Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH so glad to hear you are on the mend! Love the picture. Did you get all 62 candles on there??????
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning LCFriends!

Feeling about 98% today! Woot! I slept very well for the first time in days.

Carol, I got all the laundry washed and hung and folded but like Danielle said...I haven't put it away. A sure sign of too much crap is not being able to find a place when it's all clean.

Dani~ It's great to breathe! Anyone with asthma knows how scary a cold can get. Yep you're right, no where to put anything....it would be simple otherwise, yes?

Seabreezes~ I do hope for the JUDDD immune boost, this last bug just got in under the radar. Mmmm. I do love veggie soup! I've been eating more veggies on my DD's for the volume. They fill me up nicely and I get the antioxidants, too!

Jayce~ Thank you!

Monica~ Me too, I hate being sick and it seems I never do it half-a$$ed. Believe it or not, there were only 12 candles on the cake!! I love the way it looks like a bonfire.....

My DD yesterday went like this:

Creamer (45)

Chicken broth (20)

2 boiled eggs (140)

1 toast (45) w/ eggbeaters (30)

1 wedge of Laughing cow (35)

1/2 cup of chili (100)

chicken (175) w/ salad & sprinkle of Mozzarella (35)

Yesterday was kind of a 3 (out of 5) for hunger/boredom. I had to talk to myself a lot. I can't help thinking it would have been so much easier if I were working out of the house. Still, 625 isn't too bad in the grand scheme, I went to bed early to save myself from...myself. Of course all of the things I was dreaming about eating yesterday are 'meh' this morning.

I'm saving my weigh in this week for Saturday morning after my DD instead of Friday. I'm still on every other day rotations, I think I like it better that way, I don't have to look at M-W-F in a negative way, I just address each day as it comes, up or down.

It sure feels good to have a plan and work it. A plan that I can do.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #663
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yes, 98% is good!

I watched my sister and now my DD17 deal with asthma stuff...it can get pretty hairy really fast. Thankfully for DD17 the elimination of gluten has done huge wonders for her asthma...even her pulmanologist was kinda scratching her head in wonder. Something to be said for the power of wheat!

Ugh, I can never find a place for everything when all of the laundry is clean...it's crazy! I think I also grew to hate the idea of having to "put it away"...because of my job at Kohl's...merchandising apparel gets tedious and the last thing I ever wanted to do was "merchandise" my own closet

I am constantly amazed that every week I crave all kinds of naughty stuff and by the time my reward day rolls around I'm just like, meh... Drives my husband bananas! I think it's just really because I like how I'm eating all week long so it's not a big deal if I had to do it all 7 days Last Friday instead of eating way carby/sugary stuff I found myself just increasing my normal menu to up the calories all day.. DH of course thinks I'm nuts

Work today?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #664
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you're so much better today! In the past did you notice an improvement in your asthma from JUDDDing? That would be great if that benefit came back this time around.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No work today D~ I got my shifts covered earlier this week when I saw which way the wind was blowing. I'm having lunch with DD the elder at 11, then off to the grocery store to restock...I haven't been anywhere this week.

There was a definite asthma improvement, Carol. I didn't get sick the whole year I was JUDDDing, then right on my youngest daughters birthday I caught a cold...stress and/or smoking (yes I was smoking and lying about it) made me deathly ill and I ended up in the ER on breathing treatments. Finally a lesson learned. No more smoking (sneaky or blatant). Every time I try to smoke it tries to kill me. One never appreciates their health until they lose it.

I'm having the Up day Paradox. I tried to eat breakfast, I had a nice WW egg, ham and potato scramble (5 pts) and gave over half of it away to my #1 dog Cheech. She loved it. I was full. I'm looking forward to lunch out, but it's weird how food loses it's 'magic' when you can have whatever you want. Now tomorrow...I'll want that half breakfast back

ewww.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was just saying on another thread...how important it is to keep your head in the game. Some DD's are easier than others. Being busy helps a lot. For me, knowing how I feel when I don't make it through a DD is (most of the time) enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. Like yesterday for instance. I knew that I was taking in more than my 500 calorie allotment, but I ate more stuff anyway. Not everything I thought I wanted, because at the back of my mind I knew how badly I would feel if I had to have a 'do-over' the next day. I hate starting over. It makes the DD I ruined, a waste. It makes the up day I was supposed to have...well not to get to have it. And then trying to DD again, again. Just some food for thought.....mmm...food.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Your UDs and my reward days sound very similar.. when it gets here it just holds no allure... and I get to have whatever I want too and still.....nuthin.... Granted, yes, I do indulge in the occasional cupcake, etc...but I've only ever eaten "half" of things instead of the entire thing or x2... I haven't even overeaten on a reward day when it's perfectly safe to do so.. I thought after the first couple reward days I'd be over that mentality cause it was all "new"...but no, I still don't over do it because, well, I can't. There is ALOT to be said for listening to your body and head hunger...amazing how much I overate (then gained!) when I wasn't listening!

