Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #691
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ohmigosh..I love love love cracker jacks!
There is something about this particular theater's popcorn...and I KNOW it's their popcorn that is yummy because we've gone to the other company theater AMC...and blech...no bueno.. The popcorn at the venue where we went to the show the other night was soooo good too I coulda had a large bucket of it but I refrained...go me.

I would love a treadmill in the house...there are some down at the little gym here but one or the other is always broken and then some schmucky icky guys always show up at one point and sweat all over the place and it just grosses me out so I leave.. ....and now I just don't like to go there...yeesh! I'm actually kinda excited because our new insurance has a thing in it for reimbursement for gym memeberships...gonna have to look into it and see what it takes..I would LOVE a trainer again!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Dani we are crossing over each other in our posts!

Remember when I was ruminating about how it was weird that I could JUDDD again after not being able to do it for well over a year (almost two)? Yesterday DH said "I can see the new program is working". And that was it! It was the devastating news that he noticed I was over-weight a few weeks ago, that is what gave me strength to do this again...and I told him so, right then and there. I thanked him for saying something. He said he had been worried about my health and didn't want to lose me and that it was hard to say anything to me about it but he did it anyway. He's been so supportive these last two weeks, completely understanding of my DD's and cheering me on. What a man.
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Dani we are crossing over each other in our posts!

Remember when I was ruminating about how it was weird that I could JUDDD again after not being able to do it for well over a year (almost two)? Yesterday DH said "I can see the new program is working". And that was it! It was the devastating news that he noticed I was over-weight a few weeks ago, that is what gave me strength to do this again...and I told him so, right then and there. I thanked him for saying something. He said he had been worried about my health and didn't want to lose me and that it was hard to say anything to me about it but he did it anyway. He's been so supportive these last two weeks, completely understanding of my DD's and cheering me on. What a man.

Mine has been supportive as well..I KNOW he was worried about me because *I* was worried about me. I was miserable in every aspect...I hated the way I felt, hated the way I felt in my clothes, just everything... He eats what I eat for dinner plus an extra side and he's good.. He makes sure when we go out to eat during the week on his days off that it's some place where I will have actual choices..

It's amazing how just a few words is all it takes sometimes to set us down a path of success.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
"I will miss watching Supernatural (TNT reruns)...gotta love those Winchester Boys!"

I remember watching those reruns when I worked evening shifts at my previous job -- I would watch Supernatural before going in.

Seems like you're definitely in better spirits lately -- it's amazing what an effect our eating choices, etc. can make on our overall well-being.

I wish you the best of luck with everything, Blonde!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
"I will miss watching Supernatural (TNT reruns)...gotta love those Winchester Boys!"

I remember watching those reruns when I worked evening shifts at my previous job -- I would watch Supernatural before going in.

Seems like you're definitely in better spirits lately -- it's amazing what an effect our eating choices, etc. can make on our overall well-being.

I wish you the best of luck with everything, Blonde!
Jayce~Thank you Honey! I am in better spirits, thanks to having a plan I can live with and seeing some slow but good results. Yes Supernatural...just started watching it the last few weeks, it's def entertaining if not a bit on the gory side at times...I love it and it's a real puzzle. I also watch Bones and Castle...DH says we only need one channel, that's all l want to watch. I like the them because they're good background noise if I'm not paying attention or good to nap to as well...

Dani~ it is indeed amazing how words can transform us, or cut us deeply...if we let them.

I'm sitting here, sipping 10 calories of vegetable broth, nice and hot and catching up on my email. Work was good, I made pretty fair tips today and I'm having a good DD. Not too hungry, okay to wait for my chicken salad when DH gets home. He's having oven burritos and salad. My youngest GD is playing a game on her kindle until her Mom comes, my other one has 'Robotics Club" after school. It's very cloudy outside and feels very cozy in the house. I am content.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad it was a good work day!

Wonderful to feel content with food for awhile, huh? I'm having kinda a noshy day today...munch on some veggies and it's not doing the trick..I may have to resort to a quest bar here soon if I can't shake it.. meh.

It's been cloudy here too...I was afraid to get my car washed today
Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wednesday~UP DAY~Hump Day...yada yada....

Today will be a challenge (but not a food challenge). Looks like my youngest DD may have Mumps..or maybe not. The Doc said if it's not a glandular infection it's Mumps. She started a Z-Pak and that should make the swelling go down right away...unless it's Mumps. I'll have her this morning, drop her at her Mom's work on my way to work, then pick her up after I get off work...more than likely for the rest of the week. My son (who moved home last week) has an earache and will more than likely stay home today as well.

I finished my down day yesterday under 500. Yay.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #698
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH MY Mumps??? I didn't think anyone got those anymore! I hope your crew feels better soon!

