Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
OMG, I'm having a desperate DD today. I've stayed busy but I had oatmeal for breakfast and I think it was jsut a bad idea. My hunger has been the worst today. I wish I could go to bed but I have the Grand Girls tonight and I have to feed them.

If I don't make it , I'll stay low and call it a medium day. Not going to beat myself up for it.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yanno, when I did DD's I could never have many carbs....especially in the morning first thing! It left to a rumbly tummy allllll daayyyyyy lonnnnggg!
Having a plan and moving forward is all you can do...if it was a medium day it's still all good! Now you know what to do (not to do) for those DD's for nexxt time!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #723
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
MDs happen. It's better than suffering horribly, and having the kiddies around would make that extra tough. I hope you're enjoying UD today!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For sure a medium day, maybe 1000 max if that. Oh my goodness, carbs are the worst for hunger...never again. I thought weight control oatmeal would be super filling (and it was) but when it was gone I was left with this mad hunger.

Today is my twins 29th B-Day. Going to a BBQ for some fun and relaxation with the whole family. I'm looking forward to it. The Grand girls just left with their Dad, they were really good last night. We watched Transformers and Lord of the Rings...Two extremely long movies, had Naked Popcorn (just corn, coconut oil and salt). 130 calories for 4 cups. This morning they had Cranberry Orange Muffins and fruit. Right before their Dad got here they almost got into it...a kick here, a shove there...I put the hammer down and they gathered up their stuff in silence. Really good girls and I get to see them again in a few hours.

I'm making my "Bad Luck" Meatballs. I either burn them, forget to take them with me, or last time...I broke my toe on the way to get them. Here's hoping for non-eventful meatball-ness.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

twin babies! BBQ sounds great

Is your popcorn the one from Costco--popcornopolis.. That's what I have here and I have to stay out of it as much as possible because I could eat a couple servings every day

Bad Luck meatballs, huh? First thing I thought of when I read that was an old Social D song...ya got bad bad luck......They're aptly named, cause sheesh, that's no bueno!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday DD today. I'm ready for it.

Mornin' Dani! Great party! A good time was had by all. The big surprise was my dear nephew came all the way from San Pedro as a surprise for me and the birthday twins, That was amazing! Perfect weather and the meatballs are no longer bad luck. They were delish.

The popcorn is "Naked Popcorn'. Really good. They have another one there that I dare not buy, It's a combo of cheese popcorn and kettle corn all in one bag. OO la la. No way, I'd OD.

Work today, DH is home to hang out with the nephew today (plus he's just plain tired) and I'll be back later this afternoon. I've had my DD light bread turkey sandwich, it should hold me until dinner. About 175 calories w/ coffee.

Gotta hit the shower...be back later.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

So awesome that your nephew could come surprise you! Sounds like it was a great party.

Yeah the popcorn I have is Nearly Naked...cooked w/ coconut oil. What I find funny is that I get the "hot flast effect" that sometimes happens w/ ingesting CO with this stuff I love love love this stuff! There was a cheesy/carmel one today there that I absolutely adore--alas it does not really fit into my plan per se..

Hoping work wasn't too crazy today so you can come home and relax and have a visit w/ family!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #728
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katmontini
Stats: Start 185-now 120-goal-110
WOE: Adkins-modified
Start Date: Start date march 1-2013
Low carb modified

I to have made my own 20 carbs no more have loss from 185 a120 since march 2013. No grains ( take fiber) no dairy except o carb cheese,no sugar.i do drink vodka water with Hawaii punch packs on Saturday night 0 carb 80 calories I have not been able to exercise yet due to disk in neck removed last week so will start in jan so far I feel better than when I was 20. Will never go back this is my life style
Katmontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi katmontini! Great job on the loss!!

Dani~ I wanted that cheese/caramel corn so bad but I knew I could not stop once I started.

Just a quick pop in to say work was long and busy and good for tips. I just got home, the Z car and my DH and nephew are missing...hmmm. I'm kinda hungry but not bad considering the day I've had. I will definitely stay in calories tonight and have a nice up day tomorrow.....
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #730
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad the tips made work worth the effort

Hoping you got some quiet time before the Z-car, the man & the nephew returned?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #731
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great job on the good DD yesterday and enjoy your UD today. I'll bet those boys had a good old time in the Z car!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, lady! How are things on your side of the country?
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Lady~friends!!

