Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Happy thanksgiving Blonde!!!!! Wanted to wish you and yours a happy day!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thanks Amber I hope your day was fabulous, mine sure was!!

Dani~I thought I was all set... then I had to dash out and get more paper towels and white wine (that didn't get opened), plastic forks and dessert plates (paper)...when I got home our first guests were here an hour early and caught DH in his pj's straightening up the patio! It was fine, my friend helped me get the rest of the preparations ready...

When we all sat down to eat at 3:30 everything was delish, all the 'brought in by friends' dishes were so good. The turkey was perfectly done and not dry (love cooking bags). I hadn't eaten all day, had one plate of food and I couldn't put another thing in my belly. BUMMER! No room for pie or cobbler or egg nog ice cream. Absolutely no room. Now I get to wait until tomorrow for pie....

All around it was a great day and when my DD and grand girls left at 10:30 I went straight to bed...This morning I had minimal clean-up and since I divvied up the leftovers not a whole lot to try to store in the fridge. Today is an 'all-veggie' DD. I'm starting with about 100 calories of roasted brussel sprouts...

It's almost 11:00 am and I have a feeling this is going to be a very lazy day. Very. Lazy.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #783
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like a great day!

For some reason I thought you had to work today...glad you don't!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick flyby...The tree us up and pretty. Not a real tree. A white one with white light and multi-colored, multi-sized ornaments.

DD today...so far nothing but coffee...

I'll be back in the morning....
Old 12-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #785
Blabbermouth!!!

I still haven't put up any xmas stuff... I bet your tree looks so pretty!

Mmmmmm coffee....I think I'll have another cuppa

Have a great night!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up day Monday....meh.

The tree is really pretty Danielle, I love it, did the whole thing by myself. DH was outside building a better mouse trap. You know the old saying, Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

Not to creep out any mouse-o-phobes, we have these teeny tiny mice that have sneaked in from outdoors. They aren't field mice, I'm not sure what kind they are but they are the size of the first joint of my thumb. DH put together a trap that will catch them, and then he can release them into the field down the road. It's not his invention, just something he already had that needed repair and adjustments. No, we're not Buddhists but if you could see these little creatures you wouldn't want to hurt them either. We caught one last night and he took it out this morning on his way to work....

I have a touch of 'after-turkey day' melancholy. Not sure what my deal is...could it be that I have done NO Christmas shopping at all? Could it be that my favorite holiday is over and won't be back for another year? Could it be that my birthday is just around the corner and I weight more than I did last year at this time? It could be all of these thing and some I have not brought forward to my conscious mind...

Every year right before my birthday I start having all of these thoughts about my health and not getting enough exercise and maybe eating too much junk and not enough vegetables and maybe having too much wine over the Holidays and when am I going to put my health and well being ahead of my lust for good food and the remote control on my giant TV? When?

Will this be the year that I give up all things crappy and fill my body and my senses with peace, love, understanding and an extra side of vegetables? Hold the butter, hold the cream, whole the beef? Enter exotic dishes...with names like Dal and Red curry eggplant?

I don't know. *sigh*
Old 12-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

First of all:

Second: Get out of your head! I know it's hard, I really get it. Sometimes thinking does us no good, and we already know that we are our own worst critics.. This is the time where you really gotta push those positive thoughts to the forefront and shove the negativity out.

The shopping WILL get done, the weight WILL come off, and yes, your birthday WILL come (whether ya want it to or not )... and you WILL survive and thrive and reach every goal you're heart desires. Put a different spin on it all and turn your thinking around. I bet you will come up with some pretty amazing things!
The time will pass, regardless, so make it awesome!

I love you, we all love you.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang girl! Thanks for the tough love, I needed it.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know I think part of this 'thing' is having the 'pop' taken out of favorite foods. And this is a good thing thing. When the 'charm' of eating forbidden foods is gone then something must take the place of said food. This is where emotions sometimes come to the surface and begs the question....what to do to make my life better?

The 'comfort' of eating is replaced by the discomfort of realizing that there is no real comfort in food. Just like doing drugs is something that needs to be continued in order to keep reaping the rewards of getting high...so is comfort eating. Take away the comfort and it's no longer necessary to indulge.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #790
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs

Blonde, I'm sorry you're feeling like that. It sounds like you've identified some reasons why, and they are playing head games with you. It's an emotional time of year, and those emotions go from joyful to overwhelmed to disappointed.