Way to ROCK that DD!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #699
Blabbermouth!!!

Your DD or your GD? Either way...holy smokes. I didn't think anyone got mumps anymore? Hope it's not the mumps, that's for sure! Hope DS gets to feeling better, and that YOU stay healthy through all of this!!

Great job on your DD, that is fantastic!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #700
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Nice job on DD Blonde! Gosh, I hope these mumps or infection or whatever it is goes away quickly. It sounds miserable, poor little thing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your family members start feeling better soon...I don't think I know anyone who's ever had mumps, so I don't know much about it.

Congrats on your DD yesterday! You're working that plan, girl!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG what a gooF. It is my granddaughter! The swelling has gone down slightly so probably not mumps. The Doc says even people who've been immunized can still get sometimes but it's usually a much milder case. Monica you'd be surprised at how many new Mom's are not having there children vaccinated! I didn't like it either but I got my kids immunized, the alternative is so much worse.

Ladiesl, thanks for the DD kudos! I did totally rock it yesterday. Had a good day at work today, made smokin' tips (that's really good) sold a bottle of wine (rare) and hardly any "just soup and salad, thanks"

Not sure about dinner tonight, I have nothing planned as of yet. Since we're all working hard to stay on plan I won't say what I had for lunch, just that it was good and worth waiting for. Did I say I picked up some tofu shirataki for tomorrow? I'm thinking marinara sauce.....
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

Well thank goodness the swelling is going down alittle! Poor thing!!! A couple years ago DD17 had an allergic reaction after going to IHOP with her dad..her face blew up, and she ended up with these big huge red splotches all over... that over a couple hours began to itch! I felt so bad for her! She ended up on like 3 different meds it was awful..

Well, now ya said it, I wanna know what you had for lunch!
Work sounds like it was worth the effort!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin' Darlin!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #705
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You know when my DS was little, he had a gland get infected in his neck area and caused swelling too. Hopefully that is all it is for her too! Immunizations, IMHO, no brainer, just do it!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #706
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad the GDs swelling is coming down. That sounds so painful! Good for you for raking in the tips yesterday! That's hard work! Have a wonderful day today too.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD Thursday~so far so good.

Good Morning!!

Dani~ OMG how scary is that?? Did they ever find out what caused the reaction? Okay, I had a Wendy's Pretzel Chicken Pub Sandwich with a Frosty and fries...wish I had saved half for today! lol. I was not hungry at dinner!

Monica~ I agree, get the vaccines. Our borders are wide open to all kinds of bad things coming in from abroad (or even next door in Mexico). Better safe. Yes, I'm so glad, the swelling is way down today and I think school is in order for tomorrow...plus I could use a break. she's no bother at all, it's the idea of being responsible that is tiring.

Carol~ You know, it is hard work but it's work I enjoy so it's doable. I don't want sit down work anymore...I'm still trying to work off the 10lbs I gained at Geico in six weeks.

So far today 100 calories and still 2 hours from lunch. I'm about to have some veg broth (5 cals per cup) and pre-make my shiritaki w/ marinara because it's better when it sits awhile and it's also best when I'm starved.

On a hunger scale of 1-5, 1 being the most hungry, right now I'm at a 2.5. I've got this...I've noticed that as each DD goes by it gets a tad easier, almost like my body is waiting for the DD. I'm sure I had plenty of calories yesterday with the 'rich' lunch but still and all not bad.

Tomorrow is lunch with my Bestie, and an up day...and a Souplantation Day, that makes today even more important to get through successfully. It will make tomorrow all the better.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

No idea what it was that got her so sick...we "think" maybe a banana nut muffin she may have had, but she'd never had that reaction before.. So weird!

Mmmmmmm..I haven't had one of those frosty's in so long!

The day sounds lovely for tomorrow...have fun!!!

It will get easier the more days you string together
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Danielle!

I caved and I'm having 95 calories of veg & shirataki...20 minutes ahead of schedule, that leaves me plenty of calories for my DD salad. No work today and I can tell by my partial white knuckle DD.

About lunch yesterday...here's the deal: The chicken sandwich was awesome. The first 10 fries were awesome. The first half of the frosty was awesome. I could have literally cut everything in half and it would have been plenty. Of course I ate it all. My hope is that this acknowledgement of the full factor will save me some calories next time or at least 'slow my roll' when it comes to ordering lunch.

LOL, I made my GD a peanut butter bagel earlier and the littlest dog was like "me, me, me, mememe"! I'm eating shirataki and broccoli slaw and the dog is no where to be seen..... She's smarter than I thought.

Note to self: Shirataki is always better with soy sauce and teriyaki..ix-nay in the marinara...*shudder*.