Enjoy lunch with the kiddo..so nice to go and do stuff like that when they're older.. I know when DS comes home I am constantly amazed at how grown-up he seems..
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I think one of the original reasons for JUDDD was to help asthma patients.

Several people have posted that it really helps.

I think the various health benefits, beside weight loss, make sticking to this WOE worthwhile. I think even if we go over a bit on UD, we are still gaining health benefits with the calorie swing.

Enjoy lunch out!

(I won't tell you who folds and puts away laundry for this spoiled lady!) I'm not sure how I got so lucky with my wonderful hubby!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning!

I know it's early but weekdays find me up and at 'em at 5am. No, not my favorite hour of the day but I tell myself I'm a morning person and that makes it easier...it also explains why I have my head tucked under my wing at dusk (practically). I'm having coffee my way, I just count the calories (45)...I hate black coffee so either I stop altogether or I have it the way I like it.

Dani~ Yesterday I was worried about getting in enough calories! Can you believe it? Sooo I had a couple of glasses of red and my appetite resumed. The Up Day Paradox is really a good thing to have, and it certainly curtails the need to binge. Not to say that's never happened....

SeaBree~ The health benefits of JUDDD are a really good reason to do it. I meditate on the Sirt1 gene...it is vacuuming and dusting these old cells and replacing them with new ones...cleaning up the mess inside so to speak...if I think I'm going to blow the day, Sirt1 becomes my reason to stick. I really need to heal. I never thought much about the actual 'fast' but it's essentially 36 hours. If I stop eating at 8pm on an up day and don't resume until 8am on the next up day...36 hours. For whatever reason, I can do this now, when I couldn't seem to do it for almost two years...

The plan for today...take a slow walk through the park to regain some stamina. I haven't moved around all that much and I must return to work next week! I dread Monday, it's a Holiday and we serve free meals to Veterans on Veterans Day. I'm glad we do it, I just don't want to work it.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #670

Life is too short to drink coffee you don't like girl! OH what a lovely way to honor veterans. I bet you are really busy!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Monica! Yes. it's so busy on Veterans Day and while I love the idea of it, it makes for a very long lunch shift (11-4:30) and if you've ever been a server you know that is a killer shift, especially for someone my age. The kids at work can go like bunnies all day...me, I get worn out.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm more of a morning person than a night...which kinda makes things rough w/ DH because he's the opposite I am finding that I am waking super early the last couple weeks--like around 5 and I have to try and force myself back to sleep for at least another hour...sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't LOL I try and force it because once I'm up I've gotta eat within 30 min which kinda sucks towards the end of the day when my last meal ends up being at like 5..

Awesome that your company does that for the military--love love love it! I can only imagine how busy you guys are on this day! Get your jetpack on, lady!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, my DH is a night person too! The only time it really worked out was when the babies were tiny...we took shifts. When we played music for years and years, the 'morning after' the gigs was always heinous for me. I couldn't sleep in, I had kids to take care of...DH would sleep half the day away and could never figure out why I was so Grouchy! And I was...a raging grouch.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A disturbing dream....

Early this morning. right before waking, I had the strangest dream...

I got into an industrial elevator (the kind used for deliveries, etc) with my Mom. After we got on, my Mom starting rocking it back and forth, scaring me, so I stepped off. She was chiding me for being such a baby when she slipped through a hole in the corner of the elevator. Horror! I ran over and looked down the hole but could only see cardboard and foam rubber, lots of it...all the way down the shaft. I began to cry for help and people were there, but no one was looking down the shaft, like it was too late. I felt absolutely helpless. I ran back and forth, asking for help and finally got on my hands and knees and screamed down the hole 'Mom!! Mom!! Can you hear me??? Mom!!!" I heard her say, "I'm here"...

Oh my God, you're alive! I can't believe it! As I stood there, wringing my hands, my Mom came crawling out of the hole and I pulled her up onto the floor of the building. I started crying my eyes out.

I woke myself up, crying.

My Mom has been dead since 1990.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-08-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Old 11-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #675
Big Yapper!!!!

OMGosh Blonde! That dream (nightmare) sounds disturbing! I hate it when I wake up crying. You just feel so out of control. You just have to wonder what triggered that dream about your mom.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
OMGosh Blonde! That dream (nightmare) sounds disturbing! I hate it when I wake up crying. You just feel so out of control. You just have to wonder what triggered that dream about your mom.

I know, right?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

Good golly with that dream! I bet it's because you've been thinking about her the last few weeks, maybe? Maybe she's letting you know she's "here" like what she said in your dream?

