Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'd like to think I'm better, but if yesterday was any indication....Ummmmm, I've got some work to do.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh my....

I am hot flashing like mad.....

Dani I've decided to make today a medium day instead of tomorrow. I think I will control it better than trying to MD on a weekend. Gonna be an all veggie day.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #753
Blabbermouth!!!

All veggie day today?

Uh oh...hot flashes....

.....did you make the hair gods mad?

I am STILL laughing over here!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #754
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey Blonde just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #755
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Those hot flashes sound not fun. How did the all veggie day go?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin Girls! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

All veggie day did not pan out, no worries...2 UD's in a row and now I'm back on track for Thanksgiving UD.

Yesterday was so weird. The hot flashes were stress induced and from being helpless to defend myself in a verbal/written slap down...I'm okay today

My eldest DD got a shock yesterday when she discovered an ad on Craigslist....for her job! More hot flashes! She got it straightened out with her boss but is not quite assured....

Went to DD the younger's house last night for a Pink Zebra Party (melting scented soy wax sprinkles) and her DH got mouthy at the end of the night and they were bickering when I left (having hotflashes).....

We didn't get to bed until 2am and I slept until 10:30am.....I feel better today but man...I was so emotionally hyper yesterday I seriously wondered if I could have a heart attack.....

How are you all doing this fine Saturday morning?
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 11-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope today is a better day!

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #758
Blabbermouth!!!

Was wondering if you'd gotten "in trouble" with DD about the, hmmm, ummm, uhhhh, the great hair debate... ... I see the hot flashes continued..

sheesh, you had quite the afternoon yesterday, didn't you?
Hoping today is a better day!

2 UD's...nuttin' wrong with that!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I have a hair appt with a friend of my other DD, she went to high school with her and she owns her own shop....seeing her on Monday. Gad, I hope I'm not as neurotic as I sound......
Old 11-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani~ I have a hair appt with a friend of my other DD, she went to high school with her and she owns her own shop....seeing her on Monday. Gad, I hope I'm not as neurotic as I sound......
If you are, then I am too...just sayin....
Old 11-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Twisted Sisters....love it.

Can I talk about weigh-in?? So last week I weighed in a 222.8. Friday I weighed in at 222.8 so I decided t wait a couple more days and weighed in this morning at 222.8. It doesn't seem possible to weigh exactly the same, ounce for ounce week after week. But it is...possible. I know I'm doing well so I can only conclude that my water intake is not enough. I know I don't drink enough water. I need to do this and also add some green tea to my regimen...I know it will make a difference.

Great DD yesterday. All in all around 390. DH had a gig last night and I took a shower at 8:00pm and went over to hang out for awhile. It's only a couple of miles from my house. I drank two glasses of water only and got back home at 11:45...

Happy Sunday morning. Big week this week. I have no work tomorrow but I do have a hair appointment with a new person, then I'm off to buy my turkey (unless I get one today) it's going to take a few days to thaw in the fridge. I work on Tuesday and Wednesday, then TURKEY Day and I gave away my Friday...so woot woot!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

It is entirely possible you're the same...but then again, here we are contemplating the idea of a new scale..

Ya did great yesterday!

I cannot even believe that it's Thanksgiving AGAIN...seriously, where did the year go! Last year I was already on the beginnings of being sick at this time so I'm knocking on wood that isn't the case this year.

Every year DH's boss gives the guys turkeys...he'll get his on Monday. Then begins the great defrost..

Plans today?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani....

That is my new scale....

Yes the great defrost! I'd love to do fresh turkey but then they wouldn;t have them when I want them.....

No plans, made DH and myself some breakfast...he has to go retrieve band equipment...for me probably just a big of cleaning etc, and fine tuning my grocery list...and menu.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #764
Blabbermouth!!!

You got a new scale??? Really??? Why do I not remember this?

DH works all day for the next 2 days, then off Tue. then all day Wed... I'm on my own for cleaning and prepping...funny how that worked out...<..snort..>...I'd swear he did it on purpose if I didn't know any better I've got cleaning on the agenda today as soon as I get DD off to work.. thankfully dinner's in the crockpot so it's a no dinner worry kinda day...