Did I tell you, I've been reading Dr Sleep, Stephen King's sequel to The Shining? SOOO GOOOD!!!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-14-2013 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: adding
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #710
Blabbermouth!!!

Totally get it! This is what I was talking about on my reward days.... I'd be all gung ho to dive into something and then about half way through I'm just, Meh... somewhere when I wasn't looking my "meter" clicked into working mode again...I don't have to eat as much anymore because I can listen to what my body is telling me..it's very liberating. The food is either just ok, or I find it's too much..both times it's exciting any time I pass on something or leave food on my plate. The more times I do it the more empowered I feel.

Laughing about the dog...I'm with her

Oh gosh, another book I have yet to read...I have a towering stack in my closet of books I have to read...not to mention the 'queue' on my kindle But I keep buyin 'em! I love books!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

You know what's good even though it sounds weird? Wendy's fries dipped in a Frosty. I haven't done that in forever, but think I will sometime soon for a treat. I just need the smallest size Frosty for it. Yum! Lol.

I put in a hold request for Dr. Sleep a couple weeks ago, but of course I'm still waiting for it since it's new...I cannot wait to read it! The Shining is one of my favorite books of all time.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani and Jayce~ Dr Sleep is a must read. Absolutely loved it!! For a few years King's novel were kinda meh, and then I read Dumas Key, It was good (but really dark). Then nothing really great until 11/22/63. OMG I loved that one...now Dr. Sleep. I'm so glad he didn't retire when he said would. While Under the DOME had it's moments, in the end it was like: Really? Are you kidding me?

I still read The Stand, every few years, It's probably always going to be my favorite King.

Oh and Jayce, BTW~ Fries into Frosty? Did that. MMMmmm.

Yep that dog did not want my rubber noodles...or broccoli slaw. Of course, neither did I!

Dani~ I really need to make this a learning (as well as a losing) experience. It would have been a major breakthrough to leave my lunch unfinished. Maybe next time I'll listen to my body...I'm always telling it "Shut up, your not hungry" and I'm lying...I need to listen more carefully when it talks the truth to me.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Listen...and if you ARE hungry...EAT. I think we've gotten into this mentality that it's not ok to actually BE hungry! I know for me that was something I was actually afraid of...seriously? As if I was committing some cardinal sin. There are days where I eat every single calorie and still want more...on those days I eat. Hasn't failed me yet. Scary as heck, but I did it.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One sure thing about JUDDD...if I'm really hungry, I'll eat what is on my DD menu...if I don't want that, then I'm not hungry. If I've eaten everything allowed...I go to bed.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Going to bed works!

I usually end up drinking lots of water...... til my eyeballs float.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up .6. It is what it is.

I know JUDDD works and I am committed. I feel better, my clothes are fitting better. My husband can tell a difference. These are non-scale victories and I'll take them.

I know a nice big whoosh is probably out of the question...for me anyway. If I have to chip away .2 at a time that's alright. The Geico 10 is gone, when I left there my scale said 232. Now it's (apparently) a solid 222 give or take some change.

I need to step up my exercise for sure. Missing a whole week of work set me back some, and physically I need the push. I am slightly (only slightly) disappointed but I've got this. It will happen. I gotta keep at it.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #717
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm up again today too.. and yep, it is what it is.
It could be anything.

Non-scale victories are so important and I'm so happy that you are seeing yours this morning!

Exercise...... *shudder*....yeah, I'm not there, yet.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

on those 10 pounds gone forever! Great job, and bye bye Geico 10!

Years and years ago we all talked about how we were developing Aetna-butt from sitting at our desk all day, so I relate.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you girls. That 10lbs was a biggie. The rest will come off in time. I have complete faith in this.

My kitchen smells like delicious Orange Cranberry Muffins. No, it's not a candle. It's the real deal. I love the smell. I can take them or leave them but the morning is very cool and perfect for doing a bit of baking. DH will swoon. I will catch him. *eyebrow wiggle*

On other random subjects...I washed my hair this morning with a blue 'grey enhancing' shampoo and it looks so pretty. Very silvery and shiny. Been contemplating doing something at the salon to help me get my natural colors moving along. I have a TON of white hair on top and still dark underneath...I want to be able to blend it so I can just let it progress naturally. I don't know if that's possible.

Lunch today at 11 at the marvelous Souplantation! I haven't seen my BFF in two weeks so I'm excited to go and on and UP day too! I think I could do it on a down day, just fat free dressing and skip the corn bread and cream soup...and soft serve.

Happy Friday!!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great time today--sounds all very yummy!

I have no doubt you'll catch the hubbs!

I am desperately covering my gray...it looks awful when I don't.