Both of us were living a parallel life in child rearing Same thing happened in our house! And yes, I was the queen of grouch...big time.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I must be retaining water....I lost a whole point 4 this week. I know it's water because I was sure I was down a couple of pounds..but I'm not. Down is far better than gaining which has been my MO for months and months so I'll take it, gladly...and try to move around more this week. I've been a couch potato for the whole last week.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

Remember you've been sick!!! That always creates havoc on the scale.. the meds and all that.. .4 is wonderful--it's a loss! Good things are coming, lady!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #680
Big Yapper!!!!

I just said that very thing on another JUDDD thread, Blonde. You're right, it's fluid retention. You're gonna see some good results next week!

And we know you're gonna get a kick-butt workout on Monday!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girlies! I'll take it. Small or not it's an improvement. Lots of medication for sure, I didn't even think of that!

I may get a kick-butt work-out on Monday...but it won't be at work!! Woot woot!! Someone wanted my shift and I gave it away! DH and I are going to do something fun, take a ride, maybe walk at the beach? I'm so relieved. My schedule had me there from 11-4 and after being sick, that may have just done me in. So back to work on Tuesday and Wed and Thursday...

Today's up day break-fast was a delicious Everything bagel with whipped cream cheese and a cup of Kona Coffee (from Hawaii) w/ Italian sweet cream (SF). Yummy. We're going for a ride today in the 'Z' car...maybe to the beach since we have a stop to make in that direction. The weather is perfect and I'm feeling so much better (especially with Monday off w/ my hubs). It feels great to feel well again.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cleaning out cupboards in the kitchen, getting ready for the biggest cooking event of my year (Thanksgiving)...

I had to pop on here and say, Up day, no hunger, no thoughts of food at all. WTH? Why can't I do that on DD's?????
Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, your day with the hubbs sounds lovely!! I miss the beach!!
Today is definitely ride-with-the-top-down weather, even here!

I hate when the hunger disappears on higher calorie days! Murphy's law? You're probably just so busy getting things done around the house, and excited at the idea of your wonderful Turkey Day, hunger isn't on the forefront. When you sit down to relax you'll probably find it again!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I think not being hungry on UP days is a common phenomonene! There must be something psychological to it, but what that ''it" is I have no idea.

I think the .4 is probably great considering your week.

Enjoy your drive.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Sounds like you had a great day planned with your hubby -- hope you had a great weekend! Glad to hear you're finally feeling better. Congrats on the loss -- every little bit helps add up to big successes!

I had an everything bagel with cream cheese this morning...I like to have one every once in awhile. I may pick up some bagel thins at the store b/c then you can still get the taste, but not all that extra bread.

Have a good Monday!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-11-2013 at 06:11 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #686

WOOHOO! You have today off! Enjoy
Old 11-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoy your day off!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back to work Tuesday & feeling better!

Good Tuesday, Down day morning to you!!

Dani ~ it was 'ride with the top down' all weekend! We took the Z out everyday! So relaxing! How was your weekend?

Seabreezes~You're right, I too think being sick slowed my loss a bit. The 'not hungry' up days have continued. I was pleasantly unhappy about being unable to make a dent in my "Mexican Dinner' last night. I could not remotely finish it. My mouth said yes and my tummy said NO WAY.

Jayce ~ Bagel with cream cheese is my favorite 'lux' breakfast...better than anything really. Fat and carbs...mmmmm.

Monica and Carol~ It was great to have the day off!!

I am super spoiled now and never want to go back to work.... To be a woman of complete leisure is a bad idea.... I must get moving or I will negate myself. BUT~ I will miss watching Supernatural (TNT reruns)...gotta love those Winchester Boys!

Today is a DD and my plan is to have a boiled egg for breakfast, then go to work and save my calories for my dinner salad. I stocked up on romaine, shredded carrots and broccoli slaw. Broccoli slaw is a great 'filler-upper' and can be microwaved for a hot crunchy bowl of yum w/ the addition of a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce. After work today I'm going by Sprouts to get a couple of bags of Shirataki Noodles. Great filler as well, when I'm particularly peckish on a DD. The trick is to microwave the rinsed noodles at least two minutes ( I have a weak micro) to remove the fishy smell and then...make the dish. I like to have it with a little marinara and some veggies to disguise the weird crunch that the noodles have. I tried it in a 'soup' dish once and it was not for me.

Hope the work day is good.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like it was a lovely weekend! Mine was quiet and lazy.....Oh, and let's not forget, popcorn-coma induced.....
Weather is not cooperating....we're looking at 90's today...it's already warm in here, all the windows are open and my ceiling fans are rollin..

Have a great day at work!...personally, I've grown to love my "woman of leisure status" ...altho' I do need to get my hiney in motion in regards to some exercise..good grief already!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi sweetie! Ermmm, speaking of popcorn......I had a bag of cracker jacks yesterday!!

I think I originally stopped going to movies when I was so 'low carb' all the time and I could not resist the popcorn! It has magical properties!

Yeah I def need to move more too...and wouldn't you know it? Someone GAVE AWAY a treadmill to my 5'8" svelte daughter. Oy, where is the justice?