You will get your holiday mojo going soon. Right now just give yourself time to burrow in and take it easy. Sometimes we just need that for a day!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I agree that this time of year can be an emotional roller coaster in itself, and then you're having a birthday as well. I can relate to some of the feelings you're experiencing. With that said, I think you've gotten some good advice so far.

On a side note -- those mice sound friggin' cute! We had a little one with a white tummy come inside one time.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girlies, I'm really okay! It is an emotional time of year for sure and I'm just feeling a tiny letdown from Thanksgiving. I think it's good to realize these things and move forward.

Yes the mouse was friggin' cute! I don't want mice in my house but other than that I kinda like 'em. They're really smart.

I put in 30 minutes on the stationary bike...and will do the other 10 minutes later. My hip started hurting. DOH!

Laundry laundry everywhere, and not a Snickers in sight...
Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #793
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG on the stationary bike! It's a great workout.

About the mice. They sound so cute! And tiny. I had a field mice problem several years ago, and had to get some traps. I didn't want to, they were really cute and would peek out at me from behind the entertainment center as I watched TV. But they were leaving nasty little poopies all over everything - can't have that! My dog was getting older at that time and didn't give a spit about them. Never even batted an eye. She was a sheltie and probably thought "Well, I can't herd them, so why get all excited?"

When is this birthday you have coming up? Are you a Sagittarius too?

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #794

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
girl, keep it up! You are doing great.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

WTG on the bike action!

I totally gotta get my rear in gear with exercising again. It's soooo easy for me to be lazy this time of year.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! I hope you are feeling alittle better today. I did not mean to be tough or mean at all, I'm sorry. Not my intention! Just wanted to remind you that you have the power to change it and that we are all with you!

Great work on the bike! I still need to get one.

work today?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tuesday DD, work day

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Good morning! I hope you are feeling alittle better today. I did not mean to be tough or mean at all, I'm sorry. Not my intention! Just wanted to remind you that you have the power to change it and that we are all with you!

Great work on the bike! I still need to get one.

work today?
Dani, you weren't tough or mean! I liked what you said. No worries. I think I needed to hear it and I took it as it was intended.

Hi Monica!! Thank you!

Carol, thanks! The bike was a good workout. The problem with mice is that they will chew wires in your home and can cause electrical fires...I don't want that or the poopies. My birthday is Jan 11 and that makes me a Capricorn! I'm a true goat, too.

Jayce~ Yes, why is it so hard to getting moving?? I'm working today and the plan is to ride the bike when I get home...

I am doing my JUDDD rotations religiously...but I believe I'm going to have to get my food plan in gear if I'm going to lose any weight. Please don't yell at me, I have NOT been back to the Doctor since I was diagnosed with a cyst on my thyroid...I have noticed changes in my weight and how I feel and I think I have a metabolism issue. I haven't had my thyroid test, either. When I first did JUDDD back in 2011 I was following a mostly low carb diet and having good success with weight loss. I have not been doing that now and my weight loss is miniscule. I haven't gained any weight, thank goodness but what I'm doing right now is not producing the results I need. I also have Blood Glucose issues that haven't been resolved. Every part of my being is screaming 'go low carb' but I know that I can gain back every pound I lose if I fall off the LC wagon....

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-03-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew! I'm relieved!

Hmmmmm, well, do you think you could follow JUDDD doing the LC thing?? I know there are girls over on the JUDDD threads who follow that way? I know what a fine line LC'ing is...for you & for me... Or...what about carb cycling? I have metabollic and insulin issues as well and for whatever reason, this is working. Just a few ideas!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, you didn't think I was upset with you??? NEVER.

I like low carb, I like the energy it gives me. I worry about the backlash of falling off. I know it could be a good thing for me. I did ask some of the girls on the JUDDD thread if they were LC-ing. JUDDD is not a magic wand, I know. Certain rules need to be followed if I'm to get anywhere on this. Granted, Thanksgiving was a proverbial monkey-wrench thrown into the mix and I should realize that. I do think that I should watch the carbs and sugar like I was doing before...not going over 50 a day...but maybe I need to do something more strict. I know you are low carbing and counting calories...do you have a set amount in your carb rotation?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm pulling a book out of my bookshelf that I bought a long while back...just to review the program...it's The Metabolism Miracle and I think it deals with having carbs at certain times. IDK. Just looking.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #801
Blabbermouth!!!