I've been up for hours already, gathering some recipes for T-Day, making a 'main' list and sorting through my stuff to see what I have and what I need. Yes, it's a fun chore, I like it.

Dani ~ the guys got home minutes after I posted their absence, fortunately they had eaten while they were out so I didn't have to feed them. My nephew stayed until about 9 o'clock last night and then drove home. He has recently been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and forgot his stupid machine. He said it's the first time he's traveled since he got and of course he forgot it. He did look tired and said he had slept badly the night before. I hated to see him leave so late but he assured em it was okay. He may come back for Thanksgiving next week and I'll bet he remembers his machine.

Carol, hi! How are you? Thanks, my DD was perfect really, I was too busy to think about food. The turkey sammie I had for breakfast kept me going all day long. I ended up having a vegan veggie burger over steamed broccoli slaw and a touch of soy sauce. Ultra low cal and very filling.

Jayce~ my side of the country is dang near perfect right now. Cool and breezy with a little rain in the forecast for later this week. I plan to do some baking today (for fun & heat) and do some more cleaning. The dog hair around here grows exponentially. *sigh* I love my dogs...I sometimes wish they were all small Mexican Hairless. Food would cost less too.

So I'm going to enjoy my Up Day, a day when I don't have to think about food, whether I can have it or not, whether it will make me hungrier or not, or when I have to eat it. Gotta love that!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

I still need to get my menu together... DH was busy trying to talk the kids out of a turkey ( he hates turkey ) but they weren't having none of that talk.. they don't like it a whole lot either, but I suspect it's just the "feelings" of the holiday that they associate with it..so, we're having turkey. The kids always win out. Every time.

Yikes about the sleep apnea! Poor guy! Bet he doesn't forget it again, either

Enjoy your UD today. Is there work involved today?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin'

I am here to report that I have a serious 'food hangover' and sleep deprivation...yes it's true. Yesterday I baked some off the hook ghiradelli chocolate chip/pecan cookies, Yes I ate several AND I had iced coffee at 3:00...then I had cheeseburger mac for dinner...then I had a few more cookies...and then I couldn't fall asleep until after 11pm (because of the chocolate and coffee) and then I had to get up at 5am. Ergo...food hangover. DUH! Looking forward to my DD today and some healing and cleansing and (maybe) a nap.

*disclaimer* No alcohol was involved in this hangover.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmmmmmmm I love those cookies! I have some Ghiradelli brownie mix in my cupboard that, somehow, I've managed to avoid.
Sorry about the hangover, but it sounds like it was a good day!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I've never made any Ghiradelli cookies or brownies...y'all are making me think I might need to find these & make a batch for a Thanksgiving treat.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani and Jayce, seriously...you have to make these cookies!! But be careful....they are potent in all things sugar.

As I promised myself, I had a good DD, no cookies or even thoughts of cookies. In fact I sent the last two in DH's lunch this morning. He and DS had a cookie-fest last night after dinner...just looking at them made me feel a little nauseous. I also had a nap yesterday...that was good.

Up day today and no cookies here to worry about or be tempted by. I think it's Souplantation Day, and that means mondo greens, beans, and veggie salad with some soup and maybe a corn muffin. I love the way I feel when I fill up on veggies!

I do not like the way I feel when I eat junk!

Rainy day today and I have some more 'fine-tuning' to do to be ready for Thanksgiving next week. It's hard to believe the end of the year is rapidly approaching.....again. The older I get, the faster time flies....

Hope you girls have a fantastic day!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #739
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrat's on another great DD!
I take it you're off today for the lunch crowd? Enjoy 'the Plantation' today... I wish we had one of those out here, we used to eat there all the time when we lived in SD. What I wish even more....was that I'd have actually known you when we were living there...I have a feeling we lived close!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

I've never seen a Souplantation anywhere I've lived...it sounds yummy, though!

For Thanksgiving, I think I'm making the beloved broccoli & cheese casserole...it's like a holiday staple, and soooo good as leftovers too. Now I'm definitely making myself hungry...LOL!

Great job on a successful DD yesterday...you're in the swing of things!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A little bit of Blues....no booze...and a DD in a pear tree.