I am DREADING the grocery this week... It was already nutso yesterday...not only crowded w/ people but there is stuff EVERY. WHERE.. I hate when the aisles are so full of stuff piled up that it's impossible to even pass someone.. I still have last minute stuff for T-day to get...still deciding on a couple things for Thurs. I think, the more I think about it, I'll be making Thanksgiving day my reward day instead of Fri..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle~ Yep, I've had the new scale since September....makes me think there was absolutely nothing wrong with my other one...

DH did yard work yesterday while I cleaned inside. This is a point of contention for me. People will be IN my house for hours on Thursday but all he can think about it the 10 seconds they will spend coming up the sidewalk to the front door...oh well. I got a lot done and that makes my hair day today a little easier to go to....no guilt about leaving a messy house.

The grocery here wasn't too bad yesterday (I stayed out of Walmart). I still have this and that to pick up but I got my turkey and the trimmings. I've decided to make chocolate pie for dessert this year in honor of my Mom. She made hers with meringue, I'm going to top mine with whipped cream.

DD today, and that's just fine with me.

On a random note, my neighbor called me and asked me to meet her at the fence yesterday...she had a tray of shot glasses ~ 1 for each of us (DH, DS, Me, her DH and herself). Atomic Fireball Whiskey! Just like drinking liquid red hots. Oh my goodness. How sweet is she? Made the yard work and the cleaning go much smoother.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

Atomic Fireball shooters! I love that stuff! What a sweet neighbor.

Crazy about the same weight, but that sure does happen sometimes. Very frustrating when you know you're doing so well.

I love your comment about the inside vs the outside of the house. That is very typical, but guys know that the other men will be checking out and judging "his" domain. Unless the inside of a house ism a true wreck, or smells bad, I don't think most guys even notice that. We do though!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, where the heck have I been! Seriously do not remember you buying a scale! What kind is it?

Men! Ya gotta love 'em! ....at least he was trying to help, right?

I'm drooling over the idea of a chocolate pie! YUMMMMMMM!!

When I come see you (and I will) we'll have to drink some red hots.. That actually sounds really good, I love me some red hots!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #768
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin' Lady! How'd the hair turn out?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tuesday, work day, up day, great hair day!

Good Morning! Dani, I have found a new colorist (cue the angels singing)! She is awesome. We had a nice in depth chat about what I wanted to do and then she proceeded to do it, beautifully!! She only put down color and used my blonde hair as highlights. Still nice and blonde with dimension and a fabulous cut! I couldn't be happier about it.

Yes I have a new scale, it's digital, very thin and flat, I can hide it in my cupboard, so no one else can monkey with it.

Atomic Fireball Whiskey was found at Costco yesterday and brought to my house for further testing. It should make a nice sipping moment in front of the fire, when you visit Danielle.

Great DD yesterday, I was at the salon at 10:30 looking through books, and started my appointment at 11, then didn't get out until 2:30 so not eating was a breeze.

Carol I've wondered if my scale is programmed to hang on to the previous weight...it seems crazy to me to weigh the same, to the ounce, for so many days...

Today I have work, then I have to come home and bake my cornbread for my dressing on Thursday. It has to cool, then get crumbled and dried. My favorite thing on Turkey day, but only once a year...it blows me up like a balloon....

I'm making cranberry salsa to serve alongside the jellied cranberry sauce. All it is: canned Cranberry sauce, green onions, sliced thinly, jarred jalapenos chopped, and fresh cilantro. Really good, hot, sweet and tart.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #770
Blabbermouth!!!

I am SO glad the hair turned out wonderful! I was worried there for a second

Oooo that cranberry salsa sounds yummmmm, I don't normally care for cranberry sauce, but that, I think I could do!

Boo work! There ya go, being all responsible, and stuff...
Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Glad to hear your hair turned out so well! We need pics! Lol.

Oooh, I love me some stuffing! That's one of my favorite things on Thanksgiving, and I'm very picky about what kind I'll eat b/c I'm partial to my mom's.

Enjoy your Atomic Fireball drinks...hehe!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I want to see the new hair! It sounds pretty.

Atomic Fireball testing - you know, I'm available if you need an additional opinion. It might take a few shots to be sure though. Now that sounds fun! I bet we'd just laugh and laugh!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

I imagine today will be a busy day for you. If I don't get to talk to you, have a very happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family
Old 11-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yes, I want to see the new hair! It sounds pretty.

