sweet spot with them I am convinced of it. I hope this is yours!

OMG that whole thing with B&N drives me nuts! I think members should get the online price IN store...it's only fair! DH goes 'round & 'round with the employees there with this...and they can never give a real difinitive answer..he had this one guy so flustered one time I thought he was gonna cry...poor guy! I'd return that book too & get it onlline!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know, I read the whole thing in one sitting but there is NO WAY I would try to do this with out the book I'm tired of flying by the seat of my pants!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

WORD
Old 12-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #832
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
How exciting that you are looking into Chris Powell's plan! I just love him.

I don't really know where I am on my Christmas shopping. I have a bunch of things, but now I need to "inventory" and see if I need to get anything else for anyone. I have 3 people I ship to and need to get my rum balls and cookies made so I can include them in the packages. SO MUCH TO DO!

Do you guys still do Christmas cards? I feel horribly guilty if I don't, but my list is getting smaller by the year.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday up day work day cold day....

Happy Monday Morning...it's really cold in SoCal!!!

Carol, my Christmas card list is down to a very few....weird huh? I can remember when I used to send out 30 or so every year.....

Yes, I'm thinking about Chris's program but for now I'm going to continue to JUDDD. I have to refine it somewhat, I have to be more careful on my up days not to let the calories go beyond a certain point. I have the metabolism of a turtle. I got on the scale the other day and I had actually gained weight. This would have spun me out (more) had my clothes not been fitting better. I know the scale doesn't reflect water weight or muscle growth...still it was slightly demoralizing.

Work all week this week...the good news is I'll get more movement & money, the bad news is...well not really a downside, except that I'm lazy...
Old 12-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #834

OH I send cards to everyone! My list is 90+! *blush*

Don't work too hard this week girl!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #835
Blabbermouth!!!

I haven't done cards in years... I dunno why i stopped

Work all week... good spin ya got on it! ...but no, you're not lazy, just smart to wanna stay in your house where it's warm!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg omg omg omg....DD. Yay!

I opened a huge can of worms yesterday, talking about a vegan 21 day challenge...started a riot on my FB page, deleted the post and I'm still answering questions.....agh! Never try to change your ways...publicly.

DD today for me. I had 2 days of vegan eating then last night...epic fail. I don't want to talk about it. I'm just trying to eat better...that's all.

I came home from work yesterday feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Took 2 Advil and went to bed still aching last night. I feel better this morning, I'll pre-medicate before work and maybe won't hurt so much afterward.

I think instead of trying to conquer the world...I should just take baby steps to eliminate things that are not good for me, starting with dairy. Just dairy. Everything else is okay.

How's everyone else?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha! I saw that! So weird how people get when you talk about something they don't know much about, huh?

I had extra food yesterday too...I think it was just the boredom of not having DH around for the night I've not done anything like that in the entire 3 months I've been carb cycling....

I hope you're not coming down with something? DH is sick here and I am busily wiping, and cleaning, and sanitizing everything! I keep flashing back to last year when I was sick for 2 months at the end of the year!

Feel better!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #838
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you're feeling better today, Blonde. I hate that exhausted, achy feeling!

Interesting about your trying vegan. I know I wouldn't make it - my body loves protein much more than it does carbs. It's intriguing though. What made you want to try the challenge?

Have a great day!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, I'm coming down with a bad case of "I can't lose a frickin' pound"....

No, Honey I'm not sick... I'm just fat. Word. Until I wick some of this tub off I'm not going to feel as well as I should...work is so physical, I'm out of shape...

I'm going to eliminate dairy, starting today and see if it helps my joints any.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #840
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL OHHHH, ok! Well, I'd be right there with ya, babe!

I can only imagine how physical work is...if it's anything like me trying to get thru a workout with my friend, Dolvette...good grief, I swear I am traumatized by that!

Oh Lord, no dairy? Really?