I'm feeling that strange lull between 'almost Thanksgiving" and almost Christmas....kinda melancholy, but not too much. I'm going to chalk it up to having too much to do and no gumption. As I mentioned to you earlier Danielle, I went to the Super Center yesterday and had in my cart...eyeliner, DH's antiperspirant, a box of cornbread dressing, a bag of cheese, an 8-pack of giant tortilla shells...I had been walking around, they moved a bunch of stuff so I had to search the store, couldn't find what I was looking for....suddenly the thought of going through a line to buy stuff was just so overwhelming that I couldn't do it, so I left the store. Been a long time since I felt that way. I could have come home and had wine, it was an up day...but I didn't.

I want to put up my tree...but I don't want it to be seen on Thanksgiving....I am so weird.

AND...DD the elder just called and is bringing one of the grand girls over...no school for her today, she is feeling a bit under the weather...I pray it's not contagious...I just got over something myself.

*sigh*
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce, your casserole sounds delicious!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #743
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I'm relating...I have been sorta in an odd mood lately....salty and low sometimes... I think some of mine is coming from the huge changes to our holiday traditions...I hate it!
I have done exactly what you did yesterday more times than I care to admit. I get overwhelmed alot there, and at the regular grocery...
Proud that you didn't come home and have the wine--ya done good girly!

Oh gosh, I'm hoping the grand doesn't make you sick again!
Hope she's feeling better soon, too!

I'm assuming no work today since you're now babysitting?
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, I've been off all week except Monday...I gave away some shifts to those who need them more (have to pay rent) and I've been getting the house ready for Thanksgiving....plus...I'm lazy.

I'll snap out of it sooner or later...

I need to figure out how to get Thursday as an up day...it's not correct on my current rotation....somewhere I need a medium day.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #745
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani, I've been off all week except Monday...I gave away some shifts to those who need them more (have to pay rent) and I've been getting the house ready for Thanksgiving....plus...I'm lazy.

I'll snap out of it sooner or later...

I need to figure out how to get Thursday as an up day...it's not correct on my current rotation....somewhere I need a medium day.
Um, no, you're not lazy. You've been busy at home taking care of family, preparing for more family... you've been busy..

Take a MD somewhere this weekend that way you have the first part of next week to get into that new rotation.... just my .02.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Um, no, you're not lazy. You've been busy at home taking care of family, preparing for more family... you've been busy..

Take a MD somewhere this weekend that way you have the first part of next week to get into that new rotation.... just my .02.

I love your 2 cents!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

You know what -- when I was in middle school/early high school, I had some major social anxiety issues. It was so bad that I didn't want to go in a grocery store b/c I got overwhelmed by the amount of people in there & I didn't like people looking at me. LOL.

It's not severe like that now, but I do still get anxiety when I go in a super-crowded store, like I made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart on a Sunday a few weeks ago...O_O. Never again.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #748
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
You know what -- when I was in middle school/early high school, I had some major social anxiety issues. It was so bad that I didn't want to go in a grocery store b/c I got overwhelmed by the amount of people in there & I didn't like people looking at me. LOL.

It's not severe like that now, but I do still get anxiety when I go in a super-crowded store, like I made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart on a Sunday a few weeks ago...O_O. Never again.
Ugh, WM on a weekend is just horrendous!
For me, the anxiety I struggled with before was being around all that food and all the choices....such a strange thing.. I even went to therapy for it and had to do exercises IN the grocery store to get over it. Hadn't happened in so long, yesterday totally caught me off guard. Of course I was in such a hurry to make sure I had at least dinner for last night, I didn't get anything else---so now I gotta go back
Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
For me, the anxiety I struggled with before was being around all that food and all the choices....such a strange thing.. I even went to therapy for it and had to do exercises IN the grocery store to get over it. Hadn't happened in so long, yesterday totally caught me off guard. Of course I was in such a hurry to make sure I had at least dinner for last night, I didn't get anything else---so now I gotta go back
I can understand that...I've avoided dinners/parties before b/c of an almost "dread" of food that would be there. I allowed it to rule my life, and that sucks. It's crazy how much of an impact food can have b/c it's so emotionally tied in to other aspects of ourselves!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I can understand that...I've avoided dinners/parties before b/c of an almost "dread" of food that would be there. I allowed it to rule my life, and that sucks. It's crazy how much of an impact food can have b/c it's so emotionally tied in to other aspects of ourselves!
I love you girls! I'm so glad we're all better now.....