Atomic Fireball testing - you know, I'm available if you need an additional opinion. It might take a few shots to be sure though. Now that sounds fun! I bet we'd just laugh and laugh!
If LCFriends had a 'like' button I would have liked this!! Yes, definitely testing testing and lots of laughs! Maybe someone will take my picture tomorrow......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I imagine today will be a busy day for you. If I don't get to talk to you, have a very happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family
I am never too busy for you Danielle! I have work today and then the house to myself tonight. DH is running sound for DS's gig tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Glad to hear your hair turned out so well! We need pics! Lol.

Oooh, I love me some stuffing! That's one of my favorite things on Thanksgiving, and I'm very picky about what kind I'll eat b/c I'm partial to my mom's.

Enjoy your Atomic Fireball drinks...hehe!
Jayce I love stuffing too! I guess I'm going to have to have a shot of Fireball for each of you!

Feeling a touch of anxiety this morning, I don't know why....

The grand girls are coming this morning until I have to go to work at 10:30. I have most everything I need for tomorrow except the Yukon Gold potatoes that I'll pick up at Sprouts after work...and the pumpkin pie from Costco...Do you think I need to make a small canned ham? It would be bad to not have enough meat...

Today is a DD and it's all veg, all day.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #775
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh, ya think you guys will be busy today at work? I gotta head to the grocery one more time this afternoon...totally forgot about dinner tonight Walmart was not so bad yesterday, I was shocked...altho the people working were less than pleasant.

Hhmmmmmm, does everyone in your family love meat? I imagine your turkey is gonna be huge, no? In our house we have a small to medium size cause no one is particularly crazy for turkey so just enough to have for dinner and that's about it. You can always have the ham for leftovers if it doesn't get all eaten..
Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani work was so slow yesterday...I made $8 off of my two tables...I imagine today will be the same...

My turkey is a 20lbs, I usually get about 15/16lbs. I always cook it in an Oven Bag, it cooks faster and is never dried out. You're right, I should do a small ham for leftovers and stuff.....

I hate it when Walmart is filled with cart pushing zombies...I can't get out of there fast enough. I think I will avoid Walmart today...I have a planned trip to Sprout's and Costco...that is all...but I still need a canned ham.....

I'm planning an all veggie DD today...I have butternut squash and Brussel Sprouts to roast in the oven....
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG, $8 That isn't even worth your time getting there!

Ugh, I hate Walmart on a good day...then throw in a holiday and mercy, I'm about ready to poke someone's eyeball out with a meat fork the ones that kill me are the groups of women who "bump" into eachother and then proceed to talk in the middle of the aisle, see you coming and STILL don't move! DH literally plows right through them and if someone is talking about something he starts talking like he's part of the conversation..like yesterday, some lady was saying (while IN the middle of the aisle..., "has anyone heard from Laura...."...DH keeps moving in the middle of them all and says, "oh, Laura, yeah she's fine. Doing great!"... some of them found it funny and a couple made faces like they smelled something rotten with their little plastic faces turned up

Mmmmmm brussels.... they give me major heartburn but I still eat them..
Old 11-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Some scales are programmed. You also said you pick it up and put it away. That might upset it it, too. I really don't know, but some of the fancy ones are fussy. You might have someone else get on it and see what happens or hold a heavy bag of something and see if it changes.

Glad your hair came out great.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi buds! Dani I so hope you didn;t have to go to Walmart today... Thanks Seabreezes, same to you. I'll check out the stats on my scale, yes I do pick it up and put it away....Just got home from work...I was starving and roasted some butternut squash cubes and ate it w/ salt and pepper. Delish!

Stopped by Costco, yep it was a busy busy place. I bought a giant lattice top apple pie and a giant pumpkin pie, some crescent rolls (the kind you bake up) and...a lovely looking container of freshly made mac n cheese, a 'take and bake' if you will...

My tummy is full, i feel energized, I have my 'bear paws' on my feet so they are toasty warm and comfy.

DH just pulled in the driveway so I gotta go for now.....
Old 11-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

NO! No WM today! Thank goodness!!!
The grocery was bad enough....and I luckily did not need a cart and was able to dash in and out of there in a few minutes.. too much anxiety for me.

Omg, I've been eyeballing that apple pie from Costco for the last couple weeks Looks SO good!! I hope it's as good as it looks

Sounds like you are all set!