I just don't ever want to do anything to upset you. That would break my wittle heart.

Yes, I have calorie counts for each day. On high carb days it's 1500, and on low carb days it's 1200. By the time the high carb days roll around it feels like absolute decadence to have that extra 300 cals!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Keep it up, you're doing great! I may have to explore a little.....
Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Do some reading on his site and see if it's something that might be interesting.. the best part about the high carb days is they're very doable as GF days.. I am virtually GF all week and about the only times I have any gluten is on reward days, and that's not all the time...
Old 12-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

I know what you mean about LCing. I absolutely love it - it changed my life and taught me so much about my body. But when you fall off, you can really fall off and the gains come back so fast! I hate that one little bite of something and you're out of ketosis for days.

Danielle is having so much luck with Chris Powers, it is definitely an attractive program! As I told her recently, if I wasn't so in love with JUDDD, I'd absolutely give it a try.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Blonde, I read somewhere that going very low carb is not good for females and their thyroid. I did very strict low carb for quite a while with hubby.

I am now on thyroid meds, have had a couple of ultrasounds and a biopsy. Nothing found, but know they will be following up in a year. I have no idea if my very low carb days caused the problem or not, but do have carbs now - not a huge amount, though. Someone else also said you should not have a lot of grains with a thyroid problem. I know you really limit the grains. I would have it looked at, though and see what is really going on.

I really have been able to maintain on JUDDD and find it to be relatively easy. I try to get 3 low cal days in during the week and enjoy the weekend. The rest of the month will be a bit of a challenge, but know I can get 2 low cal days a week in and will have to go from there.

The good thing is that you are not gaining.....

Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #806

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Not that this means anything. I have several cysts/nodules on my thyroid. They tell me to just leave it be. I am on meds for hypo, but that is all!

Let us know how it goes.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, Carol, Seabreezes ~ all very good points.

Dani~ I picked up the Chris Powell book after work yesterday and will give it a read as I continue to JUDDD. I'm not ready to jump on or off any band wagon but I do have an open mind. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm so proud of you, you are rockin that WOE! I need to determine if I can follow to the letter. I'm really glad I have the book!

Carol~ Word. When I was young, I LC'd my way to skinny (117) by eating one meal a day, all LC...as the years went by it became harder and harder to make the weight go away...and harder to stick with a plan. Every time I've ever lost a significant amount of weight, it was by cutting my calories waaay down, including the 40lbs I lost on JUDDD.

Seabreezes~ I've wondered if all the LC-ing I did as a young adult is the reason I have thyroid problems now...or maybe it's just something that sometimes happens after menopause...Ive read that lot's of people have cysts on their thyroids and don't feel it or detect it. I do need to get my blood testsx done so I can find out if I need meds. Grains...argh. Bread is my weakness in all of it's seductive forms...pizza, biscuits, sandwiches, crackers...none of the delightful low carb foods and spreads taste as good to me without the bread factor. I can fore go all the 'whole grains' including rice...but the bread calls to me.

Had a fair DD yesterday, I ended up taking in about 700 calories, not quite a MD but not really a stellar DD, either. I ate my calories mid-day so I did go to bed hungry....
Old 12-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #808
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you got the book...it is now my bible
Total easy read. There's some great before/after's in there too which is exciting to see!

Have a great day off!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know it's interesting about the book being your 'bible'...I think it takes that kind of outlook to really be successful in anything. Having a guide like that to get you through the hard times and keep you motivated, just frickin' awesome. I can hardly wait to get started on the book.

I'm looking forward to the day off, but I have to clean my bedroom...can you say tornado?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, lovely lady!

I have the 1st Chris Powell book on hold at the library -- I glanced through it before, but need to read more thoroughly. They didn't have the most recent one, and I'm too cheap to buy it right now. LOL!

Question -- what tests should you get done to accurately determine a thyroid issue? I asked my doctor about it, but he said the basic panel was enough and that mine was normal. I've heard differently though...my sister has a thyroid issue, and I have a few symptoms that make me wonder.